[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to go no root for my new phone. Since it's fast,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: norootandroid.png (38KB, 426x323px) Image search: [Google]
norootandroid.png
38KB, 426x323px
Trying to go no root for my new phone. Since it's fast, and has the latest Android, I really would rather just stick with the stock OS, debloat it a bit, and use Nova launcher.

Some things I miss such as adblocking and TWRP backups.

To those anons that don't root, what do you use to compensate for the lack of rooting features?

So far, I find myself using Firefox for web browsing with uBlock Origin. That works pretty well for blocking YouTube and website ads.
>>
I'm on the same ship m8, I got a honor 8 and since it had a build in firewall (my must have) I didn't rush to root it, specially since my bank became very anal recently about root, I miss adaway and xposed but I can't live without them, I'll wait for a stable pure android rom with magisk and xposed before I unlock and root
>>
Same here. I've been using my Nexus 5x stock since I got it. The ads get annoying but most of the apps I use don't have them or I buy the unlocked version for a couple bucks using gplay money I've racked up through random Google promos. Also I'm subscribed to Google play music and YouTube red comes with it so no ads on YouTube. For my browser I just stick with chrome but I might try Firefox with unlock now that you mention it.

I hate that a large portion of apps don't work if they detect root. In some cases I understand like for banks but other like streaming apps they're just being greedy.
>>
>>61951231
Opera has built-in adblocker.
>>
>>61951405
Ya, Firefox with uBlock is pretty good. Though the one feature Firefox doesn't seem to have, which Chrome does, is automatically enlarging parts of the screen so you can precisely tap something small. If Firefox does offer that, I have yet to figure out how to turn it on.
>>
>>61951460
That is really handy feature....I guess you could always keep chrome around for those moments.
>>
>>61951231

get a dumphone desu
>>
>>61951231
>de bloat
> installs Nova launcher
ye ok what ever
>>
Nothing much, really. I haven't used a rooted phone in so long that I forget what the benefit really was. I don't care about adblocking or backups.
>>
>>61951231
>>61951405
>>61951460
Firefox on android feels so fucking slow compared to Chrome
>>
>>61952405
Then point a good launcher.
>>
There was some anti-anti root method to block those apps. Like snapchat and some bank apps. But i don't see how useful could be to have my bank account accessible on my phone
>>
I am a proud user of a custom pajeet ROM with Magisk systemless root, stock Google apps replaced by microG, a double-custom kernel (renamed and self-compiled LlamaSweet), F2FS-formatted cache and data, systemless ViPER4Android, systemless DNSCrypt and a prefixed Gentoo install and I see absolutely no reason why one would not root their phone.
>>
>>61952830
redbox me on Viper4Android, i keep seeing that name pop up.
is it some audiophile placebo?
>>
>>61952899
I'd say a small part of it might be placebo since I haven't thoroughly tested every effect to see if it would make a difference in sound. Most things definitely do work very well, however, and they can be really useful if you wanna have a different audio experience and boost your audiophile autism.
It can do crazy things, like nearly bursting your headphones with an insane bass boost, without sounding distorted or applying a 1200m2 reverb effect, you would believe you're sitting in a cathedral. The only downside is that it sucks battery like crazy.
>>
>>61952481

you don't belong on /g/
>>
>>61951231
Adguard for adblocking and Tasker with Autotools with adb permissions, i barely miss root.

Also ice box for package disabling on demand.
>>
DNS66 for adblocking.
>>
>>61951346
Get rootcloak for xposed
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.