[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>spend billions training billions of captchas >fail the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: stop.jpg (381KB, 788x857px) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
381KB, 788x857px
>spend billions training billions of captchas
>fail
the current state of self driving AI meme lmao
>>
Why go through all that effort? Just steal the stop sign. The self driving car can't see what's not there!
>>
This is a shit idea to begin with. If you're going to have self driving cards you need to adapt the roads and signs and rules to suit them. Trying to get them to read road signs made for humans is just a waste of time.
>>
I think they're jumping the gun here. Just make us cars that can autopilot on highways to start with. Let me hop onto an onramp, set the destination exit, and wake me up five miles before we get there. I can handle the short city driving.
>>
Ez. Just use many defaced examples in the training. Make defacing signs a higher penalty as well
>>
>>62010741
This.
I don't understand why they are not doing that already.
>>
>>62010315
Just pivot and have the AI reach to a local database on street sign/traffic law info

Really not that fuckin hard.
>>
why don't city planners just submit their stop sign locations to the gps systems

>>62010741
>>62010374
>Make defacing signs a higher penalty as well
this
contributing to vandalism with "techy" methods does not make it not vandalism
you are still a hood rat
>>
>>62010859
Yeah this. These things are going to be super sophisticated running a fucking cluster of GPUs under the hood and have 5G and shit, and they're still fucking reading signs in the street? Seems a bit dumb. Self driving car future means no signs of any kind anywhere. They're pointless when at that point you'll either rely fully on your smart device for navigation if you're on a bike even or whatever.
>>
>>62010859
That will cost taxpayers hundreds of thousands, maybe millions. All for retards that can't drive.
>>
>>62010374
It's much easier to spray some paint than to steal the whole sign.
This should set self-driving cars back another 10 years, easily.
>>
>>62010921
One could spend a day just driving around with a buddy and hitting signs with paintballs out the window. Fun and way faster than going around on foot and being caught spraying shit.
>>
>>62010911
Well. Government agencies are already maintaining detailed road maps. And update them when issues happen.
So I don't see a problem adding signs to the mix.
>>
>>62010798
this, right now your gps often tells you the speed limit
getting additional data should be a relative simple task
OP just go told
>>
>>62010969
>OP just go told
yes it hurts me really bad to see billions wasted on memes lmao
>>
>>62010315
Stop signs are the only sign with that shape.
Stop signs can be put into the map.
There is usually a reason to stop (a weird intersection or something) and the CSR should stop regardless.
People who whine about this is not part of solving the problem
>>
>>62010315
>not using chink slaves to tag stop signs on gps.
>>
File: 1473352817090.jpg (247KB, 1224x1445px) Image search: [Google]
1473352817090.jpg
247KB, 1224x1445px
The algorithm used for this wasn't even one being used by autonomous car makers, please stop posting clickbait articles and spinning them as real journalism OP
>>
>>62010398
Signs are put up as a temporary measure around construction.
Since humans have not developed the capabilities to communicate yet, this is the only way anyone who isn't doing the construction currently knows about the rules.
In an ideal world, we would have a system where it is easy for government officials to correct the map data.
It can be done as an overlay where it automatically turns itself on in the scheduled period, should the maps not be updated daily.
>>
>>62011080
What are you talking about? We have the ability to communicate. It's called SIGNS. It's not our fault stupid computers are stupid.
>>
>>62010756

>I don't understand why they are not doing that already.

They likely are but any story will do for the media and idiots like OP
>>
File: 1489767883447.jpg (179KB, 1024x708px) Image search: [Google]
1489767883447.jpg
179KB, 1024x708px
>When the globalists want to botnet transportation but the very same vermin they imported and their unruly behaviour sets them back and makes them waste money
>>
>>62010921
One would think they would just look at city and police ordinance and figure out the specific speeds and signs at accompanying locations. These things are usually kept up to date quite well. Only problem would be locations where signs go missing (vandalism, trucks running over signs when turning) and the self driving car just stops when nobody expects it to.
>>
>>62011021
>The algorithm used for this wasn't even one being used by autonomous car makers. source: the inside of my anus
>>
>>62010911
>That will cost taxpayers hundreds of thousands, maybe millions.

For America that is not even considered a rounding error. Sucks that you live in a poor hell hole I guess.
>>
File: 1459994183063.jpg (64KB, 538x482px) Image search: [Google]
1459994183063.jpg
64KB, 538x482px
>>62010315
>spraypaint stop signs and pedestrian crossings the night before lgbt parades
>??
>profit
>>
>>62011232
>Spray paint or sticker the signs rainbow colours (with black and brown stripes to be inclusive of course to the oppressed mudskins)
>people think it's a festive treat by the city
>Mass homosexual carnage
It will be even funnier when they need an emergency supply of blood and none of fags can donate because they all have diseases
>>
>>62011142
I meant that if the city planner who decides when and where to do road construction also had the capability to correct the map information so the GPS would know about slowdowns, blocked roads etc, the problem would be solved that way.
Obviously giving access to the public is a problem.
>>
>>62010315
Just include a fucking map onboard that shows where stops/lights are. A car could even drive itself with absolute 0 visibility that way.
>>
>>62010921
this is a good thing desu
>>
>>62011632
>Obviously giving access to the public is a problem.
Why? A realish-time map of slowdowns would allow drivers to pick alternate routes, pushing excess traffic onto otherwise-empty streets and improving the throughput of the road network as a whole. In fact, google maps already shows heavy traffic as well as construction zones and reported accidents.
>>
>>62011950
GPS isn't nearly accurate enough for that.
>>
>>62010374
Because it's to make a point
This is the thorough real-world testing that self-driving cars never got before
>>
>>62010859
Because the vast majority of stop signs are actually not legally recognized
Fun fact
>>
>>62011950
If the car has "absolute 0 visibility", how would it know what color the lights are, or when it can safely proceed in a situation where it has to yield to other traffic, such as at a two-way stop, or an unprotected left turn?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.