[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - stupid questions thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 361
Thread images: 49

File: 1498921370576.jpg (174KB, 801x601px) Image search: [Google]
1498921370576.jpg
174KB, 801x601px
/sqt/ - stupid questions thread
>>
>>62142648
What the fuck happened?
>>
>>62142648

Okay I'll start.

What the FUCK is that?
>>
will the ryzen 7 1700 work on my windows 7 install? someone told me it completely breaks windows and another said it just disables updates. i see the same shit online too.
>>
How do I get solidity syntax in atom?
>>
File: chrome.png (31KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
chrome.png
31KB, 300x300px
On Chrome/Chromium, when I click to expand a large image on 4chan, then click the image again to collapse it, my view of the page jumps up or down. Is this normal behavior?
>>
How do i increase my cpu voltage with software?
my bios doesn't seem to support it

>>62142709
are you using 4chan X or Appchan X or neither?
>>
Apparently I asked my question at the tail end of the previous thread. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. >>62142386

>>62142672
>>62142674
Serious answer? Looks like someone sprayed that insulation stuff and then used red spray paint.
>>
>>62142723
neither
>>
>>62142726
then i'd recommend using one of those.
i use appchan x.
>>
>>62142672
>>62142674
leddit says it's probably an art project, since nothing in a computer can explode like that.
>>
Ok, please give me a hint here. I have a new pc r7 1700, 16 gb RAM, rx570 but recently when I start a video it freezes for a good 3-4 seconds before it starts. It even does it on youtube, though not for as long. What could be the cause for this? Video drivers? Codecs?
>>
What's the new updates in windows 7 i have to block to stop the spying?
>>
File: Capture.png (2KB, 621x64px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
2KB, 621x64px
What is this thing in intel extreme tuning utility and what does it do?
when set to maximum, it adds 1,000 (yes, that's one thousand) volts to.. something.
what is that something
>>
>>62142861
http://www.getblackbird.net/blacklist/updates/
>>
>>62142916
is black bird safe? the site seems kinda dodgy
>>
>>62142725
Nevermind on this. Appears to have been caused by nouveau, though I'm not sure how.
>>
>>62142944
I dunno, I never used the software. But the list seems legit.
>>
I wanna a silent mouse and keyboard, what should i look for?
>>
>>62142672
Magic smoke got let out
>>
>Win10 says there's a problem with COM1. Asks to reboot
>Shutdown PC
>Fans and lights still on after shutdown, flipped switch on PSU
>Reboot
>Still detecting errors
>Shutdown again
>Fans and lights still on, flipped switch on the PSU
>Go to start it up again
>Nothing. No spinning fans, no lights, nothing. It's as of the PC isn't even plugged in

I think my PSU just died, but I'm not 100%. Is there anything else I should be checking?
>>
My phone's call speaker is giving me problems, I noticed It works when I press on the glass around it, does this mean the connector somehow separated, can this be due to heat? The phone has a SD808 so I thought that might be it.
>>
Why are b43 drivers such hell to get to work on Linux when its used on p popular laptops?
>>
>>62142902
That can't possibly be adding 1,000 volts. Like that is completely inconceivable.

The average cpu has 1.2v and unless you know exactly what you're doing and you're an overclocking enthusiast you shouldn't be doing more than 1.4-1.5v. If your cpu was pushing ONE THOUSAND VOLTS it would melt your god damn processor.

I don't use the XTU but I assume it allows you to increase your cpu voltage by a maximum of 1.000 (not 1,000). I also recommend if you're trying to overclock your cpu not to use software but to do it from bios itself.
>>
>>62142902
Never use software overclocking unless its a GPU.
>>
File: IMG_20170828_224137302.jpg (310KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170828_224137302.jpg
310KB, 500x375px
what do yall think of my monitor setup?
is it going to catch fire and burn my house down?
its got controller board on the back covered in bubble wrap. its held up by shoelaces taped to the back of the panel
>>
File: i9.jpg (573KB, 3952x2832px) Image search: [Google]
i9.jpg
573KB, 3952x2832px
>>62143364
Ryzen is not heavy or large unless you mean the threadripper specifically which is massive. However that's better to compare with Intel's own i9 processors which are pretty big too.

Pic related, the i9 is shown in the image on left with an i7 to the right.

I'd recommend sticking to i7 (intel) or an r5/r7 (AMD) if size bothers you. You also most likely do not need what threadripper/i9s are specifically used for.
>>
File: 1501679633377.jpg (31KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1501679633377.jpg
31KB, 853x480px
microsoft teams via irc??
is it possible without a bouncer
>>
my pc is stuck on a reboot loop that lasts for a good 20-30 seconds, it doesn't even get to the bios and theres no visual input on my monitor

i've already tried removing ram/gpu so i think it might be an issue with my cpu or my mobo ... any thoughts ;_;
>>
What would cause individual programs for using more CPU than usual?

In daily gaming usage I tend to use 50% of my CPU and recently this has spiked up to 100% usage all the time. Like even launching any game or other intensive programs for a few seconds would cause the CPU usage to spike to 100%. Task manager would read out that the program itself is using 60-70% of my CPU which is more than my entire computer used to use a few days ago.

Do you know what would cause this? Like it works but at 100% usage my temps jump to 70 degrees from the usual 45-50. Not unplayable but it bothers me.

I've scanned for weird programs hogging the processor and did two separate virus scans and came up with nothing.
>>
>>62142648
Where would I look to find information about security/how to perform regular backups, I don't back anything up and it's slowly getting to me
>>
I'm interested in getting a 4k monitor. Is 32" cool or should I wait for decent 40" 4ks?
>>
>>62143356
i know it's not even worth considering trying to use this thing at a thousand volts, i was just wondering what it was and why anyone would use it since even the smallest increment was 4 volts, which would easily kill any cpu.
>>
>>62143373
not the guy you replied to, but why?
>>
>>62143440
Try clearing cmos?

>>62143195
I've never heard of people complaining about noisy mice so I can't help you there.

Keyboards with topre domes are super quiet (but super light, I personally hate them). Any keyboard with Cherry MX red/black silent are quiet too.

If you're a bit savvy you can rip off all the keys on any mechanical keyboards and install o-rings.

Go on mechanicalkeyboards.com and type silent red into the search and you'll find a good selection.

>>62143549
>backups
You can backup via the cloud but any decent solution cost money. Alternatively use something like Cobain and back up to an external/internal hard-drive or to an ftp.

I just have a hard-drive where I have cobain do weekly backups of certain folders.

>>62143621
You don't want a program to really be messing with your bios, more specifically your cpu. Most of these utilities are also pretty ambiguous about what they do and can lead to ridiculous cpu situations such as increasing your processor from 3.1ghz to 3.3 ghz but increasing it's voltage from 1.15 to 1.4
>>
>>62142698
Use windows 10
>>
Brand new NVIDIA adopter here. Fresh PC build, just got windows up and running, installed latest nvidia drivers. EVGA 1080ti sc2.

Is it normal for the fans to not come on at all? I read a couple quick things saying they DONT even come on until the card gets hot, is that correct? Ive used AMD for close to a decade now and those fans are on at all times......
>>
File: 1406232981924.png (146KB, 554x450px) Image search: [Google]
1406232981924.png
146KB, 554x450px
How do I hack stuff

I know C, I understand basics of buffer overflow and Im learning about computer networks. Read one Pentesting book for beginners.

How do I cross the line and learn practical stuff without getting raped in jail?
>>
>>62143731
To add to this, I saw people saying install something called XOC, do I need that for the fans to start working?
>>
>>62143731
That is normal. There's no reason for the fans to come on if it's not hot. You can of course use programs like XOC to set your fans at a certain % or to set a fan curve but if you're not overclocking the default should be 102% fine.

All you would really do is be increasing your electricity bill. If you're really that paranoid you can just add a fan curve that's a bit more extreme above 50c.
>>
>>62143731
If you're just browsing the web and your gpu is sitting below 50C why would you want them to turn on? That's a waste of electricity.
>>
>>62143798
Ah, thanks man. Like I said, ive used AMD cards forever, and their fans are always on, and considering all the "housefire" memes from back in the day about nvidia cards, well, you can understand my fear, especially since this is a brand new build.

>>62143803
well, my current AMD card in my old PC runs at about 60 when the fans arent cranked up, with them cranked I sit at around 30-32. Michigan weathers a bitch, also I figure its my old case too probably, bad airflow.
>>
I gotta buy a 4TB drive, should I do it soon or wait a couple of months?

Is Seagate safe now?
>>
>>62143732
Get something and hack it
>>
File: 1487703752613.png (112KB, 386x396px) Image search: [Google]
1487703752613.png
112KB, 386x396px
I KEEP FUCKING HEARING A SQUEAKING NOISE COMING FROM MY TOWER
I HAVE MY HEAD INSIDE THE FUCKING THING WITH THE SCREEN OFF AND STILL CAN'T TELL WHERE THE FUCK ITS COMING FROM
It's not from any fans that's for sure though
>>
>>62143851
My next guess would be the hard drive then
>>
>>62142672
AMD.
>>
>>62143820
Yeah mate you're fine. If the Michigan weather is that shit and making pc run hot the fan would probably be on 24/7

Just download something that can monitor your temps and see what temp it reaches under load. If it's higher than you feel comfortable with then set a more aggressive fan curve.

>>62143851
Hard-drive
Shitty case vibrating
PSU fan
Water-cooling sounds
Double check your fans 1 by 1 by unplugging them (when it's off) sans the cpu fan.

is my first guesses
>>
where the fuck is thing in MPlayer OSX that shows you visually on the time scale from 0 to video end what place in the video you're at? With other players like vlc it has the icon that moves throughout the video, but I can't see if mPlayer has it
>>
>>62142648
Got Windows 10 and the default image viewer is super fucking bad. What are some recommended image viewers?
>>
>>62143950
Assusming "MPlayer OSX" is the same as mplayer on linux it show up center screen when you skip or you can press 'o' to cycle through some other osd options. You can try the mplayer frontend too if you want even more gui.
>>
Do you think we will ever build a dyson sphere around the sun? Like within the next 50 years or so maybe?
>>
>>62144074
It would take hundreds of years to even prepare such a project
>>
>>62144074
>Do you think we will ever build a dyson sphere around the sun?
It will probably never be necessary. Maybe large flocks of things orbiting the sun using thrusters to stay in place but building a sphere or ring around the sound is only good for dick measuring contests.
>Like within the next 50 years
HAHAHAHHA. we won't even space elevator in that time. If we try really hard we might get a hundred person permanent colony on the moon in that time.
>>
>>62144111
>It will probably never be necessary.
I just think it's a horrible shame that the sun is releasing all this energy but we're just letting almost all of it radiate uselessly out into the universe without capturing and storing it. Even if we don't need it right away surely it will come in handy later, for example when the sun burns out down the line we would be glad if we stored it when we had the chance.
>>
File: 1500938632773.png (251KB, 554x388px) Image search: [Google]
1500938632773.png
251KB, 554x388px
>>62143860
>>62143886
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I think you guys may be right about the hard-drive.
I doubt it's the case, I don't think it's shitty. Maybe psu fan but I highly doubt it. Don't have any water-cooling because my rig isn't powerful enough to call for that. I stopped each individual fan to see if that was it (case, cpu, and gpu fans) and nope.

If it is the HDD what can I do that it? I bought this HDD less than a year ago, it can't be that bad now, it never has any problems loading data either.
>>
 bs=1M 
or
 bs=4M
>>
>>62144122
In hundreds of billions of years when technoasianapeacians are worried about the sun dying/exploding, I'm sure they will drag a new one in to replace it or something.
>>
Can a hackintosh work on an acer aspire 5750g laptop?
>>
How do I host adblocking DNS on Freenas without a VM
>>
>>62144184
Wouldn't it be easier to just drag the planet to orbit a new star?
>>
File: chaika SURPRISED.gif (1006KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
chaika SURPRISED.gif
1006KB, 500x700px
>eject USB
>eject postpones to finish writing
>eject complete
>still blinking
>>
Is there any particular reason a robot can't cook a meal as delicious as one made by a five star chef?
>>
how do I eject my eternal hard drive from osx, it always says I have a program using it and then when I close everything it still does
>>
>>62144241
In theory, no. In practice, robotics are hard.
>>
I only use my rig for photoshopping shit, I don't need big computing power

>[email protected]
>gtx960
>Hyper-X 2x4g

Ram is the biggest bottleneck here. I think the shit is out of stock now, do I really need to dish out 100 bucks for 16gb? Is there a way to know if two very similar DDR(3) sets from the same company won't bluescreen me all the time?
>>
File: spastic-deku.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
spastic-deku.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>62144190
bump
>>
>dd my usb with gnome
>happens instantly
>sync
>it's been 15 minutes
worry
>>
>>62142648
I'm having some issues with damaged laptop, it's taken water, probably shock damage, I've got frayed cables, exposed wires, the screen is separated from the body of the machine

But when I power it on (with or without battery), often it turns on for half a second then immediately turns off.
not sure if it's hardware or software related, and the condition of the device is so poor I don't know how to diagnose.

also, what the fuck is the strip of tinfoil behind the screen for? does it matter if it's severed?
>>
>>62144351
I'll answer this the best I can.

> it turns on for half a second then immediately turns off
Sounds like the motherboard is fucked, but the power supply is still supplying power to it to try and turn on. So the board surges and then the thing switches back off, that's what's happening.

>what the fuck is the strip of tinfoil behind the screen for
Insulator

>does it matter if it's severed?
Yes. It wouldn't be there if it wasn't important.
>>
File: Nichijou_Haruna_320_7907.png (99KB, 320x262px) Image search: [Google]
Nichijou_Haruna_320_7907.png
99KB, 320x262px
Help! for some reason I'm not getting any signal back from my monitor when I plug it into my PC. I've tried an HDMI cord with my onboard graphics from my mobo and also an hdmi and displayport with my gtx 1080. Does anyone know what could possibly yield something like this?
>>
>>62144436
Does the monitor have power? Is it turning on without being plugged into a computer?
>>
>>62143844
Thanks senpai
>>
>>62144446
Yes I have everything plugged in. It's displaying the screen for HDMI/dp modes respectively but it hits me with a "no signal" no matter what I try......
>>
>>62144408
>the motherboard
so a screwdriver won't fix this one huh?

I re-attatched the screen with fishing wire, re-connected the shorted out wires, fuck I even changed the screen resolution so the display isn't projected onto the damaged area of the screen.

but about this insulator, the two pieces of metal that border the screen are broken and so is the tinfoil strip
what could this actually do?
>>
GT 1030 2GB is the best I could get for $70?
>>
>>62142672
That's "The Beast" from the popular RTS space game Homeworld: Cataclysm.
>>
File: 1500918140930.png (1MB, 1190x1419px) Image search: [Google]
1500918140930.png
1MB, 1190x1419px
Going to make a bubble sort in C++. Before I try is it possible, easy or not, to make one without using the swap keyword?
>>
I need to quickly test some leftover RAM before reselling but i already sold the CPU, is there a way to pop it in and test the ram for function without a CPU
>>
>>62144530
It's absolutely not worth getting. A 1050 is the lowest card you should be looking at if you want to play video games, and that's $100.
Or get something used.
>>
>have pc for little over a year
>randomly during Shadow of Mordor playthrough, and this game only (reasoning for the specific game) my pc will lose connection to my monitor and the fans will speed up to 100% rpm and I need to manually shut down
>recently the problem got worse and has spread to every single thing I do on my pc, I havent tried idling but there were a few times where it randomly happened just as I rebooted as well
>sometimes, if I manually turn it off and back on, the display will have a strange array of white lines on a black screen as if something with the gpu is fucked, however a manual reboot always remedies it. Not sure at the moment what causes this specific issue, though i felt it might be of use
>look over the internet, sadly this issue is a dime a dozen and hundreds of people said they saw success with just reinstalling drivers for a video card all the way to unplugging their shit and plugging it back in.
Im very confused at the moment and felt I would just come to you lads. I am sure it isnt a heat issue as my temps never get above 50c on my gpu and my cpu never gets above 30. I think it might be a PSU issue but am not sure what to do to check for it in that case. Already updated all my drivers to see if there was an issue there, it didnt fix the problem.
>>
>>62144502
Have you ever used that computer before and seen it display something?
>>
>>62144653
Put in in the microwave on high for 30s. If it is too hot to touch it is bad, if it is still cool it's alright.
>>
>>62144692
Nope, currently in the process of putting it together for the first time ;_;
>>
Is there a site that sells single replacement keycaps for mech keyboards?
I lost a couple of keys while cleaning them and I can't find them anywhere.
>>
>>62144648
I don't know C++ but if you're sorting in an array you could take the variable that needs to be swapped and assign the value to a temporary variable.

example in probably not a real language:

temp = bubbleArray[n];
bubbleArray[n] = bubbleArray[n+1];
bubbleArray[n+1] = temp;
>>
File: 1420167382389.png (16KB, 407x399px) Image search: [Google]
1420167382389.png
16KB, 407x399px
>one day pc wont boot
>no boot drive found
>repairing through the windows install disk doesn't work, dont want to reinstall because i'd lose my stuff
>buy new ssd
>reinstall
>2 days later, wont boot 'boot mgt' missing or some shit
>reinstall
>since then i've had 2 bluescreen crash dumps

what the fuck is going on?
is my pc majorly fucked or could it just be my ssd power/ sata cables?
>>
What's the ideal number of virtual CPUs in Virtual Box for Windows 10 machine? I have Ryzen 5 1600.
>>
>>62144781
Depends on how you are going to use it. If it is just for essential stuff just give it like two. If you are going to be using it much like a normal PC give it half, not like you are going to be using them anyway.
>>
>>62144703
rip desu, probably did something wrong :c
when I built mine I used an hdmi into graphics card and it worked fine
>>
>>62144773
Sorry, what I meant was if you could go through a whole bubble sort to where it's fully sorted. I believe in C++ you can use the keyword "swapped" as a boolean. If it swaps, then keep going. Eventually once it's all sorted it won't swap so it will return false.

Was wondering if there's a way to do this without resorting to such. I assume there is given somethings, but I wouldn't know.
>>
>>62144821
You pretty much nailed the first way I thought of. You can have a boolean that gets flagged 1 if it finds an element that needs to be swapped. At the end of the sort if the flag is 1, flip it back to 0 and go through the list again. If the flag is 0 sorting is finished.
>>
>>62143961
Irfanview
>>
>>62144133
Buy an SSD
>>
>>62144672
sadly I can't afford a 1050Ti, that's what I wished I could get, and I don't trust used gpus. I'll be mostly playing cs:go, overwatch, paladins, online games that are not too heavy. well, I guess I'll have to wait till black friday then. thx for replying, anon
>>
>>62144869
Oh of course. My own dumbass couldn't simply think of that.

Thanks, anon!
>>
how cheap can you go with regard to mobo, ram, cpu and gpu?

my dad needs a new home pc, literally the only reqs are a ~250gb ssd and 1tb hdd
>>
>>62144703
Does the computer post? Can you not even see the the BIOS screen? Also try another monitor
>>
>>62144925
Depends on what he is using it for. If it's just a facebook machine then you get really cheap with it, especially with the graphics cards.
>>
>>62144689
And just as a bit for reference, the PSU is a corsair 650w
>>
>>62144941
Tried another monitor and I can't get any signal whatsoever. I'm starting to think it's a mobo/cpu issue uggh
>>
>>62144979
Is your GPU seated properly in the pie slot? Also might be worth clearing cmos before you go take it all apart. Sounds like a mobo issue though.
>>
>>62145005
>pie slot
:V
>>
how can enlarge an embeded image to cover an entire banner without effecting the banner's width?
>>
>>62144689
did you, ya know

actually unplug the pins and replug them
>>
Should i install my roof fans to blow air inside or suck air outside?
>>
>>62145155
Suck air outside makes more sense to me as hot air rises.
>>
>>62145167

thanks for the answer.

also should i install the other fan on my hyper evo 212 like this: <|||<

or like this >|||<
>>
File: 20170829_053221.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170829_053221.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
How do I mate a drive to an enclosure? Do I just slide it in and then put in some of the tiny screws?
>>
>>62145192

< = direction of airflow
>>
what happened to the ublock add-on in firefox?
>>
>>62145208
Nothing, why? https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/
>>
>>62145215
mine started to disable itself on it's own
>>
My deluge has been behaving strangely recently.
I have like 1000+ torrents running, and set things up in automation, adding torrent and sorting label from sad panda on its own.
Recently, for some reason it sets about 100+ active torrent to paused state, and will not auto-add new torrent unless I restart it, even the auto-added torrent will run in paused state. Funnily enough, they still download in paused mode.
I looked up google but every talks about deluge is always.... advanced, and dated back from years ago too
>>
File: 3dYFXsC.jpg (42KB, 356x414px) Image search: [Google]
3dYFXsC.jpg
42KB, 356x414px
How do I stop JDownloader2 from downloading everything to it's own separate folder?

I want to download .mp3's off a page, and when I run it, it downloads every single .mp3 in a different folder. How do I make it so it just downloads everything from that page to a single folder, so I can better manage downloading pages? As it stands now, every time I finish downloading the .mp3's off a specific page I have to move all the .mp3's out of my Downloads folder before I download another page of .mp3s or else everything else gets jumbled up.
>>
4chanx seems broken on violent monkey
is this true?
>>
>>62144778
seems like power or cables to me, more likely that its the cables.
>>62144689
also i should ask, does anyone else ITT have a similiar problem?
>>
Currently on my 3rd semester of learning how to code in Java and finally going to buy a laptop.
Is it easier to use a Macbook or is it about the same as any other laptop? I see a lot of my instructors use macbooks so I'm leaning towards that
>>
>>62145500
For Java it doesn't change a thing. If you plan on writing C linux is king. If you plan on doing obj-c/swift get a mac. If you want to try C# get a windows laptop.
>>
>>62145304
There is a setting for it. My one is frozen up at the moment but go to the settings page and filter by folder or directory, I'm sure you'll find it.
>>
File: j.png (63KB, 322x722px) Image search: [Google]
j.png
63KB, 322x722px
Is there a normal amount of presentation glitches for MPC-HC? I configured it per the installgentoo wiki, but that doesn't look to have been updated for a year. I'm on intel hd4000 if that matters
>>
is there any public tracker alive enough to get me a Windows 7 iso?

pls help
>>
Is it okay to use an archive HDD for seeding torrents 24/7?
>>
File: Screenshot_5.png (31KB, 646x447px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_5.png
31KB, 646x447px
What would happen if I stopped windows 32bit from eating all my CPU power?
>>
>>62145759
Try it. The worst thing that could happen is your computer crashing but I doubt it will happen, it looks like a virus.
>>
>>62145795
Surprisingly worked, now the fan isn't going crazy anymore. Thanks anon!
>>
>>62145759
that looks like malware anon
>>
what's the best way to learn or improve touch type?
>>
>>62145817
>now my fan isn't going crazy
>51% cpu usage
>just called windows (32 bits)

Might actually be a legit virus. If it was there I would check the properties on it
>>
>>62145845
Buy an (ideally split) ortholinear keyboard with blank keycaps.
>>
File: retardstatus.png (97KB, 1488x829px) Image search: [Google]
retardstatus.png
97KB, 1488x829px
>>62145589

Is it this setting?
>>
Between ASUS or MSI

Who makes better quality laptops?
>>
>>62146088

Neither.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-29-07-25-51.png (775KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-29-07-25-51.png
775KB, 1440x2560px
What the fuck is wrong with Firefox now? On Android FF, I started getting pop up ads and shit trying to auto-play. Randomly this m morning, Firefox started asking me for permission for my mic, speakers, and contacts. The only add-ons I have are ublock origin and HTTPSeverywhere.

If this is just the way FF is now, I'll switch to Chrome. Only reason I put up with this BS browser is the add-ons.
>>
>>62146156
>not using brave
>>
>>62142794
Bumping this. No one?
>>
can someone decipher this?
Lenovo ThinkCentre V520(10NM00, V520 SFF,
B250 CHIPSET,

is that the cpu and mobo?
>>
>>62146156
FF on Android user here, I don't have a single problem. I'm tempted to say either your carrier is fucking with your traffic or your phone is infected with malware.
>>
>>62146162
Not helping
>>62146203
It would have to be my carrier then. How is that possible? Malware is highly unlikely as i haven't installed any new apps in some time now and don't visit shady sites or porn other than 4chan via clover app on this device. How do I check?
>>
>>62146231
Ok well I uninstalled and reinstalled FF and Ublock. That seemed to have fixed it. However FF overall seems like a slug compared to Chrome for page loading times and even scrolling on a page seems choppier.

Phone is an LG V20. Snapdragon 821 and 4GB ram. Any reason why it does that?
>>
I'm considering installing KDE Neon but there's one thing that stops me from installation. Because Neon's based on Kubuntu, does it have that privacy issue on Ubuntu (amazon search)? I know this privacy issue got pretty old now but I still can't trust Ubuntu.
>>
Are 'discrete graphics card' and 'fanless ultrabook' mutually exclusive?
>>
>>62146407
>Because Neon's based on Kubuntu, does it have that privacy issue on Ubuntu (amazon search)?
I'm not saying that you should unconditionally trust Ubuntu, but THAT particular issue was only ever with the Unity desktop AND it hasn't been a thing for a few years now.
>>
>>62142698
i did it for a while but recently windows went full retard and now you get spammed with a "hardware not supported" window that tabs you out of literally everything
>>
File: 14845456266931.gif (30KB, 351x342px) Image search: [Google]
14845456266931.gif
30KB, 351x342px
Is there a reason to use Cookie AutoDelete if I disabled third-party cookies and enabled only first-party access to them? It should prevent tracking, right?
>>
How can I automatically open up all links from Chrome in a new window. I would really appreciate.
>>
>>62146546
pressing the middle mouse button opens links in a new tab
>>
how secure is samsung's own encryption? can law enforcement in third world crack it?
>>
>>62142648
>>62142758
>art
fuck liberals
>>
Can I stream a 4k video to my tv via router?
>>
>>62146688
Sure, if your hardware is powerful enough.
>>
Is sandisk a meme is there any cheaper alternatives
>>
>>62146194
Mobo
>>
>>62146156
Mine was doing the same until I updated Firefox. Update?
>>
what does it mean when my dns is set to 18216811?
>>
>>62147212
>>
>>62147225
Your router is your DNS server. Not a bad idea.
>>
What's the easiest way/where can I pirate PhotoShop these days?
Last I did it you had to replace a .dll file or something but that was years ago.
>>
>>62142648
What's the lightest system to install on my old Eee pc?
>>
>>62147234
ah i see, is there a way to keep my router as the default dns but have the dns for when it doesnt know the address point elsewhere?

>>62147352
puppy linux
>>
>>62147397
What about a very tiny Arch installation?
>>
does mega share your mail and other private data to copyright claimants?
>>
>>62147397
Your DNS should know every address. But most operating system allow you to add a second DNS if the first one doesn't respond.

>>62147422
Could work too. Or a debian netinstall, should be pretty light and require less maintenance.
>>
Windows 7 doesn't have support anymore, does it? I dunno why but I can't get my copy to let me work without a ton of crashes. All updates to date are installed, drivers up to date, tested with chkdsk and memtest86, no problem detected, but it still crashes.

I actually just did a fresh install and tried to update windows, it failed, crashed, then when it turned back on it sat for 20 minutes reverting the changes. What do I upgrade to?
>>
>>62147422
well that could work to, it depends how much work you want to put it.

>>62147437
when the router is the dns doesnt it start with nothing and build its directory overtime?
>>
>>62147496
Yes.
>>
>>62147460
>Windows 7 doesn't have support anymore, does it?
It's officially supported until 2020 as long as you have Skylake or older CPU.
>>
>>62147529
Why would a system crash after passing all the normal tests, then?
>>
How the fuck do I buy good ram? I've bought 2 sets now and both fucked up my computer. I've made sure to buy the correct frequency, bios is set right, but I'm still not doing it right. Are there had bad brands?
>>
>>62147664
unlucky. get registered ecc ram with a low c score
>>
File: file.png (42KB, 676x431px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
42KB, 676x431px
So I made a SOCKS5 proxy using AWS, and it mostly works with qBittorrent. It just wont let any udp trackers connect. http trackers connect fine. I've forwarded both TCP and UDP ports on the device. Any suggestions on how to fix this? The torrents download fine. curl works fine too.

Using Srelay and Ubuntu 16.
>>
>>62147553
There's a million reasons why it could be. It's likely a hardware issue more than a software issue.

Also just because something doesn't have support doesn't mean it'll magically break. It just means it doesn't get updates anymore and will usually not be supported by newer hardware/software.
>>
appchan x has stopped working on my firefox 55, what's happening?
>>
File: 1500914449298.png (390KB, 576x669px) Image search: [Google]
1500914449298.png
390KB, 576x669px
You guys ever buy a console through Amazon warehouse deals in "very good" condition? You guys think it's worth it to save $40?
>>
>>62147693
I searched for those terms and it brought me to ram that I had browsed earlier, you can't really be telling me that I'm going to spend 150 dollars on something that might just be shit and break everything
>>
Trying to install Mint of a USB live disk. SSD already had an OS on it before but it broke so I just want to format and overwrite it.
>Bootloader install failed (as superuser)
>Sorry, an error occurred and it was not possible to install the bootloader at the specified location.
>How would you like to proceed?
What do I do now? I want the bootloader on the hard drive I told it to install on.
If I click cancel it tells me "this may leave you computer unable to boot"
>>
>>62147429
It's a business of course it does
>>
>>62147834
:3

*kisses your forehead*
>>
>>62147842
ram doesnt just break. its either defective from the start or gets killed by over volting (as does any electronic). ecc registered ram is just the best you can get, but the need for it is questionable at best. just rma the bad ram

>>62147853
how are you making it? in gnu disk you can click restore image from iso. if you used unetbootin thats probably the reason why its not working.
>>
>>62147792
Damn. Well what would you think about two crashes that occurred playing the same game, one code 24 and one code 1e? My instinct tells me ram issue, but memtest86 tells me I'm good.
>>
>>62147900
I used unetbootin. Is it safe to click cancel, then try again with gnu disk?
>>
Every time I poop I wipe until my asshole is raw and the paper comes clean but an hour or so later my asshole will be covered in a light cream of poo

How do I fix this
>>
Is there any point to trying out a new bootloader on my next install? I've solely used grub for all my previous installs, but people keep memeing about other bootloaders. This being for bios, not uefi.
>>
>>62148123
Eat more veg.
>>
>>62148183
I subsist almost entirely on protein shakes and sandwiches so I'll give this a shot
>>
>>62146515
Better safe than sorry, anon. make sure you browse over tor in a VN on a live usb connected to a bomb also, just to make sure (((they))) don't know what buttplugs you're buying on amazon.
>>
>>62148123
I had this and it stopped when I replaced tap water with pepsi fire
>>
>>62148206
>protein shakes
found your problem. Don't fall for that meme.
>>
I want to make fast LAN (actually a fast connection between home server and main PC is enough) and I'm not sure which NICs I should get. I plan to use FreeBSD for the server and the PC is Windows 7.

I'm looking at some Mellanox with SFP+ and some Infiniband cards, anyone got any experience? Are those used "genuine Cisco" cables from China actually fine?

Also, do you think it's a good idea to make the home server serve as a switch as well? My current switch is pretty shit and it would save me some cable management.
>>
>>62148101
yes. unetbootin should be avoided, i cant think of a distro it doesnt screw up.

>>62148165
grubs good. it still has some issues with windows though.

>>62148243
protein itself is actually pretty good, like whey protein and water mixed together is great for you after work out
>>
>>62148281
No they're not, if you eat like a normal person you get plenty of protein. Cut out soda and snacks and only eat "whole" foods. There's literally no reason to supplement protein unless you eat only rice.
>Inb4 I need 175g to get swole
>>
how do i download comics from comicextra.com in pdf format
>>
Does anyone know if Broadcom still updates older chips' drivers for gnu/linux? I have a bcm43142 chip and I'm forced to use the generic broadcom-wl driver because the b43 driver simply isn't supported. It fucking sucks because my wifi keeps auto-disconnecting and I'm getting weaker signals than when I was on windows a couple of years ago (further no regrets though I love i3 on arch)
>>
>>62142648
>team red
>>
>>62142672
Anon mixed ammonia and bleach together in his case.
>>
>>62148281
Tried to click cancel but that's not doing anything. Can I just power down or will that fuck me up even more?
>>
>>62148340
its to help with muscle growth and repair after workout. nice assumptions of my diet though.
>>
>>62148281
yeah, you're one of those "no such thing as too much protein" idiots who can't use a fucking search engine.
>>
>>62143961
i just use seer, it's not an actual image viewer but you open images by pressing spacebar like in macOS
>mactoddler
the quicklook feature in macos is actually pretty neat.
>>
>>62148432
as long as you have a separate system you can use to make a bootable usb your fine. did you actually install anything yet? if not power down.

>>62148440
no
>>
>Leave downloads to download overnight
>go to sleep
>wake up and my conputer is in boot manager saying something about restarting
>try to reset
>none of my two main drives want to boot (one is SSD, the other is HDD) the only ones that even attempt to boot are the drives with old, broken windows' on them
>windows boot manager says the drives are "Unknown drives"
>can't even reset windows and reinstall

what's going on here? have both of my hard drives somehoe fried from me not checking the downloads? did windows delete itself?
>>
>>62148481
make a bootable gparted and check
>>
>>62148433
I don't need to assume anything about your diet. If you're supping protein it's because you're not eating right to begin with.
>>
Maybe I'm just retarded, but is it possible to create an encrypted directory (e.g. /home/user1/Porn) inside an already encrypted home directory (e.g. /home/user1 ) ? Home directory was encrypted with ecryptfs-migrate-home, on Arch if it makes any difference to available options.
>>
>>62148481
what did you download anon?
>>
>>62148514
videos
>>
>there was a problem restoring this PC. no changes were made
then when i just sit there, it goes to automatic repair and does nothing but tell me to restart the computer on repeat.
>>
What could be causing my galaxy s7 to run so goddamn slow? It takes 30 seconds to send a text message and everything from opening the camera to running apps is extremely slow, whether I'm on Wi-Fi or 4G
>>
One of these drives says after startup "reboot and select proper boot device. insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"
so windows must not register to this thing. i must have really fucked up this time.
>>
idk why but everytime i read /sqt/ i must think about squirting
>>
>>62148768
You're not alone.
>>
Not rly a dumb question, rather just a noob, what's the highest GPU I can upgrade to at this point in time with a 550w PSU and an i5 3570k?

I was thinking gtx 970 from what I've read on the interwebs, anyone got a better suggestion?
>>
File: IMG_20170816_224012.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170816_224012.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
Did I do good?
>>
>>62148864
Should be able to handle pretty much any single GPU
Now is a horrible time to buy a GPU though
>>
>>62149005
>Now is a horrible time to buy a GPU though
not him but why
>>
File: 1497667105881.png (368KB, 500x504px) Image search: [Google]
1497667105881.png
368KB, 500x504px
>>62144894
I'm a NEET anon, I can't AFFORD an SSD!!!
>>
>>62149040
>>
What are some good tutorials for using SDL?
>>
>>62148992
Not long enough. Won't cover the whole of the CPU. Add a little more to each end.
>>
>>62148864
>I was thinking gtx 970 from what I've read on the interwebs, anyone got a better suggestion?
>2017
>falling for the 3.5GB meme
>>
>>62148463
Tried Tuxboot and now i'm getting
SYSLINUX 6.0 EDD 20151222
WARNING: No configuration file found when I try to boot into it. wtf am I doing wrong?
>>
File: IMG_20170804_154517.jpg (157KB, 1000x950px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170804_154517.jpg
157KB, 1000x950px
d/ic/k here, kinda tech illiterate.
Need a new laptop; current is 8+yrs, can't edit multiple layers in PS, and has ass for colour for a display.

What specs should I look for? Alternatively, what laptop should I look for? I don't care for fancy shit like touch screens and 2-in-1 since I use a drawing tablet. It also has to be 15", I can't stand small screens.
>>
>>62149187
thinkpad W or P series
>>
>>62149105
I asked for advice, you failed to give any. Fuck off now.

>>62149005
Should I wait then? Wouldn't the graph you posted indicate it's only gonna get worse though?
>>
File: 1439624888393.jpg (200KB, 577x577px) Image search: [Google]
1439624888393.jpg
200KB, 577x577px
>>62149131
Try pounding.
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (474KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg
474KB, 1280x768px
>>62142648
Why can my shitty 2-in-1 run games like Crimzon Clover and Sonic Adventure 2 with nary a hitch, but can't run emus like snes9x and FCEUX at full speed to save its life? I remember running those on an old XP machine, though maybe my memory doesn't serve me as well and the performance wasn't as good as I remember.

It's running an atom x5-z8350 and 2gb ram, by the way. I'm not sure if it's the ram, though, since the slowdowns are frequent but my ram usage is usually hovering around 60-80%.
>>
Hope long do you normally let memtest86 run if you're testing individual ram? I tested one and it said 0 errors after one full pass, is that enough?
>>
>>62146619
Why would you use third party proprietary encryption?
>>
Will a PC run without integrated graphics or a graphics card? Can't get mine to boot, do i have to wait until I get my gpu?
>>
I have a q6600 with 2 HDDs and an SSD running of a chink 250W power supply. No discrete gpu. Is the power supply sufficient? The PC is meant for my parents so no intense workloads.
>>
>>62147429
its run by the nz and Chinese government
>>
what happens to my hard drive if I threw it away in the trash? I didn't even recycle it, I just put it in regular garbage a few months ago and sent it off
>>
>update chromium
>newtab gives me Aw Snap! message
Any ideas how to fix this?
>>
>>62149672
close all tabs and close and reopen
>>
>>62149494
>is that enough
No
>>
>>62144291
you tell me ;)
>>
>>62149679
I tried that. I've also cleared cookies, cache, and restarted my laptop
>>
>>62149692
Fair enough. So how long for one stick, and should I test it in other slots?
>>
>>62149570
Not sure which poster is Alex but here it goes in a landfill where they bury trash. Maybe the UK does it differently like burial at sea or mebbe they blast it to the moon in a space rocket?
>>
>>62149512
halp
>>
>>62149570
it ends up at a landfill somewhere, hope nothing important was on there as it's not out of the question of it being found and 'recycled'

>>62149545
q6600s were pretty power hungry (140w tdp) but you would probably be fine, you can check how much power it draws by connecting it up to a killawatt or some other cheap power meter

the concern is that if it does draw close to or over 250w it's going to be putting the psu under a lot of load shortening the lifespan

>>62149512
there's no reason it shouldn't boot but the bios might be throwing an error about no output like they sometimes do with no keyboards, if you knew the com port was enabled you could read the serial output to see how far it's getting

>>62149494
best practice dictates you run multiple passes on each individual stick in each individual port to rule out any intermittent issues or any issues with an individual socket, some people recommend only running overnight without really moving sticks about, some people running 72+ hours, etc, if you think the ram is faulty and it's an intermittent issue it's generally a nightmare to diagnose so it boils down to how much time you want to waste testing it
>>
>>62149512
>>62149910
you might be able to clear the cmos as well to try and get some sane defaults but if it's a new build it might need to run a setup first and the manual probably warns against clearing cmos before setting it up
>>
>>62149910
I ran an hour long test with all 4 sticks installed and got 1 error, so I figure am hour will tell me what I need, right? So, 4 sticks, 4 slots... 16 hours? Damn.
>>
>>62149941
It is a new build, I thought it might've been my cabling or the switch but I've read the manual a dozen times and everything is connected/ in order. Should I just wait for a gpu?
>>
>>62142672
When you're invoking the elder gods to cool your CPU.
>>
>>62149953
well if you have found a fault all you'd need to do is run a full past with only one stick installed, try to keep the sticks where they were installed when you found the error as it might be a problem with the socket and not the stick, in which case it might only take up to 4 hours to find, it only starts taking a stupidly long time when you aren't getting any errors and you still suspect, or know, that it's a memory issue

>>62149512
>>62149910
also if you have a pc speaker lying around you could try looking up the beep code if any
>>
>>62149968
>Should I just wait for a gpu?
it's probably the best option
>>
File: IMG_20170728_171100.png (566KB, 1045x1368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170728_171100.png
566KB, 1045x1368px
>>62149195
I thought those were supposed to have really shit displays.
Lenovo doesn't ship here anyway, others things to look at?
>>
>>62150034
desu if you want a good display you're stick with dell xps or an apple one, you can get ips on thinkpad p series but it's an extra - and touchscreen usually makes displays worse even if they are ips

you might be able to find a manufacturer here and there with a decent ips display but the xps/macbook series have the best ones by far
>>
File: 1496378909627.gif (2MB, 300x228px) Image search: [Google]
1496378909627.gif
2MB, 300x228px
Is it possible to convert a disk from GPT to MBR without having to reinstall Windows? Because I can only boot my goddamn computer if I use the Windows Repair disk USB I made and it "fixing" my startup problems was making it the only active partition instead of my main drive.
>>
I cant get subtitles to play on my [spoiler]vlc for mac[/spoiler] any more and dont know what I did wrong.
I reset the default settings, even tried downloading and applying new subs, but they wont show up. Please send help.
>>
>>62146493
there's a patch that supposed to fix the updating issue, would that stop the messages you think ?
>>
>>62149078
When will the mining menace move onto something else.

Aren't there like ASIC miners that can mine like 100x more efficiently than graphics card. Why are they all buying GPUs
>>
>>62150497
Ethereum (and many other newer alt-coints) was specifically designed to be ASIC-resistant.
>>
>>62149459
Emulating hardware is a lot more taxing than actually running from the original hardware. Though in your case I'd look around and check settings.
>>
>>62150515
Oh, what a horrible world we live in. We need GPU-resistant alt-coins.
>>
Could one use a Raspberry Pi as a private VPN?
>>
File: 1498437477356.gif (151KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1498437477356.gif
151KB, 128x128px
How does someone create their own VPN?
>>
>>62150519
>Emulating hardware is a lot more taxing than actually running from the original hardware.
Well I'm aware of that, but how much scaling does a 3.58Mhz processor and 128kb ram require? I know cycle-accurate emulators like bsnes take up a reasonable chunk of modern day resources, but snes9x? Fucking zsnes? Something's not right here. I guess I'm gonna try playing around with my drivers and services to see if that can help at all.
>>
File: 1501287805792.jpg (54KB, 434x425px) Image search: [Google]
1501287805792.jpg
54KB, 434x425px
>>62150618
>>
I don't even know how to answer this question

I have a bunch of tv shows in several hard drive.

I use rapidcrc in order to create svfs to know if a file is corrupted in the future. but my problem is that sometimes when a hard disk goes bad and the files are still there, whenever you recover them the files it doesn't come out with the correct fiename if you use photorec or testdisk

I want t way to attach that filename to the file forever as an attribute.

any of you kind souls know what I'm talking about?
>>
What to use in place of movie maker on Win10?
Im willing to pay up to $30 for whatever
>>
File: acer_aspire_3620.jpg (64KB, 712x561px) Image search: [Google]
acer_aspire_3620.jpg
64KB, 712x561px
https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/11/03/if-you-use-a-mac-or-an-android-e-commerce-sites-may-be-charging-you-more/?utm_term=.36e9d86831fe

Is there a way to make my computer appear as if its a shitty laptop?

would also be a useful feature I think if you were on public wifi and didnt want nosy IT fags looking at your traffic
>>
File: 1501825621019.jpg (152KB, 1238x678px) Image search: [Google]
1501825621019.jpg
152KB, 1238x678px
I want to download an entire youtube playlist as 320kbps bitrate
the best way to do this is what? all of the youtube downloading websites are cancer
>>
>>62150777
youtubedl, but anon, outube doesn't offer 320kbps
>>
>>62142648
>>62142648
>When you forget to dealloc

lej
>>
>>62150796
what do you mean? if i convert it or something?
>>
File: gahku.gif (112KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
gahku.gif
112KB, 300x300px
>>62142648
How do i install waterfox? I just get files that says that i need to make it with no help.
>>
>>62142794
Try it with VLC and compare hardware acclerated playback vs. software playback. Check if theres a difference. VLC brings its own codecs, so system codecs shouldnt affect it.
>>
How I can I undervolt a laptop CPU in manjaro?
>>
File: Capture.png (401KB, 1339x628px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
401KB, 1339x628px
Im think about getting this for my GA-Z270X-Gaming 5 and im wondering if i will run into problems with overclocking on a z270 since it says designed for high-performance overclocking on Intel X99 and 100 Series. Also my motherboard qvl supports this ram which is confusing me
>>
>>62150826
I mean youtube audio files are not 320 kbps
>>
>>62150852
Btw i use fedora
>>
File: 2.jpg (17KB, 245x184px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
17KB, 245x184px
I have to setup a PC with ultra high parental control, but at the same time it has to be a good fit for novice/illiterate/first time users. This means no porn, no titillating pictures, no cleavage in thumbnails; imagine Sharia Law, but for an OS. Is Windows 10N a good choice here? I wouldn't go with Linux because it has to work out of the box. And if someone watches a random YouTube video and a recommended video pops up with a naked woman on display, how can I stop this? Is there an AI browser add-on that blocks them automatically? I know there's a bot that data-mines porn movies, but I've never seen one for what I need. Thank you for reading this block of text and possibly helping me with a reply. Have a good day.
>>
File: 10405004.jpg (162KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
10405004.jpg
162KB, 1500x1500px
I purchased a steelseries rival 300 on a whim after my g400's wheelbutton died after 4 years of good services. Did i fuck up?
>>
>>62150933
yes
>>
>>62150907
oh crap. ok thanks i guess i dont know how to get music anymore then
>>
>>62150985
soulseekqt
>>
File: 1503552678736.jpg (81KB, 771x681px) Image search: [Google]
1503552678736.jpg
81KB, 771x681px
>>62150982
>>
The Inbox on my e-mail account in Outlook disappeared, how do I get it back?
I find the Inbox when I log into my account on outlook.live.com, but on the Outlook 2016 program itself, there is no Inbox. I can see Drafts, Sent Items, Deleted Items, Outbox and all that stuff, but the most important part i.e. the fucking Inbox is not there.
>>
>>62150933
That rubber stuff on the sides is going to get nasty after like two years, and the sensor is inferior to the G403.

t. former Rival user
>>
>>62150993
thanks anon
>>
>>62151046
>G403
Is the G403 supposed to be an upgrade over the G400? It seems to be substantially cheeper where I live.
>>
Can someone tell me which one is the front panel switch, Manual isn't helping at all
>>
Is there a way to make ISO out of cue and bin files? I'm trying to convert PS1 videogame disc images.
>>
>>62151175
Yes, the G400 is quite old now. They had a G400s and a G402 in the mean time.
>>
SSD is at 10% health, anything i can do about?
>>
I'm not sure if this is stupid or not but I can't find any decent answers online. I've got a shitload of items in my eBay basket, like 38. They're all available and all that, but when I go to checkout half of them are missing. The fuck is going on? They're all in the same currency and all within my country and obviously all in Buy Now format.
>>
>>62151287
Cool, although what i meant is that the G403 is cheeper than G400 for some reason, not the other way around (my bad), that being why I found it weird that the newer, objectively better mouse would be cheeper.

I've sent a cancellation request on the Rival mouse and will purchase a g403 instead if it passes. Thx anon.
>>
is these super fast m2 ssds good?
do you notice a difference from normal ssd?
>>
>>62151298
> health
What the fuck is that even supposed to mean? Install SSD-Z and Google the SMART field names until you understand what's going on. There's probably nothing wrong with the drive.
>>
File: IMG_20170827_182035.jpg (93KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170827_182035.jpg
93KB, 707x1000px
>>62150230
they're only selling top-model XPS here (i7, QHD) so it's a bit out of budget.
The 15" Yoga 720 doesn't look too bad and it's a bit cheaper, is it gonna do fine and be worth the price or should I look elsewhere?
>>
>>62151194
;-;
>>
I'm looking for something that I saw on a computer once, but I'm not sure what it would be called for googling it.
>box that sits on desk within easy reach
>box plugs into pc audio out, speakers and headphones both plug into box
>box had a switch to choose output (speakers or headphones), and has a volume control knob
>box also has remote control for controlling volume
>>
>>62151545
dac
>>
>>62151545
sounds like a DAC?

is there a way to grab video from a site like 9anime and play it with MPV? mpv + youtube-dl doesn't work out of the box - compains of a handshake issue. 9anime probably tries to stop this kinda thing.
Watch With MPV firefox addon doesn't work with Palemoon.
>>
Will I have any problems connecting a laptop with a 1600x900 screen to a full HD external monitor, if I want to use it as an extended desktop (so both at the same time, not mirror the laptop screen)?
>>
File: 1487984208436.png (46KB, 619x453px) Image search: [Google]
1487984208436.png
46KB, 619x453px
>>62150701
pls respond
>>
>>62142648
>>
>>62151545
If it connects to the audiojack it's an amp, and it just has multiple in and/or outputs
>>
My mouse has started disconnecting then reconnecting shortly after.
What could be causing this? The USB ports on the motherboard or the mouse itself?
>>
I bought ryzen 1700x and also 3200mhz ram
when i put ram on 3200mhz, it wont boot
motherboard asrock ab350m pro4

How do i solve this????
Did i buy wrong motherboard?? there is almost no matx ones!!
>>
>>62150701
>What to use in place of movie maker
Literally fucking anything.
>>
>>62151789
>assrock
>wrong motherboard
Yes
>>
>>62150701
uninstall w10 get back on that w7 anon
>>
>>62151789
You have to oc the ram to get it to support 3200
Make sure xmp profile is enabled in the bios
>>
>>62151830
yes thats what i did, went into bios, put it on the xmp 2.0 or whatever it was named and it popped to 3200mhz, but no boot after save and exit.
>>
>>62151843
Check led lights on mobo and correlate them to the manual
>>
>>62151746
AVS but I wouldn't pay for it
There's also videolan

There's also Wax if you want something moderately advanced, but still free
>>
>>62151864
is it the motherboards fault?
good thing this one was dirt cheap, 70 euros lol...

thx, ill replace this fucker when someone manages to release a decent matx am4
>>
>>62151884
The motherboard has lights on it that indicate what when wrong during post, find the red one and then figure out which one that is and then check that part
>>
I overclocked my ryzen 1600x to 3.9GH but I get the exact same score on cinebench as before the overclock.

Ryzen Master even shows the new clock and voltage (same as bios), but how can I test if the overclock really worked?
>>
>>62151789
I know this feel.
I've bought a fucking Asrock Fatal1ty X370 k4 and 16gb (2x8gb) 3200ghz HyperX Predator and can only boot at 2666ghz on AGESA 1.0.0.6a.
They even discontinued this fucker and changed the info on ram support from 3200ghz+ to 2933+.
Fuck asrock, never again.
>>
>>62151746
ah-bloo-bloo
>>
>>62151940
>I overclocked my ryzen 1600x to 3.9GH but I get the exact same score on cinebench as before the overclock.
That just means your cooling is good enough that cinebench doesn't push it below turbo speed. You'll need to use some other benchmark to see the difference.
>>
My dad got me a job to make a website for one company.
I have some basic knowledge in HTML and CSS but I have no clue how domains/hosting works.
Can someone give me some tips?
Should I go for a template at html5up.com?
How do I deal with disabled JavaScript?
I want it to be really good and I want to make good impression.
I also know Linux commands so I should know how to operate server, right?
>>
File: AB350M Pro4(L2).png (610KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
AB350M Pro4(L2).png
610KB, 1200x1000px
>>62151964
First time i bought asrock, i did it becasuse it had the best pcie layout.
>pic related
1 pcie above the pcie 16, where i can have the soundcard without blocking gpu fans

had no idea that motherboards could be this bad, the specc says 3200mhz!
>>
>>62152030

I see. Thanks, anon...
>>
>>62152048
ikr
>>
>>62151730
help please I know this is retarded
>>
I'm going to be starting a fresh install of linux alongside windows. I like Openbox a lot and I want something more minimal than default Ubuntu.

If I'm just going to be installing Openbox, what distro should I grab? I'm considering Debian or Arch, but I'm wondering if Arch is way too minimal and an absolute pain to set up drivers for / etc, compared to Debian.

Thanks in advance lads.
>>
Is mpv better than MPC-HC (or BE) + madvr? How?
>>
So I want to have a vm runnin in my basement and access it via a laptop, how to do that over wifi, could i port forward and do it on non local networks?
>>
>>62152413
VNC
>>
People talk about building a 500 pc that can run modern games, but can it really be done? I'm already over the limit and I'm reusing a case
>>
File: 1490139786456.jpg (49KB, 665x574px) Image search: [Google]
1490139786456.jpg
49KB, 665x574px
Any of these monitors with 144hz+ worth it?
Are there a certain winner here?
https://www.komplett.no/kampanje/24-timers-salg?tag=datautstyr
>>
>>62152043
Can someone answer?
What is best hosting solution?
So far I thought of hosting on GitHub and registering a domain through Freenom, which would forward it to GitHub.
Also in the template there is contact form. How do I make it send an e-mail to some e-mail address?
Can anyone help?
>>
File: Capture.png (27KB, 620x223px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
27KB, 620x223px
How do I make skype stop lagging when im using my VPN?
VPN only increeses ms from 5 to 17ms!
>>
I'm trying to install Windows 7 on a ASUS X370 Prime and 1700 build, but the installer does not support USB 3.0 and I can't use my keyboard or mouse.
Legacy settings from the BIOS are on. Wat do?
>>
>>62152525
Be aware of the asus and acer 1440p ones.
Had to send 4 RMA's to asus to get a good one, this was ~2 years ago though, maybe higher quality now.
>>
>>62149131
sudo dd bs=512k if=/input.iso of=/sdx(usb flash drive ie sdb)
>>
>>62152634
ftp://europe.asrock.com/Utility/UsbPatcher/Win7UsbPatcher(v2.0.16_AMD).zip
Make a win7 image using this tool, it puts the usb 3.0 drivers into the installation thingy.
>>
>>62152737
Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.
Although I forgot to mention I'm on Linux
>>
Why I'm dxdiag is my system manufacturer listed as "system manufacturer," and my system model listed as "system product name"
>>
>>62142648
1). What's the low-down on CPU stats? I know Ghz are basically clock cycle speeds and more is better. Cache helps operations. And cores (plus hyperthreading) allow more simultaneous calculations without a performance dip, but what about the secondary technologies? I know some CPUs have onboard graphics and others are optimized for specific tasks. Is a (pretend with me) Pentium 3.0 Ghz in anyway comparable to a i5 3.0Ghz in terms of regular performance?

2). Any thinkpad modding resources?
>>
>>62152888
oem
>>
>>62152778
follow some guide like this:
http://codeabitwiser.com/2014/03/how-to-install-windows-7-with-only-usb-3-0-ports/

i did this like 6 months ago without the tool, and also included m2 ssd driver into the installation, its doable, google a guide :)
>>
>>62152927
I cobbled my PC together though, shouldn't it say something else?
>>
//CApp.h
#ifndef _CAPP_H_
#define _CAPP_H_

#include "SDL2/SDL.h"

class CApp {

private:
bool running;

public:
CApp();

int OnExecute();

bool OnInit();
};

#endif

Then in the main file:

//CApp.cpp
#include "CApp.h"

CApp::CApp() {
}

int CApp::OnExecute() {
return 0;
}

bool CApp :: OnInit() {

}

int main(int argc, char* argv[]) {
CApp theApp;

return theApp.OnExecute();
theApp.OnInit();
}

When trying to compile, it says "No OnInit() member function delcared in CApp class", but it clearly is...
The OnExecute() function works fine, and if I don't try to define OnInit(), it compiles. What the fuck is going on? Why is it selectively seeing some things and not others?
>>
>>62152965
EDIT:
The OnInit() function simply returns 0 for now, and that doesn't change the fact that it doesn't compile.
This is less to do with SDL and more to do with what the fuck is going on with C++.
>>
>>62152953
>I cobbled my PC together though
oem
>>
File: 1476641135905.jpg (141KB, 566x750px) Image search: [Google]
1476641135905.jpg
141KB, 566x750px
I recently got a pair of JBL LSR 305 speakers and have them plugged straight into my PC, they sound great but produce a nasty hissing noise when I turn their volume knobs up. I assume this is due to electrical interference as the hiss is much less when I plug it into my phone.

Would buying an inexpensive DAC like a Behringer UCA202 be sufficent if I just want to get rid of the annoying hissing?
>>
>>62151237
Mount or burn it. Than create an iso as you would from any other real disk.
>>
>>62152466
There's a general for this. See also http://www.logicalincrements.com/
>>
Is KMSpico mactual malware?
What are other methods of activating win 10?
I'm trying to set it up in a VM to have a full testing playground
>>
Quick, what's a good microphone below $50? Already have good headphones.
>>
how do i inactivate a monitor in windows 10 via software? (equivalent of disconnecting it from the graphics card)?
>>
>>62152920
> What's the low-down on CPU stats?
They're all bullshit. Just Google CPU reviews. Specifically ones that compare the performance of two CPUs in a specific application that is relevant to your interests. As in Anandtech or TechReport, not CPUBoss.
>>
Retard here, in the middle of trouble shooting hardware, it just occurred to me to check my manufacturer website and update my bios and mobo drivers. I'm looking at the site on my phone and there's a download link.

My computer seems to be in some shit loop where I get about 15 minutes of time before a crash, is it safe to assume I just have to hit the site, download, and install? Nothing too time consuming?
>>
>>62153344
http://www.bluemic.com/products/snowball-ice/ is what i have and it is the best you're going to get in a usb mic
>>
>>62152965
>>62152997
Here's the updated code: https://pastebin.com/Xn3Sy1FR

I still don't know what the fuck is going on. It should be able to see it but it can't.
>>
when I try to sudo pacman -Syu I get
warning: pepper-flash: local (1:26.0.0.137-1) is newer than extra (26.0.0.151-1)
there is nothing to do
>>
>>62153881
reinstall it.
>>
>>62153881
Change mirrors, the ones you are using are out of date.
Look in to using reflector
>>
Should I

>Upgrade my 2010 macbook
>New logic board (2.6 core duo)
>Already have an ssd lying around
>16GB RAM
>replace the keyboard because wear and year.
>total comes out to just about 500

or

>Buy a new laptop
>>
>>62153905
Get an XPS
>>
>>62153894
reinstall what?
>>62153900
>Look in to using reflector
ok, can you spoonfeed me on what it does please
>>
New bread
>>62153950
>>62153950
>>62153950
>>62153950
>>
>>62153455
Thanks, checked.
>>
>>62153939
It tests your mirrorlist for the fastest most update mirrors and uses that as your mirrorlist.
Read the forums for exact info, or read the man page
>>
>>62153983
k thanks I'll look into it
Thread posts: 361
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.