[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://twitter.com/SaraSoueidan/st atus/903626750088896512

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: ok.png (59KB, 612x517px) Image search: [Google]
ok.png
59KB, 612x517px
https://twitter.com/SaraSoueidan/status/903626750088896512

What does /g/ think?
>>
At what conferences, and speak about what? Give us some context.
>>
you need to be an expert on the subject you are talking about
>>
What the fuck does /g/ care about the tweet of a front end web dev?
>>
I don't know what she's talking about, but in a way she's right.

I speak at conferences because I have to present papers I submitted. I'm not an "expert". Invited speakers are typically an "expert" in some field, otherwise why would be invited? But if the organizers think they are worth having present and they aren't an expert then ok.
>>
>>62225089
you're right, let's go back to posting animu desktops
>>
File: 1491108368213.jpg (47KB, 558x564px) Image search: [Google]
1491108368213.jpg
47KB, 558x564px
>I do not need to be qualified to lecture on a topic
How are people this retarded?
>>
>>62225058
On one hand imposter syndrome can hinder knowledge sharing, on the other hand getting your interns to pretend they know anything useful so that you can have a bigger schedule with more expensive tickets and and more sponsor bucks is pretty shitty.
>>
>>62225114
They're uneducated. It's almost like the lectures they go to are given by non-experts.
>>
just don't expect anybody to show up, or walk away having learned anything useful (and they'll remember that the next time you want to opine)
>>
To present at a breakout session, I agree with her. But a horrible keynote address gives the conference goers someone to gossip all day long. You really need to be on an advanced level and know your material to talk to the entire hall for an hour.
>>
>>62225058
This is what women have done to all fields.
>>
I think the issue of "speak", "present" and "lecture" are getting mixed up.

Anyone can speak.

An informed person can present.

An a expert can lecture.
>>
>>62225089

>What the fuck does /g/ care about the tweet from a muslim animal who clearly entered Sweden illegally and has taken a hooked on phonics version of Sweden for her last name since muslims dont know what last names are

Fixed.
>>
File: 1351817864937.gif (9KB, 237x227px) Image search: [Google]
1351817864937.gif
9KB, 237x227px
>>62225058
Sure, they have tons of non-experts go to conferences. There's nothing wrong with that. As long as you have something interesting to say to the attendees, they might have you speak at the conference. Hell, Stallman gets invited to technical conferences all the time and he admits that he hasn't even bothered to even install a *nix distro in ages and doesn't know how to anymore. If someone like that can speak, so can you.
>>
>>62225058
having skills or being good at something is bad for these mental ill people, what failed in this world to have that kind of people to exist? this is some kind of alternative nightmare
>>
I fucking hate my ancestry and this type of bitch is the reason of it. HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT.
>>
>>62225926

Are you okay, anon?
>>
>>62225932
Racial self-loathing is so pathetic. Might as well be one of those white guys who literally flagellate themselves in cotton fields to "apologize for slavery."
>>
>>62225955
I don't know what do anymore. I am a mixed race, I don't even have a reason to be a nationalist. I was raised to hate a particular race and I later found out that race has been mixed into my bloodline.
>>
>>62225951
are you this disconnected with reality?
>>
>>62225058
>rag-head
She has no business speaking *anywhere*. Why is the bitch tweeting without her husband's supervision?
>>
>>62225058
Oh so she's Stallman? got it
>>
>>62225993
Want a hug?
>>
>>62226463
Kill yourself faggot and the mudslimes too
>>
>>62225975
It's mostly about culture, not race.
Just follow the better one.
>>
>>62225058
Well, if you know about the subject enough to actually give a good conference on it, you might be as well an expert on the subject.
>>
>>62225114
Have you seen the 3rd world?
>>
>>62225975
that's a sad story, were there no clues, big nose, blk man hair, squinty eyes or have two different color parents?
>>
>>62226532
I live in Russia
>>
>>62225058
The only real way you can give a worthwhile talk at a conference about a subject you are not an expert in, is if you are an expert in another field, that you think would benefit the subject of the conference. Hence all the SJWs that know nothing about tech talking about 'muh diversity' in tech.
>>
>>62225058
>Twitter
I think you have to go back.
>>
>>62226550
There were, I talked about it with them as a kid. They just told me that our race has various physiological traits and it shouldn't bother me. I just believed them until the visual difference between me and my friends started bothering me and I decided to ask Google instead.
>>
>>62225058
I don't think about it.

Install gentoo
>>
>>62225071
Disagree. You need to be able to tell me something I don't know, or tell me something that takes me down new avenues of thought. I don't think expertise is required for either of those things. Experience, certainly. Expertise, not necessarily.
>>
>>62225058
oh shit I know one of those people who liked that tweet
>>
>>62226813
>You need to be able to tell me something I don't know, or tell me something that takes me down new avenues of thought. I don't think expertise is required for either of those things. Experience, certainly. Expertise, not necessarily.
How am I as a speaker supposed to know what the public ignores? One way to do it is to be an expert on a subject, so I know the general landscape of the know results of the area.

Your experience vs expertise doesn't follow. How you being a practicioner (having experience) on an area gives you qualification to know what the public ignores? experience can be really biases to a single part of the whole area, you can even be stuck on known domains.
>>
>>62225898
/thread
>>
File: yir2015image002.jpg (50KB, 600x444px) Image search: [Google]
yir2015image002.jpg
50KB, 600x444px
Relevant xkcd
>>
>>62225058
Did she gets killed by a suicide bomber mid-sentence?
>>
If you're uneducated I'm not going to give a crap. If you're part of a religion or sect you have even less of a chance.
>>
>>62227051
while xfce is pretty hit-or-miss, this one i've seen a lot

another phrase that goes with that is "not knowing a lot, but enough to get in trouble"
>>
>>62225975
just off yourself.
>>
>>62225058
>I am a retarded Muslim with 0 expertise but desperately want to give talks about things I know nothing about
>>
Bitches don't let a little thing like being bad at a job stop them from expecting a raise and a promotion.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.