[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would I go about making a frontend for youtube? I know HTML

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: ikUeVNPGryY.jpg (159KB, 1246x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ikUeVNPGryY.jpg
159KB, 1246x1024px
How would I go about making a frontend for youtube?

I know HTML and CSS, and I've deployed a couple of sttaic websites.

All I want to make is something that can search youtube and return results, and "play" videos by embedding them in the page. It's a great way to get rid of the UI.

Should I use nodejs? What's the best tool for this? This will be my introduction to webdev.
>>
Look into youtube api. Really.
>>
bumparino
>>
https://hooktube.com/
/thread
>>
File: jared-4.jpg (100KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
jared-4.jpg
100KB, 500x625px
>>62214111
not at all.
That's too bloated and I don't want to parse the individual video links. I want to embed that video in the page (like 4chan does).
I'm not going to implement a lot of features.

>Basic search feature that shows thumbnails of videos

When you click on thaat thumbnail, you'll be taken to the video's page hwere the ID of the video will be used to generate an embedded video on the page.

>name of video

>name of uploader

>views

>like/dislike ratio

that's it.

I don't want the links to the video file itself, that's more trouble than it's worth. I think youtube concats multiple audio/video streams for some resolutions, which is something I'm not going to implement.

It's just a front-end that searches youtube and embeds the selected video in a page.
>>
File: gggg.jpg (7KB, 211x238px) Image search: [Google]
gggg.jpg
7KB, 211x238px
>>62214150
>hooktube
>too bloated

Any way like >>62213339 said you use youtube api. As far as I remember you get 50 million "units" a month for free when you make a key. Looking up a video's info can cost up to half a dozen units depending on how much information you want.
>>
>>62214226
>As far as I remember you get 50 million "units" a month for free when you make a key. Looking up a video's info can cost up to half a dozen units depending on how much information you want.
eh
Who gives a shit, I just need the name of the uplaoder, views and the title of the video. I can regex that.
>>
bumperino
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.