[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Have GF 8800GT and Dual Core 2160 and P5Q pro mobo. >Have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: multikulti army.jpg (266KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
multikulti army.jpg
266KB, 800x600px
>Have GF 8800GT and Dual Core 2160 and P5Q pro mobo.
>Have Core 2 duo quad Q6600 as well in the box, but not sure if it works
>GF8800 GT gets broken
>Have doubts whether should I go for new GPU and reanimate my old computer with Core 2 Quad or buy entire new set.

Due to that, I have the following questions:

>Which option is better when it comes to money/result? If I wanted to upgrade my current system, I would have to buy more RAM as well, since I only have 2 GB @ 800 mhz now. Also: P5Q can only handle at most 1200 mhz DDR2, so that's my limit with upgrading my current stuff. In total, with some GF 750Ti GTX, I would pay for that more or less 200$.
>If I wanted to reanimate my dead PC, I would have to check if that Q6600 works properly. My old GPU is currently stripped from all of it's former cooling system and I'm wondering whether I need to put it back, before I start my computer again, since it will burn instantly without cooling or can I go into BIOS for a couple of minutes without fans on and it will handle it, as long as I don't play Witcher 2 on it?

>inb4 why do you want to attach broken GPU, if it's broken

It shows me artifacts on the whole screen, but other than that it works.
>>
Give us a clear goal.
What do you want to do with a computer?
At this point, I'd say just sell it as a set and get a new desktop with new, low end parts - it will still BTFO that old mess.
>>
>>62214922
OP, If your GPU shows artifacts but still works. Bake it, legit. The 8800's and 9800's could be thrown in the oven and revived.

Take off your cooler, put down 4 balls of foil for it to rest on. Set oven at like 385 and put card in for 10mins. Let it cool off for 30 or so mins and try it again.
>>
>>62215201
forgot to mention have the chip it's self facing down.

I've done this before and it did wonders for my 8800GTX
>>
>>62215081

This. You can build something that wrecks that for 400 bucks.
>>
>>62214922

I refuse to believe that anyone who knows what 4chan is, unironically is still on this hardware. Like seriously?
>>
Your thread looks like shit so I don't feel bad for responding to the image. Why are the one hundred twenty-three phoenixes freezing in panic against the army of three people outside their castle filled with over two thousand allied skeletons, at least one vampire lord, a hundred ghost dragons, a hundred manticore kings or whatever they're called, and twenty-seven titans?
>>
>>62215443
They see the undead in their army and are scared by them, thinking they might pull something off.
>>
>>62215556
So these unthinking, unfeeling automatons what only obey the hero controlling them are going to betray their hero and lay a bony finger on any of their hero's assets. Okay.
>>
>>62215201

OP here.

I was thinking aobut that, but my owen is so old, that the text on it got wiped out and I cannot see which temperature is 200C.

>>62215279

Seriously. There's also Windows XP installed on the top of all this and that's my most powerful system available in my house.

There's a reason behind that - the only new game I enjoyed is Fallout: New Vegas and Left 4 Dead 2 and my faith in any new games being even remotely fun died with Max Payne 3. Therefore I decided I don't need any upgrades.

>>62215443

Because they are team made from 4 different castles with a bunch of undead along them.

I imagine there's a shitload of reasons why undead will ruin your morale, starting from depressing look, ending at possibility of catching some disease.
>>
>>62215606
>unthinking, unfeeling automatons
Phoenixes aren't that. You're thinking of golems.
And it's not betrayal, just incompetence.
>>
>>62215758
I'm talking about the undead. They're reanimated bodies what only serve the necromancer which reanimated them. There's no reason to expect foul play from them because you're on their necromancer's side.
>>
>>62215800
Explain that to an animal. Undead are just plain spooky.
>>
>>62214922
New build anon. It costs too much in time to bother trying to salvage that build.
>>
>>62215852
If the animal is intelligent enough to follow orders, it's intelligent enough to know that those orders would, if followed, increase the distance between itself and the undead.
Of course, this is all a moot discussion when we're comparing game mechanics vs story in this ~'98 video game title. Canonically, the only thing that matters is that you won the fight with probably no casualties.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.