[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lmao @ you if you're getting into Cisco today or recently.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1497277225967.jpg (28KB, 964x409px) Image search: [Google]
1497277225967.jpg
28KB, 964x409px
lmao @ you if you're getting into Cisco today or recently.

White-boxing is going to replace Cisco in the next few years (definitely after two years)
Automation, especially SDN, will annihiliate Cisco within the next 5 years.

Hope you sysadmins and network engineers can program, or you're fucked and will spend your time unemployed unless you want to clean my toilet.
>>
>>62082914
source?
this is worrying news for me.
>>
>>62083038
SDN is like cloud was 5-6 years ago. Everyone's talking about it and the hype wants you to believe everyone's doing it. However in reality very few have actually successfully implemented it.
Also many that have implemented it, like cloud, have done so in a hybrid manor. Using SDN controllers to automate management but still relying on existing routing and switching protocols to do the actual work. I think this is the way it'll work for most people. Those of us that are big but not Facebook or Google big don't have the resource to write our own protocols, we still need to understand how BGP and OSPF work to design and build networks even if they are going to be automated with SDN.
Another thing to remember is networking isn't about datacenters alone. Enterprise LAN/WAN operations will likely still involve service providers as well as internal infrastructure and don't lend themselves to SDN as well as an all virtual datacenter.
ISPs and carriers also still need CCIEs. The internet is going to run on BGP for many years to come because it requires a universal standard for route exchange. Something SDN doesn't have yet, and something that to a degree goes against the concept of SDN.
Doing a CCIE now will get you a few renewals out of it before you'd need to worry about SDN taking over. That's also assuming Cisco don't create a CCIE track for SDN (one would assume to replace the current DC track)
>>
>>62083038
Source: MY ASS
>>
>>62083911
>source?
>doesn't post source, instead prefers to write paragraphs based on speculation and mostly bullshit

Never change 4chan.
>>
>>62082914
Good luck.

Sdn won't work in industrial enviroments.

Eat a cock you ignorant fuck.
>>
>>62082914
>le software is better than hardware
>>
>>62082914
>He Doesn't Know About Gartner's Hype Cycle
Looks like the jokes on you OP. How does it feel to be this ignorant.
>>
>>62085668
>>62085279
>>62085263
t. Cisco
>>
>>62086512

Do you have a chromosomal abnormality?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.