[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greetings, /g/entlemen After playing the role of tech suppor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: product_1376.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
product_1376.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
Greetings, /g/entlemen
After playing the role of tech support for no charge whatsoever for my uncle's for more a decade, he decided to be a good soul and got me a pre-packaged HP desktop as a gesture of gratitude

Should've asked me before getting something tech-related, but can't blame the old sport

Anyway, it's says on the product info that it is an HP 406 G1 MT Bussiness PC, so I'm probably guessing he got me a PC from his workplace. It's got Intel core i7 4770 CPU @3.40 GHz (8 CPUS), a single 4gb 1600mhz RAM module and Intel HD graphics 4600 (shows 1792 MB approx in dxdiag)
What's the verdict? What things am I capable of running with such an configuration? Also, I intend to upgrade my rig with 4 more gigs of ram and an Nvidia GTX 1050ti OC edition. But I got some doubts:
1. This shit is under warranty from hp, so will opening the case to insert the new parts void my warranty? Heard hp has been quite jewish with their warranty practices in the past
2. Will this support the aforementioned graphic card?
Here's the manual for this shit
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04582973
The PSU requirement checks out but I'm skeptical about the PCI slot
Also, does hp do jewish shit like locking the BIOS so that its not possible to change hardware?
>>
https://www.zotac.com/product/graphics_card/zotac-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-oc-edition
That's the video card I'm talking about
>>
>>62062548
Just look out for stickers on the side panel that extends to the back. Without a sticker, it probably okay to open it. Business PCs usually do not come with such stickers, which means you can open it without voiding your warranty.
The PCIe slot will be fine as long as it is x16 physical.
>lock BIOS so that its not possible to change hardware
That only applied to some arcade consoles like the Taito Type X, which is locked to the HDD and have a non-eraseable BIOS password that is not made known to the end user. They are using conventional Intel CPUs and motherboards made from common OEMs such as MSI in the case of Taito X3.
>>
>>62062548
>i7-4770
Oh, that's pretty nice. Not the newest shit, but 4c8t Intel is fucking good value to get like this, Core i7s don't come cheap.
>>
>gives tech support
>doesnt know how to work a fucking desktop
This site is 18+.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.