[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here has the thin MacBook (the one without fans)? What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: vpavic_170605_1753_0016_verge.0.jpg (173KB, 1310x873px) Image search: [Google]
vpavic_170605_1753_0016_verge.0.jpg
173KB, 1310x873px
Anyone here has the thin MacBook (the one without fans)? What do you think about it?

I'm thinking to get one for home use (I already have a work laptop). Mainly web browsing, media consumption, programming on some personal projects of mine. I want a great screen and good battery life, I want macOS, and I don't use USB ports much so I don't care about the lack of them.
>>
>>61997101
it's a lot of money for something with such poor specs, the only reason you should get one is if you really really need it to be compact, even then you have better options like the LG gram or even the macbook air.
>>
>>61997101
>mac
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
*inhale*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>61997132

HURR DURR, suggest a fuckfest of the LG gram, which is ugly AF and thicker, and not better in any way.

>>61997101

Why are you asking here? Don't you see this is full of NEETs and Pajeets with 10 year old Chinkpads?
>>
>>61997101
I went to buy one and the guy talked me out of it because the specs are so shit. the MacBook Pro was on sale for the same price as thin new MacBook retina one. glad I went for the upgrade, the specs on the MBP I have are great, originally I wanted the thin and light one but after using this I don't even notice that its heavier. BTW this is my first mac
>>
>>61997132
I already have an aging MacBook air, the screen kinda sucks.

There's nice Windows laptops at better prices, I know, but I work with Windows on a daily basis and if I had to use it at home I would cut my wrists.
>>
>>61997148
n-gram
>>
>>61997101
If you want something that's small, has no fans and good battery life, get an atom based laptop or a tablet. I don't think these are hackintoshable, but you won't pay the Apple tax for them.
>>
>>61997142
A Mac is probably OK although there're better options but MacOS is gay.
>>
>>61997101
if you need a mac laptop, buy a macbook pro
>>
I do. Macbook retina 2016. I think its great, screen and battery life are nice, comparable to the pro or even better. Quite underpowered, it cant have a lot of tabs in heavy js sites for example. Videos work fine, most text editors should work fine too.
>>
>>61997505
The 2016 model is the one I'm considering, as it's discounted on a local store and it costs more or less like the current MacBook air.

I don't know what to do. I don't really need a lot of power (I program on emacs, for example. I don't edit video or shit like that), but I'm worried I would miss more performance after a couple of years.
>>
>>61997591
Eh.
Emacs been the same for 30 years.
>>
>>61997101
I would seriously consider the new IPad Pro.
It's a lot cheaper(but you would need to buy keyboard to it) and with iOS 11 it might be really good.
>>
>>61997633
Oh sorry I hadn't seen you need it for programming too.
Than you won't get anything better than what you have already choosen just remember it's not a powerful machine but it should be fine.
>>
>>61997653
If I didn't programming I would just get the $400 iPad and be done with it to be honest.
>>
>>61997633

I have an iPad Pro and a MBP 2015

The MacBook Pro is only used for doing my business accounts... it's tempting to ditch both and replace with the skinny MacBook

I already have an iPhone which does most of what the iPad can do

I resent owning 3 Apple devices
>>
I would get the zenbook, same quality and specs, half the price
>>
>>61997101
Get an ipad or Pixel C for media consumption.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.