[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You hear that /g/? App subscriptions are a good thing. >

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: HTG.png (627KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
HTG.png
627KB, 1024x768px
You hear that /g/?

App subscriptions are a good thing.

> App subscriptions are a good thing.

App subscriptions are a good thing you paranoid freedom-loving retards.
>>
Haha did you just use freedom-loving as an insult?
>>
>being cucked so hard by proprietary software that you start enjoying it
sad!
>>
>>62171983
He must be a communist
>>
fuck off paid shill
>>
>>62171848
>he has to write stuff outside of wordpad or gdocs
Holy fuck
>>
>admits he is emotionally attached to a product
>proceeds to justify it's bullshit
>>
>paying monthly for an application you use maybe not more than occasionally
No thanks.
>>
>>62171983
>>62172016
>>62172034
>>62172048

I underestimated the number of retards on this website.

Have you no clue of sarcasm?
>>
>>62172161

Didn't know they stack them either.
>>
>>62172161
the article is obviously not sarcastic and if you think it is you're autistic
>>
>>62172209
Not the article you fucking retard.
>>
>>62172209
Way to miss the entire point of OP's post, champ.
>>
>>62172298
well I wasn't talking about the article in my post you fucking retard
>>
>>62171848
I once tried to explain to /p/ that buying a new version of Lighroom at $100 once every two years costs them less than paying $10 a month for a subscription to Lightroom.

I failed:
>but anon, $10 is less than $100
>>
F-Droid doesn't have this problem
>>
>>62171848
Subscriptions only make sense if it's shit you use daily and normally upgrade every year, like Photoshop, since Adobe actually adds cool features.

Office is dumb though, since Microsoft hasn't added anything useful in like 20 years to office. They just change the UI to fuck with customers.

And turn your ad blocker on, OP
>>
>>62172495
I pay $10 for the full CS suite though. Black Friday + student discount.

If you're just using one product though, it makes more sense to buy for sure
>>
>>62172711
>They just change the UI to fuck with customers.
This shit drove me insane when I started using a computer at work again after a few years of non-computer work. Couldn't find a fucking thing.
>>
>>62171848
>autodesk trying to justify a 3ds max subscription
Fuck those jews, literally fuck them.
>>
>>62172161
surprised me too anon, lets just imagine theyre 17
>>
>>62172495
>>62172723
I just bit the bullet and switched to rawtherapee
>>
>>62173303
raw the rape?
>>
UMM FUCK OFF SHILL I DONT WANT TO PAY FOR ANYTHING LMAO RETARD!!!

PS fuck google kill all free advertised funded websites!!!
>>
>>62173402
>>PS fuck google kill all free advertised funded websites!!!
this would literally, unironically, make the web better.
>>
>>62173402
(((You)))
>>
>>62171848
You use HTG?
GET THE FUCK OUT WEABO!
>>
>>62172495
thats a good way to sell expensive shit to normies. they are so retarded that they wont know that the monthly fee will cost them more than the one time payment.
>>
>>62174139
Suppose, for the sake of argument that I find paying a subscription a good idea.
how the fuck is a good idea to now pay more to use something for 10 months when I previously payed tha same to use it for ever?
>B-b-b-but are you including the ios price?
70 dollaroos to use that uslysses (OSX and IOS) shit forever previously, now with 70 I can buy 14 months (pay by month) or 1.75 years (20 months) if I pay for a year plan. OMFG I'm so lucky!
Some time ago my employer ordered me to get into the Office 365 pricing schemes, If I dont recall incorectly in one of the plans , If you choose 4 years of suscription You'll be paying the same for the most advanced Office retail version, and by that time another one will be released. With that plan, you'll get the same set of software compared with the retail version.
My point is, Not even microsoft, not EVEN micro FUCKING soft is this greedy!!
I dunno what this fucking Ulysses program / app does, but it better give us the best fellatios ever If they wanted their users to pay this ridiculous amount
>>
I will NEVER buy a subscription to software.
Not paying for something I might not use every day. Sorry.
In fact, even if I DID use it every day, I still wouldn't.

Fine if others do, some prefer subs. I don't.
All in or nothing.
>>
>>62174985
This is the issue with subscriptions. Seven years ago, I paid about $200 for a copy of Sony Vegas that is currently still sitting on my shelf. I used it a lot in 2010 and 2011, but its usefulness fell off. However, if for whatever reason I suddenly needed a decent editing suite, I could grab it off my shelf, slap the DVD in my drive and be up and running in about an hour without having paid an additional cent. Same for my copy of Office 2010, or Windows 7, or so on. They may not be the latest versions but they're hardly outdated or past the point of usefulness.
I didn't need to pay a monthly fee to keep that software sitting on my shelf. It's still fucking there and it's still usable. Software as a service is just a way to turn individual purchases into a constant revenue stream, as well as making consumers cough up for things they might not have otherwise wanted or paid for.
>>
>>62175122
One scenario in which a subscription would be valuable to the user is if you have to use a goddamn expensive piece of software but you only need it for 1 project that will be done in a short period of time.
You have a point mentioning that some pieces of software dont need to be constantly updated (beyond the security patches).
I use some 10 year old software and it fulfills my needs just right.
I mentioned the Office 365 pricing and updating schemes because it is the example I have at hand.
>Software as a service is just a way to turn individual purchases into a constant revenue stream
Well, yeah, but at least if someone are planning to depend on one, You gotta think your numbers really hard. Those Ulysses devs are fucking out of their mind if they think that high pricing scheme is good for them.
>>
>>62173716
is there supposed to be a jew in the bricks i cant see it
>>
>>62171848
I'm still waiting for one of those Professional ServicesTM like Office or CC to start billing users by day, or fuck, by time spent using.
>>
>>62171848
People who like one-time payments instead of paying monthly forever... are TERRORISTS!

...and probably pedophiles too.
>>
>>62171848
Hahahaha omg Mac users are retarded
>>
>>62175540
What does that make people who use free software then
>>
>>62172495
Their plans are really not flexible. Those $10 include photoshop.
>>
>>62175562
LITERAL NAZIS
>>
>>62175592
This. It is known that Hitler used Trisquel OS.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.