[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apps keep installing themselves on my phone, I have unknown sources

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: Capture+_2017-08-19-20-15-02.png (1MB, 1415x738px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-08-19-20-15-02.png
1MB, 1415x738px
Apps keep installing themselves on my phone, I have unknown sources turned off and have uninstalled them all fully. I turned off automatic updates and deleted all backups of these apps. I even sent the app companies emails to tell them to fix the problem. Now gmail crashes whenever I send one of the apps that installs an email. Wtf. I have never installed any of these apps on my own.
>>
>>62074308
>Now gmail crashes whenever I send one of the apps that installs an email.

Do you have, oh I don't know, a fucking computer to write your emails?
>>
>>62074317
no, I'm sure he's got countless AIDS-tier viruses on that, too.
op: stay away from technology at all costs.
>>
>>62074308
Get pawned faggot
>>
More concerned that gmail is giving me trouble than worried about sending them an email.

>>62074317
>>
>>62074308
Do you have any ES apps still installed?
Have you updated them?

Reminder that *ALL* ES apps are literal botnet now.
>>
Mybe you forgot to log off you account on some coputer and some one is fucking with you, i installed my friend like 15 diffrend fleshlight apps when i saw he didnt log off
>>
>>62074308
Just give it to your son, grandpa, he knows what to do.
>>
>>62074356
I just looked it up. Is an ES app a file browser?
>>
>>62074356
What if I have the file browser from a year or two ago? It's useful as an FTP browser.
>>
>>62074406
It's also botnet.
>>
>>62074406
use AndFTP
retard.
>>
MAN IM THE MIDDLE ATTACK
Someone is installing shit on your phone and devices, probably watching yo through your webcam and probably restream it for the lulz.

Install dnscrypt ( https://simplednscrypt.org ).
Install dnscrypt on the router too ( https://wiki.openwrt.org/inbox/dnscrypt ).
If they got access to his modem and/or router he's gonna keep getting MITM'd, no amount of clean installs will help him until he install the program I mentioned and no anti malware tool will detect anything because, well, it's not a virus per se, his DNS were changed by probably some browser script. https://www.digitaltrends.com/web/javascript-malware-mobile/
Dont use default passwords on your router and modem. Golden rule.
Use NoScript on your browser.
Install DNScrypt everywhere you can, ideally on the router but I still keep running simplednscrypt on top of that just in case.
Good luck.
>>
>>62074900
I thought your friend was the one with this problem that's why I said he and she. I was reading another thread and shit got mixed up in my head.
>>
>>62074914
It's okay anon, thank you for being such a nice person and providing useful info instead of just shitposting like 90% of /g/tards here. You must be an amazing person irl. I hope you have an extra nice day/night.
>>
File: Metaverse_Navigator.png (235KB, 578x578px) Image search: [Google]
Metaverse_Navigator.png
235KB, 578x578px
this app keeps installing itself on my phone. what do i do?
>>
>>62074900
How can I turn the tables on him?
>>
>>62074406
It has probably been updating itself in the background.
>>
>>62075266
I dont know if you can track who is running a malicious DDNS server at certain time.
Contact the police.
>>
>>62075377
What do I tell them?
>>
>>62075377
It seems that you may be busy but I want to thank you for your help.
Thank you. You have been a great help. Have a good day.
>>
>>62074308
my iPhone Air Pro 9S with Retina Display does not have this problem.
>>
>>62074308
>the idiot bought a chinese phone

Throw it awau
>>
>>62074308
It's most likely one of the carrier apps on your phone doing it. You might wanna root and get something like Titanium Backup and freeze all carrier apps besides the important ones. You don't need root if you have a Samsung phone with KNOX installed though.

If not, reset your phone to stock.
>>
>>62076330
I have done several factory resets and the problem persists.
>>
>>62076357
What phone is it?

Might be a carrier app if you live in the US. What apps do you have installed anyway?
>>
>>62076330
This. Those apps installed on your phone seem to be the """trendy""" new apps made by companies with a larger marketing budget ratio than apple could ever dream of. Reflashing your ROM does nothing when the "malware" is within one of the carrier apps itself. Get a custom ROM for your phone or debloat it through any method you like.

>>62074900
Take off your tinfoil hat for a moment and realize nobody in this world who would be competent enough to target install a RAT on a phone just to do free marketing for some random company overseas, would bother trolling some random person who's 99% likely to be a normie or some village pajeet who can't tell the difference anyway. Realize that your concerns are ungrounded in reality and that just because you aren't interesting enough to be getting tailored malware on your devices doesn't make you any more justified in fear mongering OP. Nothing wrong with dnscrypt, but that wouldn't solve the problem in any way.
>>
>>62074308
Android, folks. Worst that can happen on iOS is downloading a U2 song you didn’t want
>>
>>62077177
>Worst that can happen on iOS is downloading a U2 song you didn’t want
And deleting all your music.
>>
Run malwarebytes.
>>
Someone's logged into one of your google accounts and is installing apps
>>
>>62077272
Already doing that but it doesnt pick anything up.
>>
You have a Verizon phone, am I right? There's this app in the system apps called DT Ignite, disable it. Doesn't matter if you're on Verizon or not, just that the phone is from Verizon.
>>
>>62074308
this final fantasy is such a trash game
>>
>>62075543
"CIA niggers are spying on me"
>>
>>62075015
Summon Satan obviously
>>
>>62074308
#justandroidthings
>>
>>62074308
Just reinstall android
>>
>>62076357
Flash the official ROM for your device. That should wipe everything. Just don't root your phone because that will give the malware root access if it's already mimicking a system app.
>>
>>62074356
>tfw I finally uninstalled ES File Manager
>tfw getting a good file manager on f-droid is stupid easy while getting one through Play Store is ridiculous due to market flooded with shady apps
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.