[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, /g/. I need to know what to do. My ISP emailed my family

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: bossofthisgym.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
bossofthisgym.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
Ok, /g/. I need to know what to do.
My ISP emailed my family today that someone was in violation of the DMCA, and now they're threatening to cut service in 4 days if we don't call the copyright office. What do?
>>
stop living in a cucked shithole with no freedom
>>
>>62074157
you were hacked
>>
Call the copyright office
>>
File: IMG_3144.jpg (71KB, 750x542px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3144.jpg
71KB, 750x542px
>>62074157
Don't do it anon, you can always pretend you never got the notice. You can't pretend that you didn't call them.
Also, how many notices have you received so far?
>>
>>62074157
nevar admit to anything anon
>>
if you posted this from same computer then DMCA warning then youre fucked either way, cause they can use the thread as you posted as evidence against you in court

OP got REKT and REKT gud, also which country ??
>>
Don't call, calling means you admit you did it, right now you have plausible deniability
>>
File: 1485886098705.png (52KB, 318x308px) Image search: [Google]
1485886098705.png
52KB, 318x308px
>>62074157

>be American
>pirate shitty film
>ISP gives out my private info to hostile third-party trying to make back money for a box-office flop
>have to go to McDonalds Court™
>The plaintiff sponsors free McDonalds™ McCafé™ to the jury for a conviction
>pay $10 000 fine
>judge orders me to tip 10%
>means I have to tip 15%
>tip 20%
>everyone in the courtroom stands up and claps

At least they're not taking away muh guns xddd
>>
>>62074930
lol Muhrigun amirite
>>
>>62074930
>get called back in because I didn't say 25%
>>
>>62074157
Ignore it. If you're gonna put it in the trash shred it. Better off burning it if you're really paranoid. Otherwise just stick it in a drawer.
>>
>>62074157
FAKE
You are being scammed, pranked, and fucked around.
>>
sounds like a scam
whats the number they told you to call?
>>
Throw that letter in the trash and pretend it never happened
>>
>>62074157
>this shit actually happens in some places
>>
>>62074157
must suck to be american
>>
It's a scam. Ignore it.

Copyright lawyers don't send emails.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.