[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yesterday there was a guy posting pic related, ive been reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1503579984235.png (2MB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1503579984235.png
2MB, 2880x1800px
Yesterday there was a guy posting pic related, ive been reading a lot of hype about nightly and have some general question about macOS. Ive been using chrome in past, then i discovered how they monitor everything, i tried to switch to safari mainly because im running macbook air and safari is well optimised for battery and performance. But My problem with all the default Apple apps is that they are really good and user friendly for an average Joe. That’s where they excell, but I want to fiddle with stuff, hence I want to change to something else. >inb4 install XYZ distroIm not that far, I don’t want to learn every piece of my OS and spend this much time learning so many new ways of doing things, i just want to customize and im bothered by this google shenanigans.
Question 1:
> If i set up Nightly like pic related, isnt it a problem that i still run OSX and cannot know if stuff isnt collected on that level?> What is the browser of your choosing on macOS and why
>>
>>62077310
>No Script lite
Why?
>>
>>62077344
Full NoScript isn't available for FF57+ yet.
>>
>>62077310
why didn't you post in >>62069317
could it be that you're an attention whore?
>>
>>62077354
How is that an excuse?

At any rate, no, you can't guarantee that any closed source OS isn't spying on you. Past that, you can't guarantee the physical hardware you are using (like your CPU) isn't spying on you.

I don't use MacOS for this reason.
>>
>doesnt want his browser to spy on him
>uses macos
>>
>>62077596
well i had mac before i came to this conclusion and i dont want to jump straight to unknown system, hence going slow, starting with browser and learning stuff
>>
>>62077310
what a cowinky-dink
>>
>>62077596
Macs are fucking garbage and I hate them, but I've still used a macbook air as my daily driver for years now.
I always took the spying for granted, but now that I think about it, MacOS doesn't have telemetry, keystroke logging, or any of that windows shit.
>>
>>62078101
>MacOS doesn't have telemetry, keystroke logging, or any of that windows shit.
HAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA MY FUCKING SIDESSSSSSS DUDE
>>
>>62078074
how did you get an image of your post before you posted it? are you hacking 4chan?
>>
>>62078168
I'm a moderator
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.