[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are imageboards dying out? Or growing? 7+1chan is at a slow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 1503445372405.jpg (137KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1503445372405.jpg
137KB, 750x1334px
Are imageboards dying out?
Or growing?

7+1chan is at a slow halt while 4chan seems to be the same or maybe slightly more popular. Smaller sites like 420chan seem to be just the same cult of 100 people or so. The newest spam I've been seeing is for mewch.
What's in store for imageboards in the future?
>>
>>62043262
4chan is fucking done as evident by this pic you posted
>>
>>62043262
Dying out. Concept is too 1995.
>>
>>62043262
desuchan is kill tho.
>>
>>62043262
30+ year old outdated format that never gets updated or improved is dying out, controlled by 1 guy who rarely listens to advice? who would've thought
>>
>>62043262
4chan is only surviving in popularity because of /pol/

All of the users that made 4chan what it is on /b/ have moved on to /pol/, the rest of the boards are just along for the ride.
>>
>>62043307
>made 4chan what it is on /b/
>thinking literal /b/tards made 4chan culture

you've got to go back.
>>
>>62043307
You're a fucking idiot pol has ruined the rest of the boards

It'd be less likely to die if pol and it's traffic just purged themselves
>>
>>62043262
hotwheels killed eightshan
reddit is killing fourchainz
>>
>>62043307
If you're that obsessed with old /b/ try boards like [s4s] or /bant/, they're pretty comfy and similar to the old /b/ style.
>>
>>62043262
They'll never die. The concept is too simple and fun and people will always try to recreate it.

Chat rooms are still a thing if you look for them.
>>
>>62043424
Nazis and pedos killed 7+1chan.
>>
honestly ok with it. needed an excuse to stop going here.
>>
>>62043412
>>62043419
>>62043426
Stay in denial faggots, if it weren't for old /b/ no one would know 4chan even exists, and now the only board making any kind of impact on the world is /pol/, stay mad though.
>>
>>62043262
Who cares? You own an imageboard? No? Then why does it matter?
>>
>>62043538
the old /b/ you have in mind is probably the cancerous newfag infested hole of maybe a decade ago, no wonder you like /pol/ if that's all you know
>>
ye it's dying

future is reddit, facebook and then very obscure forums for few things you'd have to be a part of a very closed circle or something
>>
>>62043677
the problem with chans is that people don't expect them to work that way. they want it to be fast. and honestly, they don't work well when they're that slow either. but we'll see
>>
>>62043627
that's contradictory, if it's dying (not true btw) then it's fading into obscurity first, if it becomes an obscure place to discuss things on the internet it's a forum (without registration) and therefore part of the future
>>
>>62043609
Stay in denial, when old /b/ was in the frontpage of every newspaper making this website what it is today and /g/ was just a couple of fat virgins making weaboo threads you were posting on linux forums without knowing this site even existed.
>>
>>62043702
By people you are thinking about people already familiarized with chans, that's probably the main reason why so many 4chan off-shots fail. People become used to getting replies fast, unless they can provide a similar experience there won't be a massive migration and without a massive migration they won't be able to provide a similar experience. Ultimately they end up becoming circlejerks and more forum-like.

>>62043734
What exactly am I denying? I can assure you nobody is here because they read about 4chan on a newspaper, maybe that is your case, that'd explain your erroneous preconceptions about what a chan is/should be, probably this isn't pointed out to you frequently considering entire generations of new users share them. I think moot called it the activist mentality.
>>
>>62044065
>I can assure you nobody is here because they read about 4chan on a newspaper, maybe that is your case,

>What exactly am I denying?

Like pottery.
>>
>>62043262
Who is this demon?
>>
>>62043262

4chins has like quadroupled in traffic after the fappening and trumpening

the rest of chans were always shit, especially 7chan and 420 chan
>>
>>62043538
>if it weren't for old /b/ no one would know 4chan even exists
4chan without the tides of cancerous edgelord newfags, WHAT A HUGE LOSS THAT WOULD BE ANON CAN YOU IMAGINE
>>
>>62044105
How could I be denying something that you never implied? I understand at your age you like to use meme speech every chance you got, but it's meaningless if you don't make sense
>>
>>62044200
>420chan
>shit
You obviously don't like "wrestling" or drugs.
Please stay the fuck out.
>>
>>62044506
420chan has a hilariously bad interface.
>>
>every single attempt at making another 4chan has failed miserably
>8ch was the next big thing. definitely not going to end up like 7chan
>ended up like 7chan
>>
>>62044506
stoners are gross and wooo is a circlejerk, there are literally no anonymous users
>>
File: putin-russia-syria-361575.jpg (36KB, 590x438px) Image search: [Google]
putin-russia-syria-361575.jpg
36KB, 590x438px
>tfw making an imageboard site

At least its fun, and I can use the DigitalOcean gibs to host it for 10 months for free.
>>
File: freedom1471975585742.jpg (272KB, 953x1200px) Image search: [Google]
freedom1471975585742.jpg
272KB, 953x1200px
>>62043262
It's the only humane social media format I know of.
For years I've been holding out hoping that the newfag cancer scourge that began taking root here around 2010 would eventually get bored and move on - This now seems further off than ever unfortunately.
I recently launched my own imageboard in response - Seems like a lot of people had the same idea.
May we all have luck in keeping undesirables at bay, and in our diverse experiments discover new ways of coping that we might share and help each other.
And may we all someday, when these dark times have passed, be reunited.
Godspeed Anonymous.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.