[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I use kubuntu/ubuntu mate/xubuntu/lubuntu/or the normal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1502637614595.png (16KB, 738x521px) Image search: [Google]
1502637614595.png
16KB, 738x521px
Should I use kubuntu/ubuntu mate/xubuntu/lubuntu/or the normal ubuntu
I won't use ubuntu budgie because it's kinda laggier than the other ones
>>
use gentoo
>>
>>61952167
you should use the one you like, retard
>>
>>61952191
i want the one that's the most compatible with stuff, retard
>>
>>61952218
what stuff?
>>
>>61952218
That all really depends what you need it for. Though I would avoid lubuntu/lxde if you have a computer that was made in the last 5 years. It's pretty bare bones compared to everything else.
>>
>>61952242
Everyone praises kde and says it's the best de
Is that true, anon
>>
>>61952167
Xubutnu or Kubuntu

MATE is shit.
LXDE is abandoned, wait for LXQt to start being stable if you want Lubuntu.
Unity is also abandoned, so between it and GNOME you should choose GNOME.
>>
File: 1499521975500.png (35KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1499521975500.png
35KB, 600x500px
>>61952167
This one
>>
>>61952274
Yeah its good if you like customization and if you have a decent computer
Just try Xubuntu and Kubuntu in a VM and see which one you like better.
>>
>>61952167
Just use the main version.
>>
Xubuntu didnt load for me for some reason. Some error about some file missing. Kubuntu loaded just fine. Is there any reason to use Xubuntu over Kubuntu really? Also should i use LTS or the latest version?
>>
>>61952239
DRUGS? How on Earth did you get involved with drugs? What, were you giving them to him? selling them to him?
>>
Ubuntu or KDE neon?
>>
>>61952167
davekat
>>
ubuntu minimal and install i3 on it
>>
Running Xubuntu, Lubuntu, and Ubuntu Mate on different computers
Would rec either one honestly
>>
>>61952274
If you want latest KDE install KDE Neon, it's just Ubuntu 16.04 with latest KDE packages. Otherwise, install whatever you bloody like, the underlying system is the same.
>>
>>61955774
Ubuntu / Kubuntu
KDE Neon is unstable as fuck.
>>
>>61952167
Lubuntu for lightweight
Xubuntu for ubuntu without amazon botnet and xfce
Kubuntu if you like KDE apps
Kubuntu with Trinity for patriachy-tier DE
Ubuntu if you're a cuck
Debian if you like the apt package ma'ager but want an actual real OS
>>
>>61952167
you can have most/all of them installed in your system. just install some random *ubuntu and then install the *-desktop packages with apt-get
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.