[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you tip FOSS developers? How much or what % are you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: txQ47NG.jpg (412KB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
txQ47NG.jpg
412KB, 3072x1728px
Do you tip FOSS developers?

How much or what % are you supposed to tip them?
>>
>>62132862
You tip however the fuck much or little you want, money, contributing to the codebase, or whatever. I usually tip 20% of the price of a comparable pay-to-use software when tipping in cash, or try to at least get one good pull accepted with features I want to see with the software.
>>
I tip 15% of the price of software.
>>
i tip by shilling their wares on /g/
>>
>>62133400
B-but it's free software
>>
>>62132862
I've donated 5 bucks here and there to a few programs. One of them had early access to a beta that fixed issues when moving to windows 10 so it was pretty much a must
>>
What happens with the money if you donate it to the FOSS project?
>>
>>62134569
Goes straight into the CEO's pocket.
>>
>>62133521
exactly
>>
File: tmp_646114208447454651132338764.jpg (43KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_646114208447454651132338764.jpg
43KB, 600x450px
>>62132862
I've never given any money to retards that hand out software for free.
>>
Who else stands up and claps after the devs release a new update?
>>
>>62137046
But you're the actual retard if you willingly support proprietary software.
>>
>>62137134
Personally I just download software from the internet and use virus infected patches that google's virustotal.com tells me might be safe to get past horrible DRM restrictions.
I also use free software, but not because it's free i just use what I tested and determined that I like the best.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.