[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your IDE doesn't matter. The language you use doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: ssssssss.png (212KB, 691x443px) Image search: [Google]
ssssssss.png
212KB, 691x443px
Your IDE doesn't matter.

The language you use doesn't matter.

The framework you use doesn't matter.

All technology arguments boil down to children fighting over which toy to play with.

Prove me wrong.
>>
I can't, because you are right.
>>
>>62025782
Get out with you and your logic, this is /g/, only autistic 12 year olds who know how to " hello world " and riced arch & /g/eentoo are allowed
>>
>>62025782
"The right tool for the job" is a lie. The only one true IDE, language and framework is X, Y and Z. Bitch.
>>
Tech exists to get jobs done.
The tech itself isn't the job or objective.
>>
>>62025782
You don't matter.
>>
>>62025782
>Prove me wrong.
i3 is superior to all WMs
>>
File: g.png (287KB, 691x443px) Image search: [Google]
g.png
287KB, 691x443px
>>62025782
fixed the pic
>>
There is no silver bullet in software development, but some tools and platforms are clearly inferior to others.

People who defend PHP should be sterilized.
>>
>>62025902
Why, because PHP is insecure?

Then so should be people who defend C.
>>
File: 1497506225158.gif (364KB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
1497506225158.gif
364KB, 540x300px
>>62025902

I never used PHP until recently because of all the negativity surrounding it.
I took on a small freelance project in addition to my job, and I figured it would be a good chance to get my feet wet with PHP.
HOLY FUCKING SHIT. It's awful. It's so bad. It's worse than javascript was 17 years ago. There are standard functions called explode and implode. There's no scoping. Relative file paths don't work...except sometimes they do. No built in routing. The built in HTTP requests are hideous and only work with massive amounts of boilerplate. It only recently got a type system even though its had private and public keywords for its classes for years.
>>
>>62027484
Git gud.
>>
>>62027484
Brainlet.
>>
You're an idiot. It all boils down to use what better fits the task at hand. Let's say I want to write a CV, would recommend to do it with a hammer, three bottles of urine and pair of scissors? You probably would because, as we've already established, you're an idiot.
>>
>>62027484
Agreed. However, you really aren't doing much when you're non PHP ghetto. WordPress is money.

Get the money. Plumbers don't go to meetups/hackathons, they do their job and bang some uberthicc and have a life. Work hard to make money. Avoid arguments that are in a level with tabs vs. spaces. Fizz a buzz.

I have made over $150/k just by saying yes to whatever work I was given. I went from templating MailChimp spam emails to building corporate architecture with AWS. The world is your oyster..

Money opens so many doors and legs and opportunities.
>>
>>62027664
This is the way to do it. Good work anon, hard work works.
>>
>>62025782
Compare the performance and resource usage of Atom and Sublime Text and then try to tell me that language doesn't matter again.
>>
>>62025782
yes, you are right, go write in assembly
>>
>>62027664
>over $150/k just b

I have a comfy salary gig doing backend work in Golang. I'm not quite at $150k, but I'm doing well.

> Wordpress is money
> templating MailChimp spam emails

I see you've turned the tables and now by taking Pajeet's job.
>>
>>62027664
Get out, we larping here.
>>
>>62025811
>autistic
implying autism isn't a secret code word for magical wizard
>hello world
implying 'hello world' is not one of the most significant programs you can make
>riced arch
first off, Arch is a very difficult operating system to work with, by installing it you should be fairly skilled, and ricing?
You fool, ricing is art, do you think art is a science? no, it isn't faggot, art is something that you use your creativity and passion to create, whilst others draw females with giant dicks for art, others rice operating systems to their day-to-die lives feel smexy
>>
But theres so many to choose from.
I mean i tried them all but now that i actually have to learn one i have mno idea what to choose.
Fuggg D:
>>
>>62025782
I don't give a fuck what you think! This is 4chan where I come to spill out my useless shitty opinion and information no one cares about
IDE - Netbeans
Language - Java
DBMS - MySQL
Distro - Xubuntu 16.04 LTS
>>
>>62025782
>he says all this as if he's above it all
>probably doesn't even know basic assembly instructions or how many cycles they'd take to complete
Stay pleb OP, you college freshman, all these layers of abstraction are the reason you're even on this website right now.
>>
>>62025782
What matters is the cash you make and the problems you solve.

Technologies are means to an end. If you accomplish your goal it doesn't matter what tech you used, but starting with the wrong tools is just dooming yourself to failure.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.