[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>buys a MacBook Pro >only uses it for email, surfing the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_0888.jpg (510KB, 1879x1061px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0888.jpg
510KB, 1879x1061px
>buys a MacBook Pro
>only uses it for email, surfing the web and writing documents

Why do so many normies unironically do this?
>>
>it juts werks :D
>>
Their parents don't know any better
>>
You know that MacBook pros post-2015 are not meant for professional use, right?
>>
>>62005601
>>62005615
>>62005626

But they spend literally $2000 to do something a used $50 windows PC can do.

Is it a brain defect?
>>
>>62005593
what else are you gonna use that shit for anyway? any professional will use something with a docking station port, not some toys'r'us shit that needs a bazillion dongles just to use an external mouse
>>
rich normies do this because apple products are a status symbol

everyone knows this stop appleposting
>>
>>62005643
Some people legitimately like the ecosystem and so, but most of people just buy it for status and nothing else.
>>
>>62005655
usb-c/thunderbolt 3 has undeniable merit
only non-forward thinking dumbfucks are opposed to its adoption
>>
>>62005643
Or any low-end computer with puppy or lubuntu on it.
>>
File: macshills.png (2MB, 5497x2841px) Image search: [Google]
macshills.png
2MB, 5497x2841px
>>
>>62005643
>Is it a brain defect?

To be fair that's what they probably think of your autismo gaming station
>>
>>62005698
forward thinking with present unusability
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
>>62005692
You can use osx/macos ecosystem without a macbook

>t. hackintosh Thinkpad X220 I got for $100 on craigslist
>>
>>62005799
Where did he mention being a gamer?
>>
>>62005698
When it catches on yes
But right now we're in this current awful limbo of shittiness:
>only 2 ports unless really fucking shelling out for the other stupid shit like the touchbar
>on other laptops, most ports will be usb only, only a certain one will support charging, only a certain other one will support tb3
>>
>>62005698
I'll be more forward thinking when the base model has more than 2 fucking ports
it's fine when it's only 2 usb ports but not when those ports are also the charging and video out ports
>>
>>62005946
None of those are apple's fault faggot
>first is your fault for not getting the 4 port version
>second is other laptop manufacturers being lazy and cheapasses
>>
Because most of them have more money than brains. It's not like you can do much more than browse facebook on those pieces of shit. The 2015 macbook"pro" constantly overheats and throttles the CPU to 0.8 GHz.
>>
>>62006011
>it's your fault for not paying hundreds more for a basic feature!
>it's everyone else's fault for using standard ports!
>>
>>62006064
this
>>
>>62005924
>no updates
>some software crashes
>random kernal panics
>irritating amounts of trouble shooting

yeah the "mac os" experience.

You thinkpad faggots need to die. All of you. you're the fucking worst part of this ENTIRE board.
>>
File: 20170820_134024.jpg (643KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170820_134024.jpg
643KB, 2048x1152px
I like my smooth animations.
>>
>>62005643
Why spend 50$ when you can dig around the dumpster, get a 20 year old machine, install some minimal bsd on it and it'll even kinda work.
>>
>>62005626
what is "professional use"?
>>
File: ClLwkSJXIAAjd9L.jpg (293KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
ClLwkSJXIAAjd9L.jpg
293KB, 2048x1536px
>>62005593
>16:10 aspect ratio
>high resolution glass display
>full metal unibody
>no keyboard flex
>best trackpad
>quiet
>macOS
man, I don't know there are a lot of reasons why. not all of us are poorfags and can afford to pay for a nicer computing experience.
>>
>Why do so many normies
>so many

Who the fuck told you this? Most normies have $400 winshit machines.
>>
>>62008050
literally ALL I fucking want is an x220 with a good screen res

literally my ideal laptop
>>
>>62005753
>5 threads
>over THREE days

Is this a joke?
>>
>>62008271
Yeah man, I want to get a 2nd x220 and try doing the 1080p mod if I can get my hands on one of those nitro boards.
>>
>>62005593
it's not their money
>>
File: 1496503364180.gif (5KB, 200x175px) Image search: [Google]
1496503364180.gif
5KB, 200x175px
>>62005593
Because even OS X is better than Winshit and they don't know about Ubuntu, even though Ubuntu also has an app store with better programs for free, also has common Unix tools and a similar permissions system, a similar directory structure, and a similar UI in Unity shell with a dock and universal menu bar that has application options and date/time and other widgets. The problem again is that people just don't know about it. A major manufacturer like Dell, HP, Lenovo, Acer, or ASUS would have to put up an option on all (not just a few) of their machines, where you can choose to have Ubuntu preinstalled and save $100 or something. I think Dell did this but it was only on a couple of models. I suppose this could be solved if Canonical were to talk to HP or something and pay them a few dollars for every so many machines they include a Ubuntu bootable flash drive in. 2GB USB flash drives are like $1 or less a unit if you buy them in bulk.
>>
>>62005626
They're great for interacting with a multi million dollar HPC
Just because you're poor and can't waste tax dollars for a comfy OS doesn't mean you have to be mad
>>
>>62006723
>You thinkpad faggots need to die. All of you. you're the fucking worst part of this ENTIRE board.
So you're salty because fagOS can be installed on standard x86 hardware? Your OS isn't special, and neither is your hardware. /g/ laughs at you cunts because your electronics are literally fashion accessories to you.

My sides are gone.
>>
>>62009475
MACTODDLERS BTFO
>>
>best screen on a laptop
>probably best ssd too
>can open all your normie shit tabs at once and forget to close them without slowdown
>play overwatch on windows
>usb c
>good materials and design

but muh thinkpad can do normiebook too
>>
>>62005593
I have a 6 year old 2011 MBP thats my personal laptop. I get newer laptops from work, but this is my personal one. They have quite a good build quality. I might replace the battery soon, but aside from that I have no needs. Might get a bigger SSD. It just works.
>>
File: 62346763287432834.jpg (31KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
62346763287432834.jpg
31KB, 500x367px
>>62005593
>buys hidpi display with flawless hidpi support on the OS level and good font rendering, as well as a ton of commercial typefaces included
>only uses it for text-heavy applications

what a retard, innit?
>>
>>62006064
USB Type-C IS a standard you faggot, it's everyone else's fault for being stuck in the last decade
>2017
>wangdows manufacturers still sell laptops with VGA ports because "it's a standard!"
>>
I actually bought an iPad Pro to do just that OP, fight me.
>>
>>62009625
Are you seriously so delusional that you are willing to pretend that he wasn't talking about Thunderbolt, aka FireWire 2: Electric Boogaloo?
>>
>>62009648
Except iPads (and all tablets in general) were designed to do that.
>>
>Installs loonix
>Only uses it for surfing the web and watching chinese cartoons

Why so so many neets unironically do this?
>>
>>62009439
the whole preinstall linux as an option for cheaper was tried already and was an absolute failure.
Linux has had many chances to become mainstream and has failed everytime. ironically, android is what linux could have been if someone had the smarts to do it 20 years ago.
>>
>>62006723
>no updates
False, only people who believe this are the ones who have never built a hackintosh.
Minor updates are installed as in any other mac, major updates might require some tinkering.
I've been updating my hackintosh since Mavericks

>some software crashes
The only crash i've had on a hackintosh has been on steam, but that is because steam is a pos and crashes even on "real macs"

>random kernal panics
Only if you are too stupid and used wrong/unstable kexts.
I have never had a KP happen to me, ever.

>irritating amounts of trouble shooting
Arch/gentoo are much more annoying to set up and require tweaking almost daily and they are praised on here.

Pic related, i paid $150 bucks for that thing, which is about 1/10 of what i what i would've paid for a mac with similar specs.
>>
>>62009871
>i5-4570
>$150
Nice made up story.
>>
>>62009891
Someone has never heard of prebuilts
>>
>>62005643
>But they spend literally $2000

The cheapest one is $1300.
>>
I was literally about to do this.
I have a W520 at home and I want something that actually looks good when I go to the library
>>
>>62009871
>Arch/gentoo are much more annoying to set up and require tweaking almost daily
If you think Arch (or Ubuntu minimal, which is very slightly simpler) is harder to install and maintain than a Hackintosh, you are either lying or so religiously obsessed with Apple that you don't care whether it's true or not.

Case in point:
>Only if you are too stupid and used wrong/unstable kexts.
Typing in five commands is too much work, but writing your own fucking driver because none exists that works correctly is clearly elegant and simple and easy. The Linux kernel has support for more hardware than any of us have even heard of.
>>
It's habit at this point. When my macbook was my only computer I used it for everything and it worked well. I replaced it with another macbook after graduating. But now I have a nice desktop so it's mainly for relaxing on the couch or bed and a $300 laptop could do that just as well.
>>
>>62009945
I have used both arch and hackintosh for a long while, and arch is a pain in the ass to maintain, it breaks for fucking nothing because muh bleeding edge software.
Hackintosh is only hard to set up, but once you are there you are good to go since it requires no maintenance.

>you are either lying or so religiously obsessed with Apple
Or maybe you are religiously obsessed with your neet software?
If i was obsessed with apple id own a "real" mac to start with.
Also, im not even defending macOS, im just pointing out the whole "hackintosh is impossible to set up!!/you cant install updates!!!!" thing is bullshit.

>but writing your own fucking driver because none exists that works correctly is clearly elegant and simple and easy
If only there was a way to obtain kexts... i dont know, maybe tonymacx86, or osxlatitude or one of the thousand webs out there filled with kexts and guides on how to set up a hackintosh...
>>
I'll admit that I spent $2,000 on my MacBook Pro 15 and only use it for Word and browsing the internet. It's my work laptop, and it's great.
>>
>>62010098
Nice

It feels awesome to trigger poorfags, isn't it?
>>
>>62009766
Android IS Linux
>>
>>62009940
If you wanna get laid buy a car or sthng
>>
>>62005593

All the Linux and devops guys at my office use Macs
>>
>>62010311
I do have car. Stop projecting
>>
>>62005927
Right there
>>
>>62010158
I pay no mind to them. I need equipment that's reliable. I'm sure people here will chide me and say, "Reliable? You could have gotten X laptop and saved Y dollars." However, I doubt many detractors leave the desk or the couch and have never had to scramble because equipment failed on a critical assignment, at a major meeting or during a presentation. It's happened to me twice, and each time negatively affected my job. My coworkers recommended a MacBook Pro, I bit the bullet invested in one, and in three years I've only had one problem, which was quickly resolved with a reboot. So to "poorfags" can be "triggered" all day long, and it won't change the fact that, at least in my industry, the MacBook is the professional's choice for a reason. No hassles. Dependable. Reliable.
>>
>best form factor
>stellar battery life
>low weight
>best trackpad
>amazing OS features like swipe gestures when dicking around or word documenting
>looks amazing
>best durability

Idk man maybe they're just dumber than us?
>>
File: 1501742097888.jpg (23KB, 258x360px) Image search: [Google]
1501742097888.jpg
23KB, 258x360px
>>62010518
>>
>>62005593
It's not about what you do, but about how you do it.
>>
Due to macOS being basically the most flawless OS there is running best on Apple hardware obviously, its a bit of a no brainier.

That person who bought a MBP for $1,200 is wondering why you spent $3,500 for a computer that only plays video games and posts on 4chan when you could have just gotten a console.
>>
>>62010486
Amen
I read somewhere that the best and most stable Windows computer... is a macbook.
Overpriced? not really when your job depends on it (ive had a similar experience to you)
>>
File: DSC05549.jpg (839KB, 2560x1707px) Image search: [Google]
DSC05549.jpg
839KB, 2560x1707px
The screen alone is worth the purchase. Basically everything about the whole package is perfect. Its a luxury item, and you'll obviously pay a premium. However, this isn't /v/ nor is it /biz/. Macs are exempt from the autismal gaymur price-to-performance shit that Windows laptops are evaluated by for the very fact they run a custom OS and not generic Windows, so you cannot compare the two. Apple has no competition until another laptop maker decides to make a custom OS for their own hardware. This isn't a hard concept to understand.
>>
>>62010621
>t. mactoddler
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.