[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the difference between C, C++ and C#? I never learned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: photo_2017-08-26_12-22-09.jpg (143KB, 853x1280px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2017-08-26_12-22-09.jpg
143KB, 853x1280px
What's the difference between C, C++ and C#?
I never learned any of those and they seem to be very popular.
>>
>>62096509
C is the base language, no OO.
C++ is an attempt at making OO
C# is another attempt at making it OO and slow, but safer than C++.
>>
>>62096523
>C
Also known as "portable AMS"
>C++
Adds OOP, every c program is a valid c++ program
>C#
Adds memory safety and a few nice features (has a drawback draw back, it runs on a tin VM)
>>
C is an old high level language built for embedded systems and drivers (usually) but it can be used for anything.

C++ Is a high level language that incorporates object oriented programming, quite fast but unsafe.

C# is slower but safer than C++ but it's safer.
>>
>>62096509
C is a relatively low-level language used in systems and embedded programming
C++ is a bloated, object-oriented C extension
C# is microsoft's Java clone. the name is just a marketing schtick
>>
So C++ is the way to go?
>>
>>62096662
Learn C first and the way things are done in C, then you learn C++, otherwise you might fall for some retarded coding religion that makes you make unreadable messes.
>>
>>62096755
I do Perl, some Python and R. Is syntax much different?
>>
>>62096855
You will do alright.
Everything but lisp and forth are clones of the algol.
>>
File: Untitled.png (5KB, 440x367px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
5KB, 440x367px
>>
>>62096915
What does the Pajeet measure?

P.S. Why MS Paint and not R?
>>
>>62096915
This implies that something could conceivably be both good and pajeet at the same time.
>>
C and R best girls.
>>
>>62096915

> C++
> Pajeet

???
>>
>>62096560
asm*
>>
>>62097192
Its the Java of the C family
Or it was, until C# came along
>>
>>62096929
Pajeet measures how pajeet a language is.
>>
>>62096560
>Every c program is a valid c++ program
Incorrect. C++ isn't a true superset of C, so one must tell the compiler to compile the C parts of a C++ program as C.
>>
>>62097286
No way...
>>
Is it worth learning if I already can write programs in Perl, Python and R tho.

(If we consider R as an programming language that is)
>>
>Python
>Snakes
>>
>>62098019
What will you use?
A giant foot?
>>
>>62096509
C is portable assembly.
C++ is C but with a load of other shit heaped on over the years to the point where it became unrecognizable.
C# isn't like C or C++. It's a Microsoft version of Java.
>>
>>62096509
Tfw no Lisp waifu
>>
>>62096755
should i learn c if im using c# java and had prevjous experience in viaual basic?
>>
>>62096523
C# is slower than C, but it's still fast enough for anything that isn't a game engine, a numerical simulation, or an operating system (~99% of applications).

C# has speed where it really counts: developer productivity.
>>
>>62100454
C will have some familiar syntax if you're coming from C# or java, but breaking out of the OO mindset will take some work and manual memory management is a wild beast that will take time and practice to master.
>>
C# has nothing to do with C or C++, its not even in the same category of languages (compiled versus bytecode-compiled.) Its a disgrace Microsoft would even hint at this disgusting Java-copy to have anything to do with something as beautiful, elegant and fast as C.
>>
>>62101533
it's all about marketing bro
>C++ ++? Sounds good to me
>>
>>62101573
more like C--------
>>
>>62096509
C is a good language, the others are not.
>>
>>62101641
all languages are shit, it's a question of what's the least shit
>>
>>62096915
delete this;
>>
>>62101715
Don't talk shit about my langfu.
>>
>>62101825
Your langfu is ugly.
>>
>>62096509
C and Haskell are debased by the inflated attention from /g/ and the shitty code from /dpt/ posters.
>>
>>62101915
No, take a that back she is perfect.
>>
c is best girl
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.