[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that there's literally no reason to use Java

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: img8.png (12KB, 508x341px) Image search: [Google]
img8.png
12KB, 508x341px
Daily reminder that there's literally no reason to use Java when .NET Core exists.
>>
There's no reason to use either when C++/QT exists
>>
Daily reminder that there is no point in using either if your job isn't shit.

If you aren't getting paid for it, it doesn't matter what is "industry standard" anyway and you have dozens of better languages/platforms to choose from.
>>
>you have dozens of better languages/platforms to choose from
in b4 js/electron
>>
Java is stable and updates won't break production code.

.NET Core is nice, we even discussed using it for a new project we're doing at work, but it ultimate came to this:
every update of .NET Core so far has come with breakages.

That's not acceptable in an enterprise environment.
>>
>>61903900
No, but if you really wanted to use it, the end result would only be slightly worse than Java.
>>
>>61903828
/thread
>>
>>61903802
Until add full support to F#
>>
>not being a programming language polyglot
>fighting over which language is best like kids
Just use the right tool for the job retard.
>>
.NET core doesn't support older systems. Check mate.
>>
>>61903802
>Anything Microsoft
>Good

Pick one
>>
File: 1502467655783.jpg (146KB, 960x758px) Image search: [Google]
1502467655783.jpg
146KB, 960x758px
>>61904303
Kerberos?

Anyway, .NET Core is great so far and its been fun migrating my personal stuff to it. I'd love to use it at work, but our systems seem to be stuck in .NET Standard for the time being.
>>
>>61904423
>using the same technology you use at work for personal projects
How do you guys do it? If I had to use Windows and .NET at home too after a day at work using them I would kill myself. I would probably end up burned out too. So I use Linux and things like C and Ruby.
>>
>tfw leader of the global market in a particular thing related to Apple
>just recently migrated to Java 8
>still using a 20 year old codebase

It's a corporate nightmare.
>>
>>61904657
Using Linux at home is how I got into using Core in the first place, and the whole dev process using VS Code is pretty different from working in regular Visual Studio.

I agree about keeping different environments; I ran pretty much the same setups at home & work for a while and did get pretty burned out. Having them different keeps them both fresh.
>>
File: Capture.png (9KB, 466x104px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
9KB, 466x104px
>>61903828
I don't want to pay for a basic GUI interface thanks.
>>
>>61903828
>Using C++ to build web backends.
>Using C++ to build anything in 2017.
HA.

>>61903975
Target .net standard for the majority of your shit and only target core for the asp stuff if you need it. Core has changed so much because it's basically alpha technology and many lessons have been learned. Standard is rock solid and runs everywhere. I expect core will be too when 2.0 drops.

Java is fucked and breaks shit all the time between versions. I can't count the number of times I've run into a vendor product that only works with jre 6.55 or whatever, and the vendor says "oh yeah, we're going to fix it soon (never) so you can stop running a huge security risk on your payroll server".
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.