[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>When you get graded on your ability to make Vertical Supremacy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: when the shitposting pays off.jpg (213KB, 907x1261px) Image search: [Google]
when the shitposting pays off.jpg
213KB, 907x1261px
>When you get graded on your ability to make Vertical Supremacy shitposts in Java as a college assignment

They said all my years of shitposting on here were a waste of time and I should be learning to code instead! HA HA! and might I add...HA!
>>
>>62060153

Why does one unse SVN in 2017?
>>
>>62060183
Because college professors have no real world experience and just repeat what their professors told them and what little skill they picked up when they were a student. Since they have tenure and cant be fired, they never have to improve their skill set, so you get to piss away tens of thousands of dollars for worthless legacy knowledge and the ability to compete with street shitting pajeet when it comes to salary.
>>
>>62060183

The prof for this class has a shit ton of pet peeves and is the chair of the CS department.

Here's the Style Guide that was linked to in the OP image for extra lulz.

The prof I had last semester just used FileZilla and an FTP server like a normal person.

But like >>62060207 said, that guy actually had real-world experience and was newer to the university so the weird idiosyncrasies were minimized.
>>
>>62060153
>7: part 2
do a triforce
bonus if its offsided like a newfag
>>
>>62060246
So using his code style is important but using loops is not.

And he is teaching how to code in Java on a Mac from his sublime key binds? For fucks sakes if you're going to write apps for Macs you should be doing it the right way rather than using fucking Java.

I'm glad i never went to school.
>>
>>62060344

It's a result of all the college kids nowadays falling for the Mac spook.

You should have seen the cobbled-together UNIX terminal emulator abortion I was supposed to use for doing Python in Windows for my last CS class.

It's the sole reason why I only do CS work in Linux now and save Wangblows for vidya and fucking around.
>>
>>62060426
>It's a result of all the college kids nowadays falling for the Mac spook.
Its pushed on them by the fucking faculty. I went on a couple dates with a grill who went to the Art Institute in Chicago, they made her get a PowerBook because they said Macs are somehow magically better at graphics as if this was the early 90s.
>>
>>62060449

Well Apple gives a fuckton of kickbacks to schools TBF.

All the computers that the school bought and issues to faculty are Macs with the exception being that we have Ubuntu terminals for every seat in all the CS classrooms.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.