[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the best internet you can get for a residential property

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: qqg3g.png (23KB, 346x439px)
qqg3g.png
23KB, 346x439px
This is the best internet you can get for a residential property in Australia

100/40

But this is what I'm getting

Absolute crap
>>
File: Capture.jpg (17KB, 461x147px)
Capture.jpg
17KB, 461x147px
>>62212155
this is what i get on rusty copper wires
>>
>>62212190
My speed is from fiber to the home
>>
>>62212155
what are you gonna do about it?
>>
>>62212155
Hobart here. I have had 98 down and 38 up consistently for several years now
>>
>>62212200
If you have FTTH, where are the rusty copper wires?
>>
File: 1.png (21KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
21KB, 350x200px
This is at 7PM. Around 10pm to 3pm I get 95/38 and I am on a 100/40 plan with 13TB data per month. If you go with Skymesh, speak to them about doing a custom plan and just haggle them.
>>
>>62212295
>data limitations
not that id hit that 13TB cap, but it would piss me off anyway
>>
Poor Australia.
Not jist that every living thing tries to kill you, but also this.

Why there's no ISP who would actually make internet better?
I'm living in shit part of Europe, but here there's one ISP who invested in fiber technology early and now I can use 1Gbps without caps for 20€/month.
I'm living in shit hole, but at least I have good internet.
>>
File: C7-GmecWsAExei0.jpg large.jpg (54KB, 509x501px) Image search: [Google]
C7-GmecWsAExei0.jpg large.jpg
54KB, 509x501px
>>62212155
>Australia
>>
>>62212231

2nd that in Hobart, NW and North of
>>
>>62212362

Our largest ISP Telstra owns all of the copper lines, our previous government put forth plans to roll out fibre optic across the country at a cost of $40 billion to $60 billion depending on whose estimates you look at, which would've connected 95% of Australia via FTTH (Fibre to the home) technology. The government loaned NBN Co. the money to deploy all this at the expense of taxpayers and in return NBN Co. would slowly pay it back over X amount of decades while providing a great service for cheap to Australian's. The new government got in and criticised the previous government, the new government put in plans to use a mixture of old and new technology in the form of FTTN (Fibre to the node) to "lower" the costs which would use the old copper lines from the houses to a node then from the node elsewhere would be fibre optic. Changing direction ended up costing more but not only that, copper is very expensive upkeep which allows Telstra to still stay in on the monopoly as Telstra (our largest ISP) owns all of the copper lines. Telstra is half owned by the government, half owned by private and Telstra has been given massive tax breaks to "upgrade" infrastructure but Telstra never has. Telstras main business model is making other ISP's lease the copper lines from them.

tl;dr
We got jewed

P.S affording this isn't any issue to Australia, Australia has low debt relative to it's GDP and is one of the wealthiest nations
>>
>>62212155
same here except i get 1-4mbit on 50mbit fixed wireless
>>
File: 1456301240970.jpg (35KB, 620x348px) Image search: [Google]
1456301240970.jpg
35KB, 620x348px
KEK

You get what you vote for, OP.
>>
Home - 6/0.8
Vodafone 4G - 35/20

I pay half for home and $60 a month for Vodafone and get 50gb. Use home for bulk downloads and vodafone for gaming / general web use.
>>
>tfw aussie broadband offers 250/100 now
>for $220/month or some shit as long as you live in the right area
wonder if my new house can get it, i've go the money and fibre is already installed
>>
File: 1294927110553.png (18KB, 444x344px) Image search: [Google]
1294927110553.png
18KB, 444x344px
>>62212484
absolutely this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw9AYLsV6m0
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.