[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>randomly generated password doesn't look random enough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: honey.jpg (20KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
honey.jpg
20KB, 640x480px
>randomly generated password doesn't look random enough
>click a few more iterations
>still doesn't look quite good enough
>I'll just make a few improvements and that will be the password

This is the best password protocol. Anyone who suggests otherwise is lying
>>
File: 1467294450353.png (89KB, 363x475px) Image search: [Google]
1467294450353.png
89KB, 363x475px
>>62056573
>this random string isn't random enough
>>
>doesn't look random enough
You dumbass, you're actually making it less "good enough" by making it conform to bias. Random stuff is supposed to have an equal chance of looking "not random enough."
>>
>>62056573
you pretend to do all that to throw off your opponents, but instead use "password"
>>
>>62056591
random password generated is 123456
Ok, this is random so i will keep this password.
>>
>>62056611
Considering how infrequently "try the top 10 most common passwords" is used today in favor of either phishing or brute force, it's probably just as good as anything else. So yeah just go with what the random generator says.
>>
>>62056611
>implying 123456 is not as random as 950843
>>
>>62056638
Actually thinking more about this, I'm also reminded of 2FA and suspicious IP/geolocation alerts. I probably fucking should change all but one of my passwords to 123456 strictly for convenience. No one's going to test them and even if they do I'm going to be asked to authorize their entry.
>>
>>62056591
t.disinfo bot
>>
>>62056590
Generate several short passwords and pick a few of them to combine into one password.
>>
>put 2 unrelated words together and replace two letters with digits
>pretty much immune to dictionary and bruteforce
Why bother doing random ass string again?
>>
>>62056716
https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=rule_based_attack
>>
I use a random character generator to generate really long strings, and then just select a handful of characters within the string and copy that for my password

I keep a plain text document with all the names of my sites and passwords on my desktop

how dumb am I
>>
>>62056784
you still need to have an idea of what the rules are
>>
>>62056847
I assumed you were saying leetspeak passwords. The rules are not hard to figure out. o is O, a could be @ or 4, etc

If you're literally talking about random substitution where any given letter could turn into any given integer then that's a bit different, but it's still susceptible to a Markov attack
>>
>>62056822
On your desktop

Have a think about how dumb that is for just a minute
>>
>>62056573
I think I can see a nipple and this is a blue board you sicko
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.