[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you or do you know anyone who has ever accidentally bought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Ubuntu_17.04_English.png (296KB, 1200x960px) Image search: [Google]
Ubuntu_17.04_English.png
296KB, 1200x960px
Have you or do you know anyone who has ever accidentally bought a computer with Linux pre-installed?
>>
>>62090455
That's like a jew giving his gold away
>>
Yes I've met some.
>>
>>62090455
Yeah I've known some. It used to be kind of common with the Asus Eee PC, as I recall.
>>
>>62090455
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qj8p-PEwbI
>>
>>62090455
never seen one, it makes me sad
>>
Yes. I got an Asus eeePC with a custom version of debian on it. It was shit, and I replaced it with Ubuntu the first time that it crashed. That was back in the gnome2 days, so Ubuntu ran really well on it.
>>
>>62090455
Bought Dell Inspiron with Ubuntu installed, works pretty good.
>>
>>62091481
delet

>I want windows on my laptop
>Included OS: Ubuntu
>BUY!
holy shit women are bad with computers

kek, she needed to use a Verizon CD to get on her internet!!

she deserves not to have a computer
>>
to be quite honest, I would actually pay a few dollars more for a laptop with a non-ubuntu *nix distribution on it in place of windows or ubuntu, just because im autistic like that
>>
>>62091481
This makes me irrationally angry.
>>
>>62091481
>>62092312
Dell told her the truth tho.
It can do pretty much anything a windows can.
they just didnt say you had to be around a lvl 6 multiclass Autist-Geel do be able to properly use it without needing to roll natual 20's
>>
>>62090455
I wish we could for cheap. I'd like a System76 but they should be a few hundred dollars cheaper considering they're a sager/clevo
>>
>>62090455
I bought a Toshiba Cromebook 2, which I guess used a linux kernel.

I still wiped it, opened it up and jumped the write-protection, and installed seabios and a full distro though.
>>
>>62090555
>>62092157

Came here to post that. Yep friends eepc a decade ago. A good idea in theory but possibly killed off the palmtop formfactor until GPD. Not Linux fault though the hardware was rediculously gimped.
>>
>>62092492
I bought a ThinkCentre or something and I did the same thing. I installed GalliumOS and it's hooked up to my TV. Basically use it to watch shit or play games on Retroarch.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.