[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Musk's Neuralink

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Capture.jpg (24KB, 710x483px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
24KB, 710x483px
This was in the paper today...Musk is implanting chips into healthy adult's brains to merge AI with brainz. Is he right about doing this?

https://www.theverge.com/2017/3/27/15077864/elon-musk-neuralink-brain-computer-interface-ai-cyborgs
>>
>>62129588
>Is he right about doing this?
Yes. I can't hardly wait to transfer my consciousness to a digital space and gain immortality. Heck, for now I'd settle for some implants that expand memory and accelerate learning.
>>
>>62129858
>Gain immortality

Until a Poojet accidently deletes your consiousness or you pull the plug yourself due to Google injecting ads straight into your train of though.
>>
>>62129885
>implying anyone sane would transfer their consciousness to a device that is capable of connecting to the internet
Why bother? Just create an android body and use a PC like regular meatbags.

However, one area I'd see a significant problem with is: reading and writing data. Our consciousness would pretty much wreck any SSD, by constantly writing, and reading extreme amounts of data. Also there's the problem that our brains can store at least 1 petabyte of memories... yeah. Also our thought processes would be insanely slow due to technological bottlenecks and constraints.

So far everything nature come up with has almost always had been better, and more efficient than what humans have invented. Transhumanism is fun, but it'd make more sense tailoring biology to our needs rather than computers.
>>
>>62129588
>go around and spread misinformation about how AI is going to kill us all
>main business plan is investing heavily into AI for teaching cars how to drive and other business plans involve literally uploading an AI into your brain

Fucking business jew. Obviously we can't trust a literal African.
>>
>>62130061
>strawmanning this hard
You can say something is a threat but still support doing it. He simply means we have to be careful to not fuck it up when we make it sentient.
>>
>>62129588
No he isn't. No brain computer interface worth a shit has been created.
>>
File: w100.065.jpg (43KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
w100.065.jpg
43KB, 1024x768px
Pic related is Caenorhabditis elegans, a nematode worm with exactly 302 neurons. This motherfucker is the absolute state of the art in AI research, for we can simulate its brain on supercomputers and make it fucking wiggle. So yeah, I wouldn't worry about AI killing us all or uploading our brains into singularity just yet.
>>
>>62129588
no elon
we are the ai

http://lesswrong.com/lw/qk/that_alien_message/
>>
>>62129858
That would just be a copy, the real you would get cucked and die in the process.

Literally the ultimate cuckage, a copy of you will pretend to be you and fuck your wife while you rot away.

Biological immortality is the only way anons
>>
>>62130133
>when we make it sentient

Obviously you don't know shit about what he is talking about. Nobody makes neural networks "sentient", he's talking about a artificial general intelligence turning itself into artificial super intelligence.
>>
>>62129858
>transfer my consciousness
You mean copy "your consciousness" and kill the original
>>
>>62130061
>other business plans involve literally uploading an AI into your brain
Because he believes without it sentient AI will surpass humans
>>
>>62129858
You're going to copy it, the original (You that's writing that right now) will still decay with your body.

There is NO way to transfer something, only copy.
Non-wormhole teleportation works the same way.

Only way to reach near immortal levels is to have self repairing DNA, not just error correcting, we are far from that though.
>>
>>62130039
>Why bother?
That's one of the better reasons, I'm slowed down by my senses mostly, being able to directly interface with a computer? That would be God like. Way more interested in that then some lame "copy my brain to a microSD".
>>
>>62129588
>implying it's worth it uploading shitposters or average muricans brainz to an ai
>>
All I want is San Lolipero.
Or a cute loli robot body.
Nothing else interests me.
>>
>>62130537
This is why I would never let Picard beam me up!
>>
>>62130537
>You're going to copy it, the original (You that's writing that right now) will still decay with your body.
Unless I do it when I'm dying and get used to the idea by letting other people do it before me.
Or find a way to gradually replace my brain and don't actually copy or move anything anywhere.
>>
>>62129588
>“We know if we put a chip in the brain and release electrical signals, that we can ameliorate symptoms of Parkinson's,”
Fucking transhuminists thinking you're gonna upload your consciousness or increase your IQ in the foreseeable lifetime are retarded. We can barely even agree on intelligence, forget about increasing it.

Once again Musk takes a simple idea that works fine and has to inject the neckbeard sci-fi fantasies that kept him from killing himself from the bullying he received as a kid and ruin everything. This shit will probably help serious illnesses if we fuck around with simple electrical signals, because let's be honest that's all we can do. Look at the psychiatry industry, it's all just fucking around with inputs until a desired output is reached. We can barely prescribe the right drugs (or even treat underlying conditions).

Fuck. SpaceX was a cool idea, but sci-fi shit ruined that. Tesla has settled down and I hope it's not fucked into oblivion by Musk's rampant schizophrenia.

And fuck "lmao transhumanism futurist cyberphunk nao!!!1" for being the badnwagonning posers that have ruined everything since Abel was an ultra-vegan and got rightfully ended.
>>
>>62130551

> being able to directly interface with a computer? That would be God like.
You could shitpost at light speed
>>
>>62129588
it'd be good for mechanical eyes
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.