[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will Project Treble save Android's laughable update policy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Treble.png (249KB, 1200x651px) Image search: [Google]
Treble.png
249KB, 1200x651px
Will Project Treble save Android's laughable update policy or will it be a fucking meme forever?
>>
i guess we'll know in 2020 when oreo devices will have any market penetration
>>
its hilarious how this has gone

1. first it was terrible hardware
2. then we had a glut of overpowered phones trying to use ram to solve the jankiness of software
3. now that the software is good none of the phone companies want to update
>>
>>62066339
nokia phones are getting an oreo update supposedly. if they do it before the end of the year Im gonna get one.
>>
>>62066401
can you blame them, android development has been at standstill for several years now. unless you're excited by new emoji and superficial shit like that, last update that meant anything was 5.0, everything else was p much chair shuffling.
>>
Samsung and others companies will always add hit software to the stock android.
If LineageOS was on every smartphone android would be even more popular (and appreciated).
>>
>>62067355
>this is what basement-dwelling NEETs actually believe
Samsung was the first to implement multi-window and picture-in-picture. It took literally *years* for AOSP to catch up.
>>
>>62064344
I'm pretty sure MediaTek will find a way to fuck this up for everyone.
>>
>>62067355
Samsung is the exclusive reason android is popular.
You stockfags really need to head outside once in a while.
>>
>>62064344
Some dumb fuck at samsung will say "vendor interface is not enough for us" and nothing will change. Same happened to A/B partition scheme.
>>
>>62067779
It amazed me samsung is even number 1 android seller. It should be HTC.
>>
>>62067729
And it took years to actually people still don't use it.
>>62067779
Temporarily replaced mom's S7 with my LG G2 running RR, she genuinely thinks it's more powerful.
>>
>>62064344
It's impossible to say right now as information about how it's being accomplished hasn't been released. It could mean that the entire framework and everything above the vendor interface is just all the software that runs in user mode/privileged user mode, with the potential of all vendors now locking down everything that runs in kernel mode.
>>
>>62064344
Isn't this already what Lineage OS sort've does?
They can dev current android for devices that the chipset vendor abandoned many android versions ago.
I mean for fucks sake even the Galaxy SII is getting Android O
>>
>>62067809
its the marketing power! normies don't know about HTC
>>
>>62067871
How cute is your mom though?
>>
But I though Android was going to be replaced by Fuchsia?
>>
>>62069080
Fuchsia will replace Linux in Android.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.