[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Building my first PC and I'm wondering if I should go with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 2

File: Windows7-10.jpg (67KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
Windows7-10.jpg
67KB, 950x534px
Building my first PC and I'm wondering if I should go with Windows 7 or 10?

I really like 7 but I imagine 10 would be the better one to get at this point. Also, is there a way around the expensive as fuck $125 cost. Surely there must be another way to buy a key
>>
macOS
>>
just pirate it, most of the world does don't be scared. also 7 obv. or 8 or 8.1
>>
>>61924954
you should go fuck yourself
>>
>>61925009
Rude
>>
You need 10 if you plan on playing modern Microsoft games.
>>
Installing 7 now is like installing XP circa 2012. You're going to have to upgrade in a couple of years anyway, if you are hell bent on using Windows, use 10. Think about if you really need Windows, though.

If you want to buy a license you can get one off ebay for like $5, otherwise there's various activation methods around.
>>
>>61924954
You can't use windows 7 on new hardware without resulting to hacks. Installing is pain in ass and system updates are blocked.
reddit software swap or install 7, activate it and upgrade to 10.
>>
>>61924954
Install gentoo
>>
>>61924954
>i really like this one but should i install the shit version to punish myself?

will you still be alive in 2020 thats the question to ask anon
>>
>>61925084
This. They are bringing HD Minecraft to windose store this Autumn.
>>
>>61924954
Don't worry about a key for a minute, you'll get round it.
>>
>>61925037
He's angry because you're installing Wangblows
>>
You can install windows 10 and don't even have to activate it.
>>
>>61924954
Linux mint cinnamon. Its user friendly and respects your privacy and ownership unlike micro$oft
https://youtu.be/JE4SwkJ0Fys
>>
>>61925462
Also linux is free and you can play games for windows via wine.
>>
>>61925462
This. Made the shift and never looked back. Got so sick of stupid shit like the fucking start menu just not working.
>>
>>61925205
System updates unblock easily though
>>
>>61925103
>Buying ebay licenses

What a faggot. Just pirate it. Don't let these chumps take your money
>>
>>61924954
install ltsb
>>
>>61924954
>>
>Install Windows 10
>Windows 10 gets fucky
>Try Windows 10 LTSB
>Turn off all bullshit
>Updates automatically
>All bullshit spying options turned back on
>>
>>61925872
#NeverHappenedOnMyMachine
>>
>>61925872
that never happens on gentoo
>>
10 is a must for gaming.

7 and Linux for everything else
>>
10 is a mess. Did you know that it sends the the vendor and unique product IDs of (other than your hardware) EVERY usb device you connect? Imagine you transfer a innocent file on the USB drive of another student/colleague and then he does something very bad and the police asks Microsoft for any info. They will be able to tell them your IP at the moment you connected it and your current one (because your install has also a unique ID ofc.
>>
>>61924954
Pirate both and dual boot. I barely touch the W10 side these days though.
>>
>>61924954
use linux
>>
File: images(4).jpg (9KB, 201x251px) Image search: [Google]
images(4).jpg
9KB, 201x251px
>>61925349
>>HD minecraft
You can already play the game in fucking HD resolutions.
>>
Does anyone have guides on what to do after you've installed enterprise LTSB?

And I thought that ltsb doesn't have updates apart from security ones and won't do automatic update bullshit like >>61925872
>>
>>61928334
>guides on what to do after you've installed enterprise LTSB?
Slap yourself in the face for having this dumb pajeet mentality.

You install fucking software like you would normally. Install Spybot AntiBeacon, that disables as much botnet as it can and refreshes the protection. Don't rely on the million half-complete batch files on the internet.
Then get "windows update minitool" and set updates there to download only and spend some time every tuesday to install the fucking updates.
>>
>>61925408
But muh games
>>
>>61925496
Not trying to spin a narrative here but I thought only a handful of games on Wine actually work well
>>
>>61925205
>system updates are blocked
Wtf? Just installed windows 7 on my laptop 2 days ago (enterprise edition) and everything updates and just werks.

The machine was made for Windows 8, so I had to search the webz for two drivers that was made for Windows 7. Other than that eveything just worked (exceot for a few updates that wouldnt install). When 2020 hits ill probably just switch over to some random ass ubuntu distro
>>
>>61924954
Windows 7. Brcause its still supported and well. Is a good system.

>>61925496
Well i tried to play my "Copy and play" WoW 3.3.5 on linux mint with wine. Even if game works, some of my addons on it doesent work as intended because they are allways forced to be on default settings.

The better situation is with Steam on linux. Only 7 games weren't able to be played, well the bad news was 3 of them were the games i play alot.

So yeah i returned to 7 (Thank god i was smart and left untouched my recorvery partition with orginal windows 7).
>>
>hi guys i am retarded manchild gamer so i want to know what better winblows 7 or winspy10?
>i am a pro gamer so fuck loonix amirite? XD
>>
>Paying for Window$
lol
>>
>>61924954
>>
Fucking goys actually fucking give 125 dollars Microsoft? They were giving it away for free and you can get it for free if you have a gram of brain
>>
10 because Dx12
>>
>>61924954
Win10 you don't want a technology deficit on a new machine. You will eventually need to upgrade and then you will have a ton of trash files from the old OS hanging around.

Most programs/games wont support Win7 its 2 generations behind.

Just use Windows 10 until you see the light and dual boot to Linux.
>>
>>61924954
If it has to be between those two, Win7.
>>
>>61930766
>Most programs/games wont support Win7 its 2 generations behind.
>Most programs won't support the OS that represents roughly half of all Windows machines currently in use and actually slightly increased in market share in recent months
Dude what
>>
>>61930766
>Most programs/games wont support Win7 its 2 generations behind
I have yet to see a game/program besides the Windows Store DRM exclusive stuff (like 3 games?) not supporting W7. Some of them even realized how poor they sale that way and are moving to Steam. (Killer Instinct)
>>
Windows 7 is the future.

https://www.neowin.net/news/windows-10-faces-slight-decline-in-steam-user-base-as-windows-7-rises
>>
>>61925462
Mfw once win 7 extended support runs out and in case there's decent authenthicc win 7 theme skins + support for modern gaymen on loonix mint i will likely make the switch much later down the road
>>
>When you realize win7 is the new XP and win10 is the new vista
>>
>>61929073
Right, I think Win7 should work if your cpu pre-dates Intel Kaby Lake / AMD Ryzen.
>>
>>61931372
this
>>
>>61928265
But it's not VB superior MS version, you cunt hacker
>>
Why not 8.1?
>>
>>61931372
Vista had redeeming features beyond artificially restricted games.
>>
>>61930813
>>61930948
Learn about Technology Deficits...
>>
>>61927078
10 is worse for gaming.
>>
>>61930732
lmao
>>
>>61933955
Learn to read.
>>
>>61931372
>>61931839
If that's accurate then Windows 11 is coming and it'll be awesome.
>>
>>61935219
That's completely wrong
>>
>>61935443
I use both 7 and LTSB2016, and 10 performs worse indeed. On a Titan X Pascal. Getting lower fps on everything I tried.
>>
>>61924954
There's windows 10 keys on amazon for like 20 bucks
>>
>>61935458
Your personal experience counts more than the actual detailed research of many competent people around the world.
>>
>>61925205
>system updates are blocked
WSUS Offline
>>
>>61935443
It's equivalent or worse in 99% of games, and can't run most old ones.
>>
>>61935485
>replying to a shitposter who spends all day monitoring /g/ for any posts that mention windows 10 in the slightest
>>
>>61930813
>Most programs won't support the OS that represents roughly half of all Windows machines currently in use
Most games and new software/hardware stopped supporting XP while it still had a huge amount of the market, because most of that market share are down to things like corporations/schools who only update their systems once a decade. Also, XP's market share absolutely fell off a cliff in 2013/2014. Expect to see something similar with 7 as it gets closer to end of support.
>>
>>61931372
A good OS that was ahead of its' time and failed because people tried running it on their Pentium 3 shitboxes and had poor drivers?

You do know that Vista and 7 are virtually identical right?
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.