[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sqt schtupeed kueshchuns tread Don't bump off a poor defenceless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 351
Thread images: 49

sqt
schtupeed kueshchuns tread

Don't bump off a poor defenceless thread, post your stupid questions here and don't be a schmuck!
>>
File: Don't Tread on Me.png (80KB, 1982x1133px) Image search: [Google]
Don't Tread on Me.png
80KB, 1982x1133px
heavily considering getting TV related with a 2 year warranty, any of you fags have experience with it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SCEPTRE-X405BV-F-40-LED-Class-1080P-HDTV-with-ultra-slim-metal-brush-bezel-60H/162394443784?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649
>>
File: php.png (6KB, 306x165px) Image search: [Google]
php.png
6KB, 306x165px
Looking at learning PHP. Unfortunately my uni does not offer a course for web design beyond basic HTML and CSS.

What online resources could I use? Any recommendations?
>>
>>62123436
>csg is that way
>>
Repostan because last thread was almost dead.

What are some good comic book/manga readers to look at? Is a dedicated reader worth it as opposed to just going for a fully fledged tablet?

I know very little about tablets and mobile devices in general.
>>
Is 144Hz monitors a meme?
I'm looking for a monitor. Not for gayming, I want nice monitor to please my eyes, with high contrast and beautiful colours.
Looking at ASUS vg248qe, looks decent.
Should I buy it? I'm running Linux, does 144Hz work on Linux?
>>
Anyone know anything about the stock of rx580s on amazon? I have one on pre-order and amazon are being really vague about timeframes. If its more than a fortnight i'll have to find something else
>>
>>62123586
For pirated stuff, Android device + Perfect Viewer.
>>
File: 1484274192894.png (804KB, 616x820px) Image search: [Google]
1484274192894.png
804KB, 616x820px
What's a good program for checking how my SSD is doing? i'm sort of afraid something it's happening to it. windows 10 seems to be so fucking sluggish and i don't think it should be happening since i have a very high-end pc and i'm pretty sure i have no malware or anything of the sort
>>
>>62123463
Lynda. Php is easy to learn, but you have to get some experience under your belt before you can consider yourself good. The difference between good PHP and bad php is enormous.
>>
>>62123463
Branching off of this a bit more, is PHP/mysql good for designing a basic forum? What are the security risks involved with this? I understand at the moment that restricting uploads to a certain size and file format is important, but what else should I have to do?
>>
File: wew.webm (259KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
wew.webm
259KB, 480x360px
How can I get desktop foobar2000 to play this stream? The mobile ones do it just fine.

https://chiru.no:8080/stream.opus
>>
Bump
>>
If I leave a charger constantly plugged to the wall with nothing attached to it does it consume electricity?
I'd say no since the circuit never completes and acts as a dead end but I don't know shit about electronics.
>>
>>62124489
All chargers will pull a little bit at all times to ensure it has 5v ready when needed. If you have a device connected it should trickle charge ie: discharge a little then charge a little etc..
>>
People keep telling me I can use OneNote as an interactive online board to teach people online. I can't find anything online that describes how to do it. I need an app with stylus supports so I won't have to write with a glove on my hand. Can anyone help me?
>>
I'm using Windumbs 10. Just now noticed there's a map in the C:\Users directory called KOZA with all the usual user folders within it, but no actual users with that name is shown in the control panel. The folder was made today. I have not downloaded or installed anything today. What is it?
>>
anyone got a good windows image viewer? I've used irfanview for years but it still doesn't play gifs perfectly and it doesn't support webp fully.
>>
>>62124741
xnview
>>
>>62124736
>map
I meant fucking folder. Don't know where that came from.
>>
>>62124725
Onenote does support stylus nicely. Add screen recording software and you're all good.
>>
Where are 32" 1080p TVs?
>>
>>62124746
>xnview
I downloaded it and tried it. It doesn't support webp and I don't really need a file explorer with it, just an image viewer.
>>
>>62124770
There's lots of them.
>>
>>62123912
Install the software that came with the ssd, those usually give you an indication of your ssd's health.
Also, turn off defrag.
>>
>>62123363

What's the best way to read Linux partitions in Windows?
>>
Is there an extension or setting or something for Firefox so that I can set it up so like if I type something in the location bar it will search with one search engine, but if I say hold shift while I hit enter it will search with a different search engine?
>>
>>62124754
That would mean streaming with a tablet... I guess I will just use a normal whiteboard app while wearing a glove. Not a single one on the internet that can differentiate between my hand and the pen. I always mistakenly touch the screen while writing and it is a mess.
>>
Is blocking ads in the hosts file, and then installing an adblocker, considered overkill? Is there a reason to? Is there a reason not to?
>>
>>62124938
This is why you want a laptop/tablet/whatever that uses an active stylus, not the shitty capacitive ones that fake being a finger. Palm rejection on Onenote works fine on my Venue 8 Pro and HP 810 G2
>>
>>62124970
>Is there a reason to?
Blocking ads "globally" so that means every web browser you use or any program that connects to the internet and pulls ads
But the question is how often do you do that?
Usually only adblocker on the browser is enough
>>
Hey how do I create an easily editable website that I don't need to learn HTML for? Or at least learn minimal html/coding for?
>>
>>62125068
Easiest way is use one of the shitty website builder services such as wix or squarespace
>>
>>62125068
If you don't want to pay for Wix or Squarespace you can also download a template, modify some strings in the html file and colors in the css file and upload it to Github Pages for free.
Unlimited hosting as long as it's HTML. No PHP or any of that fancy shit but I doubt you'll need it.
>>
>>62125096
>>62125117
Would I be able to create something like the site below and edit it easily? (I know the site content is kinda cringey, but its just an example)

http://www.departmentofmemes.com
>>
>>62124839
Looks like they just disappeared from my country (Brazil). Everything is just 720p or 768p, 1080p only on 40"+
>>
>>62123835
Ok, well which android tablet should I look towards? I don't want to spend a fortune, but I want something that'll last.
>>
you know when you type a letter in explorer and finder and the file with the name that begins with that character gets highlighted? what's that feature called? is there documentation on it? what's the limit to the number of characters that can be typed to match a file?
>>
>>62125002
You lack reading comprehension.
>>
Can I turn my laptop into a server holding all my videos? If so, must the laptop be on at all times? Can I leave it on sleep so it uses little energy?
>>
playing with NodeMCU, I'm totally new to lua.
How do I do function overloading or optional parameters?
>>
Are there any ways to send stickers from line to fb messenger?
>>
>>62125549
>Can I turn my laptop into a server holding all my videos?
Sure, just install Kodi and share all your media. It's fairly easy to do and there are a lot of guides.
> If so, must the laptop be on at all times?
At least at all times you want to share the media on the laptop. You can turn off the screen and run it completely headless to save energy.
> Can I leave it on sleep so it uses little energy?
No
>>
Are we close to having tech to reverse most blindness with stem cells or whatever? Or is it still a long way off?

I've always feared going blind some day so it would be comforting to know they will have a solution soon.
>>
>>62125633
If you contribute to the clinton foundation you can have new eyes harvested from brown people or Ukrainians. If you're rich you can have some grown.
>>
What the fuck is wrong with the pirate bay right now? I need my HEVC recodes, dammit.
>>
Can admins track users who pinch streams from their website with something like with something like jdownloader?
>>
>>62125694
Potentially, though I doubt they really care unless you turn around and redistribute it somewhere. And anyway I doubt they could link that back to the person who captured it.
>>
File: 1445972921098.gif (62KB, 260x200px) Image search: [Google]
1445972921098.gif
62KB, 260x200px
I have ho pavilion G6 series laptop with ralink rt2390 wifi driver. I want to remove windows & install xubuntu in it but when I live boot in xubuntu WiFi is disabled. Also tried live boot of manjaro but same result. On searching I found the problem is with the wifi driver. It works fine in windows. Can anyone help me with solving the WiFi problem?
>>
>>62125734
So you recon they can but they would bother to as it wouldnt hold up in court?
>>
Is there a way to view my very old comments that I've posted on facebook? Like, ones on other peoples statuses etc
>>
>>62125469
Kill yourself shitskin
>>
>>62125152
Fuck off.
>>
>>62125770
Well I don't think saving a stream that you have been granted legitimate, legal access to is a crime anyway. I mean, your browser basically does the same thing but only keeps it in temporary storage.
>>
I've had a samsung LN-R268W since like 2006, still use it to this day because i dont see a need for a new tv.

I really wish there was a way to do overscan on it, because it crops the edges. I thought that the game display setting on the PS4 would change that, but it didn't. The only game I ever had luck with on overscan was the HD remasters of the Sly games.

Any ideas? I looked up the manual online but I don't see anything, and playing around with the picture options didn't seem to do much except play with the color.
>>
Would something like pic related lower the chance of my wifi connection dropping?

t. Dormfag
>>
File: 510SXoZ+n4L._SY355_.jpg (10KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
510SXoZ+n4L._SY355_.jpg
10KB, 355x355px
>>62126140
Fuck
>>
Is there a better bookmarker and history searcher for firefox? I try to search my history but it doesn't work most of the time.
>>
>>62126157
You will have to use either the USB dongle or the internal wifi card.
It might be better to buy a repeater and put it closer to you if your modem is too far
>>
What's a good torrenting software that isn't utorrent or qbit
>>
>>62126157
Just be careful which dongle you buy, some have fake antennas.
>>
>>62125734
well thats good now all i have to do is find a stream of got s7e6
>>
>>62126157
>5.8GHz
>not 5.0GHz
>>
Will a PC boot as normal if it has no video output whatsoever? As in, no onboard video and no GPU?
>>
is calibrating my monitors color worth it?
>>
Hello Apple users of /g/, I gotta ask you something.
I have a friend that browses web with safari and he likes to keep a lot of tabs for 'later reading', but a few times now he lost his tabs and he can't get them back. What's the best way he can bookmark these? He says he 'had bookmarks but that's gone and I don't know why'.
>>
File: download.jpg (12KB, 197x255px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 197x255px
How do you flash the BIOS on a MSI 970 gaming motherboard?

There are tutorials up on youtube, but they dont have the same mobo I do. In one of them, the hardware has a physical switch you can flip, but I can't see that on mine.
>>
>>62126743
Google calls it "clearing the CMOS" whatever that means.
>>
>>62126743
Read The Fucking Manual.
>>
File: reuenthal curious.jpg (33KB, 324x312px) Image search: [Google]
reuenthal curious.jpg
33KB, 324x312px
I have an SSD that suddenly failed after the power went out. When I plug it into my computer, it says the drive has 0 MB total space. Is it fucked, or is there some way to recover the drive or the data?
>>
>>62126773
What OS are you using?
>>
>>62126743
flash or clear? all motherboards you clear by bridging the cmos. you can use anything to do it, i used a usb micro cable to do it
>>
>>62126654
Bookmarks -> Save All Tabs
or something like that
>>
File: S9Zex38.jpg (60KB, 558x750px) Image search: [Google]
S9Zex38.jpg
60KB, 558x750px
>>62126802
hey cheers!
>>
>>62126797
Wangblows
>>
>>62126773
Should be able to clear it if there isn't actual hardware damage (and I can't tell you whether there is or not based on what you've told me).

I would boot up ubuntu or mint, from a flash drive. and just attempt to format the entire ssd. That said, if it works, that's just the first of many steps.
>>
>>62126825
The hardware looked fine from the outside, no burns or anything like that. But I don't know whether the internal capacitors etc. have failed or not. From what I've seen online, SSDs may fail suddenly because of power shortages, but whether that's because of hardware issues or logic corruption I don't know.
>>
>>62126773
To recover the data, you could use testdisk, personally i've never used it on a bricked drive before. As >>62126825 suggest, live boot into ubuntu and use gparted to attempt a reformat.
>>
File: 1492223260235.png (140KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
1492223260235.png
140KB, 600x315px
How do I deal with having to work on a Celeron processor?
>>
>>62126862
SSDs are relatively new. In THEORY, they should be able to last like 500 years, but that's obviously untested and unproven. People are still figuring out all the limitations.

The fact that it's detecting the SSD is a good sign, though.
>>
>>62125855
LOL poor Poojeet seething for being outed. I already have a tablet with full stylus integration and can use OneNote easily. However there are no online whiteboard apps that support stylus which is why I was asking.
>>
>>62126862
In this day and age, there's not really an excuse to not use a UPS unit. You can literally go into Walmart and pick one up for ~40 bucks.
>>
>>62126908
Or you can just live somewhere with a decent power grid
>>
>>62126945
Which the dude obviously doesn't. But, even then, shit happens. I'm not aware of a power grid that will protect you from power fluctuations if a bolt of lightning hits your transformer.
>>
>>62126743
>>62126758
Figured it out, sorry!
Had to short the CMOS jumpers.
>>
>>62126768
Why do you even waste your time here, if that's the caliber of help you're going to give? I genuinely want to know. What made you go into a stupid questions thread, and type out "read the manual"?

If I had the manual, I wouldn't be here asking stupid questions. Because stupid questions would've been answered by the manual, right?

I figured it out on my own but seriously, if thats the only help you can offer don't come to these threads at all. "Google it" would've been more helpful than this.
>>
>>62126743
Couldn't you just remove the CMOS battery?
>>
>>62127003
That's what I ended up doing, but it didn't fix the display. So I shorted it with a flat head screwdriver and it worked! Thanks for your help guys, or..yknow..

Just thank you. :)
>>
>>62123363
that's a fucking nice pic. cheers op
>>
Can't find a clear, simple answer.
On Google Sheets, I'm trying to do =IMPORTXML("website.com","quote_price") but Sheets doesn't refresh as quickly as I want it. What can I add to the formula to make it refresh at an interval of every few minutes?
>>
>>62126987
Hmmm, but mobos come with manuals they say specificly how to do stuff to that model. So if you are asking here where no-one is likely to have the same model as you instead of looking at the manual (it's on the manufactures website nignog) then it's really you who are wasting their time.
>>
Ever since that fucking windows 10 creators update I now have to do the following:

>unplug lan cable
>disable firewall
>replug cable

If I don't do this then I have no connection. Is there something I can whitelist to stop it? Is this actual fucking DRM for an OS?

I know this is just a microsoft ploy to get people to not use firewalls so they can download more adware and break more integral os features so I'd like to still use mine.
>>
trying to implement my own syncing password manager over sftp, stuck on dir permission for where the encrypted db is stored on server

is there a function in linux for a non-elevated user's files to be inaccessible from other users? what should dir permissions on server look like?

even though i plan to use a strong password i'd like go to lengths to avoid the acquisition of db if possible

plan for sync is:
>run command
>ask pass for sftp
>script mounts server dir to local dir (sshfs) to work with bash script easier
>check which is newer
>replace old
>unmount
>>
>>62127510
>is there a function in linux for a non-elevated user's files to be inaccessible from other users
Normal unix permissions (eg chmod -R go-rwx the/dir). Root can still access it but not much you can do about that.
>>
How's FF 57+ security going to be compared to Chrome, assuming that I have noscript with scripts globally allowed ?

winfag
>>
File: 1470361328631.png (678KB, 850x464px) Image search: [Google]
1470361328631.png
678KB, 850x464px
Why does my Ethernet port remain active while my desktop is off?
>>
>>62124081

Just take a look at the extant forum software which has been around for many years, phpBB and vbulletin, now look at how much that bullshit gets hacked.

If you want to get involved with PHP, get into Drupal.
>>
>>62127660

Wake on LAN.
>>
File: 1503778873808.png (1MB, 1200x733px) Image search: [Google]
1503778873808.png
1MB, 1200x733px
why the FUCK do i need phone number to register an email???
i still remember register shit load of yahoo emails back then
>>
>>62127712
use protonmail or tutanota
>>
>>62127660
They're just testing to make sure the backdoor is still operational.
>>
Do you think I will get a blanket immunity from account deletion for not agreeing with Google's politic ideas if I change my gender to something other than Man or Woman?
>>
>>62127660

Do you have an Intel processor?

If yes, that's Intel Management Engine hardware backdoor

https://www.bestvpn.com/privacy-news/intel-management-engine/
>>
So I just finished my first build. I have an ASrock motherboard and NVIDIA gpu, I started with downloading the motherboard updates on their site and installed an "amd all in one update", I figured it was all the updates on the MB in one.. but then it said something about GPU at the end of it downloading and I don't have an AMD gpu..downloaded the right one for my NVidia card after that.. is this something to worry about at all?

Also is it bad if my computer is on carpet when the PSU fan is pointing down? Sorry for dumb questions, thank you.
>>
>>62127712
>i still remember register shit load of yahoo emails back then
Hmm, wat can we do to BTFO spamming kiddies?
>need phone number to register an email
Everything is as it should be
>>
>>62128111

yea and i think you should post your number here too
>>
File: niqqu wut.png (84KB, 1432x596px) Image search: [Google]
niqqu wut.png
84KB, 1432x596px
Why the FUCK is this stupid piece of useless shit called spybot s&d doing this? When i try disabling the spybot services it suddenly blocks all outgoing internet traffic with a "proxy server denied the connection" error message on all browsers

Thing is i kept trying to do the bare minimum installation (i only need the system scan feature really) earlier but it won't actually install properly if you disable any of the other features due to the devs being incompetent pieces of shit

God i wish there was a portable version of this
>>
Would an i5-3570 still be enough nowadays for internet browsing? I'd pair it with 8GB RAM and an SSD.
>>
>>62123363
Might be having an interview on 1st ,if qualified on the exam which I gave today, which are the questions or concepts related to Java should I know in order to bypass the technical round?
>>
>>62128189
>Thing gives you nothing but problems
>You come here and complain about it, while, in the same post, wishing for a portable version of it.
>>
File: IMAG0234.jpg (724KB, 2026x1163px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0234.jpg
724KB, 2026x1163px
I just got my computer repaired and I'm trying to connect to the Wi-Fi but it doesn't work. I'm not sure what a security network key is. I tried typing in the password
>>
File: 1434275595757.png (64KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1434275595757.png
64KB, 800x800px
>use PC for work all day
>start feeling short jolts of nerve pain at the base of my right pinky

I-is it over? Did I get the mouse syndrome? PC days are over?
>>
>>62128368
It's your router password. Make sure you're using the right kind of password. If you're using WEP/2, then using TKIP isn't gonna work.
>>
Should I install Gentoo?
>>
>>62128370
Get a trackball thing.
>>
>>62127657
Switch to waterfox, stop being a cuck
>>
>>62127657
Why would you have noscript with scripts globally allowed? Why not just go without?
>>
>>62128465
"globally allowed" is blacklist mode- it will still block scripts, but only ones you explicitly mark untrusted. It will also still stop XSS attacks and do its other functions

It's normie mode basically for people who can't handle troubleshooting every new webpage in whitelist mode
>>
>>62128389
if you're using WEP, stop and switch to WPA2
>>
What is the least pwned version of windows? Enterprise? Education?
>>
>>62128494
Probably Vista.
>>
>>62128494
windows 10 I mean, specifically.
>>
>>62128389
>a network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken

Found the problem. Do I need to bring the router to my computer and plug it in?
>>
>>62128522
What you're asking is whether it would be worse to get fucked with a jackhammer or a Zweihander.

No matter what, you're not walking away from it ok.
>>
>>62128544
What? I don't understand what you're asking. Are you asking me if you should unplug your wireless router, move it to your computer, and plug it into that?
>>
>>62128552
I'm not asking for your opinion about windows 10. I'm asking which is the least bad.
>>
>>62128592
Comes down to a matter of what you think is bad.
>>
File: 1432199680257.png (67KB, 611x750px) Image search: [Google]
1432199680257.png
67KB, 611x750px
>>62128426
>>
>>62128592
The point I was making was that they were all bad. Some are bad in worse ways than others. Yes, getting fucked by either the jackhammer or the Zweihander is bad, but both would be bad for different reasons. It depends which you would prefer: a long, sharp blade slowly going 4 feet up your asshole, or a shorter, duller chisel constantly pulverizing the first foot of your asshole?

Same with Windows. It all depends on what you would consider bad. Are Viruses your concern? Then get Education. Are you wanting the illusion of privacy, while having the freedom to fuck up your OS? Then Windows Enterprise will do you.
>>
>>62128568
yes. It works, it won't let me use the WI-FI though
>>
>>62128863
Then no, don't do that. Make sure your modem is plugged in and connected to your coax cable, and that the wifi router is connected to the modem via a cat cable. Make sure the cat cable is plugged into the right port on the router.
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 800x587px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 800x587px
>>62128663
Pic related to >>62128925
>>
Any torrent client that stops when torrent is finished downloading?
>>
>>62129089
Effectively all of them, if you set your maximum upload speed to 0.001kbps.
>>
Are there any decent open source voice command APIs for Android?

Something like Alexa/Google/Siri but not actually those services.
>>
>>62123363
Whats the general consensus on PureVPN?
>>
File: serveimage[1].jpg (661KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage[1].jpg
661KB, 1600x1600px
Turntables. Anyone have any experience with them? I just want something relatively cheap but of a decent to good quality. I'm just going to use it to digitize some vinyls. I've been looking at the Pyle Pro PLTTB3U (pic related) and the Numark TTUSB. I have no experience with this at all, as I was born just as vinyl was on its way out.
>>
>>62123363
are there any threads in 4chan dedicated to animation other than porn ones.
>>
>>62129929
If you mean boards, /f/ and /wsg/ are the only ones I can think of.
>>
>>62123363
is there a way to change the top black header of chrome's incognito mode
>>
using thunderbird, i cant get my email to dowload older emails, it only downloads stuff thats new. set up is with pop3 though... I had it working before then i did a reformat and now it wont work
>>
File: 1495713693249.jpg (133KB, 1199x728px) Image search: [Google]
1495713693249.jpg
133KB, 1199x728px
>>62128370
I will bump this once in this thread. I need more opinions, someone who knows a bit about mice and hand health.
>it's ok, just don't hold the mouse tight and rest
or
>you won't be able to hold a glass of water anymore in a few months
?
>>
is chunkwm actually good?
>>
>>62128189
If you just want a scanner, use MBAM.
>>
>>62129929
/ic/ regularly has an animation thread for those learning to animate.
>>
File: file.png (219KB, 900x507px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
219KB, 900x507px
>>62123363
Is this browser any good or is it a meme? I want to get rid of Jewgle Chrome.
>>
>>62130513
dunno, never tried it

but you know what is a meme ? faggots who are ceasing to use quality stuff like Chrome because "Jewgle". How did Jewgle ever affect your personal life in a negative way ? name a single thing
>>
>>62130878
>Chrome
>quality
>>
as a 750 Ti owner, which would be better
>Used gigabyte single fan gtx 960 2gb for $140 (aud)
>Refurbished asus strix dc2 r7 370 4gb for $140 (aud)
would the refurb, dual fans, and twice as much vram be worth the lower outright performance? Running 1440x900 & 1366x768 monitors, but want something better graphics wise for when I buy a new monitor. I was also planning on buying the nzxt kraken g12 and a corsair h55 for another $150, but on a lower end card, it doesn't seem too worth it, especially when the water cooling setup costs more than the card itself.
>>
>>62130904
what's wrong with Chrome except "Jewgle" and maybe too little compat for old websites ?

fast, secure, all of the functions a normie needs

what else do you want ?
>>
>>62128266
yep. more than enough.
>>
>>62130923
960 seems to be better than the r7.
>>
/g/, is it okay to program in my spare time even though I work in a barely computer-related area? Is programming just for fun even a legitimate concept?
>>
>>62131121
If you enjoy the concept of making something that does something, sure.
>>
in tmux, using "status-justify centre" aligns the window list near the center, but it gets slightly shifted if the left and right side of the status bar aren't of equal width.
can this be fixed?
>>
>>62131056
yeah, I noticed in benchmarks. just can't decide between them. the 370 refurb implies they brought it as close to new as they can, and includes a warranty, as well as twice the vram, but the 960 is an outright stronger card.
guess I might just check some mining results to try and recover some losses, depending on which is better.
>>
>>62130187
sup anon.
I had RSI/carpal tunnel/computer arms some time ago. Good job for noticing the symptoms early, this is going to save your ass.

Start taking regular breaks. Install software that reminds/forces you to step away for a minute or two every half hour. I personally like having a small glass of water on my desk and refilling it immediately when empty, taking a sip whenever I'm thinking or waiting. Gets you moving.

Start doing finger/wrist/arm exercises. Keep a good posture. Arms no higher than your belly button preferably, got to make that blood flow easily.

You may want to invest in a vertical mouse. Keeping your hand/arm on its side as opposed to flat helps with blood flow. A colleague of mine had a flight-stick looking mouse that achieved the same and more.
Don't tilt your keyboard up. Maybe buy an ergonomic keyboard. I have no experience with those though.

If problems persist, see a physiologist or something about this.
Start exercising if you aren't already. Take good care of yourself. Taking breaks etc sucks, but *having* to take breaks is even worse.

Good luck.
>>
This is almost certainly asked a lot here, But what happens if i overclock too much?
anything long term?
>google it
results vary too much
>>
>>62131676
Then you significantly reduce the lifespan of your CPU/GPU
>>
>>62130513
it's good for mobile use but for pc it gets outclassed by other browsers
>>
File: IMG_20170828_233222.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170828_233222.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
>>62131676
Same guy here, I managed to fuck it up, it boots to a blank screen with a cursor, I can open task manager with ctrl alt del and run things with it (like cmd in pic), but I'd like my desktop back. Halp?
>>
Hey /g/ents

I have been using gmail/outlook for years and it has come the time that i have to install an email desktop client because i have multiple work emails now (yeah).

Last time i used thunderbird it was good so i want to know if its still good or if another player has come and fucked thunderbird in the ass.

Thank you.

>>62132218
Try killing explorer.exe from the task manager and then windows+R and type explorer.exe, hit enter and see if that works.
>>
copying post from >>>/wsr/371385
since no replies
Bit of a long request here,
My main goal is to replace android 6.0 with Resurrection Remix 7.1.2,
But i need TWRP to do that,
But i need root to do that,
But this phone on android 6.0 cannot be rooted, But it can on 5 (i remember rooting it when it was on 5),
So i need to downgrade from 6.0 to 5,
But i cannot downgrade it, which is my main problem.
Once i downgrade it, i can do everything else myself.
So how do?
it's a 'cherry honor 4x' aka 'Che2-l11' running android 6.0
i should also include that it's running "emui 4.0", though i have no idea what that is.
Oh, and i can also do everything if i can get it rooted while it's on 6.0, though i haven't found any app that can root it.
>>
>>62132255
that fixed it, thanks
>>
>>62132270
You cant
>>
>>62123363
how do I fully archive an old (3.x) version of a vBulletin forum so I can export it elsewhere?
>>
Forgive my paranoia but is it safe to order things from Amazon or I shouldnt make account here?
>>
>>62132778
It's as safe as ordering anything online.
>>
If I upgrade my graphics card do I need to uninstall all the old video software/drivers first?
>>
>>62132270
I don't understand, why can't you just unlock your bootloader and flash the image?
>>
Is LastPass a good app for managing and securing passwords
>>
>>62133372
Because every company locks the booloader and you have to find a way to exploit it so you can flash it.And there are really no exploits past 5.0
>>
>>62133356
Not necessarily first or at all, but you should.
>>
>>62132903

I thought that Amazon would be more dangerous or something. I dont know anymore, /g/ is always talking about dangers of using popular services...
>>
>>62133393
Your brain is the best app. Just memorize a 14 characters long random sequence of characters, add two letters from the name of the service/software/computer inside the sequence and voila, you have a unique password for everything.
>>
>>62133475
Well, I order a bunch of shit online regularly, and Amazon hasn't really been any more dangerous than any other site I've ordered from. If you're really one of those tinfoil people, you shouldn't order anything online.
>>
>>62133475
That mostly applies to free* services like Google. People will put up with a lot of shit if they get something for free*, but they're generally a lot less tolerant when it's something they pay for.
>>
File: serveimage[1].jpg (96KB, 1200x1029px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage[1].jpg
96KB, 1200x1029px
>>62129757
Well, after a bunch of research I went with the AT-LP120 instead.
>>
Is fslint 100% reliable?
Can I just select every other file and tell it to delete or could I lose my only copy?
>>
Would simply making a Guest account be enough to prevent someone for having access to my files? It's not like they are gonna search for anything, anyway, probably only use the internet but I am still a bit paranoid about this.
>>
>>62133583
>>62133635

Well I guess I wont worry as much then. Thank you.
>>
I have internet run through a MOCA adapter but it only has one port. I thought a simple ethernet splitter would let me connect my TV as well as my computer but it's not working.

Anyone know of anything else I could use?
>>
>>62125238
MI pad
>>62134112
Hdmi ethernet cable is a thing
>>
How to use dnsmasq to set a local dns server for all devices using the AP?
>>
>>62134155
archwiki
>>
File: hsdfhdfgh.jpg (40KB, 420x552px) Image search: [Google]
hsdfhdfgh.jpg
40KB, 420x552px
yesterday i turned an old linksys router into a client mode bridge to my main modem, because my PC lacks a wireless card and the modem is all the way on the other side of the house. now things are weird

some web pages take forever to load (e.g. google) while others pop up right away (e.g. 4chin), DNS lookups in particular seem to take a very long time, but flushing my local DNS didn't help. also i seem to get booted out of games every so often when there is a lot of outgoing packets, everything will be fine with no loss until suddenly my internet takes a shit and dies for half a minute.

what are some tools that i can use to diagnose the problem? i need to test TCP and UDP, and unfortunately i'm on windows. i'm downloading wireshark right now, but i would like something that i can use on my router to see what's going on between the linksys and my main modem.
>>
Did they really remove the ability to use the old windows photo viewer in some recent update? I can't find it.
>>
Assuming my laptop is always plugged in, should I remove the battery to 'increase its lifespan' or is it all just a meme? I've read arguments ranging from 'it doesn't really matter' to 'you are literally killing your battery and everything if you don't do'. i just don't know man
>>
>>62134914
If the battery is always inside, set the maximum charge of the battery to 60-80%. Max out the battery when you need to take it somewhere.
>>
when I set my pi hole to be my dns server on my router, and reboot the router for the change to take effect, the internet stops working
why would that happen? if I set the pihole as a dns server per device on each device it works as intended
>>
File: 1498398384258.jpg (28KB, 360x479px) Image search: [Google]
1498398384258.jpg
28KB, 360x479px
be somewhat tech support around
>TL;DR
block all web except few specific with host file?

got some odd techy jobs from time to time

home for old folk wants me on thurdsay to block all sites except facebook and youtube
I have no idea what PCs they have there, its extremely possible that its still windows XP

I was like sure
I assumed it should be no problem with host file
some wild cards going to 127.0.0.1 preceding with youtube going to youtube...

but now I am googling and it seems host file cant do wild cards

Got any hints what to do now? I would like to have solution independent of the windows version.
>>
>>62134994
Set up a firewall to block outbound HTTP/HTTPS connections, then whitelist google and facebook IP ranges?
>>
File: 1414446910690.jpg (43KB, 397x337px) Image search: [Google]
1414446910690.jpg
43KB, 397x337px
what's the difference between Microsoft Toolkit, KMSpico and KMSAuto Net for activating Office?
>>
>>62135166
One fools itself, one steals itself one spoofs itself
>>
I need help >>>/wsr/371614
>>
>>62134940
I can't seem to find that option to set a treshold on the battery options, is there a specific software that lets you do that?
>>
>>62135242
>Um using antergos
Stopped right there. Dont use downstream distros.
>>
hey
Anyway to get store apps on 7?
I really, really want to play W40k: Freeblade.
>>
>>62135277
not helpful
>>
Bought a really good laptop for me relatively cheap at a pawn shop

What should I do to make sure there's no viruses etc?

There's a way to reinstall windows and reset everything right?
>>
>>62135242
Back up files and move to OS you can manage. No shame in it.
>>
>>62135277
It's something to do with fonts
search google for ILocalize::AddFile() failed to load file "public/steambootstrapper_english.txt".
>>
>>62135345
No thanks I'm fine with antergos
>>
>>62135367
ok, I'll try to look into that
>>
>>62135323
Very helpful. In the future you should make sure you dont use shitty downstream distros that often have issues such as these that arise from poor management of the distro being downstream.
Also, read your damn log, it tells you whats wrong and how you should proceed
>>
>>62135415
>shitty downstream distro
it's literally arch with one added repository
Can you pretend to be more semi-intellectual than this?
>>
does anyone have experience with slurm?

i'm trying to submit simultaneous jobs with sbatch but it keeps fucking up

each individual process takes too long to run an sbatch full of srun commands. i've tried various fixes for running simultaneous tasks, but everything i've tried just ends up repeating the first task multiple times instead of repeating every task once
>>
>>62135444
it's not the extra repo that bugs him, it's the fact that you used calamares instead of manually installing that gets his goat
>>
>>62135471
Or the entire fuckery that is manjaro
>>
>>62135471
it's cnchi on antergos
and there's nothing wrong with that
>>
>>62135487
manjaro and antergos are two different beasts, and hating on all downstream distros because one doesn't do it right is just asinine
>>
how 2 be hacker??
>>
>>62135668
hack.exe.ink
>>
>>62135367
>>62135402
it doesn't have that line about fonts but some people are saying that deleting the appcache should help https://askubuntu.com/questions/345120/why-doesnt-steam-start but my steam install doesn't have a ~/.steam/steam/appcache file
what do
>>
What's a good cheap paid web hosting for a small textboard to host on?
>>
>>62135801
Buy a $5 vps package
>>
I want/need to know the amount of bandwidth that is used when I do the following things:
>send an HTTPS HEAD request to a server
>receive the HTTPS HEAD response from the server

I know the header has a minimal size, probably less than 1kB. But i would like to know more exactly due to a script i'm writing that will be run every few seconds. Since the data will add up quickly, i want to know how much data i'm looking at within a day.
>>
when i turn on the system, memory usage is at ~150mb (used memory according to $ free

after maybe a day or two of uptime, used memory is at 500mb, even when I close all windows

Is this normal?
>>
File: 1503074034599.jpg (1MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1503074034599.jpg
1MB, 1936x2592px
can I use a vpn on a switch that connects to a router?
so computer > switch > router > modem > isp > vpn > internet.com
>>
Why is renaming a storage devices is greyed out on linux when I can casually do it on windows? The only way I can rename a storage device is naming it during a format.
>>
I'm having trouble with my Android Google Nexus 2013 tablet. I don't know if the problem is specific to the device, but it's one I'm having trouble finding proper information on myself.
For some reason, the tablet no longer gives me access to my primary folders where documents and such would be. When I try to access them, it says "/storage/emulated/0/ not found" in the file manager. When I switched the tablet to MTP and plugged it into my computer, the folders appear, but no files are found inside any of the folders. It's all empty. When I tried to use the camera, it says the camera doesn't have specific permissions which I'm guessing means it can't find a way to save any pictures I take. I'm not even able to save files off the Internet.
What should I do to fix this issue? The device is on 6.0.1 and is running stock. I'm not sure what caused the tablet to not find the internal memory anymore.
>>
File: 360kid.png (6KB, 441x495px) Image search: [Google]
360kid.png
6KB, 441x495px
My old laptop's battery is half dead for 6 years already and runs out after 15 minutes or so of being idle while unplugged. I don't care about it since I always plug the power wherever I go anyway.
However, does this issue cause waste of electricity in some way? Is my laptop using up too much power or something?
Lenovo G550 with legal Windows 10.

>>62136063
Yes, modern operating system use up some RAM so it can react really fast to your commands.
>>
>>62136043
get a packet sniffer
>>
>>62136063
>my system is using ram when i told it to do things, that use ram
>>
>>62134994
Don't set any dns on the system and manually set in the hosts file the addresses of those sites you wish to allow and the related ones. If no DNS is specified/reachable, the system should revert to use the local hosts file. To have an idea of what to allow use a block list from one of the multiple online.
>>
>>62134976
Have you tried rebooting your pi after you rebooted your router?
>>
What is a good Android password manager that doesn't upload all my passwords to their """secure""" cloud?
>>
>>62136647
I rebooted it after initially setting up pi-hole, and updating the lists and upgrading raspbian. it works, I see the "consult your pimaster" crap on blocked websites I went to to test it
>>
>>62136649
Password store on f-droid along with pass or qtpass on PC
>>
File: 1503935755399.png (116KB, 500x465px) Image search: [Google]
1503935755399.png
116KB, 500x465px
I got this: trojan skeeyah.a!rfn
What do?
>>
>>62136699
delete it
>>
>>62136684
I don't know about the whole pihole thing as I do it manually with dnsmasq but I remember having a shitty router not long ago that would not pick up my pi if it was left on while the router rebooted, never really understood why
>>
My socket 1155 motherboard is dying, I have a 3570K in there. Is it time to upgrade or should I look around for a second hand board?
>>
>>62136763
From what I've seen, the situation with 1155 boards isn't very good, so finding one that's good and reasonably priced might be tricky. And the 3570k isn't really THAT great, so I'd recommend upgrading.
>>
>>62136833
That's what I was leaning towards, time to do some research. Would you recommend anything?
>>
My modem is shit, long story short I cannot get internet with it until my USB to Ethernet adapter arrives. Until then however I am in need of reinstalling Windows as it does get internet. My question; is Windows 10 is viable in any sense comparatively to Windows 7? I heard YEARS ago the business version doesn't have ads and have since been completely in the dark about it. I like older games mostly so if it introduces ANY problems Windows 7 doesn't have I would like to stay away from it
>>
>>62136617
nice
works
though I realized this is not the ideal way to go about it
for example if I allow reddit, the site has no CSS and no images because of content on different IPs
I assume facebook might look similar
I might find the range of ips to allow that might work
but would they not change from year to year?

will try some ranges but I am googling for some other tools at this point
>>
>>62136882
cannot get internet with it on Linux*. basically my computer only has a single ethernet port and my router refuses to serve an IP to the same mac address twice so I can get internet on Windows but not Linux until my adapter arrives. Wanted to clear that up
>>
>>62136899
Hence my suggestion of looking at blocklists to find out which domain names to block: once you have the domain name you do a nslookup or dig for its ip address.
Other ways would be a proxy or an outgoing firewall but if you don't know the operating system you'll deal with, hosts files is your safest shot
>>
>>62136936
Either lower the dhcp lease on the router or set the same static ip on both Windows and Linux so Internet should work for both
>>
>>62136964
I have tried both and I am almost convinced it may actually be a hardware problem which is what I am waiting to see for sure with a new ethernet port. However that isn't what I need help with, I need to know if Windows 10 is gud
>>
Used daemon tools light for the first time in forever and it immediately brought up my browser to a site with a string of numbers separated from the rest of the url with a hyphen, the rest being virus dot net. Uninstalled this bullshit and am currently running a MBAM scan, but what else should I do and what other software can be used to mount disc images with windows 7? Heard good things about poweriso.
>>
>>62137069
you have free opensource options, i really recommend wincdemu. i think while recommending it to someone once they said it was missing a few features of daemon tools but ive not run into any problems, it mounts disc images just fine
>>
How come there aren't any companies that started reproducing CRT TVs yet? It would be a great way to cash in on the whole retro games craze.
>>
>>62137069
DT can install with a lot of junk unless you manually uncheck it. Try WinCDEmu for mounting ISOs.

My question: I updated my Firefox finally and a lot has changed in the last 2 versions apparently. One being my Greasemoneky appchanx script no longer functions. Is there an updated version or something similar? 4chan vanilla blows.
>>
File: Franz_Eybl,_Lesendes_Mädchen.jpg (618KB, 1228x1572px) Image search: [Google]
Franz_Eybl,_Lesendes_Mädchen.jpg
618KB, 1228x1572px
Which audio player software should I get for Android? I like the stock Android player except that it doesn't play Opus files.
Requirements:
- plays mp3, ogg, opus, m4a files
- no ads (if possible)
>>
>>62137158
Because they would be overly expensive.
$10K easily for a 30 inch
>>
>>62137292
really? why would they be that much more than used Trinitrons?
>>
File: 1433624735513.png (557KB, 574x769px) Image search: [Google]
1433624735513.png
557KB, 574x769px
>>62136717
I did. It was hiding at a pirated software folder in my torrents.
It's been there for some months..
Should I expect total erase of my internet presence and bank accounts?
>>
How do I clear my history everytime I close chromium?
I don't want to clear my cookies, just my history since I like being logged in my other accounts.
>>
I was told to post this here
Can anyone help? Its a problem booting an old computer
>>>/wsr/370605
>>
>>62137646
You're missing 4pin,it goes directly to your psu
>>
Windows memory diagnostic doesn't detect any memory problems, but I keep getting the BSOD. All I can really think is that I upgraded my RAM recently, and started using a SSD for windows, and two other HDDs for games and shit.

How the fuck do I diagnose this bitch? I'm checking for drivers now
>>
>>62137711
Do you mean the 4 pins that are at the other side of the motherboard?
Check >>>/wsr/370675
>>
so I'm on latest ubuntu gnome, and trying to install awn, and it's nowhere to be found and trying to do it manually just keeps me searching for dependencies manually which is shit. what gives? is awn dead?
>>
>>62137790
As long as it goes to the 24 pin adapter to your psu, yes.
>>
>>62137792
How long does it take for your computer to boot up gnome?
>>
>>62137819
never timed it but less than thirty seconds, why?
>>
>>62137845
Curious. That's kinda long.
>>
File: gfs_2017051800_021_36.75--99.75.png (217KB, 1180x800px) Image search: [Google]
gfs_2017051800_021_36.75--99.75.png
217KB, 1180x800px
how do you guys download your mainstream anime?
>>
>>62137885
nyaa.pantsu.cat or nyaa.si
>>
>>62137807
I never moved those connections but Im gonna try
At least the mobo lights a LED when it notices that the 4 pin cable is missing
>>
>>62137885
torrent
>>
>>62137786
I really need help with this, my searching came up with nothing, I played 7 minutes worth of a game and crashed again
>>
>>62137807
>>62137916
Didnt work
>>
Consider the following:

# mirror a to b on change
function mirror
fswatch $argv[1] | \
while read file;
echo (date "+%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S") "$file"
cp -r $argv[1]* $argv[2]
end
end

When first starting this function, I can exit it with ^C or whatever. I can't do this after it has copied a file. I suspect the issue is with the while loop.
How do I more easily kill/end that function than doing `pkill -f fswatch $argv[1]`? Preferably I'd just press q, but if I can get ^C working that's fine too.
(Fish shell, but shouldn't matter too much for the problem?)
>>
I need to buy a friend a thinkpad, how well a T420 would run simple, old and casual games?

No its not for me, i have a T400 and i dont play games but i accidentally all over his old HP DV laptop and want/need give him a new one.
>>
Wtf is SM Bus Controller and USB Controller and why do they have exclamation marks
>>
>>62138619
Intel proprietary bullshit you dont need.
You probably did a windows install on a PC/Laptop which chipset has no legacy USB support.

Do you have to worry?
No.
Will you need it?
No.
>>
>>62138617
just get whatever thinkpad is configured with simmilar or slightly better specs than what you broke
>>
How do I know what to set my voltage and shit to do my ram doesn't crash my computer? Yes I am a chimp using a pc, no I don't want your banana
>>
>>62138617
>i accidentally all over his old HP DV laptop
what did he mean by this?
>>
how do i delete rules in umatrix?
>>
File: 0_INT.png (144KB, 247x311px) Image search: [Google]
0_INT.png
144KB, 247x311px
Help, after moving some files from Windows to my Loonix partition (used an ext reader for it), now the disk says it's full despite having 20 GBs left.
>>
>>62138098
>>62137786
Pls, drivers are good, voltage is at sticker level, I can't think of anything else that's fucking me up. Normally I get some error saying "can't read some file" but in a dozen different ways
>>
File: wvoP19p.jpg (997KB, 860x1214px) Image search: [Google]
wvoP19p.jpg
997KB, 860x1214px
Trying to remote manage my Raspberry Pi.
What do? (Not ssh tho)
>>
Does this exist?
>tablet form factor (not a 2-in-1)
>m3 7y30 or better CPU
>OLED screen, 1080p or above
>keyboard dock
>USB connectivity
>>
>>62139006
the problem is you used an wxt reader, all of em are shit. you should've just set up a network share or transfered the files from inside linux
>>
>>62138922
That the laptop is FUBAR.
>>
>gpu under load when it should be idle
>run malwarebytes
>nothing detected
it seemed to stop when i terminated steam in the task manager. could it be that i was using steam streaming earlier and it didnt shut off completely or do i have an undetectable crypto miner on my computer somehow?
>>
>>62138229
put an interrupt check for q as its doing its read. if interrupt, exit what its doing.
>>
File: Untitled.png (397KB, 784x539px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
397KB, 784x539px
>>62139136
Your browser might have HW acceleration mode on. Some programs like VLC run your video card on max anyways. But your browser going to use HTML5 for video or even worse, Flash, can put your video card at max speed without HW accel turned off. For me its 324mhz vs 3.5ghz. And even sometimes when you close the offending thing that wanted to run it that fast, it requires a browser restart. I use Firefox though so maybe its different for others.
>>
Daz loader. Where to get the non aids riddled one, and what issues to expect?
>>
>>62139190
i know for a fact that i have hw acceleration. i turned it off a couple days ago when it screwed up videos i was watching
i wasnt watching anything when it was under load either.
>>
>>62139246
*that i have hw acceleration off
>>
File: 1402598980993.png (25KB, 759x551px) Image search: [Google]
1402598980993.png
25KB, 759x551px
>>62139068
>>
>>62139255
I'd watch for when it specifically happens then. Afterburner is good for that, it'll show you what you're at all the time. Like Flash by default, despite browser settings, used HW accel and its not needed at all. Beyond monitoring things closely I don't have a suggestion though.
>>
File: 1471060043191.png (549KB, 806x755px) Image search: [Google]
1471060043191.png
549KB, 806x755px
Is there any estimate of how much storage capacity is used by 4chan at any given moment? Like, the total size of all images, text, and other data?
>>
What's the best router(wireless) for home use that isnt going to cost me a fuckload of money? Yeah I plan on building my own but I dont have space for it right now.
>>
>>62134782
Check if "C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Viewer\PhotoViewer.dll" still exists. If it doesn't then try copying over the folder from a windows image that has it.
>>
>>62139137
It isn't very clear to me how to do this. Do I use trap? I can't seem to get that to work. Solutions that do manual checking for key events seem overly verbose/complex.
>>
>>62139068
SSH.
>>
What's the name of that program that activates windows? I used it years ago and just did a fresh install for a friend, I can't even begin to think of the name
>>
>>62139327
https://www.4chan.org/
It says "active content" near the bottom.
>>
>>62139085
Any idea how to fix this?
>>
>>62127462
you're probably best off reinstalling windows cause you fucked something up
>>
File: 1900.jpg (8KB, 300x170px) Image search: [Google]
1900.jpg
8KB, 300x170px
>>62139403
i don't know much about that languge, but thats how i interrupt loops. the loop does a check to see if an integer changed. inter change comes from somewhere else like your key press. if key press, return; or w/e your languages equiv of that is.

>>62139398
i bought a wrt1900acs which is a modern wrt56gl from over a decade ago. flash it with ddwrt and its been fantastic so far.

>>62139453
daz loader

>>62137196
someone answer my appchanx question pls
>>
>>62128035
Regarding the PSU it doesn't matter as long as there is sufficient airflow. If you have catalyst or some dumb shit like that installed just uninstall it but regardless it should't effect anything as long as you have the proper NVIDIA drivers installed
>>
what's the best way to package and send someone text with large photos that are present but not too invasive?

I want to show high resolution references for something that are expandable but tiny until clicked on. does pdf support thumbnails? any good google doc/xml type resource?
>>
>>62128266
My i5-3570k is still running at 5.16ghz to this day and it's more than enough for anything
>>
>>62139482
>wrt1900acs
anything that isn't $200?
>>
>>62129089
qbittorent has this feature
>>
>>62129745
botnet
>>
>>62139587
anything in that whole range that supports dd-wrt. the only reason i spent a bit more, mine was $120, not $200, was because it was supposed to be a true new version of the old wrt series which were fantastic, 11 years ago. just make sure it takes dd-wrt, has an active community (check their forums) and enough hardware for what you want. i'm not sure whats cheaper these days but after having this for 8 months, it was a great replacement for my old router.
>>
>>62134914
most decent laptops will just cut power to the battery when it's fully charged so it wont damage it at all to leave it plugged in. Older laptops did have that problem I remember though
>>
Anyone have any tips on how to make a secure password that's easy to remember? Are acronyms safe? Is the minimum recommended length still 8 or has it gone up (if it even matters anymore)?
>>
>>62139453
For 8/10, Microsoft Toolkit.
>>
File: password_strength[1].png (91KB, 740x601px) Image search: [Google]
password_strength[1].png
91KB, 740x601px
>>62139698
>>
>>62139828
I don't understand why it would make it harder for a script to guess "correcthorsebatterystaple" over "Tr0ub4dor&3"? Is it solely based on the size of the string?
>>
>>62139398
one that can use the latest version of open wrt
https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/views/toh_minimal_all?dataflt%5B0%5D=supported%20current%20rel_%3D15.05.1
>>
>>62139828
this is dumb. I forget the artists name but he's a fag.
>>
>>62139953
Yes. More entropy = takes longer to guess.
>>
>>62139953
TLDR; because you don't know the length of a password

think of it like a combination bike lock, using numbers and weird symbols only means the script has to include them (adding very little time per character), adding length multiplies the amount of combinations by the number of available characters, which is much more effective.

there is something to be said about dictionary attacks but a long password is always going to be stronger than a complicated short one
>>
File: Capture.png (32KB, 385x519px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
32KB, 385x519px
i only use visual studio for simple c# console/winform apps. which of these monstrosities can i remove without breaking visual studio? is this documented anywhere by some brave experimenter?
>>
>>62130923
i would recommend getting the 4GiB card, even if it's a bit slower
the reason being that some modern games see 2GiB as a bare minimum
i'm still using a 2GiB card myself, playerunknown's battleground for example struggles to run on it, i have to keep resolution and draw distance low for a decent framerate, and even then it chokes when turning around
>>
Any good PDF viewing software?
I'm trying to read this book and I want to be able to read it with two pages on the screen, not one by one.
I've tried ice cream ebook reader and it was perfect, but you need to pay to use fullscreen after 1 minute which is annoying.
>>
>>62139953
the comic literally explains why one is better than the other
>>
>>62139828
>people /g/ defend this comic
Not even reddit falls for this.
>>
>>62140256
sorry but did you work for nasa like xkcd did?? no? stfu then bro
>>
>>62140281
And here is nu/g/ now
>>
>>62140303
i've been on 4chan since 2001 you fucking newfag
>>
File: 1429756730758[2].png (1MB, 4084x3912px) Image search: [Google]
1429756730758[2].png
1MB, 4084x3912px
I built a good-ish pc for playing games like a dumbass and it's taking all my free time. what do i do with it, no one on Craigslist wants it.

i thought about mining cryptocurrency but it would be very slow. Is my best bet selling it somewhere like ebay?

gtx 1070, i5-6500, 16g, 120SSD&1tbHDD
>>
>>62140337
list the gtx and i5 on craigslist and ebay. keep the ram and storage. nobody is dumb enough to buy your used hard drive, and your 120gb ssd is worthless now.
>>
>>62140363
as far as the power supply you need to open it up, plug it in, and put one finger on each hand across the little nubs underneath one of the big cylinders labelled "500v". this dumps residual charge from your time using it so you can resell it as basically new.
>>
>>62139953
given the same rules, bigger = better
but this also comparing different rules
namely one is shorter, but more obfuscated, and the other trades obfuscation for more unobfuscated words, pointing out that it's easier for a human to remember more plain words over fewer obfuscated words, while not making it easier to crack
at a glance it seems like something like four common words would be quick to crack, but there are a lot of common words
even with a small dictionary of day, 1000 words, with four of them you'd have;
1000^4=1,000,000,000,000
possible combinations, and this assumes an attacker knows how many words you use, and has the same dictionary of words as you used (aka, best case scenario for the attacker)
>>
>>62140402
What the fuck dude, I did this and now my dick won't go soft.
>>
>>62140449
that'll wear off in a few hours or next time you masturbate.
>>
PC says its using 70% of (16GB) memory when it isn't doing fuck all.The numbers just don't add up in task manager.
Possibly related: Recently let windows give me the creators update. I knew I should have kept telling it to fuck off.
>>
>>62140194
calibre is what you want
>>
>>62140487
install seven
>>
File: android.png (356KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
android.png
356KB, 1000x1000px
How do I remove the botnet from my new android phone? It has a bloat of normie shit preinstalled.
>>
>>62140719
install a rom.
>>
How much distance should their be between the rear of my case and a wall or some other obstacle to ensure that exhaust airflow isn't impeded?
>>
>>62140719
install custom rom or do to settings > apps
pick a bloatware app and disable it if possible.
you should be able to get rid of most of the big ones.
>>
>>62139828
>dictionary attacks
well there goes your super entropy shit password
>>
>>62140951
>>62141294
And these aren't Chinese or Russian botnets?
>>
what makes faster ram better than slower ram?
>>
>>62141349
speed
>>
>>62141351
in what way?
wouldn't the speed depend on your hdd/ssd read/write speed?
>>
This is saging but wondering if anybody could help me find where to learn about managing/setting up blade servers.
>>
I use a Moto Z Play with a 32 GB micro sd card, want to upgrade memory and found a good price on a 64 gb microSDHC

My phone will support microSDHC if it supports micro SD right?
>>
>>62141346
AOSP is already a google botnet
>>
I'm ready to nuke my computer and buy a new one, I don't even care about the parts and shit I put together anymore
>fresh install of windows 7
>get bsod 15 minutes after 1st startup
>OK, go to update drivers
>try to download tools so I can read dump files
>have 500 free gigs, windows sdk claims not enough space on disc
Fuck it
Fuck it
Fuck it
Fuck it
I'm buying a fucking mac or I'll just re-nuke this fucking thing and go to windows 10
I already know that won't fix anything
Fuck it
>>
So ipv6 addresses wont work on my SOCKS5 connection. I'm using an Amazon EC2 server with Ubuntu 16 and Dante v1.4.1, which doesn't support ipv6. Is there any alternative software to Dante you guys suggest? My primary goal is to get qBittorrent proxying over it, but this lack of IPV6 connectivity is preventing trackers from working.
>>
>>62141883
Subscribed
>>
>>62141883
just try installing ubuntu, if that works then go from there.
>>
what's a decent UPS i can get? i just need it to hold my pc and monitor so i can shut it off if shit fucks up

sudden heatwave is fucking the power here
>>
>>62141971
Qft works
>>
File: 20170828_202519.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170828_202519.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
What's wrong with my LED tv? There's a black band going across it and I don't know the reason why.
>>
>>62142137
Might be backlight LED failure.
>>
So I just installed Void with XFCE as my DE. Whenever I logout, it just hangs. All the GUI elements and the mouse will disappear usually disappear (with windows sometimes staying visible), but my background will stay visible and there is nothing I can do except a hard shutdown. Any ideas? It also takes like 5 - 10 seconds to start up compared to less than a second on Alpine and Gentoo, but that's much less of an issue.
Thread posts: 351
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.