[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Microsoft Edge is the best browser >fastest browser >no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8

File: dhuycgtfpuyfgi.jpg (4KB, 170x165px)
dhuycgtfpuyfgi.jpg
4KB, 170x165px
Microsoft Edge is the best browser
>fastest browser
>no need to download anything
>chrome and firefox are botnet too so that's not an excuse
>only downside is no webm support
>>
>>62219685
Microsoft shill pls go
>>
>>62219685
intense cringe
>>
>>62219685
>Implying Cuckzilla botnet can't be disabled on firefox
>>
>>62219839
How delusional do you have to be?

>>62219685
>put one ad claiming you're the lightest and fastest
>immediately get slower after 1 use
Amazing.
>>
>>62219685

Edge was made by Microsoft. Microsoft is a literal fucking botnet.
>>
>>62219685
Try to open a fucking pdf and report on your progress. Good luck faggot.

>fastest browser
kek
just try fucking youtube vids, it dies

>jewgle, sjwzilla
valid point

>only downsides are no compliance with modern web standards, lags, shitty text downsampling, almost no extensions, slow lazy development, does not work properly with adblockers, can't change fonts, no multiplatform support, closed source - no community behind its code whatsoever

Yeah, 10/10. Fuck chrome, fuck FF, hail the new king of botnets, Microsoft fucking Edge
>>
>>62219685
On laptops it's essential as it's very trackpad friendly

>>62221190
It has a better PDF reader than chrome

You should use acrobat anyways as it is the best performance scrolling and options
>>
>>62221190
Its absolutely fine with youtube, and it has adblock
>>
>>62219685
Get back to work Pajeet
>>
isn't there a gif that floats around on this board from time to time that edge is the only one that doesn't realize properly?

Hmmm...yea... I'll still consider edge to be shit
>>
>>62221290
fuck off pajeet
we get that YOU may find this and the rest of Windows 10 "exciting" but the rest of us aren't as naive as you
>>
>>62221384
Get a precision touchpad and you would see what I mean, it's god tier scrolling
>>
>>62221408
sure as soon as you learn where to take a shit properly, kumar
>>
File: nothing wrong with it.png (616KB, 3840x2080px) Image search: [Google]
nothing wrong with it.png
616KB, 3840x2080px
Its fast and now supports extensions. What do you people not like?
>>
>>62221447
its buggy/shit UI/buggy UI/not chrome
>>
>>62221447
the Microsoft hate circlejerk is too strong
>>
File: benis.png (2MB, 3840x2080px) Image search: [Google]
benis.png
2MB, 3840x2080px
>>62221579
>Never had it crash
>ui is nice and clean
>I will admit it lacks support for some webapps that chrome has

but look at this
>>
>>62221447
>slow page loading
>unnecessary visual effects
>shitty spaced out UI
>buggy as hell
>took too long to add extension support
>users already abandoned it
hey at least it looks pretty amirite
go back to your designated shitting street, arjun
>>
>>62221636
>le nice and clean
no, its bloated and mobile looking/way too big buttons

chrome is simple and clean
>>
>>62221686
>>62221688
The buttons are fine and I'm white.
>>
>>62221706
not just referring to the buttons faggot
>>
>>62219685
>>fastest browser
i hate this meme, It depends on so many things that this is hard to determine. still bloated to all hell

I like downloading things

not the open source variants, go audit the code if you don't believe me.

that's a pretty big downfall when you browse shit tons of image boards.
>>
>>62219870
It's open source, you can just fork it if you can't turn it one. See: IceCat, Waterfox, (((PaleMoon)))
>>
The only reason why you faggots are using edge is because it has a modern-looking GUI.

Now, what if I told you that you can install this theme into chrome https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/material-incognito-dark-t/ahifcnpnjgbadkjdhagpfjfkmlapfoel?hl=en-GB and it will look similarly to dark theme in Edge ? No ugly #FFFFFF toolbar and you're done.
>>
>>62221834
>The only reason why you faggots are using edge is because it has a modern-looking GUI
/thread
>>
I'd honestly use Edge, but it's a giant step back even from IE11. I wish there was a way to put the Edge rendering engine into IE.

No RSS reader is a huge deal breaker for me.
>>
You still can't click in the address bar and have the cursor appear where you clicked.

Literally unusable.
>>
>>62221834
Yeah but how do I make chrome look not as ugly?
>>
>>62221969
Name one feature that edge has and chrome has not.

>inb4 dark theme
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/material-incognito-dark-t/ahifcnpnjgbadkjdhagpfjfkmlapfoel?hl=en-GB

It is all stacked up into it, the only difference being that the upper toolbar is smaller in size
>>
>>62221969
>"Fuck functionality! The only reason I won't use that browser is because it's not pretty enough for me"
You pajeets are a bunch of fucking third-world drones.
>>
>>62222040

2/2

tab storing - useless
reader mode - mercury reader extension
>>
One major difference that I can notice is that edge has a thicker font than chrome, which is also harder to read

https://prnt.sc/ggceab
https://prnt.sc/ggce5x

>inb4 hack me cykas

And guess what - a browser is for viewing fucking webpages, meaning that you should grab the one that is the best at the moment.
>>
>>62222040
>its not missing that feature because you can download it from a third party creator that ISNT a part of google

you are retarded, google doesn't have dark theme
>>
>>62222040
>>62222057
>how do I do x
>NAME ONE FEATURE EDGE HAS YOU PAJEETS ARE FUCKING DRONES REEEEEEE
jeez calm down I just want to know how to make it look not ugly
like getting rid of the white line below the bookmark bar with every single white theme
or is there a hidden reader mode in flags?
>>
>>62222242
>m
>muh downloading
>pls no
>>
>>62222270
nope and unfortunately you can't get rid of the white line unless you rebuild it from chromium
>>
>>62222306
fug
>>
>>62222279
its not about downloading idiot, google doesn't have the dark theme
>>
>>62222333
Does it really need one?
>>
>>62219877
yeah but if you can use edge, you're already on a Microsoft OS. why also join Google or Mozillas botnets?
>>
>>62222364
>>62221190
>>62221758
>>
>>62222393
Those aren't good reasons whatsoever. One is literally like "if you spend your life on 4chan, edge isn't good bc webms!" like wow truly revolutionary.
>>
>>62222364
You realize that this is not the reason to not use something, right ? Go tell this to triggered SJWs.. but they will backfire you as well with memes like palemoon, waterfox, etc
>>
>>62222415
Alright, so do tell me about something that Edge is better at, which Chrome / FF can't have and which you can clearly prove.

Besides that, if you spend your life on the internet then Edge is not really the best choice solely for the reason that it is actually expected not to have a good compliance with web standards since it is fairly new and it has minimal market share
>>
>>
>>62222463
reading mode without using an external service babe
are you a pajeet btw? only they care so fucking much about market share and really struggle with comprehending comments
>>
>>62222476
wtf.jpeg
>>
>>62222496
Now, don't tell me an argument upon which I can backfire or upon which you can relate as well.

You literally care about browser's appearance more than the actual web pages, besides read my second requirement.
>>
File: Snímka obrazovky (314)_LI.jpg (28KB, 366x138px) Image search: [Google]
Snímka obrazovky (314)_LI.jpg
28KB, 366x138px
oh wait

built-in paint ! how useful ! I have always wanted to express my inner artist through my web browser !
>>
W3m is the best
>>
>>62222568
Netrunner pajeets agree.
>>
>>62219685
How the fuck am I supposed to pull my pud then?
>>
File: microsoft-edge.webm (2MB, 1786x892px) Image search: [Google]
microsoft-edge.webm
2MB, 1786x892px
DAILY REMINDER THAT MICROSOFT EDGE IS A JOKE
https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/platform/issues/8487752/
>>
>>62222663
but it's a joke By Design(tm)
>>
>>62222663
Microsoft at it's best
>>
>>62219685
It's better than Brave that's for sure.
>>
>>62222699
lol alright I admit that
>>
>>62222663
>>
File: 1413656873247.jpg (115KB, 892x960px) Image search: [Google]
1413656873247.jpg
115KB, 892x960px
>>
>>62223020
The webm plugin is maintained by Google. They have no reason to help their competitors.
>>
>>62219685
>Getting spied on
>Running a proprietary browser
>Running windows 10
>No webm support
Fuck off.
>>
Daily reminder that qutebrowser is once again safe and functioning. This is the meme browser of /g/ future.

>minimalist
>open source
>vim-like keybindings
>built in, hosts-based adblocker

>Links:
https://qutebrowser.org
https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser
>>
I can't stand the bookmark scrolling. Requires needless clicking. Firefox allows for drop-down from folders with just a cursor hover.
>>
>>62219685
>>only downside is no webm support
And that's a dealbreaker for me. How can most other browsers handle this just fine but Edge can't? Care to explain, Microbabs?
>>
Tru to save a favorite, then delete it.
Good Luck Faggot.
>>
>>62223144
Is this IE advertising for India because all the men grope women on trains, and they're trying to say IE will protect you from getting a surprise fingerbanging from an unknown man on the train of life?
>>
>>62219685
I'm a simple man
When I see that logo, I delete it
>>
>>62219685
If I can't selectively allow/ban Scripts, it already belongs in the trash can. It being closed source is really just the cherry on top.

I'm trying out Waterfox, but for the life of me, I can't really tell the difference between it and FF. Which, I suppose, isn't a horrible thing.
>>
>>62219685
You can't either without a botnet account. Even adblocking is shit there, not to mention the constant crashes and incompatibility.
>>
>>62219685
Slow, shitty and full of bugs. Don't care if you think it looks "modern".
I'll pass.
>>
There is webm support
>>
>>62227101
It's made by Microsoft Singapore.
In india they will immeditialy rape woman.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.