[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's stopping you from using edge browser as your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: Microsoft_Edge.png (49KB, 1280x1365px) Image search: [Google]
Microsoft_Edge.png
49KB, 1280x1365px
What's stopping you from using edge browser as your primary browser?
>>
My Linux distro
>>
My IQ
>>
>>62003417
botnet, shitty addons, buggy as fuck. lot of things, really.
7/10 bait, replied.
>>
1. Fuck Windows 10. I used it for six months and went back to 7.
2. Almost zero addon compatibility, the best you can get is an adblocker
3. Related to above, zero options to customize the UI. I should be able to shape what I use to fit my needs and preferences.
>>
>>62003417
Still uses Trident engine (should have been outlawed years ago)
Not compatible with GNU/Linux
Closed Source
>>
>>62003449
This

Also OP is massive faggot
>>
>have to use Windows 10
>have to use Edge
>>
>>62003505
>Closed Source
The javascript engine is open source
>>
>>62003657
I want the layout engine open sourced, or replaced with open source.
Then I want the people responsible for IE6 tried for crimes against humanity.
>>
>>62003690
EdgeHTML open source probably will happen eventually
>>
I do webdev.

We don't even support IE <= 9, because fuck anybody using that.
>>
>>62003417
I actually had to start using it again as the securities website I use for placing orders won't work on Chrome / Oracle / Firefox.
It worked on Chrome for a bit, but after a security upgrade at their server site it doesn't even work.
So Edge it is.
>>
>>62003736
We're down to just IE11, after having to wait forever for IE6 to die watching the others die off rapidly has been very satisfying.

Now the biggest problems are Edge (still IE), and Safari (especially iOS).
>>
>>62003847
We just don't support anything with < 2% usage/sales (seen in our analytics.) or anything older than 2 generations.

And agreed, all iOS is a bitch. Fuck Apple for making all browsers use the same engine
>>
>>62003449
Haha sorry dumbass
>>
>>62003449
>Microsoft open source edge and edgehtml and is available on linux
Then what?
>>
>>62003881
We have similar policies in place now, but it took the longest time for old IE to drop below our threshold because we had so many users clinging to XP systems.
>>
I used it for awhile, it's not bad. Moved back to Firefox recently though.
>>
>>62003417
it's better than IE, I give it that, but that's a ridiculously low bar.
It STILL renders websites worse than every other browser and there are some things that simply won't work.
Microsoft just simply cannot into browsers and they shoud stop trying.

>>62003736
I work in webdev too and I know my company charges extra for supporting every version of IE.
>>
>>62003881
How much longer will IE 6-10 still cling on to existence?
>>
>>62003948
Laugh, turn 360 degrees and walk away
>>
>>62003417
>Win10
lel

>>62003690
IE6 wasn't bad in 2001.
>>
>>62003417
I don't use Windows 10
>>
>>62004056
>turn 360 degrees
>walk away
you'll return to the same place dum ass
>>
>>62004086
It's a meme you dip
>>
>>62004001
Well, surprisingly, we're an e-comm with average user age of 45-65. And we just stopped supporting IE9 in the past few months. 8 and below haven't been on our radar since we started using some Bootstrap.

>>62004038
I only do in-house stuff. So thankfully, no idiot clients who think they need to support all the way back to Netscape.

>>62004041
Sadly, as long as people are too dumb to upgrade Windows. AFAIK, everything up to and including IE11 is baked in at an OS level. Which is why Microsoft doesn't ever release upgrades to old IE. Also, why IE 10/11 support an older version of CSS Grid, and won't ever get support for the current spec as their respective OS's are EOL.

But fuck ever developing for Opera.
>>
>>62004090
>spotted the newfig
>>
>>62004064
>IE6 wasn't bad in 2001.

I was doing webdev work back then. It wasn't as bad as it was once its was 15 years old and still in use, but it was still bad even at the start.
>>
>>62003417
I don't use Windows as my primary Operating System.
>>
>>62004179
It was always terrible
>>
>>62003417
Proprietary. I also prefer firefox nightly.

>>62004064
Internet wasn't as shit in 2001. Current websites are bloat.
>>
>>62003417
The fact that I use GNU/Linux and not Windows, and only use Free Software wherever possible.
>>
>>62003417
Lack of Webm support. That's it.
>>
It started crashing on me recently. Just sitting there on a fully loaded single tab. I looked it up and apparently this is a somewhat common problem.
>>
File: microsoft-edge.webm (2MB, 1786x892px) Image search: [Google]
microsoft-edge.webm
2MB, 1786x892px
I use Arch GNU/Linux
>>
>>62003417
My [spoiler]windows 7
>>
It's not better than Chromium.

Dev tools are just total crap.
No huge granularity of control as you have with flags in Chromium.
No easy to roll your own JS-based add-ons like in Chromium.
Low support for web standards, compared to Chromium, which supports just about anything.
Canvas performance is worse than in Chromium.

I could go on.
>>
>>62003417
vp8 vp8 vp8 vp8

otherwise it would be wonderful with the ultra smooth scrolling, browser built into windows and battery life
>>
>>62003417
The edge browser is what's stopping me from using the edge browser on my FORCED m$ pc at work.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.