[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Don't really like the idea of cryptocurrencies that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: mining.jpg (154KB, 602x452px) Image search: [Google]
mining.jpg
154KB, 602x452px
>Don't really like the idea of cryptocurrencies that much
>Do like the idea of having a big obnoxious cryptocurrency mining rig that's a fire hazard, guzzles electricity, heats my house to obscene temperatures in the middle of winter, and is outdated within two years

What do I do /g/? Do any of you guys have mining rigs?
>>
Easier and better gains to just invest in the coin itself.
>>
Cryptocurrency has always interested me however I didn't have money to invest early on and I feel like I've missed the boat.
>>
>>62141198
You're missing the point, I'm lusting after a mining rig because it seems like a fun project, I know it's not practical or cost effective and will probably be impractical.
>>
>>62141244
*probably be unprofitable
>>
>>62141244
How much do you have to blow? The newer antminer rigs are still profitable and will generate plenty of heat.
>>
>>62141429
I could spend a couple grand, but I'd probably have just as much fun if I spent $500 even if it wasn't all that big and obnoxious.
>>
Earlier this year I mined some stuff with hardware I already have. I got sick of it and quit, I'll check back on the crypto markets in a few years to see if any of the coins I have are worth a gorillion dollars.
>>
>build "custom" pcs for people on craigslist
>set up a nicehash service that runs under localsystem
>set intensity to only utilize half the card
>steady stream of btc

fuck miners
>>
>>62141550
There is a special place in hell reserved for your kind.
>>
Why don't you just build a cluster for WPA cracking and sell the service for bitcoin. see gpuhash.me for ideas.

There's serious money in that.
>>
>>62141550
D E V I L I S H
>>
>>62141685
Isn't that felonious?
>>
>>62141907
Who cares about committing a crime when you can have a monstrosity of a rig performing calculations and warming your house for you?
>>
>>62141907
It's not a crime if you strongly disclaim illegal use.
>>
>>62141171
>>62141244
just slap a couple gpus together and mine total shitcoins that havent hit exchanges yet
>>
>>62141171
Wouldn't a used server make more sense at this point?
>>
vrm rigs are neat, asic and gpu resistant chain.
>>
>>62142720
Do servers usually have GPUs?
>>
What's the best mining rig one could build for under $500? I see all these 6 GPU rigs recommended, but I don't want to spend thousands just to fuck around with computers.
>>
>>62143040
No but they have a plethora of pci-e slots. I wasn't aware that mining used the GPU.
>>
>>62143061
2nd hand sandy bridge system

Maybe 2 old r9 280xs
>>
>>62143217
how the fuck do you get that deep into mining without figuring that out?
>>
>>62141171
Yeah. I run 16x 1080ti's. Power is free, as is cooling, but space is limited.

I make about $50/day average, and the hardware has paid for itself.

But trading crypto as forex is faster.
>>
nope to intelligent to have bought in early
>>
>>62143637
How do you get free power?
>>
>>62143771
his parents.
>>
>>62143771
Work
>>62143793
Funny fucker...
>>
What factors make a GPU good for mining?
>>
>>62143862
What kind of job just lets you use up all the power you want? If I decided to haul a mining rig into my workplace I'd never hear the end of it.
>>
>>62141457

At this point in time, in order to make profit, you would need a min of about 10k.
>>
When will gpu prices normalize again /g/
>>
>>62146215
By my estimates. 2057
>>
File: FB_IMG_1504002454100.jpg (50KB, 640x724px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1504002454100.jpg
50KB, 640x724px
>>62146215
Looking back from 3 years ago, from when there was a significant mark up and GPUs weren't that easy to come upon, I'd say this is as cheap as they are gping to get.
>>
>>62146215
Whenever this bizarre obsession with mining dies down. So anywhere from 1 week to never.
>>
>>62141171
rx 580 is sub $2 a day now, difficulty is going to go up again as well.

whattomine isn't sending good vibes, nicehash removed the links to their profitability calculator
>>
>>62146215
when libertarians grow up
in other words, consider nvidia instead
>>
>>62141171
is there any point getting into crypto or were bitcoin and ether pretty mush the only ones that will ever be relevant
>>
>>62146738
if you're actually serious and study the market then you can profit even with shitcoins. right after entering exchange they have a price increase and even if it's 5c because mining shitty coins easier you can profit good
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.