[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I boot from a USB.? My hard drive got fucked up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1502765451099.jpg (77KB, 960x496px) Image search: [Google]
1502765451099.jpg
77KB, 960x496px
How can I boot from a USB.?

My hard drive got fucked up?

It's a 4gb btw couldn't find anything on Tom's hardware
>>
>My hard drive got fucked up?
So did it get fucked up or not?
>>
A four gig hard drive
>>
>>62038129
It did got sorry I'm on mobile

How can I do it please gentooman help me I just want it for read PDFs browse 4chan

>>62038150
I have a 4gb USB
>>
you need a functional computer first
then you download an ubuntu .iso then you use unetbootin to load the iso onto the flash drive

then press whatever button to interrupt the startup indicated on the BIOS splash screen, then you tell it to boot off of the USB flash drive instead of the hard drive
>>
>>62038187
>you need a functional computer first
>then you download an ubuntu .iso then you use unetbootin to load the iso onto the flash drive
>then press whatever button to interrupt the startup indicated on the BIOS splash screen, then you tell it to boot off of the USB flash drive instead of the hard drive

Thanks can you link them I'm on a fucking cellphone that from some reason it doesn't let me install chrome or any browser but I'll screencap it from this post and later on my friends pc will download is 4gb enough?
>>
>>62038304
Yes, 4 gb is enough.

Google it from your friends pc.
>>
>>62038329
Thank you gentooman
>>
>>62038329
Is the one from the official Ubuntu page iso?
>>
>>62038088
dd an arch iso or a akli iso.
>>
>>62039005
Must read kali not akli.

Since now try to always have a bootable usb key to restore computers.
>>
>>62039029
What are those better than Ubuntu. Where do I download them?
>>
>>62039154
If you don't know what you're doing, download neither, don't listen to that autist. Just put Ubuntu on a flash drive with Rufus and use the "Live CD" option on boot.
>>
>>62039154
Kali is easy to use
https://images.offensive-security.com/kali-linux-light-2017.1-amd64.torrent
Arch "live" CD is more CLI
>>
>>62039439
Why the fuck would he use Kali? He's not pentesting shit.
>>
>>62039775
Why not? It works and offer a bootable usb iso. What are the distributions that offer such a thing?
>>
>>62039831
Almost all Linux distros do. Debian, Ubuntu, etc.
>>
>>62039870
I didn't try to install those distributions for a long time. So they catch up nice. You just dd the iso on a USB hard drive et voilĂ ?
>>
>>62039969
Yeah, they've had live CDs since forever.
>>
>>62040082
>had live CDs since forever
Making a bootable USB from their live cd was not trivial. I dd arch when Ubuntu was still relying on a soft to produce an usb bootable image.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.