[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Director of IT asks you a question >You don't know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1504279572841.jpg (32KB, 545x362px) Image search: [Google]
1504279572841.jpg
32KB, 545x362px
>Director of IT asks you a question
>You don't know the answer so you answer it anyway
>You check 2-4 minutes later and find out you are wrong and gave him the wrong answer
>More than likely he knows I am wrong and an idiot
>I'm sitting here in my office trying to hide
>>
>>62201317
just admit you don't know you fucking retard
no one expects you to know everything, but when you give your word and it's wrong you're even more worthless
>>
>>62201317
send him email saying you misspoke, thought about it and the real answer is blah blah. relax. try not to overthink it.
>>
>>62201317
Man up and tell him you found out you were wrong and tell him the correct info
>>
>>62201317
Just say you misunderstood the question, then give him the correct answer.
>>
>>62201561
>>62201571
>>62201577
>>62201578

Good ADVICE anon

don't take it too heart and don't worry about it. If they ask mention you were busy and overlooked the question
>>
If you don't know something, be truthful about it. That way when you DO know something you will be taken seriously, rather than dismissed for having a reputation of spewing out crap.
>>
>>62201317
I could have found the answer if I researched it for one minute, I knew where the answer was but I never even thought about the question and totally made myself look like a fool today. Jesus, I will not forgive myself for this

I found out 2 minutes after answering the question I was wrong........

The director didn't say anything, and he knows I fucked up,

This isn't actually impacting anything serious btw, just made myself look like an idiot
>>
>Director of IT
I wouldn't give any person with such a shameful title the time of the day to be honest.
>>
NEVER say you don't know without offering to help in the same breath. NEVER guess either.

If you don't know the answer to a question or a problem your response should be "let me try to find out for you right now" or some form.

One of three things will happen:
1. Boss will ask someone else but appreciate your receptive-ness
2. Boss will let you get back to him and you get him the correct answer after Google or whatever
3. You don't ever get the answer too him but you at least tried.

Either way you look better.
>>
>>62201874
>tfw you will never be a sociopath
Some people have it too easy.
>>
>>62202074
>sociopath
OP here

I'm actually autistic in a way

I'm not the best in social situations but when it comes to troubleshooting any issues with anything I am the one who actually has the correct answer and rarely am I wrong when it is something I have researched and put my mind and time into it, however, with autism sometimes you also say stupid shit without thinking wait let me check on this

Basically, my autism is so bad, I was on-call and every other engineer didn't answer their phone since they didn't know how to troubleshoot this issue or what the hell was wrong so they ignored the emails and phone calls

This is what i did...

They called me and I spent over 2hours investigating this issue on a confrence/brdige roughly 10pm at night while I should have been playing video games or something.. I ended up solving the issue after analyzing everything piece by fucking piece, and the answer kind of flew right at me and many, many other engineers spent time trying to troubeshoot and I was the only one who figuered it out somehow. The key is nothing is impossible in the tech field, some thing can be done but they ight cause issues so nobody does them but that one night when my autism riddled mind would not give up investigating this one ticket/case and I was the one who solved it at night

For the next week or so, everyone in the office heard about the case and said holy shit how did you figure it all out?
>>
>>62202706
Sounds like you have OCD. Most people don't care about their job at all.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.