[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

member when this was supposed to be "the next big thing"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 3d cube unity ubuntu.png (564KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
3d cube unity ubuntu.png
564KB, 1280x800px
member when this was supposed to be "the next big thing" and how it was supposed to BTFO windows? kek
>>
>>61912241
Virtual Desktops?
Yeah, it took MS until Windows 10 to release it.
>>
fat linux nerds have a different kind of logic.
here is how they "think":

Step 1: Linux has a technical fringe feature which is barely usable that nobody needs but it's superior to what Windows has
Step 2: No further steps required. People should all use Linux now
>>
File: Lg3d-livecd1.jpg (191KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Lg3d-livecd1.jpg
191KB, 640x480px
>>61912241

remember when this was the real next big thing
>>
>>61912318

I really want summer to end so shit zero effort trolling like this is down to an appropriate minimum
>>
File: IMG_0804.jpg (58KB, 1024x574px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0804.jpg
58KB, 1024x574px
>>61912241
I remember this

>>61912343
but I don't remember this at all
>>
>>61912381

Project looking glass, suns attempt at making a 3d desktop. its what led to that fad with linux and is probably why windows went with transparent windows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1JwfgBv5bg
>>
>>61912241
It was cool as fuck, but a gimmick none the less. Though the novelty wears off real fast when you need to boot back into windows to play games, do homework, and about everything else linsux can't do.
>>
>>61912241
Is Compiz even a thing anymore. It seemed the project got abandoned just when it started to catch on.

Typical unreliable Linux projects. They start up fast, promise everything under the sun, then either get forked to oblivion or abandoned.
>>
>>61912352

the irony is that you shouldnt even be here, that's how stupid you are. 0 content "Muh troll" response, no reasons given, no arguments. just full on worthless
>>
>>61912446
the beauty of open source, unfunded projects.
Why continue busting your ass on something you don't make any money from.
>>
>>61912241
>Every idea withing an OS community has to be brilliant and game changing.
>Everybody who uses an OS feels the same way.
Fud thread.
>>
>>61912241
i just didn't see the point of it. it is literally workspaces with a shitty animation to waste my time. why do this when you can simply enable workspaces on ubuntu, and then left click the workspace you want?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.