[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do cameras and people often blur the background and focus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: upload.jpg (310KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
upload.jpg
310KB, 1000x667px
Why do cameras and people often blur the background and focus on the main object? Why not just leave the whole image sharp without any distortion?
>>
>t. retard
>>
To put more focus on the actual subject without the background distracting from it and because bokeh looks good
>>
>>62154521
because that's not how optics work, light always needs to be focussed.
there's a thing called hyperfocal distance though, which describes the circumstances that situation appears
>>
>>62154521
Because that's not how optics work you fucking idiot
>>
>>62154565
>because that's not how optics work
>>62154566

Not OP, but it doesn't make any sense. It looks like a poor approach to simulate depth on a 2D medium that obviously fails.
>>
>>62154594
What part of "because that's not how optics work" do you not understand?
>>
>>62154594
there is nothing being simulated at all
put something a couple of centimeters in front of your eye, focus on it and watch what the background does
ever wondered why people need glasses?
that's basic optics, mate
>>
>>62154643
My whole vision is sharp and not blurry mate
>>
>>62154594
>Not OP, but it doesn't make any sense
Ok then, go ahead and make a camera capable of focusing on all distances at once. You'll be a millionaire before you can tell your arse from your head.
>>62154661
>My whole vision is sharp and not blurry mate
uwotm8?
>>
>>62154637
>>62154643
Which part of "it's just a meme effect and even my shitty cam from 2005 has a deeper focus" do you retards not unterstand.
>>
>>62154717
go troll on /p/ for fucks sake
>>
>>62154687
>Ok then, go ahead and make a camera capable of focusing on all distances at once.
Obviously, for OPs photo it would be a couple of meters and that exists.
Pretty sure in OPs photo it's just a meme yeah depth of field /v/ tier effect.
>>
>>62154661
You're fucking retarded m8.
>>
It's a stylistic choice you autist
>>
>>62154743
see >>62154769
A shit tier choice, though.
>>
>>62154769
Sometimes, yes, but most of the time there's no avoiding it because of fucking physics
>>
>>62154521
For focus and it makes the shot more, I guess you could say, dramatic
>>
lol you guys can't even answer a simple question properly, dumb dumbs as expected
>>
Pretending to be retarded is the lowest form of trolling
>>
>>62154521
Because your aperture is too wide...
>>
>>62154521
hahahahahahahhaha
>>
>>62154521
It's just a meme
iFags and similar posers think it looks cool because it's like in the movies
But actually you are objectively getting a worse picture by blurring half the detail
>>
>>62154687
>Ok then, go ahead and make a camera capable of focusing on all distances at once. You'll be a millionaire before you can tell your arse from your head.
There is one. However it works simply by taking a shitton of pics simultaneously at different focals
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.