[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post apps that just werks > Wikipedia apps open source (available

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: wikipedia.png (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
wikipedia.png
11KB, 300x300px
Post apps that just werks

> Wikipedia apps

open source (available on F-Droid), clean, no autistic options, fast and stable as fuck
>>
Hello there! You seem to have used the term "open source".
The term "open source" was created by a group of people that did not want to be associated with the free software movement. When I say "free" software (which is one of the alternatives preferable to "open source"). It's not about price; in that case I would say "gratis", or "free as in free beer". It's about "freedom"! This is what the free software movement is fighting for.
So what is "free" software? Free software is any software that guarantees the user the four essential software freedoms:
> 0. Run the program as you wish.
> 1. Study the source code and change it so it does what you wish.
> 2. Redistribute exact copies of the program.
> 3. Distribute your modified version of the program.
Some people decided that they wanted to restrict the user; but being able to study and modify the "open source" code is not enough! This is directly hurting the cause of the free software movement because it takes away the sociological "freedom" aspect of free software and turns it into a technological one.
So for those reasons I ask that in the future you use the terms "free", "free/libre" or, if necessary "FLOSS" (short for "free/libre and open source"), though the latter should still be avoided.
--- COPYRIGHT NOTICE ---
This text is part of the public domain. It may be freely modified, distributed and otherwise used as the reader wishes.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170829-191954.png (185KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170829-191954.png
185KB, 1080x1920px
Literally botnet.
>>
I'm really impressed with the amount of shit you can do Tasker.
Not FOSS though, and battery can take a hit
>>
>>62149925
I will bait :
Wikipedia tracks users and can't be considered free as in freedom, that's why i use the term "open source".
See >>62150108 for more information
>>
>>62149925
So?
>>
>>62149861
Why not just visit it on your browser?
Less app is better.
>>
>>62150153
>what is reading comprehension
The post talked about the phrase "open source", which should be avoided.
Software freedom has nothing to do with tracking user activity; you can track them all you want, as long as your software guarantees all four software freedoms as defined in >>62149925 your software is free software.
TL;DR you should not say "open source", but instead refer to free / proprietary software as applicable. You should NOT use the Wikipedia app; not because it's nonfree (it isn't), but because it doesn't respect the user's privacy which is a seperate issue.
>>
>>62150108
>Literally botnet.
t. guy who doesn't know what a literal botnet is
>>
>>62150232
>t. person who doesn't realize that "literally" has become an emphasizer in English as it is commonly used today
>>
File: org.nv95.openmanga.1111.png (1KB, 48x48px) Image search: [Google]
org.nv95.openmanga.1111.png
1KB, 48x48px
>>62149861
OpenManga

(plz no bully)
>>
>>62150201
Ok, i understand now but i still think that a privacy problem is also a threat for freedom, i don't really care of what Stallman think, i will keep using the term "open source" because i'm free.
>>
>>62150443
Privacy invasion IS a threat to freedom; however, there are several different types of freedom. Personal freedom is affected by it, software freedom isn't.
You are, of course, free to use that term. I'm just asking you to consider changing your vocabulary, for the above reasons.
>>
>>62150153
Seriously... Why are they doing this? I liked Wikipedia...
>>
Ok ill post mine
>AnySoftKeyboard
Great keyboard, both terminals and normal typing
>DAVDroid
I use it to sync my contacts to icloud, yes its apple but its better than google and atleast apple pretends to care about user privacy, also its free
>Document View
pdf viewer
>Lightning
browser
>Notifications for facebook
because the only way normies know how to communicate now. beats installing the actual facebook botnet
>oandbackup
Replacement for titanium backup, doesn't have the retarded restrictions and its great if you hop roms or just want to backup your apps in case of a disaster
>Simple Lastfm scrobbler
gotta keep dem last fm stats going
>Skytube
youtube without the botnet aapp
>Timber or Vanilla Music
foss music players, timber is promising but still in early development, use vanilla music for now
>Yalp store
non botnet playstore, i prefer this over aptoide, you don't what kind of aids you're downloading with aptoide apps
>>
>>62150429
Thank you anon, the app is really good with all the most needed features. Best app for neets.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.