[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone used Solus? If yes, what are your thoughts? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: solus.png (14KB, 236x96px) Image search: [Google]
solus.png
14KB, 236x96px
Has anyone used Solus? If yes, what are your thoughts? I'm considering making it my primary distro.
>>
>>>/fglt/
>>
Trashy package manger.
>>
>>61932449
this mostly.
Other than that it's pretty good.
>>
>>61931845
>package manger that is going to be replaced
>DE that is going to be rewritten (you still can go with gnome or mate, though)
Solus is now at an early stage of development. It has some nice feature like one click botnet install and fast boot times but they don't overweight the fact that you have a very limited support (the dev is always eager to help, though) and a small amount of packages (you still can find some workarounds).
>>
>>61931845
use ubuntu budgie instead
>>
>>61931845
Install Void.
>>
I liked it. Solus budgie was pretty stable and looked nice. I'm newish to linux though so it was more annoying to find info online vs other distros.
>>
File: 1289466419932.jpg (62KB, 543x431px) Image search: [Google]
1289466419932.jpg
62KB, 543x431px
>>61931845
Comfy.

It's smooth, snappy, and has most of what you need. Recent update gave us access to snap packages, so that's more shit available to us.

The package manager is fine. It's not perfect. The manager is also getting an update later.

Right now the Solus team is working on fixing the last few major problems before they completely rewrite everything. They've also been bringing more people in on the project to get things done sooner.
>>
The new update also got rid of the Arc theme and replaced it with Adapta. Arc was very nice when it was primarily being used Solus, but after it was spread like a venereal disease, it got old quickly.
Adapta looks even better, and the splash of color makes the OS feel refreshing.
>>
>>61931845
bloated
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.