[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I work for an IT company, and we have both business and public

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1504255982187-b.png (1MB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1504255982187-b.png
1MB, 720x960px
I work for an IT company, and we have both business and public clients. Today I got a callout from a new business client who was saying that their PCs were shutting down all the time and wanted the problem fixed. Unfortunately I can't post actual photos for legal reasons, but pic related is essentially what I found in one of them.

Tell me about your IT horror stories or just post tech gore.
>>
Also seen pic related quite a few times. And crickets the size of my hand, i didn't even know they get this big in slavlands. Laptop that cats peed on.

As for business clients, i think everywhere's the same. Someone fucks with cables, someone gives out passwords they're weren't supposed to, someone performs a heimlich maneuver to get rid of a paper jam and acts surprised if you tell them how fucked the printer is.
>>
Best business based one I had was when they were having server issues. Turned out one of the new guys thought one of the server boxes was running too hot and poured water into it.
>>
File: locust.jpg (82KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
locust.jpg
82KB, 600x337px
>>62197435
Found the pic, fucker fried a decent laserjet.
>>
>>62197500
Jesus fuck.
I've seen mice caught in PSUs and shit, even something like that though.
>>
File: what even.jpg (175KB, 801x601px) Image search: [Google]
what even.jpg
175KB, 801x601px
User tried to divide by zero.
>>
>>62197518
>mice in psus
what the fuck
how do they even get in there
>>
>>62197351
people like you are the only people that clean them. normies working in those places do not touch them and usually they will call someone else and tell its broken when its just not turned on.
>>
>>62197657
Usually through the fan grating. They get in, then get electrocuted and burn the thing out. It leaves a huge mess. Also had a nest if cockroaches so bad that they had started eating away at the motherboard.
>>
>>62197351
I have something similar, and its my personal computer
Clenaning means nothing
>>
>>62197657
I blame people who leave their machines on the floor.
It's called a DESKtop people. Desk TOP. The optimal placement is in the name!
>>
Work at an aggregate processing yard. Got a half dozen of Optiplexes still running well with a good quarter of an inch of dust on all the internals, about once a year we hook the air gun to the compressor and blow them clean.
>>
Helped a small business with their internet connectivity issues. Huge wasp nest was in one of the network switches causing it to overheat and shut off and I wasn't in the business of getting stung so I told them it was faulty, stuck it in a travel bag to take home. Forgot about it on the train but luckily nothing else was in the bag. Someone got themselves a nice $50 bag and a $300 switch... and about 15 angry wasps.
>>
>>62198557
We've had few desktops from some construction company in similar condition. You'd expect them to at least short circuit, yet they were fine.
Makes me wonder how much of a meme all the "mil-spec" hardware really is.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.