[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/ i think i fucked up... I accedently spilled a glass of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: spill-on-pc.jpg (21KB, 240x184px) Image search: [Google]
spill-on-pc.jpg
21KB, 240x184px
Hey /g/ i think i fucked up... I accedently spilled a glass of water on my mobo. like a quarter of the water. I have cleaned it with a fluffy towel inorder to soak up the water. i have tried restarting it arround 5 times but it doesnt seem to work. Im gonna try to use a hot hairdryer to dry it really well and then restart the pc once again. Anything else i can try?

>pic unrelated
>>
It's fucking dead you moron. It was dead the moment it was both wet and powered on at the same time.
>>
>>62117293
bake it at 325° for 4-6 hours
>>
Why would you drink a glass of water around open electronics?
>>
>>62117293
It's almost certainly dead. If by some miracle you convince it to turn on again, you can never fully trust it again since liquid damage can cause random, transient failures and corruption. The same goes, unfortunately, for other connected components (CPU, RAM, GPU, whatever).

Time to build a new PC.
>>
>>62117348
>>62117457
I think i should try cleaning the athor components like the gpu and cpu with some paper and a bit of water to clean them and try to restart avgain just incase. im gonna do that now
>>
>>62117505
No, you caused a short when you powered it on while it was wet. You should replace it even if you do get it to work.
>>
>>62117505
No, it's dead. It's broken. Replace it before you break even more shit.
>>
Dissassemble it and let the parts dry. Buy isopropyl alcohol in spray form and an ESD brush. Spray alcohol and lightly brush all the elements. Let dry.

Doesn't hurt to try, I guess.
>>
have you tried putting it in your ass?
>>
>>62117293
sometimes a phone will recover from water damage if you put it in a bag of dry rice overnight
>>
>>62117544
>>62117538

Alright guys i have just finished up cleaning all the pc parts using water and dry pieces of paper. every single part. I will now put all the parts back in the pc together again and try to boot. i also used a bit of spray soap since the some parts where starting to dust like the 1070 i had in there. Will report results back
>>
>>62118229
Obviously trying to b8. Try >>/v/ next time
>>
>>62117293
try not being retarded
until then keep phoneposting
>>
>>62118036
I had a s7 recover for no reason. Camera was foggy for a day when it came back.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.