[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

where were you when amd boosted the entire graphics industry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: UkXwZQJiOGyMyo9I.jpg (50KB, 580x404px) Image search: [Google]
UkXwZQJiOGyMyo9I.jpg
50KB, 580x404px
where were you when amd boosted the entire graphics industry?

This is the latest report from Jon Peddie Research on the GPUs used in PCs. It is reporting on the results of Q2'17 GPU shipments world-wide. Overall GPU shipments increased 7.2% from last quarter, AMD increased 8% Nvidia increased 10% and Intel, increased 6%. Year-to-year total GPU shipments increased 6.4%, desktop graphics increased 5%, notebooks increased 7%.

the q overall
https://www.techpowerup.com/img/4foXIfwCk8FsGd8V.jpg
>>
Duh?
AMD can't make enough cards to fill the fucking miner demand.
>>
File: 1501944059454.png (174KB, 696x678px) Image search: [Google]
1501944059454.png
174KB, 696x678px
>>62077457
and they manage to loose money in the process the apu share went down 22%
literally everyone went down yet somehow amd managed to make money out of the miners while the descrete gpu went also down

its like the eth was made specifically to run perfect only on amd cards (insert shifty meme face here)
>>
>>62077487
AMD only keeps losing money because of their debt.
>>
>>62077936
with 18% increase YoY i doubt its the debt
its their stupid decision to combine apu's with gpu's and cpu's with compute in general and that means also gpu's
>>
>>62077964
AMD is directing new profits into debt and R&D, they said so during their analyst day.
Most importantly they increased r&d by 20% IIRC
>>
>>62077999
>all dat cashmoney going into zen2 and 3

It's gun be awesome.
>>
>>62077964

I personally think that this is largely a pure marketing fuck up: normies don't know what an APU is. Outside of geek communities such as /g/, normie space pretty much grasps that there is a thing called a "CPU" and it needs a thing called a "graphics card," and many of them even know that a "GPU" is, like, related to "graphics card." Or something.

"APU" is an unknown, moonspeak acronym and a complete mystery as to what it is, does, and how to incorporate it into a system build/install. Quite literally, almost nobody knows that APUs exist or how to use them, or even why they might be important.

I've given up trying to explain to people that some motherboards come with connections for monitors because they use a CPU/APU thingie that doesn't need a graphics card. When they hear that installing a graphics card on a system like that disables the video ports on the motherboard, they get pretty pissed that they are paying for something that they can't use, or that it can't be upgraded.

The industry created a black magic dongle thingie with no explanation as to what it is and the vast majority of the target market ignores it because it's a mystery thingie with no definition or use. About the most that normies get out of it is that Apu is a character on The Simpsons and there is no connection that it is related to computers in any way.
>>
>>62078282
APUs have been around for a long time. People including normalfags know exactly what one is by now.
>>
>>62079700
Lmao what. No they don't
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.