[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 43

File: cat-urine-laptop-440200.jpg (34KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
cat-urine-laptop-440200.jpg
34KB, 590x350px
Last thread >>62008788
>>
File: ai.png (64KB, 1042x723px) Image search: [Google]
ai.png
64KB, 1042x723px
>>62020654
How do I make my path on the left be like the one on the right in AI?

I thought it would be as simple as selecting two points and then somehow rounding it into the tip (by using the usual appearing lines that you can drag), but I cant move it into that shape nor round it because I did the shape with the other pen tool, not the rounded one

Do I have to redo the whole path and replace that one specific part with the rounded pen path?
>>
Is NVIDIA OpenCL support so bad that it'd make sense to write my shit for both OpenCL and CUDA? Would this be a pain in the ass? I don't really know CUDA.
>>
>turn off my PC
>it won't turn back on
>ASUS M5A97 EVO R2.0
>solid red CPU LED
>reseated the CPU, didn't help

Sometimes when I plug the power connector to the CPU in the LED blinks like normal but then a second later turns red again. I don't have a spare 8 pin power cable but tried 2x4 pin and did the same thing. What can I do to at least know what's fucked?
>>
Should I get a Chromebook?
How are eMMC drives?
>>
File: airforce1.jpg (39KB, 602x401px) Image search: [Google]
airforce1.jpg
39KB, 602x401px
>>62020725
open in text editor and change fill=none to fill=black.
>>
>>62021309
You misunderstood me anon, still thanks for trying though
>>
Asking again: I can't set dwm's statusbar font to Terminus. It works everywhere else but in dwm. What do I do?
>>
Could I run a mail server, an IRC server and a VPN, and store my anime collection, all on the same shitty 10 year-old desktop PC?
>>
>>62021091
only if all you do is web browse and light programming. storage sucks ass unless you use either cloud or external. look for some with good specs as older chromebooks lag at even basic tasks.
>>
>>62021702
Yes, if it's got the right hardware.
>>
I asked this the other day and forgot to follow up.

Is it worth it to load Windows Server 2016 onto a virtual machine just to get a hang on how to use it? Was trying to find ways to get a better job in IT
>>
Are there any books about the torrent protocol or other distributed networking systems? Whenever I look I see mostly self help books related to marketing yourself and professional advancement.
>>
best hard drive for a media server? Looking for something cheap either 1 or 2tb in size
>>
>>62020844
Performance is supposedly similar when you write your algorithms with the target architecture in mind, the performance difference from CUDA to OpenCL implementations in programs that have implementations for both is mostly from the OpenCL version being written with GCN as the target in mind. The main advantage of CUDA is all the libraries available.
>>
File: Screenshot (217).png (87KB, 815x689px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (217).png
87KB, 815x689px
just got a huge number of clicks from a FB referral.
I just don't know what is the exact link? I did not post links anywhere that day.
>>
How much RAM do I need for a web cache that never needs to be rotated
>>
>>62021795
this
even current eMMC drives suck ass, imagine trying to run something with much more overhead than an rpi with an sd card as your os drive and you get a pretty good picture of what an eMMC drive, machine will be like
>>
What is the consensus on the AT2020 for a standalone microphone? Should I get that or the Samson C01U
>>
I have a cheap 15$ flip phone. It's a samsung gusto 3. It just shut off and won't turn back on. If I plug it in it will just show the red Verizon screen. Is there anything I can do to get it to turn on again? I already went to a Verizon store, but they couldn't do anything.
>>
help
>>
>>62023492
>>
>>62023487
try holding down power button+m+r
>>
>>62023504
What's the question? It all looks right to me.
Also, free(x) if you're going to malloc.
>>
>>62023531
you mean power+6+7? That didn't work
>>
File: Untitled15.png (58KB, 971x303px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled15.png
58KB, 971x303px
>>62020654
I'm looking for a laptop. It is NOT going to be used for gaming at all. It will be used for music, shitposting, movies etc. etc. It needs to be relatively fast, but it doesn't have to be super fast.

I've narrowed down my options to these 2, and i'm asking you which one to choose. They cost $695 and $821.
Are the specs in the more expensive one worth the 126 dollars?

Do tell me if i need to post more specs for you to tell, i don't know if you can tell by the specs you see as i have no clue about computers.
>>
>>62023568
how do i get the value at x->str? like how sizeof(x->num) returns 4 because of 4 byte int on my machine. But then sizeof(x->str) returns a pointer to the head of the str which yeah, arrays are pointers but how do i get to the actual head character that is in the string? I'm trying to wrap my head around strings/arrays and -> notation

\
>>
>>62023641
x->str is a pointer to the first char, so sizeof returns the size of a pointer to a character.
Do you want the length of x->str? You'll have to use strlen because sizeof returns the size of types, and a string is not a simple type.

You can get the head character with:
printf("x->str[0]: %c\n", x->str[0]);
>>
>>62023703
ah!
is
x->str[0]

the same as
(*x).(* (str + 0))

?
>>
>>62023603
Jeg er bannet fra /int/ i noen dager, skulle til å svare i går. Hvis du ikke skal bruke den til gaming, så kan du kjǿpe denne. https://www.komplett.no/product/922875/pc-nettbrett/pc-baerbar-laptop/alle-baerbare-pc-er/asus-x556uq-156-fhd-matt#
>>
I'm taking compsci and while the compsci classes are swell, calculus is raping me. do you anons in the industry regularly use this type of math or can I safely brain dump once I get the credits?
>>
>>62023834
Men kjǿp den nr2 hvis du vil velge mellom de to du har på bildet ditt.
>>
>>62023855
Fordi den har i5, du sier du bryr deg om hastighet.
>>
>>62023752
I think so, but the syntax is pretty verbose.

*x deferences x, so you get to the reference.
The right of the dot effective adds zero bytes to the str head, then the * outside dereferences it, so it would return the char, not the pointer to the char.

I think you could also do:
*x->str[0]
dereference would happen after member access through a pointer (the arrow) as well as the array access.
>>
>>62020654

My computer won't go into sleep mode unless I manually select it from the power submenu in the start menu. What could be causing this?
>>
>>62023842
Depends on exactly what job you end up with, but if you dislike calculus, then you're less likely to apply to a job that uses it routinely.

I'd suggest learning more maths for the use in data science, like calculating statistics in a math context.
>>
How do I write a program that analyzes a proprietary format? It's some kind of special container for files for a specific game. There are third party tools that let you modify and view the files inside that format but I want to write one myself.

My process of thinking is this:
>find some way to read file that isn't unicode gibberish
>look for common strings between different files and see what changes
>write script to find the certain file i want and export part of the contents of that file

I know it can be done because someone wrote a similar tool in Python, I just can't figure out the guys work process so I want to see how far I can get myself.
>>
>>62023929
It might be better to study and learn first before you just brute force it. You might learn other techniques that they used that you didn't know already, too.
>>
what epub reader should i use on linux?
>>
>>62024021
He makes a class for the filetype, defines a ton of functions that check cache, then when it's all done he decodes the decompression. Way too actual-code-y for me, my best stuff in python is written like pseudo-code. I think I need to go back to learning C until I actually have the mindset for this stuff.
>>
>>62023861
>>62023855
>>62023834
Da lener jeg mot nr2 ja, siden den har storre skjerm enn den du lenket. Takk skal du ha.

Er det stor forskjell på i3 og i5 når det gjelder generell internet bruk?
>>
>>62020654
is this sfw?
>>
Why does megasync downloads my entire folder from the cloud if i have the exact copy of that folder on my computer (previously synced)?
>>
File: halp-ai.png (33KB, 800x453px) Image search: [Google]
halp-ai.png
33KB, 800x453px
>>62020725
hi bro... idk how to make that in AI... but i can think a way of achieving that on inkscape... probably AI has the same tools, so i'll explain the logic...

first, create an oval, make sure that the center of the oval is above the top left corner and aside the middle left corner (to avoid upside peak).

duplicate it and put it aside... don't worry about symmetry yet... but make sure that the middle of the oval is still above the top left corner and aside the middle left corner of your shape.

make a union between the two ovals, and center the union horizontally to your shape.

make a boolean operation of difference between the two ovals united and your shape.

now, grab the two bottom nodes and resize them to make them smaller

sorry about the verbose response... it sounds kind of complicated, but it is the only way i can think of
>>
I had shipped my computer to my new place and it wasn't booting properly,
My computer was saying I needed to load a bios or whatever, my brother advised me to re-attach the cables to my hard drives.
Now it's just spinning the fans for a second and flashing LED's.
Any idea why it would be doing this now, and what to look for?
>>
How the fuck do I escape a single quote character in my tmux config so it displays
>>
>>62024194
Get your mobo manual and see what those leds mean
>>
i heard that react runs on flux philosophy...

should i relay on events for components communication too? if so... how do i achieve this? react doesn't seem to support custom event creation, so i would have to code my own event system, and that doesn't sound like a good idea.
>>
>>62024093
It sounds like you already sort of have a handle on it. If your ultimate goal is to learn how to code, then I think you'd be far better served by learning the C and how this library works first.

If your goal is to hack and reverse engineer it, then learn some and then reverse engineer it. There might be some good books on this too.
>>
>>62024213
I should have specified the LED's, sorry. The ones on my fan, and power button work. On my motherboard there's this sort of line along an edge that lights up as well, with the logo too. I don't see any other LED's on the motherboard lighting up.

Fans on all the things like graphics card, cpu, etc. run too.
>>
>>62024255
Check boot priority
Manually boot using the boot menu
>>
Tbh Senpai
>>
tell me, can I make a samsung galaxy s2 a viable phone again?
I had it run slimkat no gapps last time I've taken it out of the drawer and my daily driver broke just days ago, thinking about giving this android thing another try on this old thing before I decide to purchase a new phone altogether.
>>
>>62024531
depnds on what you want to do with it. if you just text and call im sure itll be fine. but if you use other apps and such be smarter to just get a newer phone.
>>
>>62020725
Use the anchor point tool, click in the middle of that straight line, and then just drag it to where you want it.

Although it's a little bit of a crutch for people who are new at illustrator, I've seen people just draw straight paths then use that tool to curve all the lines when they should just curve it when they draw it.

If you're trying to draw the shape on the right, this is how I'd do it: https://u.teknik.io/pCsaC.webm
There's probably a better way to do it but it works for me
>>
Why does FF Nighty whitens webms when their controls are visible?
>>
>>62021963
How many drives total? If less that 4, just use standard desktop drives. Above that, go to NAS drives as they have vibration dampners built in.
>>
>>62020654
Is it dangerous to look directly at a solar eclipse?
>>
File: 1500180778543.jpg (133KB, 800x547px) Image search: [Google]
1500180778543.jpg
133KB, 800x547px
How would I use awk to get only +84.0F from the following lm-sensors output? I've never used awk before so I don't know where to start.

temp1: +84.0°F (high = +158.0°F)
>>
>>62024785
| awk '{ print $2 }'
>>
Earlier tonight I went to plug in my USB c phone charge cable into my mobos type c port. I missed. I hit a usb 3.0 port and caused a spark while the computer was on.

Computer power cycled, came back online, everything seems fine. USB ports all still work, no smell of smoke. Should I be ok?

Mobo is Asus X99-e
>>
>>62024900
I think so. It would've broken immediately if you shorted it badly.
>>
does noscript do anything that umatrix doesn't?
>>
>>62024900
Should be fine,the mobo shut down to prevent damage and that's exactly what happened, ive had the exact same thing happen to me, as long as the port works now nothing was damaged
>>
>>62024909
Ok good thanks for reassuring, had me pretty worried and I just got this rig like a month ago. I didn't even know something like that could happen, cable didn't even have the phone on the other end yet.
>>
>>62024926
Awesome good that's what I was hoping. Any way to prevent or just don't be dumb and hit the right hole next time?
>>
>>62024913
xss
Just put noscript to allow scripting and use its xss protection and use umatrix for the rest
>>
>>62024913
Noscript is just a casual friendly umatrix.
>>
>>62020654
How do i get ice cat on Windows
>>
I think I'm just being retarded, but for a singly or doubly linked list implementation of a queue, the complexity of all operations (enqueue, dequeue) are O(1), right?

I mean everything on the internet is saying yes, but wouldn't you need to traverse to the tail of the linked list to enqueue? pls help and fast ty
>>
File: log.jpg (94KB, 1200x502px) Image search: [Google]
log.jpg
94KB, 1200x502px
What's /g/'s preferred tool to view/filter logs?
>>
>>62024962
>>62024984
gotcha
thanks
>>
Why can't I disable antialiasing for basis33.ttf in my .config/fontconfic/fonts.conf? This bitmap .ttf font is just a blurry mess.
<?xml version='1.0'?>
<!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM 'fonts.dtd'>
<fontconfig>
<dir>~/.fonts</dir>
<match target="font">
<test name="family">
<string>basis33</string>
</test>
<edit name="antialias" mode="assign">
<bool>false</bool>
</edit>
</match>
</fontconfig>
>>
I'm looking at internet prices and need some advice. I'm being offered 100mbs for $40 or 20mbs for $25. I'm a college student without much money. The most intensive things I will be using the internet for is watching youtube and downloading the occasional torrent over a vpn. The 100 is definitely more than I need, but will the 20 be enough? They don't offer anything in between. Would I be able to stream netflix with the 20 if I ever wanted to? I'll be the only person using the internet.
>>
>>62024962
>>62024984
sorry one more question, what's the difference between solid and translucent colors?
>>
>>62025021
>I think I'm just being retarded
Admitting you have a problem is the first step toward recovery.
Usually a list contains two types of structures: a List structure that contains pointers to the head and tail of the list; and a ListNode structure, that contains either previous and next, or just next, pointers. That separate List structure makes accessing the head or tail both O(1).
>>
this is a bit of a weird one, but it's annoying.
So on any browser on windows, if you double click on a section of the URL in your browser, only that section of the link will get highlighted. If you click one more time and make it a triple click, then it selects the entire link.
This is pretty convenient for me if I just want to change the last part of a link.

For some reason, I don't notice this behavior in linux (using firefox). Double clicking on any part of the link will highlight the entire thing. Is there any way to change this to the Windows behavior?
>>
>>62024869
That works great, thanks anon!
>>
>>62025206
>Would I be able to stream netflix with the 20 if I ever wanted to?
If you want to stream Netflix in 4K, they recommend you have 25Mbps.

I've found some folks report that 4K works on 18Mbps, at 15Mbps 4K becomes iffy apparently.

HD requires 5Mbps. If you don't have a 4K TV then you should be fine with HD
>>
>>62025336
I don't even have a tv. I'd just be watching on my laptop. I think I'll just go with the 20. Thanks.
>>
>>62025355
Yeah, you'll be fine with 20Mbps. I rarely go above that when I download Steam games, and that speed is fine with me.
>>
>>62024993
Bump
>>
>>62024774
just 1, maybe 2, just looking for something small I can setup to stream downloaded videos to a raspi for roommates
>>
File: ROLLIN.webm (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ROLLIN.webm
2MB, 480x360px
Is there any way I can pull off this morphing effect in an open source or free program?
>>
I just got one of the 8tb hard drives from best buy, and transferred all my downloaded torrents to it. How can I mass change the file locations in qbtorrent?
>>
>>62024952
Its always good in life to hit the right hole on the first try.
You could use port covers that cover the port well you're not using it but that seems like a bit too much just to protect against this, just be more careful in the future.
>>
>>62020654
Is this a good security idea?
>Install basic antivirus on desktop. (Zemana, bitdefender, whatever)
>Heavily restrict any/all web browsing on desktop to youtube, google, etc. Known "safe" websites
>Use a virtual machine running ubuntu with sharing off etc. for any other websites, never once log into anything connected to any main account with the vm
>Only allow trusted programs on the desktop (steam, origin maybe. whatever else)
>maybe a second vm for any risky windows programs testing.
What antivirus is the best anyways?
>>
Is there a good android app that would allow me to put a password on individual apps?
>>
>>62025494
You transferred the downloaded files to it and want to resume the torrent on the 8TB? You should be able to just select the new directory as the download path and then check files, and it should then resume.

Alternatively, I've started a duplicate torrent on the same home network, and the seed machine quickly gave me the file pieces across my LAN.
>>
how in the holy fuck am I supposed to configure samba? I thought this shit was supposed to be install samba and shit works, but nothing is working
>>
>>62025638
Generally I set security=user, create a samba user/password, add shares and/or homes.

Back in the day I used SWAT https://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/manpages-3/swat.8.html

If you're giving a machine a server role, you should try something robust like Webmin which will configure that for you.
>>
>>62025673
thanks for the help, I've tried samba in the past and could never figure it out and everyone I asked about it was just like you install it and it works
>>
>>62025731
No, it's mostly setup to let users login to home directories already, but you need to setup security and add your user/password to smbpasswd which is a separate password DB from your unix login.

There's probably a way to use PAM to use unix passwords, etc... but the above is what I do to setup a standalone server.
>>
How does laser eye surgery work? Can I just shine a laser pointer into my eye for a few minutes and get the same effect or is there a specific technique I need to do?
>>
File: Angry-monkey-albino.jpg (17KB, 308x311px) Image search: [Google]
Angry-monkey-albino.jpg
17KB, 308x311px
OMFG, how can this be so difficult?!?

Running Linux Mint 17.1 with Xfce.

Want to remote into it from netbook (Win7).

>sudo apt install xrdp tightvncserver

Netbook gets xrdp login screen, but the minute I log on, the window crashes.

I've been combing the forums but haven't found a simple, direct answer yet.
>>
I think the eclipse glasses I got on Amazon were fake and now I can barely see out of one eye, is this going to be temporary or did I fucking permanently blind myself because some greedy chink wanted to make a few bucks? I'm really feeling upset here.
>>
>>62020654
Should I get a amd Nano card for 350 bucks?
>>
>>62026066
I got pretty sun-blinded mountain climbing last winter. Everything was washed out, like someone was shining a flashlight into my eyes. Next morning my vision was fine. (And I always wore my fucking goggles after that.) So there's a chance it's temporary.

tl;dr: sleep on it; see dr. if it persists
>>
good desk wide and long for gamering?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170822-001612.png (177KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170822-001612.png
177KB, 1080x1920px
Is this t-mobile thing or just me? Ive never posted via data connection as far as I recall
>>
Trying to hint that a salary increase would make you stay at the company when communicating your desire to leave them, is that a douchebag move?
>>
>>62026657
Someone spammed CP with your carrier.
Ask for help in #4chan
>>
>>62026683
Make sure you have an offer beforehand, because they might call your bluff. And if you stay, you're their bitch: you gotta work your ass off thereafter, or they'll lay you off.
>>
File: icecat.png (177KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
icecat.png
177KB, 650x650px
How do i get ice cat on Windows
>>
>>62027024
there are windows binaries, but not for the lastest version. The lastest is from late 2016. It should be in one of the mirrors.
>>
Earlier I was trying to "optimize" a PNG with a website, but I swore that the color comparison even when saving as a 100% quality jpeg seemed horribly bad in Nightly, while I couldn't see any difference between the images when using an image viewer. But look at this. The same image when saved looks like the colors were ruined.

Does Nightly add "bloom" or something to images? I don't know what this saturation is or which is closer to the original.
>>
Are there any guides on using GStreamer and GTK? Making a little media player in C as a pet project.
>>
I bought one of these and it worked fine the first time.

then my desktop wouldn't even acknowledge its existence. I tried it on my laptop and, although the cable is screwy, it works.

I formatted my desktop since and it still won't work. ideas?
>>
>>62026962
The thing is i don't care about any of that. It's only a matter of which one sounds politer, a raise request stating that i would have to leave if i dont get the raise. Or the original post.
>>
I'm going to building my first computer soon and before I do anything I was wondering do you have to buy Sata cables? or do motherboards or some other part come with some prepackaged? I assume as long as I don't buy a bare HDD I'll get one for the HDD but what about one for the SDD? Do I have to remember to pick one up?
>>
File: 1497547440469.jpg (239KB, 961x816px) Image search: [Google]
1497547440469.jpg
239KB, 961x816px
Can anyone explain what the difference is between 99% and 100% GPU usage? Most of the time my card tops out at 99%, but I've seen it reach 100% in some benchmarks. Whats happening to make it report that extra percent?

Card is a 1080Ti if it matters, and the software reporting it is MSI Afterburner.
>>
>>62027165
Probably wise not to burn your bridges. But you're considering leaving because they aren't paying you enough. So go into the boss' office and say "I got an offer from..." and if the boss doesn't immediately start sucking you off, realize you have to go through with leaving, because they don't value you enough to offer you a raise to stay.
>>
What's the best USB 3.0?
I've heard corsair makes good USBs
>>
trying to reinstall openssl-1.0, I have the pkg.tar.xz but pacman broke. How can I go about installing it?
>>
>>62027246
HDDs And most SSDs don't come with SATA cables, the motherboard will come with a couple.
>>
File: Untitled.png (37KB, 636x768px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
37KB, 636x768px
Why are these temperatures so far from eachother? Should I be concerned?
>>
>>62027337
The 1% is wasted on waiting. The GPU is fed by the CPU, and sometimes this means that it has to wait while CPU gathers data for rendering or does some concurrency checks.

Also it's probably a rounding issue as well, the actual usage is hovering between 99% and 100%
>>
I just bought a laptop and am going to put in an SSD. How do I get windows on the SSD instead of the original hard drive?
>>
>>62027153
Try removing the HDD inside and plugging it in to the motherboard via sata.
>>
>>62027767
Reinstall is the preferred option. Backup all important files and format the HDD while installing linux on the SSD.

It's also possible to clone all data from HDD to SSD, but this means that the original drive (or partition) has to be same size or smaller than your SSD. Clonezilla is one possible utility for this.
>>
What's the best video player setup for watching anime these days? I updated MPC-HC to the latest versions of madVR and everything, but it fucking crashed whenever I move the window between monitors. I found an option in madVR that stopped the crashes, but it stutters or otherwise performs badly. Then I tried out MPC-BE, but it looks like shit compared to HC.

What do?
>inb4 VLC
>>
>>62027757
Intredasting.
>>
I'm calibrating a monitor using http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/contrast.php, and this monitor allows me to change each colour individually (as in, red green and blue each having a seperate value), now, the contrast is stuck at 72 and can't go any higher without messing the colours up, but my colour settings can go up to red65, green65, blue54.

My question is should I be matching them to the lowest value? as in 54 across the board, or should I just be raising each individually the highest I can take it without losing contrast?
>>
>>62027796
Thanks for the tip. Is it possible to go the reinstall route with windows without buying a new copy?
>>
>>62028011
Windows should recognize that you've installing on the same hardware and either automatically register itself or allow you to reuse the same registration key.
>>

private Reader reader;
private int stats;

public Calculator(){
this.reader = new Reader();
this.stats = 0;
}

just a word question, when i do this.reader= new reader() and this.stats = 0 in this code is the correct terminology "instantiating" or something else?
>>
>>62028155
Ok, that makes sense. Thanks a lot.
>>
>>62024185
No offence, but why do Indians type like .... With so many periods ....
>>
>>62027673
Maybe I'm reading it wrong but isn't the top one the motherboard and the bottom the CPU?

The motherboard ICs are always cooler than the CPU chip itself. That said, 98c is too fucking hot. Fix it.
>>
>>62027396
Not going to burn bridges (as if there were any in the first place). Is it going to look bad if i ask to leave without having an offer, i just don't feel it's worth my time continuing with the current conditions.
>>
>>62028172
The thing you're talking about (setting values to variables) is initialization. Instantiation is the whole process of creating an instance of the class.

So when you do this.stats = 0 you initialize the variable stats to 0. After you've done the initalization you've created a new instance.

>>62028220
I've replaced thermal paste already, is these something else I could do?
>>
>>62028213
Boomers also do the same thing... for some reason... I don't know why.
>>
>>62028213
It aint just indians. All kinds of millenials do it.
>>
How do autoplay in new pipe?
>>
I'm tired of using 3rd parties for cloud shit.

I'm thinking of used OwnCloud instead, but why use that and not just use SFTP? My server is on always so I dont see the point in using OwnCloud.

I'm sure I'm missing something, someone fill me in
>>
>>62020654
I just got a C64 and now I'm looking for games. What is the best way to cheap out on it?
>>
File: 1495937556229.png (108KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1495937556229.png
108KB, 600x600px
Where do I get started with linux? I have little coding experience and none of it is system shit but the customization/ricing of it has always made me want to get into it but the few times I've tried in the past I've just gotten frustrated with not being able to do anything and quit, I want to stick with it this time.
>>
Is there any way to truely kill Windows 10 telemetry that's been proven by Wireshark or other packet sniffing software?
No I don't mean the hostsfile, that's been proven to be ignored as there's some IPs that are hard-coded into the OS to always call home. Does using a local account help any?
>>
>>62028393
>I'm sure I'm missing something
All the use cases that OwnCloud covers that sftp doesn't.
>>
>>62028489
>OwnCloud covers that sftp doesn't
Like what? I really dont know
>>
File: how-to-convert-lit-to-epub-free.png (72KB, 323x183px) Image search: [Google]
how-to-convert-lit-to-epub-free.png
72KB, 323x183px
Does anyone have experience with converting .lit files to .epub?
Is it seamless or it's going to mess it up like with .pdf to .epub?

I have Calibre btw. Will it do a good job?

Thank you in advance.
>>
>>62028502
https://owncloud.org/features/
you are useless
>>
>>62028413
Plug it into a sound card and emulate a tape http://wav-prg.sourceforge.net/
>>
File: onkyo_E700M_KF.jpg (186KB, 640x1613px) Image search: [Google]
onkyo_E700M_KF.jpg
186KB, 640x1613px
is this worth 165 usd?
i could get it for 99 on amazon but
>muh super limited edition!
>>
>>62028470
Read the book "the Linux command line"
>>
I have a computer running plex media server, I've noticed that, when in use (multiple users transcoding remotely) CPU usage spikes (97% for a second, every 2 - 5 seconds) - which I understand to be normal, given the way transcoding works on it.

It works reasonably well, but when I use it (as the server is in my lounge, hooked up to the tv) to watch something high bitrate, cpu stays maxed and slightly stutters video.

I am using the on board graphics card on my motherboard for the TV, and I'm wondering if the best component to upgrade would be adding a Gpu, to take strain off the CPU, or just a better CPU.

I realize that both would be Ideal, but this is it's primary purpose and I'd rather not waste any more money than I have to.

Cheers for responses in advance.
>>
Is a pc monitor or tv better for gaming? I use both console and pc.
I keep hearing a monitor is better but it's not as big as a tv, also at the same hear tvs have a horrible refresh rate
>>
I'm upgrading from a Moto G3 to a Moto G5, is there anyway I can transfer all of my app settings across easily?
>>
having some new issues with my computer.

1. i have to have it off and the monitor on before booting or else it wont output any video over hdmi
2. sometimes during boot it will freeze on the american megatrends logo
3. it will sometimes freeze during the decrypt stage of boot (gnu linux)
>>
>>62029309
kemomo friends is pretty aveage, just get it if you want it. the thing with jap limited edition is it actually is limited edition and decent
>>
>>62029803
motorolla has an android app designed for that, moto sync or moto share or something. it'll prompt you to use it on set up iirc
>>
My ISP is kinda blocking my qbittorrent search function. I don't any result when search using qbittorrent while using my ISP. When I use net connectivity from other ISP, I instantly get 100s of results. How can I get the search function working again in qbittorrent while using my ISP?
>>
>>62030833
v
p
n
>>
how much disk space do I need if I want to build my own Android to flash to my Nexus 5? I'm not into developing anything new, I just want to download the source, compile it, combine it with drivers for the Nexus 5 from the last official Android release and flash it. You know, for fun.
>>
Absolute mongo here, trying to learn more about Quantum Dot technology. Currently reading an article and I notice this sentence:

>In LCD screens they’re applied as a way of eliminating the need for White LED backlights and colour filters.

Does that mean the chances of receiving a monitor with awful backlight bleeding is reduced?
>>
>>62020654
Why does steam look like this on icecat?
>>
File: 1485079979652.png (78KB, 351x364px) Image search: [Google]
1485079979652.png
78KB, 351x364px
>>62029599
This looks exactly like what I needed, thank you anon, is there anything else I should read alongside it?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170822-224158.png (227KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170822-224158.png
227KB, 1440x2560px
>>62031399
>>
>>62031417
>>62031399
obviously blocking the css. What i dont get is why youd use steam and icecat.
>>
>>62031077
Not him but doesnt' that make download slow as fuck?
>>
>>62031513
not you (but me), no. It depends on the vpns speed and location. if they have enterprise speeds they should be able to provide your u/d especially if theyre nearby. If your using an vpn in a different country then of course there could be issues
>>
In laymen's terms, what is a subtitle parser?
>>
How fast would a full Linux install be if I ran it off a USB 3.0 portable hard drive?
>>
How could I view Google's full list of autocomplete suggestions?

https://suggestqueries.google.com/complete/search?client=chrome&ds=bo&q=$query

Or would I have to brute-force download every enumeration possible?

Is there an alternative list?
>>
>>62031165
The android developer's site has the minimum requirements listed. I recall seeing that you need 500G of free disk space, after installing all the tools and source.
>>
>>62031566
it analyzes subtitles

>>62031574
the speed of your ram, not the usb
>>
Any good guides for getting into vaping?

Yes I know i'll look like a faggot, I want to stop smoking cigarettes.
>>
>>62031467
Stalking someone. How do I unblock

>>62031684
Reddit
>>
>>62031696
Are you calling me reddit, or telling me there is a good guide on reddit?

I hate the navigation on that site
>>
What's a place to get free ebooks? Specifically programming ones and the like?
I tried bookz but the bots are always offline for those kinds of books and it seems they're almost never up
>>
>>62031696
there is a perfect irony to this post

>>62031741
vaping wont exactly stop you smoking since the nicotines still there and youll associate it with the vape pen instead
>>
>>62031775
>z but the bots are always offline
what?
>>
>>62031775
tehpiratebay
>>
File: 1499116817942.jpg (143KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1499116817942.jpg
143KB, 700x700px
>>62020654
I have a 2003 Thinkpad R51 with a Pentium M 1.5Ghz processor
What OS should I put on it to make the laptop usable?
>>
>>62031777
Nicotine is not what i'm worried about, i'd switch to gum if it was coat effective but it isn't.
>>
>>62031831
Xubuntu would probably run fine, if not Lubuntu sure as hell would
>>
>>62031851
patches? you could always try cold turkey. even if you have to try several times i still feel cold turkey is often the best way to get over drug addictions
>>
>>62031831
windows 2000
>>
why doesnt this validate (w3c)?

::selection {
background: #64bae1; /* WebKit/Blink Browsers */
}
>>
>>62031910
You arn't answering what i'm asking, I appreciate the concern but i've already decided on what I want to do.
>>
>>62031905
Ill give it a go Thanks!
>>
>>62029952
I am in now way qualified to tell you this but reset the bios?
>>
>>62031777
Why is it ironic
>>
How does the synology user administration work? Is it based on linux users and regular file permissions or does it use some proprietary stuff? I don't have access to a synology system right now but I want to help someone with getting things right.
>>
>>62031995
ive considered this actually. i think ill do it
>>
I need a way to automate a website, just clicking some buttons and do some math. what program or extension you guys recommend ?
>>
>>62020654
Is MyDefrag really supposed to be slow? It's been running for about a day and a half now and its only at 8%
>>
>>62032293
well if you have a lot of small files i guess. windows has a defragger though
>>
File: bj-cute.jpg (332KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
bj-cute.jpg
332KB, 1280x800px
Hey /g/ what should the hostname of my new ec2 instance be?
>>
File: 1451463479383.jpg (192KB, 1056x1044px) Image search: [Google]
1451463479383.jpg
192KB, 1056x1044px
Anyone knows how long would it take to restore ~2 petabytes of data?

I use the service of certain datacenter, they have sent me a massage "During regular maintenance and upgrade a problem have occurred and the data is temporally unavailable"
>>
anyone else having problem installing chrome on ubuntu 16.04??

inb4 botnet
>>
>>62032458
who is this smegma savant
>>
does googling in incognito still allows you to be targeted by personalized ads?

i've been using incognito mode in chrome for googling pretty much all the time now (not necessarily for porn, but mostly because i didn't like having the search results show up in my phone) and when i google something when NOT in incognito, i feel that google is taking that search query into consideration for my next search. (e.g. googling something location related). is this the accurate at all and doesn't happen in incognito or is it just the paranoia talking? (i know you're still being tracked while in incognito mode for what it's worth)
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (176KB, 1075x997px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
176KB, 1075x997px
whenever I launch a game, my color settings get set to "other" and I have to close out the game and reselect the nvidia settings. this happens EVERY TIME.

is there a fix to this?
>>
File: help.gif (1MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
help.gif
1MB, 300x200px
>>62032512
with google, you never know, targetted ads are their core business
>>
Where can I find more about torrents?
Like what's the drawbacks of force download, what makes something faster and so-on
>>
i've pirated windows 10 to install on a new HD for my laptop. do i just load the .iso file onto a usb/cd?

my friend told me to use win32diskimager, but that doesn't seem to work, i just get no boot device found when u try to boot from usb
>>
I have 2 exhaust fans and no intake fan. How gimped is my cooling
>>
>>62032512
Yes. Google doesn't need cookies when you're using their botnet framework (Chrome).
>>
How do I remove a bookmark in Vimperator ?
>>
>>62032606
google

>>62032622
loading the .iso file won't work as it won't create a bootsector on the USB drive. use the Microsoft tool (google it for the URL)

win32diskimager might work, but it fuckes up partitions, therefor use the MS tool
>>
>>62032672
depends if its mesh or not.

>>62032622
you cant just copy it on. use a "burner"

>>62032606
something is faster when there is more seeders. just google it

>>62032512
yes

>>62032479
whatever speed you can read at

>>62032458
the leader of some group from a show you like

>>62032198
lua
>>
>>62032622

no, u have to extract the files from the .iso

use 7zip to extract the files to ur usb (make sure to NOT extract it into a folder in ur usb, but directly to your usb so it can read the boot file)

just restart computer and set the boot drive from BIOS usually by pressing F12 or DEL during startup (before Windows start)
>>
>>62032865
>whatever speed you can read at
Sorry, It sound it so stupid when I read it.
I meant since the datacenter does have the data in some sort of RAID configuration, how long does it take to repopulate the data to be ready for access?

I'm sorry if the question sound stupid by I have no knowledge of how data servers do their thing.
>>
File: 2017-08-22-202831_610x964_scrot.png (21KB, 610x964px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-22-202831_610x964_scrot.png
21KB, 610x964px
im trying to create a .desktop entry for firefox so it launches with a specific gtk theme
but its not working, i just have my firefox folder in /opt and symlinked to /usr/bin
all i want is to have a custom executable
>>
If I replace my crappy hdd in my laptop (two partitions) with an SSD and put the old hdd in an external hdd case, will I be able to read it as an external disk?
>>
>>62023893
thanks for the response, this board moves quicker than I imagined. like a lot of my classmates, I don't have a set idea what I want to do at the end of school.
thanks for the advice about data science, I'll see what my school offers
>>
>>62025563
>What antivirus is the best anyways?

McAfee
>>
So I'm running Windows 10 and my wifi adapter has been having weird issues lately. It drops my connection and when I run the troubleshooter it says I lost my default gateway. Resetting the adapter sometimes fixes it. Other times I need to fully reboot. I don't think it's hardware as the card also has Bluetooth and I have no such issues with that. I've tried uninstalling the driver. Installing the newest version. When I remove the old driver though windows never rediscovers the wifi. Even when I install the newest driver. If I just upgrade the driver it works but I still have the issue. I've tried everything even statically assigning my IP info. I may just reinstall Windows but I really don't want to have to reconfigure everything. Anyone see this issue before?
>>
File: 1497954592531.webm (548KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1497954592531.webm
548KB, 1920x1080px
>>62020725
>>
File: dental plan.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
dental plan.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>>62020654
i never understood this joke from the simpsons
can someone kindly explain it to me?
>>
Will completely formatting a hard drive make it run faster?
>>
>>62033488
hdd? no. but there is a performance benefit for ssd's
>>
File: thxanon.jpg (88KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
thxanon.jpg
88KB, 1024x600px
>>62032865
:^)
thx anon
>>
>>62032962
depends on the raid. either the speed to transfer or double the time most likely. depending on the error checking could be triple

>>62033237
device manager disconnecting it perhaps? ive heard something like that

>>62033442
lisa needed braces

>>62033488
defrag it. hdd is sequential.
>>
>>62033072
BUMP
;-;
>>
>>62033442
also

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2gs_YscLi7E
>>
What are the current OS available for smartphones ?
>android
Google botnet, a lot of devices, poor support
>iOS
Apple botnet, no choice, expansive, long time support
>sailfish OS
Jolla sells 1k phones once ever two years it seems. No news about new devices
>windows
Dead
>ubuntu touch
Dead
>blackberry OS
Dead

Am I missing something ?
>>
File: a95x-unboxing-1024x576.jpg (49KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
a95x-unboxing-1024x576.jpg
49KB, 1024x576px
I bought a chinkshit android tv, a "nexbox a95x" since it claimed to support 4K UHD video playback.
it doesn't. it lags even with 720p video.
The specs are not terrible, so i can just leave it running overnight doing whatever.
Question is, what can i leave it running that is remotely useful or amusing?

Specs:
>obscure quad core cpu, 2 ghz 64 bit actually quite decent
>5 core gpu, it's shit.
>2 gb ddr3 ram
>16 gb rom
>2 usb ports, ethernet port, micro sd card reader and hdmi port, supports wifi
>>
>>62033621
>double the time
2 months? maybe more? It's 2 petabytes.
And where can I read more of this?
>>
>>62033660
>firephone
dead
>>
>>62033666
use it as seedbox for torrents you want to seed or are fine w/ seeding em , just hook up an external and done
>>
After building my rig, I get temps of about 37-39 C when idle. Is this too high? CPU is 17 7700k and fan is cyrorig h5
>>
>>62033666
Install mxplayer or mpv player.
It should provide better playback.
Comfy sofa shitpost machine?
Home server?
>>
>>62033674
It died the moment a dev started to write it.
>>
>>62033693
I don't know much about seedboxes, Do they use my home internet or do they use some other network?
>>
>>62033739
Seedbox are dedicated torrent machines.
So yes in your case it will use your home internet.
Use VPN.
>>
>>62033739
typically a seedbox is a server you rent, but in this context he's referring to using hardware you have as a machine for seeding, so that would use your own connection
>>
>>62033621
I think it's a Windows issue. Even the newest wifi driver from intel doesn't fix it. I'm probably just gonna reinstall Windows. I haven't reinstalled since I built this machine so it's probably time anyway.
>>
>>62033755
Doesn't using a vpn still use my home internet?
>>
>>62033790
VPN to hide your traffic.
>>
>>62033704
That's not awful but it could be better. My 6700K idles at 29-30 C depending how cold my apartment is.
>>
>>62033673
it depends, especially on how youre restpring it too. if you can read from more than a disc at a time.

>>62033787
reinstalling wont do anything. there is a fix that isnt reinstalling, search around for it. otherwise install gnu linux

>>62033790
bruh, thats not what a vpn does. you should rent a seedbox if you dont have the bandwidth
>>
>>62033837
Shit, is it possible to access part of the data?
Does this count as HDD failure?
>>
>>62033312
>>62024552
>>62024185
godspeed anons, thanks!
>>
I'm trying to use a color scheme for vim but I can't seem to make it work. I've installed all necessary files and have called the plugin correctly in my .vimrc but the background color stays the same when it should be dark blue.
I'm using iTerm2 and I've checked in the terminal profile that xterm-256color was being used.
Any ideas? This is getting annoying
>>
>>62033863
you mean restoring the data? again depends on the raid and where thw failures are. if you mean from the backup, why would so muxh data be backed up on hdds instead of tape?
>>
>>62033879
I should also mention that the text itself is colored correctly, it's just the background.
I've tried stuff like set background=dark or whatever but nothing works.
>>
>>62033905
>tape
How much can it hold?
>>
>>62033666
Install MX Player.
Also some Chinkdroid boxes do support 4K (Actually UHD but you know, shitty marketing terms and scams).
See boxes with S905 chipset.
>>
>>62033837
It hasn't always done this though. I'm like 90% sure reinstalling will fix it. My windows install has been doing weird things other than that anyway. I've tried all the other fixed I could find.
>>
Firefox is using 100% of CPU, and have to restart it to reset it.
I found the issue is related to certain website, however even after I close the tab the CPU usage doesn't return to normal.
Any idea how to fix that?
>>
File: Untitled.png (4KB, 342x279px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
4KB, 342x279px
What is this thing on the back of my android tablet?
It has an icon thing (left) and a hole (right) not a port, just a hole.
The hole is 5 mm wide and 1 cm long, icon thing to scale.
Too small for a picture.
>>
File: IMG_20170823_001226.jpg (1MB, 2336x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170823_001226.jpg
1MB, 2336x4160px
>>62034065
Heres the least blurry pic I could get, pencil for scale.
>>
>>62034065
>>62034110
Its a chain/dock lock.

Most laptops and tablets have one so they can be put on display.
>>
>>62034016
I think I figured something out.
The issue is reproducible only when pinned tab is used.
How's pinned tab different from regular tabs regarding resources uses?
>>
What's the best mainstream laptop with GTX 1050 Ti and good thermals?
>>
(I actually think I posted about this but the other way around months ago lmao) I currently have a Moto G4+ but I'm going to have to go back to my old Moto X Pure with a fucked up battery, besides the battery, does the phone still hold up to today's standards 4 years after it came out?
>>
Is UHD worth it on a 15.6" screen
>>
>25
>barely passed high school
>was always terrible at math, always went to a new school every year growing up and every school was somewhere different in the curriculum
should I just stop pretending I'll ever have a future working with computers? I can't even remember how to do most 9th grade algebra at this point ;_;
>>
I looking to get a cheap laptop for taking notes in class and I'm sort of split between getting a X220 or a Chromebook. I've never used a Chromebook so I'm not sure if they're any good.
>>
>>62033072
Change Exec=bash ...
to
Exec=env GTK_THEME=Arc:light firefox
>>
>>62034354
>Sturdy metal laptop built to last vs cheap plastic and underpowered laptop with a locked down OS
You tell me.
>>
>>62033935
tape holds as mu h as you buy... its the cheapest storage method still

>>62034277
totally... even fhd is good enough with 2k pushing it

>>62034329
just get a job you enjoy and go to uni later on. honestly i used to complain about no work being available anywhere but thinking back all 3 jobs ive properly applied for ive gotten, and my current one was 4 days from finding the position to actually working there.

>>62034354
computer notes are a surefire way to fail any stem degree. get whatever iz cheaper for "notes"
>>
What MLF means on a windows install iso filename?
>>
I have two monitors and a two graphics cards.
What do I need to do in order to run a screen off each graphics card?
(using gnu/linux)
>>
>>62033879
>>62033917
Anyone?
>>
Setting up QoS for my network and I'm kind of stuck on bandwidth control.

When I automatically check my internet uplink bandwidth it comes up with 1211 Kbps, but I have a down of 90+ mbps and an up of 10+ mbps.

Not sure what I should set my uplink bandwidth maximum to.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (73KB, 1986x994px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
73KB, 1986x994px
>>62020654
I have zsh on my windows ubuntu terminal - why does it take like forever sometimes to load and I have to continously press enter if it does for it to actually appear inside the window?
>>
Where can i download the W10 Pro ISO? i only fond the MLF version.
>>
>>62034528
Mothers Love to Fuck.
>>
File: 339[1].png (486KB, 640x420px) Image search: [Google]
339[1].png
486KB, 640x420px
>>62034731
>>
How legit is this ISO?
>en_Windows_10_1607_build_14393_x64_dvd.iso

SHA-1 soon.
>>
If I use a torrent with only one seeder, and delete the torrent immediately after finishing, there's no way someone could see my IP doing that, correct?
>>
>>62034981
The seeder did.
>>
>>62034997
Well that's fine.
I'm just gonna pirate a textbook I don't feel like paying for over a university IP.
>>
>>62035072
Your network admin can see you did a P2P connection.
>>
why does 4chan not have a ssl certificate?
>>
>>62035135
It's my understanding they don't care unless someone comes to them demanding to know why an IP is distributing their material.
>>
File: xs1srqlebxgz.png (2KB, 326x30px) Image search: [Google]
xs1srqlebxgz.png
2KB, 326x30px
I used the C2R installation (4.9) and got this version. I've no idea what version is that. I lost for example the feature to change the "tab backgrounds" (autumn, etc.)

I tried looking on the web, but I've not found which one is it. Should have used the last C2R installation (5.9)?
>>
>>62028296
>I've replaced thermal paste already, is these something else I could do?

Check if the heatsink is seated properly, otherwise, get a new one or your CPU is somehow fucked. Once fixed a laptop overheating by bending the heatsink back into place as it didn't touch the CPU properly. God knows how it got bent out of shape inside a laptop.
>>
if i send someone my paypal email, they will not be able to see my full name, country and city right?
this is pretty much the reason i just don't want to send anyone the paypal.me link, don't want to see all my private info like that.
>>
int option = 0;
while (option != 1 || option != 4) {
cout << "--> Press 1" << endl;
cout << "--> Press 4" << endl;
cin >> option;
}

Ok, why can' t I get out of the loop?
>>
Any tips on buying a ham radio?
>>
How much does Internet and electricity generally cost?
>>
>>62035393
Strange. It works if I use switch-case.
>>
>>62035393
The only way out of the loop is for option to equal 1 and 4 simultaneously, so wait for desktop quantum computers, then try again.
>>
>>62035572
But the loop should be executing WHILE the value of option is different from 1 OR 4. That is, if I press 1 or 4 it should get out...

Or maybe I'm just confused?
>>
>>62035610
>Or maybe I'm just confused?
Walk through it and see what happens with 1 or 4 for the value of option, you'll see that in each case the test in the while statement remains true. Then rethink your test.
>>
>>62035791
Yup, you're right. My mistake.

If true OR false, the end result will be obviously true...
I was obviously confused for some reason.
>>
>>62035443
Provide more information. It depends where you live.
>>
What what can I do to speed up chrome when loading pages
>>
File: white-pasta.jpg (2MB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
white-pasta.jpg
2MB, 2000x1500px
lads I need help deciding between these two laptops, it's gonna be used for coding, photo editing and a very little bit of video editing.
website isn't in english so I'm just gonna post the specs here:

HP:
Display: WLED-backlit HD SVA BrightView (1366 x 768) (15.6")
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-7200U (2.5 GHz, up to 3.1 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
RAM: 8 GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)
GPU: AMD Radeon™ R5 M430-graphics card(2 GB DDR3 dedicated)
1 TB HDD

Lenovo:
Display: 15.6" LED backlit 1366 x 768 / HD
CPU: Intel Core i5 (6. Gen) 6200U / 2.3 GHz (2.8 GHz) / 3 MB Cache
RAM: 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz (2 x 4 GB)
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 520
128 GB SSD

The Lenovo one is like $32 more expensive
I don't really care about having an SSD desu, I'd rather have more space.
>>
>>62036155
Get a SSD.
>>
>>62036175
Photo and video editing on 1366x768 screens? Really?

HP is a disaster for heat management. It's going to be that much worse when you actually push the hardware with the visual editing work.
>>
>>62036175
HP one comes with a GPU so sounds like a better deal but HP laptops often come with planned obsolescence with gimped cooling.
It will die because shitty BGA and fast.

Lenovo one will last a lot but sounds expensive for what it is.
>>
>>62036177
ok
>>
Why the fuck 4chan banned me for literally looking at the site? They said I'd been spamming or something. Obviously I didn't do such of things and that was impossible someone did it under my name. Will this nonsense repeat again? What is the reason behind this at all?
>>
>>62036248
Look at your ban and check for what was it.
>>
>>62036199
>Photo and video editing on 1366x768 screens? Really?
I mean it's not going to be anything super serious, just for school shit. I have my desktop if I need to do heavier stuff.

>>62036204
Shit, I thought HP was good. Is there really planned obsolescence? In what way though? Does it become slower and slower or does it just suddenly overheat and die? And how long approx. will it last?
>>
>>62036285
In that their cooling they use its never enough so BGA fucks up and the GPU, CPU and or chipset fucks up eventually.
Depends on use, but since we are talking about a laptop with a AMD GPU, i say 2-3 years of heavy use.

This has been a problem with them since HP DV and G series, this affects Envy series too.
>>
i want to go back to windows 7 and i remember some custom windows 7 OS that removed all the bloatware and lets you use w10 programs

i dont remember if it was a custom OS or just something to put on windows, anyone remember?
>>
How to download videos from jw players?
>>
>>62036697
All windows 10 stuff will run in Windows 7, what are you talking about?

The only exception would be stuff from the store.
>>
>>62036870
oh, idk I just remember some OS that removed everything in a fresh install without having to do it all.

another stupid question, moving to windows 7 is obviously a better idea yeah? privacy isnt a big concern i just want more customisation n stuff
>>
Whats the best Linux based OS for my android phone that isn't android?
>>
>>62036882
This days you have 2 options.

Either use Windows 7 Ultimate x64 or use Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB.
>>
>>62036888
Android open source project or some arm based linux with support for your device
>>
>>62036930
polite sage

could you direct me somewhere to figure out which would be better for me to use?

ive heard about LTSB, but im not sure what is better in terms of customability. i want sleekness and comfort above all else.
>>
>>62037006
You have a computer older than 2015? Windows 7 Ultimate.
Your computer is recent and came with Windows 10 but you wanna remove as much botnet as possible and have some control over it? Windows 10 LTSB.
>>
>>62037036
i built my PC so i dont know how to answer this question
>>
>>62036951
That's were im getting stumped, their seems to be a lot of them. Got any suggestions? KDE Plasma shows up in a lot of searches, which unironicly makes me trust it less.
>>
>>62037036
>>62037039
what hardware am i thinking about, i really dont know which one to choose.

i think ill go with windows 7 ult.
>>
>>62020654
Would DSR be a viable option to get my framerate lower to 60fps to get less tearing?
>>
Grabbing a video card for a friend whose recent card died and has to use his old 5770 in the meantime. Found both a GTX 1050 and GTX 960 for the same price but not sure which one to go with. I know the 960 is a bit faster but is a generation older. Both are 2GB but he mostly plays less intensive games at 1080 so it shouldn't be too bad for him.

tl;dr: 1050 or 960?
>>
What should I get for remote control on Windows (that allows me to control it from Android too)?
>>
>>62037508
Splashtop or TeamViewer worked for me
>>
>>62036248
Maybe someone who used to have your IP got banned. Appeal If you think you did nothing wrong.
>>
>>62037131
I don't know of anything non-android, but you can install the debian package manager if you have busy box and root privileges on your phone. Pretty close.
>>
>>62037491
is a 970 out of his price range? I'm seeing them on ebay for 200, about 50-60 dollars more than a 960
>>
How are Git comments meant to be used?
On the one hand, I don't want to add each file separately to the index, giving each one a unique comment, that sounds like it'd take ages on large projects.
On the other, I don't know if adding all the files to the index each with the same comment is any better..
How is it meant to work?
>>
>>62037906
Git comments are used to spread social justice.
>>
Is there anything for linux to output a musical spectrum as a video file?
>>
File: 3dYFXsC.jpg (42KB, 356x414px) Image search: [Google]
3dYFXsC.jpg
42KB, 356x414px
Ok, I'm probably a retard for asking this, but.

I built my computer 6 years ago and I've got a i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz. When I check the speed through task manager, the speeds vary between ~3.5GHz to 3.7GHz at like <5% utilization. Never dipping below 3.5. All I'm doing is watching Netflix.

I thought CPU's would underclock when doing practically nothing, and not stay above the advertised speeds. Also, can you overclock a non-K series processor? Looking at reviews people say they're getting 3.9-4.0GHz pretty easy, what's the best way to overclock a cpu nowadays?
>>
>>62027087
any last second feedback on this (Nightly color discrepancy) before the thread falls off the board?
>>
>>62020654
if i cant see my usb flash drive with "lsusb" does that mean that its broken for real (like hardware issue)
>>
Do people still use asp mvc?
>>
trying to enable cgi and instead of
$ sudo ln -s ../mods-available/cgi.load

I typed
$ sudo ln -s ../mods-available.cgi.load

how do I fix. I only half understand the symbolic links.
>>
Would you call a language a "tool"?
Writing a profile and want to know what else it could be called. e.g.:
"...experience in a range of languages, with my choice of tools being C++ and Java."

What else could you call it?
>>
i'm using ad nauseam in firefox and what can i do to allow pictures through? like on reddit and here and all over the place, images are blocked.
>>
>>62039248
>ad nauseam
placebo
>>
File: what a fucking gay dog.png (173KB, 308x297px) Image search: [Google]
what a fucking gay dog.png
173KB, 308x297px
lads I bought a new laptop and I can't help but notice that it seems like there's two circular spots where the display is a bit brighter than the rest.
it's not super noticiable, only when the entire screen is the same color.

am I fucked or do I just need to let it take some time?
there's also one fucking dead pixel but I doubt they'll take it back unless there's at least 6 or some shit.
>>
>>62039248
Stop using it. Use Ghostery or DoNotTrack or some shit.

>>62038613
Try another port or on another computer. See if it's a linux issue or hardware issue.

>>62037508
Google Remote Desktop is by far the best one.

>>62036155
SSD or better internet connection.

>>62035440
Go to a forum specifically for ham radio's, and not here. /r/amateurradio/ or https://www.hamradioforum.net/ are two places my brother uses since he's big into that stuff.

>>62034528
Microsoft Licensing Fulfillment and is usually associated with a volume license agreement. Do you even google bro?

>>62034546
You can't.You need to crossfire or SLI, whatever the fuck it's called for the card you have, then plug in the monitors to the first video card only.

>>62034251
http://laptopmedia.com/highlights/list-of-all-geforce-gtx-1050-1050-ti-laptops-release-dates-specs-prices-updated-june-2017/
>>
is wine enough to run microshit meme apps? i'm being forced to use some windows apps but i'd still like the efficiency and freedom of loonix
thinkpad t420 btw
>>
File: 1490982550791.png (183KB, 386x406px) Image search: [Google]
1490982550791.png
183KB, 386x406px
LTSB or Windows 7 Ultimate?

someone advise me on which to use please.
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.