[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am trying to buy a US thinkpad and import into Europe (ireland).

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

I am trying to buy a US thinkpad and import into Europe (ireland). My plan to avoid paying import duty and vat is to use a mail forwarding service and hope for the best..

Anyone come up with a less retarded plan?

Ideally Id get the mail forwarder to remove all the packaging and just send the laptop and documentation separately and put in a letter stating its my personal laptop I left in the states.. Thats the best I can come up with..
>>
>>61946808
why not just buying it from some eu reseller?
>>
>>61946808
You posted your intentions on-line. Customs will be expecting a package sent to your address now. Doesn't matter which excuse you use, you just confessed your intentions to break he law.

Remember that you live in one of the most heavily internet activity monitoring countries in the world.
>>
>>61946842
nice meme
>>
>>61946819
Yeah, I am trying that but theres currently 30% discount off new thinkpads in the states on the lenovo online outlet. Sorry I cant talk today, I am still drunk from last night.
>>
File: mm95_etu150511STL_jm.jpg (141KB, 820x500px) Image search: [Google]
mm95_etu150511STL_jm.jpg
141KB, 820x500px
>>61946808
>less retarded pla
Get the computer sended to Finland because Finland does not have import duty for computer or computer parts. Then have somebody to send that computer from Finland to Ireland because no import duty inside EU.
>>
>>61947008
This actually makes sense..... Have you tried this? Must investigate.... If I find this is true post your btc address
>>
>>61947022
Actually I wont know if its you or not ha.. forgot where I was.. I must give up drinking whiskey.
>>
>>61947022
There is a catch thou that you might end to have pay VAT but the good thing is customs dont give a fuck about what taxman does so the change of getting letter from taxoffice is bassicly 0%. Then again you can wipe your ass with bills from Finland goberments and claim that you cant pay the tax because you dont have Finnish social ID which you need to pay that bill.
>>
>>61947108
Ill have a look. Just looking for lower risk of importation.
>>
>>61947008
I see on forums that you still have to pay customs for new computers outside the EU.
>>
>>61947157
Not in Finland because IT is super serial business so importing computars is what goberment wants thus no custom duties. You might end up paying VAT but change of getting that bill is close to zero.

So yeah your forums are wrong
>>
>>61947289
I want to find some independent source besides yourself anon. Thanks for the tip.
>>
>>61947289
Thanks anon. One last question, do they hold the goods until you pay the VAT?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (30KB, 757x394px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
30KB, 757x394px
>>61947347
http://tulli.fi/henkiloasiakkaat/netista-tilaajalle/tullilaskuri

Try that itst he official customs counter for importing goods

I did it for you because I doubt you can read mongolian. I did it for computer/laptop/tablet of value 1500€ and 50€ sending feewhich makes 0% custom duty and 24% VAT. VAT you need to inform separately to taxoffice and customs dont give a fuck about it as long as custom duty is payed which is 0€
>>
>>61947405
Tavara ja kuljetuskulut = goods and sending price
Tullimaksu = custom duty
ALV = VAT
>>
>>61947387
They dont care about VAT that is taxoffices problem. So nope
>>
>>61947405
I just did that before you posted :) Theres actually an english version of that site. Id love to give your country a good especially since I am a programmer. You seem like a sensible people.

Thank you!!
>>
>>61947405
it's the same in France for smart phones, no customs and I believe actually no VAT as well
>>
File: french imports.png (50KB, 1103x681px) Image search: [Google]
french imports.png
50KB, 1103x681px
>>61947528
so I was wrong still have VAT but no duties in France
>>
>>61947577
Governments are impressive arent they how much cash they hoover up
>>
>>61947622
yes but the french tax rate is lower than the finnish and no import tarif.

we should find the cheapest EU land to import to
>>
>>61946808
Customs is weird as fuck. Sometimes I get 1000$ worth of stuff in a single package through with no questions asked, but sometimes they open and inspect shit worth 20$. Just make sure the item is "used" and make the seller write a phony price on the package. Sometimes I even manage to receive lion batteries through air mail even though it's not allowed.
>>
>>61946808
>euros put up with this
lmao
>>
>>61946808
mate im in ireland too, why bother with all that shit just so you can pay a few euros less, fucks wrong with you.
>>
>>61947008
we don't?
really?
>>
>>61946842
Ireland is a backward third world country anon, 98% of the population dont even have electricity.
>>
>>61949505
Id pay double in this country right now for a new laptop of the spec i can get in the states.
>>
>>61946808
>ireland
Feel bad for you anon
>>
>>61950059
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.