[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>make an iPhone that runs stock Android >have all the neat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (67KB, 470x556px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 470x556px
>make an iPhone that runs stock Android
>have all the neat features, like IR blasters, wireless charging, AMOLED 4K display, and a big battery
>get Google to give it the newest updates first

It’s all I’m asking for, Tim.
>>
>have all the neat features, like IR blasters, wireless charging, AMOLED 4K display, and a big battery

That's not an iPhone. An iPhone has "courage"
>>
>>62074300
So basically you want an Android phone with an Apple logo on it?
Just get an Apple sticker off eBay and stick it on a Samsung. Problem Solvered.
>>
>>62074300
nah famo that's like all fucked

>make iso have nova launcher
>make iso easily customizable system wide
>easy software installation from unknown sources
>then make any phone to be able to run it

Bonus: make some software that syncs the notification real time like with macOS, for windows and linux
>>
File: 1478769995520.webm (3MB, 405x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478769995520.webm
3MB, 405x720px
>>62074300
>>have all the neat features
>>
>>62074300
See Google Pixel.
>>
>>62074300
>give my 5'' screen 4K resolution so I can needlessly waste battery life and enjoy shittier performance because being able to see pixels if I press my face up to the display gives me PTSD and I only buy a phone so I can jerk off to big numbers
Nah, I'm glad he doesn't listen to you autistic faggots.
>>
>>62074863
they totally stole that feature from Samsung.
>>
Now anon, one of the biggest mission statements of Apple is their connection between hardware and software. This statement used to be carried by every company, but ever since the MS-Monopoly, every big manufacturer just flashes the latest Android ROM or Windows version and call it a day. The reason why iOS runs so well, though, is because it was made for the iPhone it runs, and nothing more. Put iOS on any flagship phone with similar specs and it would run, at best, slightly worse than Android.

Personally, I wish more companies would develop in-house OS' for their products, using simple compatibility layers to run other systems while optimizing for their hardware and nothing more. That's too much work for the modern pajeet, however, so i'll keep my pipe dream to myself.
>>
>>62075708
all that would do is create vendor lock-in nightmares and also absolutely fuck you over if your chosen platform went downhill, there's a reason we learned from our mistakes in the '80s and '90s, and with our reliance on cloud meme shit and other retardation in the modern era it would be even worse if you lost access to those services

Shittle can handle it because they can command a significant marketshare on their own, if every little mom and pop manufacturer was attempting to design their own platform from scratch it would be god awful

but you're not really wrong in some ways though, it would be great if vendors still tried to set their devices apart on something other than the numbers on the price tag
>>
>>62074644

>>make iso have nova launcher
What
>>make iso easily customizable system wide
What
>>easy software installation from unknown sources
Android has this already
>>then make any phone to be able to run it
Wat
>Bonus: make some software that syncs the notification real time like with macOS, for windows and linux
KDE Connect
>>
>>62075655
One of the features that apple actually had first.
>>
>>62074300
So you want an Android phone.

Why not buy one then?
>>
OnePlus 5
Coolpad Cool M7
>>
>>62074300
Sooo the new Pixel basically? (minus the IR bullshit, get your ass out of the 90s anon)
>>
>>62074300
Android hahahahahahaha
>>
>>62074300
just buy a oneplus 5
>>
>>62074300
I just wish they let other manufacturers use their chips. Otherwise iPhones are garbage.
>>
>>62074370
the samsung logo is still on the front of my device and when I boot the phone
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.