[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you own a smartwatch, /g/? are these things any useful to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 12

Do you own a smartwatch, /g/? are these things any useful to you or is this just a fad meme
>>
>he needs to recharge his watch

this shit was dead on arrival
watches are fashion accessories, I don't want to connect it to my phone
>>
>>62153235
>a fad meme

So, a fad?
>>
Only thing smart watches are good for is stupid fucking retarded topic threads.
>>
File: 1488004564876.png (4KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1488004564876.png
4KB, 500x500px
Which is the best android wear? which one has the biggest screen? Might fall for the meme sometime
>>
>>62153235
I strap mine to my steering wheel and use it as a hands free.

I don't wear it though.
>>
>>62153640
Don't. It's literally worthless.
t. former smartwatch owner
>>
I recently got a Garmin Fenix 3 fitness watch, it connects to my phone so I can see notifications from my phone on the watch and that's pretty much all smartwatches are good for.
>>
>>62154448
I honestly just want the internet browser on my wrist. Is there an alternative way to do this? I wanted android wear's browser app. Pebble doesn't have a browser app
>>
>>>/fa/
>>
>>62154448
Why does her body look so abnormal?
>>
>>62154558
You think you want it, but you really don't. Their batteries are abysmal.

>>62154631
I see nothing wrong?
>>
>>62154646
Who's this cum bum?
>>
Yes, I have an Apple Watch, funny to see how this is the one piece of technology widely accepted by the mainstream but /g/ shits on it.
Maybe because most people use it for the fitness and health factor that also happens to be a watch connected to your phone.
>>
>>62154631
because you are a faggot.
>>
File: 1bnekae5ceiz.jpg (106KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1bnekae5ceiz.jpg
106KB, 1080x1350px
I had one for a short while, the novelty wears off.

co-worker had one as well, and a few weeks later I no longer see them wearing it.
>>
I use a MiBand 2 since it was cheaper. Based chink shit.
>>
>>62153235
no. shit is retarded
>>
>>62153235
I was given a Gear S2 as a birthday gift at the beginning of the year, and it's been a solid item. Simple and stealthy. Useful for maintaining efficiency of time at work and the gym, but I suppose you could do the same with any other watch with LEDs.

In the end, it's just a cool watch with some bonuses and neat things strapped in.
>>
>>62153235
Don't really see any reason to use anythig but a smartwatch, except when in need of a watch that doesn't require frequent charging.
>>
>>62154669
Gabriela Stofer.
>>
I wear an apple watch at work with my work phone and i find it very convenient for email and text notifications.
>>
Not gonna lie, former Apple Watch user here. This is fucking hilarious watching smartwatches crash and burn. But seriously, they will never become mainstream
>>
>>62153265
wow, you're telling me I have to take my watch off at night to charge it. Completely unusable.
>>
Smartwatches are mobile botnets, the clue is in the fucking name. Same goes for smartphones. Garbage, all of it.
>>
I just want a digital watch that looks cool and shows me the time. Is there such a thing?

No, I don't want those Casio memes. I want something that can display a custom face. Don't need to link it with a phone either, or any fitness shit. Just a digital watch with a display face that can show me the time.
>>
have the MiBand
lasts weeks, is waterproof, shows time, vibrates on calls and alarms and unlocks my phone. Thats already 90% of the usecases for a smartwatch and 20€ for that is unbeatable
>>
>>62153235
own a few mechanical watches, one suunto and a tracker that I mostly use it to keep record of my sleeping since I have problems with that.
I own also a phone, why would I use a rechargable thing that isn't a good watch or a good phone?
>>
File: 20170814_220744.jpg (3MB, 4656x2620px) Image search: [Google]
20170814_220744.jpg
3MB, 4656x2620px
Owner of a gear s3 here.
I'm a watch guy myself but I really just wanted a nice watch that I could customize and the gear s3 was slick, looked like a watch(circular not square) and has a bunch of support to get cheap bands. The actual utility of smart watches just reduces down to people saying saying "oh cool you got one of those smart watches!" Other than that i just use it to tell the time when I'm at work or class. The health apps just make you a little more conscious of how many steps you take a day but after a while you stop caring about it. The only rhing I find interesting is the part where they can track your sleep patterns if you go to sleep with the watch on. And the sos feature where if you are in some serious trouble you can press the button 3 times and the people set in your emergency contacts can track you for up to an hour. Other than those small features there's nothing to useful and significant about smart watches for the price they hold.
>>
>>62154558
>Is there an alternative way to do this?
You can have a real life pip boy.

http://shop.juggernautcase.com/mount-forearm-5in-series/

http://shop.juggernautcase.com/smartphone-cases/
>>
>>62153235
no, i dont want to have bluetooth on all the time
>>
File: IMG_20170829_212227.jpg (509KB, 1084x1912px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170829_212227.jpg
509KB, 1084x1912px
Yes. Used to have a Moto360 Sport but it was horrible.
>>
I own a Pebble 2. It's a great watch and doesn't look like straight up autism like normal smart watches. 7+day battery life and exactly what >>62155147 is looking for.
[spoiler]too bad they were bought out by fitbit[/spoiler]
>>
I've lost 5lb with a self-charging Garmin wristband. The slight beeping reminds you that you are being fat while being subtle enough to ignore. You can bathe with it on and sync it to your phone as infrequently as you remember.

Anything more than $79 is retarded and likely botnet. If it needs charging it's going to end up on your bookshelf next to some highbrow literature that you've been meaning to read for 6 months.
>>
>>62153235
>wrist fedora
>>
>>62153265
this

But now there's new smart watches that charge through your body heat. I don't know how effective they are, but they last indefinitely as long as you're wearing them and automatically go to sleep when you take them off. There's also smart watches with e-ink displays that last quite a while before a recharge.

Personally, I don't know much about thermodynamics, but if the first watch recharges with your body heat, it must be continually ice-cold to touch, and thus a major discomfort and a turn off. I don't know anything else about it though.
>>
File: IMG_2658.jpg (439KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2658.jpg
439KB, 1500x1000px
I have two Pebble Time Steels (gold and silver). 10 days useage without charging, gives me a quick glance at notifications, let's me see and reject calls, etc
>>
>>62158125
Why? I was thinking of getting that one, which should i get
>>
>>62158701
do you cry yourself to sleep at night when you realize pebble bailed on you and their entire fanbase the moment they were able to cash out on their IP? do you plan on buying fitbit's new watch (i.e. the successor to pebble) now that it's been announced?
>>
>>62153235
i have an apple watch which i use primarily as a heart rate monitor when exercising. i can't say i use it for much else. but it is handy to check the weather or set alarms or run a stop watch or get calendar and imessage notifications on my wrist. also the turn by turn that kicks in when i plot a destination on my phone is pretty handy as i can stay focused on the steering wheel
>>
>>62158789
>battery ran down really fast
>incredibly laggy and slow
>weird bugs

The actual thing that killed it was I wore it while washing dishes.
>>
>>62158877
That shit isn't waterproof? what a crock. I have a Pebble and that's waterproof
>>
>>62158889
>Water Resistant to 3-ft

kek
>>
>>62158924
I don't wash my dishes in the atlantic :^)
>>
>>62158943
I was saying that is Google's claim. Of course it ended up being bullshit.
>>
File: ergsergwer.jpg (110KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
ergsergwer.jpg
110KB, 720x1280px
>>62153265
Well, technically, I need to recharge my watch too.

And it doesnt have bluetooth.

So
>>
>>62153235
I have an S3 frontier. Water and dust resistant, perfect for "looking at my phone" when I don't want to be obvious.
Personally I like it. YMMV.
>>
>>62155147
"FES watch U" e ink watch that only display time. Only connect to phone temporarily to get new watch faces.
>>
>>62153235
I got a gen 1 360 from I/O a couple years back. it was neat until the battery started bulging and I got far the fuck away from it.

Still don't think ~$2-400 for a glorified wrist mounted notification center is really worth it.
>>
I'd try one for a bit if it were free. It doesn't seem worth it. I know a couple people who bought them and after a month or two they don't wear them anymore.

The thing is, there are very few times where the current time is not in line of sight and that is all I would use it for.
>>
>>62153235
it's a meme. just be a man and get an automatic watch and use your phone/laptop/pc to do rest of the shit you can't even barely do on """"smart""""watch.
>>
>>62154631

Fake tits are disproportionately large compared to her frame. Also she has terrible skin.
>>
>>62153265
A $400 apple watch is a need way to assert dominance over the poverty stricken losers of the West.
>>
File: e9d.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
e9d.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>62155146
>>
>>62153235
>are these things any useful
only Apple Watch. rest are junk.
>>
>>62158125
I have a moto 360 sport that was upgraded to Android wear 2.0 and works like a boss.
What's wrong with yours anon?
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.