[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would this be a good course to follow if I want to get into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: C++.png (13KB, 453x250px) Image search: [Google]
C++.png
13KB, 453x250px
Would this be a good course to follow if I want to get into programming?
>>
>84 hours individual project work without guidance
You could do this for free on your own time.
I really really hope you didn't pay more than the cost of the textbook for this "course".
>>
>>62170844
>I really really hope you didn't pay more than the cost of the textbook for this "course".
Y-yeah about that...
>>
>>62170912
This is a college level course?
How much are you paying for this?
>>
>>62170819
wait so they expect you to pay for teaching yourself?
>>
I'm all for self-teaching programming, but why would you pay to do it? It defeats the whole point.
>>
You don't need a course, and don't start with C++. It's nightmarishly large, and as someone who has written Java and Python fluently, some JS, and did some Project Euler problems with C, it's a bitch trying to get the hang of C++ because it's probably the only language in which you almost REQUIRE a textbook or formal course to be good at (i.e. not write some C with some C++ autism sprinkled on top like I have been doing).

Courses with someone supervising in any capacity are not optimal. Among other risks, you run the risk of making the learning experience feel like a chore. I prefer online "textbooks" like http://math.hws.edu/javanotes/ and http://eloquentjavascript.net/. Those and youtube videos (like Stanford's "Programming Methodology" course) are all you need. Stack Exchange is a god send. If you run into trouble just google your error message or your general question and 9/10 you'll find a Stack Exchange with the answer. Start with Python, Java, JavaScript, or maybe C if you feel edgy. Then find something you actually want to do (4chan browser, OSRS bot, IRC bot, a clock program, a chess game, etc) and then break that down into steps, and then those into steps until you get down to steps that you can approach and solve with the help of google.

Also don't get meme'd into trying Scheme like /g/ might try. It's fun but non C-like languages are for academia and neckbeards.
>>
>>62171425
C++ really isn't that hard to learn, it's basically C with a bunch of abstraction garbage that isn't hard to learn unless you didn't know what you were doing in C to begin with.
>>
File: go webber go.jpg (163KB, 623x289px) Image search: [Google]
go webber go.jpg
163KB, 623x289px
>>62171425
>This absolutely outstanding advice
10/10; I love you.
>>
>>62171425
>a common complaint of stackoverflow is people don't answer how to solve a problem using the way the question specifies but goes on some weird tangent suggesting something unrelated
>this post praises stackoverflow and also does the exact same thing, linking resources to java and javascript when the thread asks about C++
the memes are too much for me
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.