[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - stupid questions thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 343
Thread images: 35

File: jerry4.jpg (80KB, 1105x561px) Image search: [Google]
jerry4.jpg
80KB, 1105x561px
Post your simple/small/stupid questions
Take at least 10 seconds to google first

Old Thread: >>61923559
>>
I have a python program with associated modules or library files or whatever. If I want to stick the program in my path where do I put the library files?
>>
My dad stole my storage HDD when I was away from home and installed Windows on it.
Now everything that was in my "Program Files" folder on that drive is gone.

how do I get my vidya back or is it lost forever?
>>
Is dsd better than flac?
>>
File: ain't it.png (38KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
ain't it.png
38KB, 640x640px
Any android browser that can hide the fact you're using a phone?
Even if you use 'request desktop site' some sites will hide part of their content and ask you to use their shitty app.

>>61934714
Hello, reddit.
>>
>>61934714
>Take at least 10 seconds to google first
lol what's the point for these threads then?
>>
>>61934828
I dont think python interprete is looking for libraries on the path

>>61934868
you install them again from images
>>
File: 1497803449045.jpg (14KB, 325x236px) Image search: [Google]
1497803449045.jpg
14KB, 325x236px
I have a bunch of old 4gb USB flashdrives and I want to find a use to these.
I'm thinking of plugging them on my fileserver.
Should I better :
>RAID them and use for backup my dotfiles / logs / other "not so heavy" files.
>use them as additional swap.
>install the OS on one flashdrive rather than on a hard drive
>>
Say I mount multiple hard drives on a Linux machine and want full control over which drive stores what. How do I achieve this?
>>
>>61935138
you mount multiple hdds and tell your programs where to store what
>>
>>61935125
don't bother with them, they are literally only good for server boot drives or just install a rootkit and drop them in random places in public
>>
>>61935125
flash drives are incredibly unreliable
fuck them put some malware on them and toss them around town
>>
How do I use this mpv plugin? https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mfcc64/mpv-scripts/master/visualizer.lua
>>
Trying out some lightweight distros. I got Puppy Linux to boot from a flash drive on a W10 system, but when I boot from the usb on my Thinkpad running Mint it doesn't seem to initialize, I just get a black screen with a white cursor in the top right. What am I missing?
>>
File: 20050312.gif (33KB, 468x474px) Image search: [Google]
20050312.gif
33KB, 468x474px
>>61935176
>using mpv for music playback
>>
I want hdd for data backup. It will be unpluged most of the time. In what data structure should I format that drive?
>>
I have a Windows 10 tablet (don't ask). What is the best reading app for it?
>>
>>61935206
>data structure
the what now?
you mean file system?
>>
>>61935167
>>61935156
>unreliable
What about something like raid 5 then?

I'm too chicken to be a blackhat scriptkiddie
>>
I've had to crush many flies against my laptop screen during summer nights. The latest has been too much to brush away without anything else. How may I clean this without compromising the screen?
>>
>>61935202
Thanks for nothing Anon.
>>
>>61935237
I dont think you can raid usb devices, but I never tried
>>
File: 1355965603751.gif (983KB, 285x285px) Image search: [Google]
1355965603751.gif
983KB, 285x285px
>>61935258
>>
>>61935279
They aren't big flies, they're tiny. When all other light in the room is gone they land on the scren.
>>
>>61935264
Didn't try neither. I just assumed using mdadm would work since it takes /dev/sdx as arguments.
>>
>>61935289
oh, flies, I automatically read it as files
warm clean water until all is gone
final stages with microfiber cloth
>>
>>61935324
Cheers. I dunno what a microfiber cloth is. Is that what a pair of glasses come with?
>>
>>61935334
a clean cumrag
>>
>>61935334
yeah, google it, its just thick special fiber so that its easier in the end and there are no smudges or smears or whatever is the correct term
>>
>>61935213
i mean file system like ext4/ntfs I dont know if it makes any difference for lying down out of the power drive
>>
>>61935373
it does not
if you use linux use ext4
if windows use ntfs
>>
>>61935352
>>61935360
Yeah, sorry, I did google it after asking what it was and it really looks like a normal towel from google images. But also I have one of those cloths worn glasses come with so I'll use that. Thanks for the guidance even though I should probably know how to keep a laptop screen clean.
>>
>>61935153
but aren't the hdds themselves obfuscated?
>>
>>61935484
>obfuscated
err, no, you format them to ext4 file system and when you mount them you have mount point with X GB in size of free space on that path
>>
>>61935517
I see.
What does obfuscation mean in the context of linux? I heard it mentioned on a tutorial video but the explanation was a bit brief
>>
File: jquery_before_deobfuscation.png (83KB, 617x600px) Image search: [Google]
jquery_before_deobfuscation.png
83KB, 617x600px
>>61935533
nothing special
it means same as anywhere else, usually in regard of codes readability
when its obfuscated... its obfuscated and you cant make sense of the source code
>>
>>61935570
Also, say you have two hdds mounted on the root directory, can you still decide how storage between the two is allocated or is that beyond your control?

Sorry to pelt you with noob questions
>>
I've never owned dual monitors before.

If I get another monitor, can I tell the graphics card or OS not to transmit to it when I'm gayming on the main monitor? How much a hassle is it?
>>
>>61935597
youd dont mount them to the same place, you are not making pool of discs space (unless you want)

in linux all the drives can be found on path
/dev/sdX where X is some letter starting from a,b,c

you have 256GB ssd and its
/dev/sda
you have 1000GB hdd and its
/dev/sdb
you have 6TB hdd and its
/dev/sdc

you mount them with command
sudo mount /dev/sdc /whatever/the/fuck/Iwant/my6tbstorage

and it will be there, where you enter the last item at that path you will have 6tb of free space

you dont mount them manually, you decide where and how you want them and edit /etc/fstab file which will mount those drives for you on boot

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Fstab
>>
>>61935615
well you press fucking winkey+p and make mouse click to disable it
but trust me, you will want it on when you are gaming ;)
you will be asking how to set games to be windowed mode but full size screen so you can make easier use of dual monitor setup
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (45KB, 1200x794px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
45KB, 1200x794px
I want to run a server/media center to stream stuff to my phone and tv. I have no idea how to run a server though. Read that debian or centos would be the best distros for that but my linux knowledge is limited to brief usage of lubuntu. How would I go about doing it? Install some easy shit like freeNAS? Also what would be the best way to watch content on TV?
>>
>>61935728
go freenas
and both debian and centos are bit pain in the ass
you want the biggest community to get the biggest number of resources
so ubuntu server
>>
>>61935176
dump it in .config/mpv/scripts
Thanks for the link, btw
>>
would I gain any advantage whatsoever from having multiple antiviruses? I thought it'd be funny to torrent full versions of like every single good antivirus and intentionally hunt down some horrific viruses and watch them try and fail to fuck my shit up
>>
what would you consider a safe voltage when overclocking an rx 560?
at stock, hwinfo64 reports max voltage at 1081 mV when running some intensive benchmark
>>
File: zH6mdDxK9y-2.png (18KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
zH6mdDxK9y-2.png
18KB, 300x250px
I just built a new windows 10 computer and after re-enabling windows 7's photo viewer on it it has a ~5 second startup lag not present on another (slower) win 10 system that i did this to.

is there any possible reason for the lag? (no antivirus on either, cache size zero, no color profiles.)
>>
>>61934868
>My dad stole my storage HDD when I was away from home and installed Windows on it.
Why the fuck would he do that?
>>
>>61935870
Not him, but I have my fingers crossed that it was a prank. A really brutal prank.
>>
>>61935125
Put various OS installation images on them so you don't have to fuck around with that the next time you "help" someone by installing LInux on their machine.
>>
will the copy of win10 install to my new OS-less computer?
>microsoft doot com/en-us/software-download/windows10
>>
>>61935870
>>61935897
I would sue him, and I'm not even half jewish.
>>
>>61935615
>>61935717
This is called "borderless fullscreen" or "borderless windowed", for easier googling.
>>
What's the most aesthetic landline phone? Specs or technical parameters notwithstanding .
>>
>>61935963
download from here
http://windowsiso.net/windows-10-iso/windows-10-creators-update-1703-download-build-15063/windows-10-creators-update-1703-iso-download-standard/

use rufus to make bootable usb
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=rufus+iso+usb
>>
File: Bad Computer.gif (491KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Bad Computer.gif
491KB, 500x281px
Power went out at my place and now I have strange issue.

Previous setup:
GTX 1080 dual outputting - DVI to monitor, HDMI to smart TV (mirroring monitor)

The problem is that since the power went out plugging anything into the HDMI port of the 1080 results in that becoming the sole display and the monitor is no longer recognized. Monitor works if it's plugged in by itself or if the TV's hdmi is switched the onboard GPU. Trying to mirror when the tv is plugged into onboard causes the monitor to disappear from device manager again.

HTF do I fix this?
>>
>>61936043
thanks M80
>>
File: Screenshot_25.png (467B, 27x22px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_25.png
467B, 27x22px
I switched from Chrome to firefox. In Chrome I could have a bookmark toolbar that displayed the icons, but in firefox most (but not all) my bookmarks display as this grey globe. Unusually, for my 4chan bookmarks some are globes and some are the clover leaf icon.
I've tried visiting the site to see if it refresh and it did nothing.
Troubleshooting, I saw someone recommend going to about:config and disabling chrome options and that didn't fix it either.
Anyone else had this problem/know how to fix it? It sort of fucks with my system if I can't identify the icon, because I don't keep any text next to it (since it wastes space on the bar).
>>
whats the /g/ approved torrent client?

also is torrenting effectively dead?
>>
>>61936003
>landline phone
But why?
>>
>>61936220
qbittorrent and transmission both do the job
for cli (and optional web ui) go for aria2
torrenting's not dead
>>
which ordinary program is worth to ramdisk?
plex or firefox maybe?
got 16GB have probably have ~4GB to easily spare
>>
>>61936244
I'm prototyping a game where a landline phone plays an important role like it was the 90s again.
>>
File: so old but so cool.jpg (8KB, 236x167px) Image search: [Google]
so old but so cool.jpg
8KB, 236x167px
>>61936292
Pic related's pretty good.
>>
>>61935780
Yeah but then how do you use it? It doesn't work by default.
I got it from here btw: https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts
>>
>>61936398
Just dropping it in worked for me, but it crashed until I changed the value of opts.name to something other than "showcqt"
>>
>>61936347
Mmmmh. I was looking for something more eye catching. What's your opinion on the iDECT Eclipse Plus?
>>
I have a samsung smart tv UE40. When i play webms without sound, a notification pops up that says audiotype not supported.
Can i turn that pop up off?
>>
Any way to get rid of "In case you missed it" in twitter?
>>
How do you guys tag your images/folders? I want to be able to give images/folders multiple tags and have them appear in multiple folders according to those tags.
>>
>>61934828
python -c "print(sys.path)" or maybe it's pythonpath
>>
>>61936451
It's in ~./config/mpv/scripts, and nothing happens? There's no command for it to pop up?
>>
>>61934911
Nah, if you use a desktop user agent their can still switch based on your viewport size.
>>
>>61936218
If you disabled this shit of course things will not work
>browser.chrome.favicons
>browser.chrome.image_icons.max_size
>browser.chrome.site_icons
>>
>>61936665
What do you mean?
If I go landscape isn't the viewport size similar to desktop?
Couldn't some app mimic the viewport size of some desktop browser?
>>
The /g/ wiki's laptop buying guide only has heavy duty gaming laptops, and the only things I'm looking for is that I can do uni work on it and it's light enough for me to practically carry on campus, so 3 lbs or lighter.

Any recommendations?
>>
>>61936736
If you go landscape does your phone grow to a size similar to desktop?
>>
>>61936780
The page you are connecting to only knows your resolution, not your screen size.
With a 1920x1080 phone I should be able to perfectly mimic e.g. a default desktop FF viewport.
>>
>>61936656
?
Just play an mp3 file with mpv and it should just work. Its set to work with files with no video by default.
>>
How do I make money with IT IRL ?

Web agencies are everywhere
SEO is getting harder and harder
>>
Is HTML a scripting language?
>>
>>61936845
no
>>
>>61936821
Well, it's not working. No error, no nothing.
>>
>>61936916
>No error, no nothing.
Type this
mpv --log-file=log.log mp3.mp3

And paste the contents of the log here
>>
I haven't been around for a while, have the desktop thread disappeared?
>>
>>61937072
banned by janitors
>>
>>61937086
janitors dont have the power to ban anything, only report
OBSERVE AND REPORT
>>
>>61937072
They are called screenfetch threads now.
>>
How much can I get paid if I am fluent in autohotkey scripting?
>>
What should I do if someone comes in for a handshake but I just got out of the restroom and my hand is still a bit wet?
>>
Is there a tutorial out there somewhere how to jailbreak my Windows 10 laptop?
>>
>>61937156
brush it off on your pant leg then go in for a handshake.
The bigger problem is, why wasnt your hand fully dried off before you left the bathroom? Thats nasty
>>
>>61937172
Because I don't usually want to use fifteen billion paper towels to get off every last bit of moisture, usually just grab one or two and wipe off most of it I mean it's just water why should I be so worried? If it's one of those blowy things I usually put even more of a halfhearted attempt since who has time for that shit?
>>
>>61936956
[   0.012][v][visualizer] Loading script /home/anon/.config/mpv/scripts/visualizer.lua...
[ 0.013][v][global] config path: 'scripts' -> '/home/anon/.config/mpv/scripts'
[ 0.013][v][global] config path: 'scripts' -/-> '/home/anon/.mpv/scripts'
[ 0.013][v][global] config path: 'scripts' -/-> '/etc/mpv/scripts'
[ 0.013][v][visualizer] loading mp.defaults
[ 0.014][v][global] user path: '/home/anon/.config/mpv/scripts/visualizer.lua' -> '/home/anon/.config/mpv/scripts/visualizer.lua'
[ 0.014][v][visualizer] loading file /home/anon/.config/mpv/scripts/visualizer.lua
[ 0.015][v][global] config path: 'lua-settings/visualizer.conf' -/-> '/home/anon/.config/mpv/lua-settings/visualizer.conf'
[ 0.015][v][global] config path: 'lua-settings/visualizer.conf' -/-> '/home/anon/.mpv/lua-settings/visualizer.conf'
[ 0.015][v][global] config path: 'lua-settings/visualizer.conf' -/-> '/etc/mpv/lua-settings/visualizer.conf'
[ 0.015][v][visualizer] lua-settings/visualizer.conf not found.
[ 0.015][v][cplayer] Run command: hook-add, flags=0, args=[on_preloaded, 1, 50]
[ 0.015][v][cplayer] Done loading /home/anon/.config/mpv/scripts/visualizer.lua.

The thing was too big so I cut out the part mentioning the visualizer and my username.
>>
>>61937156
raise hand up to some what wave, tell them you got it still wet from washing it
>>
>>61937192
I have large hands and 4 papertowels dries them off perfectly fine,between the fingers and everything
You''re just a nasty whore.Wear latex gloves all of your life so you dont make someone sick
>>
>>61937230
Then post it to pastebin
>>
is it AT ALL possible to see the FULL listing of an ebay item that ended more than the allowed 9 (or is it 6?) months?
thanks
>>
How do I link the SDL library manually?
Using NP++. Do I just #include the pathname of sdl.h?
>>
I've been on a laptop most of my life but have a desktop now, and my problem is hotkeys. On my laptop I had all kinds of keys for volume or music skipping, I don't have those anymore. Do people use some sort of alternative or just custom keyboards?
>>
>>61937687
windows:autohotkey
Linux:xbindkeys
mac:lolidk
>>
>>61937675
Yeah, then paas the link and include directives to the linker
>>
In Windows 10, "Microsoft Software Protection Platform Serviec" is using 30+% of my cpu. I tried the things listed here:

https://ugetfix.com/ask/how-to-fix-high-cpu-usage-by-sppsvc-exe-on-windows-10/

The first 2 don't work and when I disable it with the 3rd method it goes away, but I get a message in the corner of my screen saying to activate windows that goes "over" everything else and never goes away. Is there anything I can do other than reinstalling Windows?
>>
What is a "Identity and Access Management" job like?

I saw a job offer like that listed under Information Technologies / IT Security but it requires no knowledge outside of MS Excel.

Is it some braindead office slave job?
>>
>>61937800
http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/definition/identity-management-ID-management

Thats your only free one for today
>>
>>61936727

I tried both enabling and disabling them and it made no difference. By default they were enabled and the problem had existed at that point.
>>
>>61937768
How do I do that?
>>
>>61937835
One what?
>>
>>61937850
Delete the cache, restore those settings to default, double/triple the image_icons.max_size
there is an addon to help you delete favicons cache
>>
File: 1498524024252.jpg (59KB, 640x415px) Image search: [Google]
1498524024252.jpg
59KB, 640x415px
>>61937877
One free request for me to use google for you
>>
>>61937901
Ah, I see. Thanks for your sacrifice, personally I use DDG to avoid being spied on.
>>
>>61937156
give your wrist
>>
What's shitter?

>Stay at shitty startup with no coding standards. Standard "lead developer taken on at 25 with no experience" job, constantly overruled. They need me though I built most of their system while he was looking the other way and couldn't mess it up, and if I play my cards right I can end up with a senior role and more freedom

>Jump to job with scientists primarily maintaining horrid legacy code (even by their standards) to begin with, but with scope to do new projects and get back to my degree. Also get to learn new stuff.

The startup is depressing as fuck and normally I'd jump at the chance to do science stuff, but since my degree I've become a competent developer. We all know what code scientists write, it's fuckin horrible, the legacy project will not be fun. I'd also kinda put my career as a developer on hold on a gamble.
>>
>>61938017
The third option; get a different job altogether.
>>
>>61937891

Thanks for the advice, sadly it didn't work. The globes haven't gone anywhere.
>>
>>61936494
It looks good, but it definitely doesn't like 90's.
>>
>>61938039

Most stuff I saw was rubbish "full stack" development or needed skills I didn't have. Nothing stood out.
>>
>>61938017
What sounds more fun?
>>
>>61937675
Still having problems getting SDL to work on Notepad++.
I'm including the library using #include "pathname/SDL.h", and compiling in g++ using:
F:\Projects\C Projects\vector-calculator>g++ -o src\main src\*.cpp include\vector.h -ISDL

but I'm getting the error:

f:/c++ portable/pocketcpp/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/6.1.0/../../../../x86_64-w64-mingw32/lib/../lib/libmingw32.a(lib64_libmingw32_a-crt0_c.o):crt0_c.c:(.text.startup+0x2e): undefined reference to `WinMain'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

What am I doing wrong?
>>
what web browser should I use
been using sea monkey for a while but it's slow as fuck and I'm sick of it
>>
File: ddg.png (2MB, 1701x8000px) Image search: [Google]
ddg.png
2MB, 1701x8000px
>>61937937
Hold up there one minute anon.Have a read
>>
>>61938209
PaleMoon or some other good!Firefox.
>>
>>61938255
I used pale meme but that started not being able to play embeded videos a lot so I switched to meme monkey
>>
>>61938133

Getting the theoretical perfect job where I am

>Surrounded by the people from the science job doing that same work

but

>Coding with actual developers who know what git and OOP with SOLID principles are
>With a developer salary
>>
What's a good MSPaint alternative for Android?
>>
is there any way of installing and using visual studio off a usb?
>>
>>61938175
does the linker know where to find the library where WinMain is?
>>
>>61937395
anyone?
>>
>>61938439
I don't know. How do you tell it where to find it?
Not really that savvy on manual compilation.
>>
File: 1500336844033.png (292KB, 540x900px) Image search: [Google]
1500336844033.png
292KB, 540x900px
Best PDF reader for windows that isn't Sumatra?
I'm fucking tired of Sumatra being shit.
>>
>>61938175
>-ISDL
>I
That should be an 'l', as in lowercase 'L'
'I' (uppercase 'i') sets the path for header files if they're somewhere unexpected
>>
>>61938531
you can pass options to the linker using a compiler flag, can't remember which one right now
also you should check if you have sdl-config installed, it would probably make that easier
>>
>>61938622
>>61938622
Yeah I noticed that. I've tried:
F:\Projects\C Projects\vector-calculator>g++ -I/include/SDL2-2.0.5/include -L/include/SDL2-2.0.5/lib/x64 -o src/main src/*.cpp include/vector.h -lSDL2

but I'm getting the same error. It has the libraries and the header files, I don't know what else it wants.
>>
>>61938601
Chrome or Firefox
any browser really
>>
>>61934714
i have a really high end laptop(alien ware) that is running windows 7, i cant switch to windows 10 atm, am i good or should i switch asap?

>inb4 he fell for the alien meme.
>>
>>61938694

copy pasted from stackoverflow:
>"WinMain" indicates that the compiler is set to link this as a Windows executable, rather than a console application.

>If you want a console application with Mingw, you have to drop the option -mwindows.

>If you want a Windows application, you have to provide an implementation-specific form of main, WinMain.
Now I'm not sure if SDL is supposed to implement a WinMain function or what
Someone else apparently got that error because they had no main(), you do have main() defined right?
>>
Open Launcher crapped out on me and it shows me some errors as soon as I open it.
I was about to uninstall it and then realised I couldn't do it.
I can't force stop, I can't uninstall, I can't delete data, I can only delete cache and that doesn't do anything.
Tried rebooting it and nothing helps.
Halp /sqt/.
>>
>>61938787
Yeah I do. Should I instead replace it with WinMain() or is that not what the problem is?
>>
>>61938853
apparently it could also be that you have to define main as main(int argc,char** argv)
or maybe defining SDL_MAIN_HANDLED before including solves it but I'm just shooting blind at this point
>>
>>61934714
Running Debian9 with an FX8350. Recently replaced mobo without reinstalling (although I did apt-get purge lm-sensors and reinstall/configure it) but temps are now 10 degrees cooler and I have no idea why. I've reseated/reapplied paste at least 4 times and never saw temps this low, I'm worried lm-sensors might be reporting coretemp (k10temp_1) incorrectly. How worried should I be?
>>
I'm buying a Thinkpad X220 for my little brother. Should I get Windows 7 Pro or Windows 10 preinstalled on it? All he'll care about is performance and ease of use. I do like how easy it is to factory reset everything with 10 too.
>>
>>61938876
Nah getting the same problem.
>>
>>61934714
Is there a way in php to array_map replace a specific string in every single key name of the input array?
>>
File: l1xxrCc.jpg (390KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
l1xxrCc.jpg
390KB, 900x900px
I have lenovo tab S8-50LC with unresponding touch screen (not cracked or even scratched) ,at first it was going weird ,touch worked perfect once,and stopped working once and this happining when i gently push on touch area above socket of charger ,this problem lasted about for 1 month...
>>Any help anons !!
>>
I have some kind of adware that I can't remove.

It basically redirects me to the ad when I click randomy on a page, while opening up the original page in a new tab.

I ran AdwCleaner, Malware scan and Zemana scan, and none of them came up with anything.

Nothing dodgy in my recently installed programs.

I'm using Iron Browser on Win7, but it was also present on Chromium.
>>
>>61939051
Not even meming, I'd just nuke the whole thing and start again.
>>
>>61939051
had something similar, reinstalling browser and flash fixed it
>>
>>61938772
Assuming you game, in which you will want w10 for dx12.
>cant upgrade
Surely you can
>>
>>61934714
What browser can I use that is easy to navigate with a keyboard? I'm on a quest to go completely mouseless on Linux
>>
Trying to learn rust, but when I try to compile helloworld.rs it says "couldn't read 'helloworld.rs': The system cannot find the file specified. <os error 2>". I uninstalled it, how can I get it fully operational on my Windows 7 64 bit system?

>inb4 "install gentoo"
>>
>>61939183
w3m
Firefox has a cursor mode, btw
>>
>>61939183
I hope you're blacklisting the generic driver for that os you're planning.
Wouldnt want to be a hypocrite or anything would we?
>>
>>61935870
his explanation was that his HDD broke and he needed a computer urgently. Anyway I didn't have anything too important there so I'll just have to download it all again, which is a pain
>>61935897
Nope he's just dumb
>>61935969
funnily enough our family is full jewish (oy vey)
>>
>>61939227
Danke
>>61939230
O-of course I will
>>
>>61938098
I wasn't going for that look. I just want an aesthetic landline phone.

>>61939268
>full jewish
Nice. Very nice.
>>
>>61939230
xinput set-prop $DEVICE_ID "Deviced Enabled" 0
>>
>>61939316
Too much temptation to reenable it,need to block it at the driver level
>>
>ASUS UX360CA-AH51T

Is this thing good?
>>
>>61938238
The very last part is retarded as fuck.
Every single page you connect to sees this info; DDG just (supposedly) doesn't store it or give it away.

Also, every single search engine spies on you.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-16_23-16-22.png (262KB, 1885x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-16_23-16-22.png
262KB, 1885x1080px
>>61939183

Firefox, install VimFx. I'm using it now

This is what it looks like when I press F (to tell it to click on an element on the page)
>>
I need to bring up the xss vulnerabilities and lack of server side validation in this company's site, but I'm pretty confident that I'm just going to get told that the field lengths in the DB are too short to script anything bad, and db datatypes and client validation are good enough to enforce data consistency. I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that's the wrong mentality but I'm not sure how best to argue against it.
>>
>>61939908
The best way is to clone a copy of the db to your hdd, and then do a good old DROP TABLES; and show them.
>>
is there a project guide or list for beginners? I want to do more than calculators
>>
Moving to a new apartment soon, looking for an internet provider here in the US. Who are the best internet providers in your opinion?
>>
>>61939908
>>61940064
Make sure to take screenshots and send them with your real name so that they know who to send a reward to
>>
Whats the best software to wipe hard drives
>>
>>61940195
dban
>>
How do I get AdBlock to not mess up with Captcha ?

I already have the following exceptions :

@@http://google.com/recaptcha/api/js/recaptcha.js
@@api.recaptcha.net
@@||google.com/recaptcha/$script
@@||google.com/js/th/$script
>>
I'm trying to learn a couple of foreign languages by reading newspages from different parts of the world
is there a browser extension that lets me highlight text in french or russian, translates it to english, and demonstrates the pronounciation
>>
You can use Win+# to switch to a specific program based on where it is on the taskbar you know? If you have something pinned there it will also open that program if it is not already. I think this is useful.
>>
>>61939354
nope
>>
>>61940195

I heard BleachBit is real popular
>>
>>61940406
bleachbit is for deleting files then wiping the space, it doesn't wipe an entire drive like dban does
>>
>>61940080
Whichever one can provide fibre or cable. For most parts of the US there's only one option.
>>
>>61940428
>deleting files then wiping the space,
Take a gander at what you just posted
>>
>>61940522
from inside the os numbnuts, you need something bootable to properly wipe a drive
>>
>>61940539
No you dont
You have your trusty usb drive with many different os's on them and deletion programs sush as dban.
Boot that lil motherfucker up

You dont need bleachbit in any capacity here
>>
>>61940574
you're not understanding me mang, I'm arguing against bleachbit in favor of something bootable such as a flash drive with dban on it
>>
College student here. What's a decent laptop in the $400-700 range. Will be used mostly for schoolwork and and a few kiddie scripts on the side
>>
>>61940666
What OS do you prefer? Windows, OS X, Chrome OS or traditional Linux?
>>
File: 1412805030290.jpg (55KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
1412805030290.jpg
55KB, 640x512px
hey /sqt/ I'm looking for a free utility to sync the music folders on my desktop and laptop via LAN. anybody got recommendations? both pcs are win 10. would prefer something I could schedule to run at night ideally
>>
>>61940666
>if you like nice things
thinkpad x1 3th gen from ebay, the one with 5000 series intel cpu

>if you cant take the heat and want new one
thinkpad 13 2nd gen if mobility and good build
thinkpad E570 if larger one, less mobility but larger screen
>>
>>61940770
bittorrentsync will do what you want and also has the ability to share via link with people not on your local network
>>
>>61940770
one drive
>>
>>61940770
build in
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-10-sync-center
>>
>>61940780
>chrome OS
I'd rather huff glue
>>
Is there a C++ std equivalent for boost:asio?
>>
New AMD thinkpad when?
With that thermal efficiency it will shit on Intel so I'm holding back for now.
>>
>>61940828
as you should, but its the retarded naming scheme
they have thinkpad 13 2nd gen which is windows based in between E series and T series in quality
http://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-13-series/c/thinkpad13
>>
>>61940800
oh neat
>>61940802
no cloud pls
>>61940807
>windows including the features I want as a standard thing
where am I?

Will look into these and see which one is the better option for me. Thanks my dudes
>>
>>61940780
>>61940857
Isn't ThinkPad a meme here? First few pages of google when searching for a laptop for college are full of cheaper and seemingly better alternatives from ASUS, Dell, and Samsung. Why ThinkPad over these other ones?
>>
>>61940850
There's never been a main Thinkpad line AMD machine so far, looks like we'll see some soon, Thinkpad A475 and A275 being T470 and X270 derived models respectively using Raven Ridge APUs.
>>
>>61940923
thats a big topic to tackle
they are higher bussines tier while asus dell samsung are consumer tier, well except latitute from dell which are great too
this means their build quality is just overall better
competition lacks thinkpad keyboard which is really the best on the market
they are easy to service upgrade and deal with with incredible amount of spare parts on ebay and shops
they used to lag in display panels quality but recently it went up with FHD being IPS with good brightness and contrast
generally you cant go wrong with thinkpad thats why they are easy recommendations
while squeling issues ridden dell xps, or random retarded naming scheme of asus where no one knows whats going on are really hard to recommend with confidence of thinkpad
samsung was out of the notebook market for some time now, they got interesting stuff but its hard going on establish market
>>
>>61940923
Good build quality, unobtrusive appearance, widely available good condition ex-lease models for cheap.
>>
>>61940952
what's an apu. I keep seeing it mentioned here and O don't know what it is.
>>
>>61941006
AMD's name for a CPU with integrated graphics.
>>
>>61941033
oh neat. how will they compare the ryzens?
>>
>>61934714
>reddit and memey
you have to go back
>>
>>61941049
Same CPU core, but only up to 4 cores instead of 8. Adds Vega derived integrated graphics.
>>
File: pug-window1.jpg (524KB, 2716x1810px) Image search: [Google]
pug-window1.jpg
524KB, 2716x1810px
If I have a single csv file and prices and product name are separated, but they both start with the same product id. How could I combine these by taking the price and adding that to the end of the product name?

pid,pname,pcategory
123,apples,food

pid, pprice
123,10 dollars

What I want it to look like:

pid,pname,pcategory,pprice
123,apples,food,10 dollars
>>
>>61941074
you have to go back to ledit that you know so much about
>>
I posted the other day but was not satisfied with the answers.

I want to watch 4 porn videos at once on a 4k monitor. I want these videos to snap to a 1080 quadrant when maximized. Wat do
>>
>>61941111
google
tiling windows 10
>>
File: 1429667445721.jpg (104KB, 1024x937px) Image search: [Google]
1429667445721.jpg
104KB, 1024x937px
best place(s) to download audiobooks?
>>
>>61941140
audiobookbay
myanonamouse
>>
I have a ThinkPad with 4GB RAM, would I gain anything at all from switching from 32-bit to 64-bit windows 7?
>>
how can i make any zip files that i download (in firefox) automatically unzip?

also, could still use an answer to this >>61937395

thanks
>>
Has 4chan always looked like this?

>>Been here since 2013
>>
>>61941207
yes, minus some of the fancier features like showing replies, expanding images inside the page and some others
>>
Bought a desktop mic with phantom power supply to boost the mic capability but my captured audio still sounds like shit. It's plugged into the mic jack on my motherboard. Do I need a dedicated soundcard for better mic capabilities? Or is this some mic/software calibration issue?
>>
During a whole debacle about my ISP needing to fix the infrastructure in my area (which they seem to have done), I was issued a new modem/router, except now my main PC which is connected via cat6 randomly cuts out until the modem is restarted.

Tried different ports on the router, none work when this happens, and tried different device with different cable, still doesn't work until restarted. The wifi still works fine.

Anything I'm missing here before I complain to my ISP to get me a modem that functions at a fucking basic level? That should NEVER happen in a normally functioning router/modem, right?
>>
Is there any legitimate security risk in leaving search suggestions enabled for the location bar in Firefox?
>>
>>61941304
Check your adapter settings
>>
>>61941247
Does this still have the same compatibly from 2003
>>
Is there any real reason to use the search bar when the location bar works just as well along with letting you search your bookmarks at the same time? It doesn't seem like they even let me set a different search bar for the location and search bars so it seems redundant. Is there some addon that will give this thing more purpose?
>>
Whats /g/'s torrent client of choice?
>>
File: yayornay.png (19KB, 286x416px) Image search: [Google]
yayornay.png
19KB, 286x416px
are these good specs for a phone
>>
>>61941325
For what exactly? Unidentified network, and it doesn't recognize, nor can I ping the gateway.
>>
>>61941426
Any odd settings in your adapter settings.
Anything that isnt what you want, you're being so broad with your posts its hard to tell exactly what the problem could be
>>
My brother gift me a 1080p chink ultrabook thats kinda broken and doesn't have a hard drive.
Its only 15" so i was surprised its 1080p.
J1800 Celeron CPU.

TLDR
>What are some good LiveUSB media center distros?
>>
>>61941447
All of them
>>
I bought a new Rhyzen 3 1300x and was testing it with handbrake when i noticed it was slower then my old Pentium g. I looked at xfce4s task manager and saw that it was using 100% of the CPU . This didn't seem right so I checked out top and saw that that it was only ever using 100% of one core , mostly ignoring the others. What would cause handrake not being able to multi thread and why was taskmanger lying to me? I'm on Debain 9.1 btw
>>
what's the story with mycroft? the digital assistant, for linux is it worth trying to get it up and running
>>
I need help with something in Firefox.

I think it is a very strange quirk of Firefox that irritates the crap out of me. I'll open an image from 4chan in another tab and I can look at it as long as I want. Here's the strange thing though, if the thread dies and the image is no longer hosted on 4chan, when I go to save that image that I'm looking at in the new tab to my computer, it tries to make a save from the link of the file that is no longer being hosted. I'm unable to save an image even though I'm able to look at it, in this circumstance.

PLEASE HELP ME
>>
>>61941447
If ghe hardware can handle it (I'm too lazy to look up the compute power of that proccesor) but try lubuntu
>>
>>61941491
might just be an old version? I remember some older handbrake builds not using more than 1 core.
>>
If you have a series of hard drives configured in a RAID in one RAID Enclosure, can you switch out the Enclosure and have it be compatible provided the same RAID setting is present on the other enclosure?
>>
Will Cherry MX switches wear out if I press the same key too many times?
>>
>>61941608
Yes, but they have lifetimes in the 100s of thousands of cycles. You shouldn't worry unless you mash the same key 10 times a second for months straight.
>>
>>61941608
Yeah, kinda like grinding your teeth
>>
>>61941604
Going on a limb here but I wanna say yes, so long as there aren't compatibility issues with the new enclosure
>>
>>61941625
Well I do tend to use the down key to progress text in VNs, so figure your average VN has like what, 30-40,000 lines of text, so if I press the down arrow that many times just to complete that single game... It adds up yanno? Wondering if I should start rotating what key I press to maximize lifespan...
>>
Have an old laptop, 2 actually and need guidance. If I want to reset all the information and remove spyware/adware/malware from them; does system restoring help? It's been ages since I touched them and I don't know what it's infested with (just abandoned them iirc)

Second, I have a Dell laptop whose line was infamous to be known for having its hinges cracking and the monitor tearing apart. How can I reporpose a laptop with a broken monitor and what can I do with it? I feel like shit if I throw it away since it's still operable
>>
>>61941407
Apart from mediumkek outdated Android and non-removable battery, yes.
Mic, loudspeaker, camera or antenna could be shit though.
>>
>>61941682
Don't worry about it, the kind of abuse you'd have to put on it to seriously worry about the switch breaking wouls still take years.
>>
>>61941682
Though now that I check online it says they're rated for 50 million presses? So I guess I'd be good for 1,250 games and I don't think that many even exist in English that I haven't played yet so maybe I'm good.
>>
>>61941603
0.9.9 is the version
>>
>>61941548
ah yes, im familiar with lubuntu, but i was thinking more of a media center style system that allows me to use a bluetooth controller as a remote
>>
>>61941695
1) Just reinstall desu. Either get a install disc for Windows 7/10 (please just use 10) and install it fresh or go with linux. You'll skip the preinstalled bullshit and be good as new.

if you're talking windows 10 already, yeah the fresh start feature works great.

2) Consider treating it like a low power desktop?
>>
>>61941695
Install Linux
No more spyware/adware/malware problems.
>>
When connecting android to computer via usb, is there a way to set it to default to transfer files instead of just charging? I assume this has to be done phone-side
>>
>>61941695
Question 1: Make a win10 usb, click I don't have a serial. https www microsoft com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Question 2: Waste of time and electricity, recycle it.
>>
>>61941751
Well, http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/awesome-linux-media-center-distros-htpc/ try this
>>
How far away are we from video games being able to process realistic physics simulations in real time?

The rendered simulations are so beautiful.
>>
>>61941796
nougat, btw
>>
>>61941796
yeah, plug it in then check the notification bar. It should let you change the defauly mode.

otherwise its in settings somewhere depending on tge phone
>>
Is Browse by Name a security risk? Or is it actually somewhat safer since I'm unlikely to land on a typo squatter?
>>
What are some backup tools?
My sister HDD backup so i can change it to MBR is taking too much time for my liking.
>>
>>61934828
You could stick em all in one directory and then just add that directory to your path.

It's a brittle solution but it may work
>>
>>61941868
I don't see anything. According to this http://www.theandroidsoul.com/set-transfer-files-mtp-default-nougat/ it's impossible but this is over a year old, wondering if there's a workaround or solution.

I tried dev options but setting it to default to MTP doesn't change anything
>>
Asked in the other thread, but it looks like it died before I could get an answer, so I'll repost.

I set up a WiFi network and I'm pretty sure someone is accessing it. I could just change the password and be done with it, but I'm curious. If someone is using a phone with the WiFi, is it possible to access what they are using it for? Such as what websites they are visiting, or viewing photos/ videos they are watching it saving?
>>
Is there a place where I can check the instruction set in use on my Firefox?
Got noticeable increase in performance but I don't think it comes from raw power. My old CPU had only MMX, SSE2/SSE3. Or it does come from raw performance?
>>
>>61942025
Yes
>>
>>61934714
How do I get Firefox to clear cookies when a session is over, but while in the same tab? Pale Moon can do this...
>>
>>61942167
Which version did you compile? if its 57+ its because of backend changes mozilla made
>>
>>61942242
Cool, thanks for the first step. Can I just browse my WiFi console? Or do I need a certain program?
>>
My fonts look all fucky for 4chan after a sudden Firefox update, will it get better?
>>
>>61942267
I didn't, version 55 stable.
Straight from Mozilla.
>>
Is there a good open source camera?
Open camera is ridiculously slow and doesn't have an option to turn off shutter sound on my phone
>>
>>61942363
>shutter sound
thats becausee apps cant disable it, you legally have to have a shutter sound to comply with regulations.
Look for es stream remover
>>
>>61942377
The shitty xiaomi camera app allows to disable it
>>
browsing a linked tumblr and got redirected through 'viglink', for a split second a stock female voice begun to speak before being abruptly cut off as the page took me to the gyazo link I initially thought I'd clicked.

I went to viglink's site, '''disabled'' it and checked my filters in uBlock etc. Is there anything I should have to worry about? I've heard people saying it keeps redirecting them on every link but that doesn't seem to be happening to me.
>>
>>61942377
>you legally have to have a shutter sound to comply with regulations.
HTC 10 camera app doesn't make a sound when on vibrate or silent
>>
what is a good online course or website to learn spring and hibernate by writing a crud web app from scratch?
>>
File: storage.png (172KB, 1166x522px) Image search: [Google]
storage.png
172KB, 1166x522px
>>61934714
trying to get my hands on cheap storage in EU would buying recertified external HDD's be a mistake if I take them out of the case and smash them in my Server? got my hands on a PERC H700 for 34€
pic related
>>
How do I get my hands on one of those bots that purchase online products as soon as they're available?
>>
whats the cheapest used gpu I could get that has 2-3gb of vram?
>>
>>61942918
program one.

try using python and splinter shouldnt be too tough at all, ive used splinter to write a bot that spams infinity chan's /pol/ with the entire written works of max stirner across random threads. it took longer to program the gui than it did to get going with splinter.

so ya, just write one, shouldnt be too tough, i doubt youll have much luck locating a script kiddy version that works for the exact website and product you are shooting for
>>
>>61942802
I wouldn't buy any "personal cloud" or "nas appliance" as they're all backdoored.
>>
>>61942978
go to ebay or amazon
>>
I'm having an issue after I recently bought Sonic CD on Steam.

Whenever I boot it up, though, the frame rate is about twice of what it should be, making the game almost unplayable.
I checked, and my monitor's refresh rate is 60Hz.

I tried following the instructions on the Steam community forums, but I still can't seem to solve it. Anyone know how to deal with this?

Not sure if it's worth mentioning, but I'm running it in a Virtual Machine (VMWare, Windows 8.1)
>>
File: 58965847595.png (30KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
58965847595.png
30KB, 633x758px
Task manager doesn't work. Skype doesn't work either.
>>
>>61943133
>buying half-assed crappy emulators
check out "Kega Fusion"
>>
Currently running mint and for some reason I decided to change the font and now the fonts look all fucked up and some letters seem to overlap the one before it. What can I do to fix this? I even tried going back to the default font settings but still no good. Could it be my screen resolution?
>>
>>61943143
Cool
>>
>>61943160
No you.
>>
>>61943143
install gentoo
>>
>>61943143
install lubuntu
>>
I need a sound card only for gaming.

Is there any real difference between a $20 ASUS one, and a $100 sound blaster one? I'm pretty sure I can't tell the difference between 16/24 bit or anything higher than 48k hz, but don't want to just buy a piece of shit that isn't going to be decent.
>>
>>61943143
install fedora
>>
What would be the best and safest way to get a copy of Windows xp?

I know that Microsoft has it available for Windows 7 but is there anywhere that I can just get a clean copy with no stings attached attached?

My friend is getting a new pc but he doesn't want to mess up any of his audio plug-ins and what not hence the need to stick to xp.
>>
File: 1252292314688.gif (4MB, 256x195px) Image search: [Google]
1252292314688.gif
4MB, 256x195px
>>61943059
I don't know shit about programming to be honest.
I guess with all the "SCALPER BOTS!" crying with low-supply products I just assumed there were ones you could find out there.
I'm sick of competing with scalpers but if it's that or programming I'll probably have better luck sticking to the old methods.
>>
>>61943256
dreamspark maybe
>>
>>61943256
https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Windows-Professional-Old-Version/dp/B00005MOTH

>>61943274
ya, in all honesty man your going to have a HARD time finding a bot that will work with the specific website and purchase the specific item you want.

i mean, if you willing to pay there are always autists out there (such as myself) who could make something like this happen for you
>>
>>61934714
Question for Windows users who use Firefox.
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/
Scroll to bottom, what is your viewport (with Firefox maximized)?
>>
>>61943091
The drive they're talking about isn't one of those, it's a dumb USB external.
>>
>>61943233
Use your motherboard's built in audio.
>>
>>61943143
>>>61943160 >>61943212 >>61943226 >>61943235
Back to /b/.
>>
>>61943143
I actually meant steam instead of skype.
>>
>>61943378
insert my dongle into your mothers port
>>
I know sending images through text compresses the image, but lately they've been compressing to shit. I tried saving them to my Google drive to share them that way, but it's shit too. So I tried what before was a sure fire way, and emailed them. Still compressed to shit. Looked at some old images I sent and they retained a respectable amount of quality. That's no longer the case and don't know what else to do.

Help would be appreciated.
>>
>>61943423
are you sure your images are not already compressed before sending?

try sending one in an email via a webmail portal, like actually visiting google.com and sending it thru their web interface. if the picture is still compressed its not an issue with how your sending the image its an issue with the image being already compressed on your device
>>
how different is chromium from chrome?
i want to switch to something that doesn't gobble up ram like candy, but i like chrome's ui and hotkeys and extensions a lot
>>
Is the Noctua CPU cooler worth it?

It looks like shit with the brown color, but I'm okay with that
>>
>>61943465
Will try.
>>
>>61942377
>apps cant disable it
The default app of both benq and LG can do it though.
Now that I think about it, I just were at a wedding, everybody was taking pictures and I don't think anybody had sound on.
Are you just retarded?
>>
I've been offered an IT job to build an office network I think.
Any recommended readings on the matter?
>>
>>61943465
Did what you said and it worked. The pictures have decent quality. It's just through text and Google drive where it looks like shit even though it didnt before.
>>
File: service-mario.jpg (280KB, 598x620px) Image search: [Google]
service-mario.jpg
280KB, 598x620px
So I just bought this little 2 in 1 for aroud $180 (Miix 320). It's got an Atom x5-z8350 and 2gb ram. I've noticed it's struggling with SNES emulation, unable to keep a consistent 60fps even in games like Super Mario World. Is that to be expected? I mean I know it's a piece of shit CPU, but I thought it'd at least be good enough for SNES emulation.
>>
>>61943644
then you have to find a setting and change it somewhere. you are compressing the images when you send them via text or google drive.

check the phone settings and google drive settings
>>
Can I use a ATX12v v2.3 PSU with a ATX12v v2.4 compatible motherboard?
>>
>>61943705
should work fine.

>>61943651
if your running windows the problem may lie with memory consumption, not your cpu
>>
>>61943651
it is very possible if you are doing this on windows with only 2gb of ram then your ram may be ~100% utilization and it may be using a paging file for extended ram usage, which would def cause the problem you are experiencing.
>>
I'm using "python -m http.server" to launch a really simple http server, but when I go to localhost, it shows the name of the folder where it's running, which you can click to open the index.html file.

Is there a way to make it open index.html automatically instead?
>>
File: hard faults.png (53KB, 958x264px) Image search: [Google]
hard faults.png
53KB, 958x264px
>>61943724
>>61943736
Hm, you know what, I think you're right. snes9x shows some hard faults just as it dips. You think downgrading to windows 7 help at all? Emulation was one of the main reasons I bought this thing.
>>
File: 785877758.jpg (124KB, 979x979px) Image search: [Google]
785877758.jpg
124KB, 979x979px
Should I delete Trojan Ramnit virus or quarantene it.
>>
>>61943819
Nevermind.

Multiple servers were running even after closing their terminals, the oldest of which was not running from the right folder.
>>
File: 1477608065263.jpg (117KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1477608065263.jpg
117KB, 1024x576px
Which option will give me better overall framerate with a decent nvidia card: a 144hz monitor, or a 60hz monitor with gsync?
>>
>>61943860
reformat from orbit

>>61943830
you may need to upgrade to gentoo
>>
>>61943860
q then baleet
>>61943870
what graphix card are you looking at? and what games will you be playing? look up some fps benchmarks for the card and games. If your card won't be putting out much more than 60 frames on most games you'll be playing go with the 60.
>>
>>61943955
It's a GTX 980, I don't have any problem playing most games with 100+ fps, but my monitors are budget bin garbage.
>>
Any reason why this script can't pick up any signals from the 433.92MHz controller I have for controlling outlets?
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/milaq/rpi-rf/master/scripts/rpi-rf_receive

This is the rf receiver I have connected to my raspberry pi.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/433Mhz-Superheterodyne-3400RF-Transmitter-and-Receiver-Kit-For-Arduino-ARM-MCU-/121597448874
>>
I have Kodi set up on a raspberry pi hooked to my TV. Works great when I want to watch content on it.
What I'm wondering if it's possible to set up Kodi to stream to other devices like my cellphone or Windows PC
Is it possible?
>>
>>61943870
i would go for 144 Hz
>>
My TicTacToe game crashes when I set it to 10 000 cells (100x100). I'm using 1 pixmap per cell instead of repainting them all in one big image.
>>
>>61944003
1080p 60hz is still pretty standard. I have a 980 too and my monitor is 60 hz. I would go for the 144hz. You'll probably have that monitor for a while and I don't see 144hz being a low frame rate anytime soon. I'm kind of biased against Gsync based on pricing though. The tech seems fine but too much of a price jump for me
>>
I am ITIL certified with no IT experience and sparse, short termed food service job history. What are my options?
>>
File: 1500481568872.png (62KB, 244x216px) Image search: [Google]
1500481568872.png
62KB, 244x216px
Any books on learning computers overall in general? I'm not looking for stuff like how to use Windows or how to install something.

I'm confused on terms like compiling, batch, shell, etc. I want to use my computer more efficiently do more stuff to it without messing stuff up.
>>
File: 1501212325194.jpg (76KB, 887x686px) Image search: [Google]
1501212325194.jpg
76KB, 887x686px
>>61944153
>>61944093
Cool, thank you!
>>
how do run winblows 3.1 software?
google says use dosbox to install windows 3.1 and then run the software inside of that but surely there's a better way
>>
>>61944313
install w3.1 in dosbox, it's the path of least pain
>>
Will a UPS protect from a brownout?
>>
what is the setting in firefox's about:config file that checks compatibility for addons/extensions
>>
When I spoof user agent, is it better for it to be the same as the browser I'm using or can it be any? I'm asking because uMatrix options says it might be better for it to be the same browser.
>>
what is the best website for making memes?
>>
>>61944678
It can be any but there's ways other than your user agent to tell what browser you're using (such as css rules that only apply on one browser and shit) and the website could theoretically do a cross-check and tell you're bullshitting it.
>>
>>61944504
if its an uninterrupted power supply yes
>>
>>61943955
Once quarantined it will pretty much be gone right?
>>
>>61944823
depends on the AV. most likely quarantine will stop it. in quarantine it shouldn't be able to do anything. you should have an option to delete it while it's quarantined with your AV. and I always do that
>>
>>61944860
I use clamwin so I don't know if there is. It's kind of an odd program.
>>
>>61944678
>uMatrix options says it might be better for it to be the same browser
Probably referring to sites that might use features that only work with the browser you are spoofing. Or try install the wrong type of extension or something. Shouldn't matter these days in regards to basic web content.
>>
>>61941604
if it's software raid, yes
if it's hardware raid, it needs to be a compatible implementation, then maybe (check information about your specific hardware raid device on how to transfer disks to a new unit)
>>
>>61944889
old post but it sounds like you can remove files
http://forum.clamwin.com/viewtopic.php?t=3194
>>
File: passport-2tb-inside2.jpg (51KB, 550x425px) Image search: [Google]
passport-2tb-inside2.jpg
51KB, 550x425px
>>61942802
be aware some prebuilt external hdd's these days are internally usb (that is, no separate sata>usb bridge)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlLN_Jcg1pc

what video making software is this?
>>
ITIL certified. what job can i get?
>>
Is it worth to sell my good as new nvidia gtx 1070 fe for 400 euros so i can buy a asus rog 1070 for 530?
>>
>>61944719
>>61944899
Is spoofing user agent pointless then?
>>
File: 20170817_012431.jpg (2MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170817_012431.jpg
2MB, 2048x1152px
I cant install the Realtek PCIe family controller thing because it keeps telling me a device attached to the system isnt functioning. I have no internet, what the hell do I do?
>>
File: >no drivers.gif (164KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
>no drivers.gif
164KB, 480x360px
>>61945849
there is one solution
>>
>>61945849
>Realtek PCIe family controller
Why do you need it, what's wrong with the msft one?
>>
>>61945892
Cant get online without it. The problem was, on the "change adapter settings" page of the network and sharing center page in control panel, my local area connection 2 was connected but it kept saying it was bridged to something, but theres no bridge connection on that page. So I disabled it and uninstalled it, and then I really fucked things up. Now, it wont let me install the drivers back again because it keeps giving me that error.
>>
>>61945892
Also, I had a public VPN installed but I uninstalled it because it kept getting me banned from here even when I didnt have it on for some reason. That VPN clieny adapter in device manager wont uninstall either, if I click uninstall it just flashes and does nothing. I feel like thats part of the problem.
>>
New Thread: >>61945966
Thread posts: 343
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.