[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

type-c headphones/earbuds yay or nay? 3.5mm is an obsolete technology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1490373222007.jpg (17KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490373222007.jpg
17KB, 600x600px
type-c headphones/earbuds
yay or nay?

3.5mm is an obsolete technology that needs to be phased out.
>>
>>62223775
Kys
>>
File: 1472910527037.png (57KB, 308x164px) Image search: [Google]
1472910527037.png
57KB, 308x164px
just give phones multiple type-c ports and have all new headphone products be released with a type-c to 3.5mm converter plug.

easy
>>
>>62223881
itd be smarter if their was one on the top and one more on the bottom, that way you have the ability to choose which one you listen from depending if your in bed, or in pocket
>>
>>62223775
3.5mm isn't obsolete in any way beyond you faggots thinking it is.

In either case, USB-C is functionally identical to the 3.5mm jack in this case though since USB-C supports 2 channels of analog audio out.
>>
>>62226111
it does? nice, thought it was digital only. they must've had 3.5mm in mind when designing it to make it easier to transition.
>>
>>62223775
>same functionality
>obsolete
The thing that should be obsolete is using USB-C for FUCKING ANALOG signal. 3.5mm does the same thing with less cost.
>>
>USB-C cable frays after twisting in pocket over time
>literally no design solution for this
>>
yay
no reason to use 3.5meme in 2017 unless you need the extra port
>>
>>62223881
What happens if you plug all the ports into power?
>>
>accidently jerk usb c head phone cable
>Phone can no longer charge

What the fuck is wrong with you people.
>>
>>62226434
MUH THINNESS

MUH SIMPLISTIC BEAUTIFUL DESIGN
>>
From a design standpoint you don't reduce the thickness of a device if you remove the headphone jack. It was confirmed by the manufacturers.
>>
The c port have digital sound. So the USB c connector need a dac to convert the sound from digital to analog. This dac is present like a tiny chip inside the connector. This is actually good if a professional audio make a nice pair of headphones that take advantage of this, but now all headphones sucks. Like Samsung s8 ones.
>>
>>62223881
you'll be using the second port almost always for audio so why change the jack for a type c plug and add the burden of using adapters?
>>
>>62228479
Fast charging takes 60mins to charge from 0%
3 ports on fast charge....

0% to 100% battery in 20mins
>>
>>62228658
>The c port have digital sound.
Nope, type c supports analog audio but you still need adapters since almost all audio devices have 3.5mm jacks.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/10719/usbif-publishes-audio-over-usb-typec-specifications
>>
>>62223775
>3.5mm is an obsolete technology that needs to be phased out.
I don't plug my phone to a computer constantly. There's no need since everything is wireless. I can also charge it wirelessly. Any other port than 3.5mm port is practically useless because being able to use any headphones is still useful. If anything, the USB ports are obsolete technology. Just keep the headphone jack and remove others if you need to save space.
>>
>>62228658
>This dac is present like a tiny chip inside the connector
No, DAC is too large to fit in the connector. And no reason to make DAC that small unless you want to spent more money.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.