[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any worse technology this century than self checkout?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 29

File: ncr-fast lane.jpg (153KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
ncr-fast lane.jpg
153KB, 800x800px
Is there any worse technology this century than self checkout?

>welcome please scan your loyalty card
>please scan your items
>place your AVOCADOS in the bagging area
>PLEASE PLACE YOUR AVOCADOS IN THE BAGGING AREA
>>move said avocados in bagging area
>UNEXPECTED ITEM IN BAGGING AREA BEEP BEEP
>>
>PLEASE WAIT FOR A STAFF MEMBER TO ASSIST YOU
>>
>>61885541
>PLEASE WAIT FOR A STAFF MEMBER TO ASSIST YOU
>an annoyed staff member swipes their card to unlock the self checkout, not checking if you were trying to steal something
>>
Why the fuck do these mini Satan's fucking REQUIRE you to put your shit in before scanning the next item. You never need to fucking do that with a human REEEEEEEEE
>>
For me there is, especially since I rarely have issues with self checkout systems. Except for this one time some faggot kid chased me down claiming I didn't pay for something that HE HAD TO AUTHORIZE THE FUCKING COUPON FOR HIMSELF.

What's worse for me are those "scan as you shop" systems. They've been so unreliable for scanning correctly, glitching out at the end of my shopping so I have to rescan everything, and then the fucking "random inspections" or whatever. It's a total waste of time.
>>
>>61885660
I shop at Waitrose and I've never had any issues with the Quick Check system.

Occasionally it gets you to rescan things that are priced individually on weight like meat, but that's rare.
>>
File: ocadovan.jpg (49KB, 574x273px) Image search: [Google]
ocadovan.jpg
49KB, 574x273px
do people still go to the supermarkets in 2017?
>>
File: scanit.jpg (99KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
scanit.jpg
99KB, 640x480px
>>61885660
>What's worse for me are those "scan as you shop" systems. They've been so unreliable for scanning correctly, glitching out at the end of my shopping so I have to rescan everything, and then the fucking "random inspections" or whatever. It's a total waste of time.
That's funny, I use the Scanit things at Stop & Shop all the time and they work great. Used it today even.
>>
>>61885718
>>61885784
I think I understand the difference in experience here: mine doesn't have those guns. It's a smartphone app based system. I suppose poor coding and fear of "hacking" or whatever is what makes mine so shitty and prone to re-inspection by staff. Fuck my life.
>>
File: scanit-register.jpg (1MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
scanit-register.jpg
1MB, 3024x4032px
>>61885811
Yeah, dedicated devices are the best. They have a lot easier time reading barcodes and they tend to use non-wifi/cellular connectivity but a dedicated network within the store that's less prone to interference. At mine you hit the checkout button on the dedicated device and it displays a barcode, you scan that at the self checkout and then it rings everything up at rapid fire speed.
>>
>>61885513
Self checkout machines that have a bagging area that "checks" the item are cancer. it's so slow.
I just wanna scan, scan, scan, but instead i have to scan, place the item, wait for confirmation, repeat.
>>
Self checkout machines work perfectly fine in my country. Some countries just tend to lag behind in terms of technology.
>>
>>61885513
yeah nothing wrong with them

>>61885954
>self checkout machines that have a bagging area that "checks" the item are cancer. it's so slow.

kek how fucking new are you? were you born yesterday? have you ever been to a supermarket?? good luck getting served by nigger or a pejeet, until then you dont know the meaning of slow
>>
I love them. I use those machines every time I do shopping, so I don't have to come into social interaction with human cashier.
>>
>>61885954
Here in California there are no bags and you have to weigh your own bag before you can use it. You have the option of buying bags from the store, but in many places they don't have these bags at the self service checkout and you have to ask someone to bring one to you.
>>
>>61886087
What the actual fuck
>>
>>61886165
They outlawed single use plastic grocery bags statewide last year
>>
I don't know what the fuck is wrong with the self-scan areas around here. It never lets me pack directly in my backpack no matter how much I press 'I brought my own bags'

The only good thing about self-checkout is that it actually allowed shops to introduce trunk queues.
>>
>>61886205
I never agree with Commie-fornia on anything but a statewide ban on plastic bags like that is a good idea. The entire idea of plastic bags is so wasteful. They take centuries to bio-degrade, and they're not even strong, so you find yourself having to double bag shit anyway. Meanwhile those shopping bags they sell at Stop-n-shop for $1 each are strong as fuck and fold easily. No reason to NOT use them.
>>
>>61885513
>>61885541
>>61885579
Are you people saying you are so retarded that you don't know how to use a self-checkout machine? Do you have brain problems?
>>
File: IMG_3922.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3922.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>"All your Tesco points add up"
Mmmmm...
>>
>>61885749
yes because you need to see what you're buying

t faggot that's not eating only packets of processed crap
>>
File: shaggy.png (308KB, 500x515px) Image search: [Google]
shaggy.png
308KB, 500x515px
>>61885513
this shit is so bad sometimes it actually makes me consider having a human being bag my groceries instead
>>
File: 1258887158852.jpg (260KB, 1000x657px) Image search: [Google]
1258887158852.jpg
260KB, 1000x657px
>>61886205
I wanted to talk shit about this, but
>>61886268
Is making a solid case here. I just miss getting paper bags.
>>
I've seen a system that uses RF tags. The cash desk has a hole into which you just drop all your stuff and it scans all the codes. One second later you can pay. This is in a supermarket-like sports store Decathlon here in Europe. I can imagine this in the future in supermarkets where you would just go with your cart through a gate and that's it, all goods scanned and counted. Stuff like veggies and fruits could be more complicated.

However some people claim that they discovered some phantom items on their receipts sometimes after they return home. So maybe sometimes it reads a tag it's not supposed to. Or they're bullshitting.
>>
File: 960531035.png (14KB, 333x293px) Image search: [Google]
960531035.png
14KB, 333x293px
>>61886268
Good goy, go green! Let's waste your time and put plastic bag factories out of business
>>
I'm bagging my own groceries.

There's a camera display over the checkout because I'm assumed to be a thief and need to be made aware of it.

The software was made by barely functional retards so it's somehow slower than someone making minimum wage.

...and some cunt comes up to me the other day and tries to shill me a credit card.

God, the future is so grim.
>>
>>61886623

Well fruits and veggies could still be the old system where you weigh it at the produce area. Then you could just put it in a bag with a RF thing where the price of the greens are associated
>>
>>61886353
>you can only buy processed food online
Really makes one think
>>
I'll use em because baggers put milk 1 one shitty plastic bag, fuck that it takes 2 or 3 or else its gonna bust through.

Also i see people stealing when using them all the time lol
>>
>>61886268

Just burn them. I'll never get the whole landfill idea. It's such an unhandy way to manage your waste
>>
>>61886623
RF Tags are a bit shitty for something like this. Not because of their system, I'd love being just able to detect and pull out of date products with a single scan.
But they're really material and work intensive. I mean, you'd have to put one on every single item, make sure that they stay there or stay undamaged and functioning during stocking or in the back and finally make sure people cant just remove/disable them. The sturdy tags for these tasks are much huger than many of the products they have to fit on.
This is a simple task for for example books in libraries. You can have your very own number protocol and they are relatively easy to maintain, because the surfaces are flat and there is a lot of space. You can protect them inside the book where they are still accessible. No prolonged changes in climate.

But in a grocery store you have millions of items (not classes but instances), cooled and refrigerated goods. Customers and employees bring in foreign RF tags all over. Also you need to constantly make sure people aren't leaving shit around the machines and that the devices aren't jammed.
Also your deli would have to make own RF-Tags for packed goods, not hard to establish but another source of error - and more expensive.

Also it's questionable if it's ecologically effective. RF Tags contain metals that are of better use somewhere else and they only have a very short life cycle. Deli and fruit tags are even only printed/programmed and read once before wandering in the trash + that shit is not recycleable.

Plus: Work force is abundant and keeps population in check.
>>
>>61886887
No, but you can't buy quality meat and produce over the internet. Never trust a minimum wage highschool dropout to do what you can do for yourself.
>>
>>61885513

I go to the bulk foods section and load up on macadamia nuts and use the label machine to print out the price sticker for the equivalent amount of hazelnuts. Then I go the the self checkout and scan my bag of nuts. No one ever finds out and i save 40 percent on macadamias.
>>
>>61886303
No you dipshit those fucking shitty machines don't work half the time.
>>
I've never had a problem with self checkout. Anything wrong is just user error.
Makes it easy to get produce for cheap.
>>
>>61886958
Burning them pollutes the atmosphere and spreads it across a larger area at that.
>>
>>61886911
Why not just carry it by the handle on the jug?
>>
>>61887736
>just user error
Or a miscalibrated bagging area scale. Or improper coding of item weights. Or excessive store restrictions requiring staff intervention for some items. Or issues with recognizing the presence of qualifying items in an order when using coupons.

But apart from those, yeah, it's just user error.
>>
>>61886205
>>61886268
you people are so fucking stupid, what do you pick up your dog's poop with? paper lunch sacks?
>>
>>61887868
Macfags do it for free.
>>
They're improving. My Tesco near work now has ones with no scale, very good scanners, and an overall highly streamlined process that lets me check out my lunch in about 45 seconds or less.
>>
File: CLGwqquW8AAGscS.jpg (31KB, 600x290px) Image search: [Google]
CLGwqquW8AAGscS.jpg
31KB, 600x290px
>sometimes pop to the shop to buy a couple of things on the way home from work
>cycle to work so just take my pannier bag in, there's loads of space so I can put my food in there
>self checkout shits itself if I try to put my pannier bag in the bagging area, cos it has things in it
>can't put my helmet anywhere but on the floor or keep it in my head like I'm done kind of spastic
>have to put my bag on the floor then bag everything up after paying
>machine autistically screeching at me to take my goods while I'm trying to pack them into my bag on the floor.
>>
>>61885513
move your... BANANA PEPPERS... to the belt
>>
I like self checkout. They've even started muting the voice that guides you through the process.

I really like how I can pay in a bunch of saved up coin change and not feel like I'm inconveniencing anybody.
>>
>>61885513
worst part is seeing windows xp themed pop-up errors occasionally when one of them is out of service
>>
self checkout is GOAT

>Don't have to pay middle aged "lifers" who think they can't improve themselves
>Lowers overhead costs of food, marginally.
>Don't get guilted into tipping the bag people
>Never any line, get through in less than a minute if you're good.
>>
Self checkout is fucking great.
There are some issues when you're buying produce, but other than that it makes buying things way faster.
Also it seems like most people are too retarded to use a touchscreen interface, so you see a lot of morons standing in line at the other registers while the self checkouts are pretty much empty.
>>
If people weren't such thieving nigras on a regular basis those machines would be much easier to use. They're not very complicated in the first place, though. Just put the shit in the bag when it tells you to. You can even place it on too if the bag racks because they're usually the scale.
>>
commiefornian here
I use self check out when I have a few items(can't use more than 20 items, supposedly), and never had a fucking problem, and it's a fucking foodmaxx. I don't what type of shit place you go to buy groceries.
>protip
bring your own grocery bags
>>
File: 1502098905069.jpg (42KB, 480x477px) Image search: [Google]
1502098905069.jpg
42KB, 480x477px
>>61889620
>Don't get guilted into tipping the bag people

... People tip bag people..?

Wow
>>
File: 1431560836559.gif (3MB, 298x224px) Image search: [Google]
1431560836559.gif
3MB, 298x224px
I get the kicks from jewing these.
I successfully managed to steal a few items with them, some of them were even somewhat expensive.
Serves them right for stealing jerbs from uneducated people.
>>
File: merchant.png (78KB, 274x320px) Image search: [Google]
merchant.png
78KB, 274x320px
>>61889805
There's a big fucking sign at my grocery store that says, "BAGGERS ARE VOLUNTEERS THAT WORK FOR TIPS."

Niggers and Jews getting paid off of white guilt. It's disgusting.
>>
>>61887195
They could just do what they make the warehouse workers do when order picking and say a quantity followed by check digit into your phone app. Would only require a label.
>>
>>61886205
Then why don't they supply the superior option of paper bags?
>>
>>61887868
>medical waste == food

Typical dumphtard.
>>
>>61885513
I've never had those problems, I'd put the item down and a second later they shut up. Only issues I've had are UPCs being scrunched and unreadable and the system not having a scanner gun so I can't scan small items or gift cards. Always mute the voice as well.
>>
File: stupip.jpg (40KB, 600x485px) Image search: [Google]
stupip.jpg
40KB, 600x485px
>s-sorry thought this PS4 was potatoes
>>
>>61889805
My mom used to when we'd shop at the army base commissary but that was only because the baggers would bag and then cart all your shit out to your vehicle and help you load it.
>>
File: 1487911071067.jpg (13KB, 480x460px) Image search: [Google]
1487911071067.jpg
13KB, 480x460px
>go through self checkout at walmart
>just a couple things including a case of Arnold Palmer in cans
>finish checking out
>Get stopped by the attendant
"Why didn't it ask to card you?"
>wtf
"Isn't that alcoholic?"
>bitch points to the AP
>mfw I have to explain to what looked like a mid 30's woman that Arnold Palmer is a soft drink that's just tea and lemonade
>>
The machines at my local grocery store are terrible. Pretty much what OP describes. It will often expect items that have a very low weight to register as a change in weight on the scale, but the scale isn't calibrated correctly so it calls the clerk over to do an override. Our local Target store recently got self checkout machines and they're even more retarded. They don't register items going on the scale, or they mysteriously register ghost items and expect you to remove something even though you scanned it. Last time I used one the clerk never came to do an override and it irritated me so much that I didn't go back to the store for several months. I still avoid Target because that paired with leaking credit card info means that they clearly don't give a shit about their customers.

Oddly enough the best self checkout machine I ever used we're at Walmart. They almost never register weights incorrectly and I don't think I've had a single problem with one. I suppose they do have the money to hire good engineers.
>>
>>61886087
I visited some europoors and it was the same way there, the communists running the eu decided to make these regulations and in addition you have to pay like an extra euro for bottles and you get your euro back if you bring the bottle back to recycle.
>>
>>61886663
If they can manufacture plastic bags, they can manufacture plenty of other things.
>>
>>61886353
>>61886887
>>61887356
I like going to Walmart or Winco and getting discounted meat, about $1/pound less. Even then, there are a few that have more fat than others.
>>
>wait for a staff member
AM I BEING DETAINED?
>>
>>61885513
Only in Ameridumbs shit like this works buggy as fuck.
>tfw europoor
>glorious self-checkout without any issues
What happen, Ameritards? Bad programmers writing bad self-checkout software?
>>
>>61890276
The self checkout in Denmark is pretty bad.
You have to scan a single item at a time, wait for the weight to register the item and then do the next one.
It takes about 4 times as long as when we had professionals do it, but now there is 4 times as many scanners so it is a win I guess.
>>
I go to store buy your shit and then im expected to pay and bag it all myself so you corporate assholes can put more money in your pockets. The future is shit.
>>
>>61885718
>shopping at waitrose
fucking posh prick, i went in there once and i was given the dirtiest look ever by people in it, and i was dressed up for a concert.
>>
>>61887868
i eat dogs
>>
>>61890276
Idk senpai, bugs like that are still keeping me from checking pistachios as potatoes, what if it ask for that staff member for some gay reason
>>
>>61890322
but it's not actually saving them any money, just you time, because there's still only two checkers even though there are thirty checkout lanes aside from the self ones
>>
File: 1502236365068.jpg (158KB, 835x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1502236365068.jpg
158KB, 835x1024px
>>61885513
Why do you people have so many issues with these things? Fucking learn how to use em goddamnit.

I'm tired of waiting for you retards spending 30 minutes cluelessly staring at the machine each time you fuck up something.
>>
>>61886801
>Bring groceries to cashier
>Unload everything onto belt
>Cashier is visibly miserable
>Manages to smash your bread
>Gives you your total before waiting for coupons
>Collect everything from the other belt
>Bag it, cart it, and leave
The previous way wasn't much better
>>
>>61890382
I bought a bunch of grapes yesterday. Produce requires a PLU to be typed in, but the register zapped a UPC that was on the side of the bag and declared it as an invalid item. Then the register locked up and wouldn't let me finish the transaction until some gimpy guy hobbled over, flashed his employee card, and pressed a button
>>
File: 1501652834512.png (3MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1501652834512.png
3MB, 1440x1080px
>>61890427
So don't do that you idiot. Christ.
>>
>>61885513
I don't have issues with them if they work properly. What I can't fucking stand is when they lag. I'm doing a cashiers job for free and I'm paying good money for shit, The least you can do is use a use proper hardware or maintain the things. They're not doing that much, It shouldn't be that hard for them to run fast.
>>
>>61886315
>"all your good-goyâ„¢ points add up"
>>
Our self checkouts are based on honesty :)
Scales don't function, you merely tell the machine what you are buying and then move on in the world
>>
>>61889620
HAHAHA fuck all those losers who work at a cash register for twenty years. And they still slow about it. Wearing all them pins and silly little things. Fucks wrong wicchu? I only use regular checkout when i feel like having a laugh.
I mean the way people behave in stores is retarded. Lining up to get their receipts checked and shit and then complaining about it. Just fucking leave you fat mongoloid fuck. Take your retarded ass children with you and walk the 50 feet back to your car since you circled the parking lot three times and waited five minutes for the old lady to make a 5 point turn backing out of her parking spot just so you can park right there in the front. But nooooo, you just have to line up by the exit and submit yourself to inspection and then give the poor receipt checker, who themselves has a complex about their authority, a hard time for this terrible hassle. Then you get to go sit in traffic. All in all this horrible ordeal has taken hours and caused your family a lot of stress and everything was very overpriced.
>>
>>61890124
Ehhhh, used to make it a hard drink with lemondae/unsweet iced tea/french vodka @ $18.75/1.75L for something worth drinking.
>>
I love them, it makes it so easy to steal from the supermarket jews.

>scan a few items
>scan another
>place it on the scale thing along with another item
>UNEXPECTED ITEM IN BAGGING AREA

The staff member will either be paying attention and say "Oh this one hasn't scanned" in which case you just act dumb like "Haha I hate these things" and scan it.

OR

The staff member doesn't give a single fuck and just swipes their card to override the unexpected item warning.
>>
>>61890470
Oh
>>
>>61887356
>>61887356
>Ocado
>minimum wage
>can't buy quality meat online
Haha good one! Made me spit my pheasant out and spill my cava
>>
>>61890667
The point I'm trying to make here is that your typical american shopper is dim witted, slow to react, overweight, struggles to get in and out of the store, and just generally is very slow and inefficient of their time. These are the people for whom this modern world is built. They cant calculate price per unit, are suckers for shitty brands, and can be easily manipulated by item location and pricing. Simultaneously, they expect to be waited on by workers who are very much like themselves, and are busy going about the process of trying to maintain item availability and doing a very poor job of it.
Some stores are better than my example, based on my experience (fucking southern california walmart). But they all suffer from bloated inventories and pass the huge markup onto the customers. SAD
Oh shit some little kid spilled their orange hi-c all over the floor and a fat guy slipped on it. Better get two of your 50,000 a year assistant managers to go console this fat sack of shit while he cries in pain of his broken , overstressed ankle and waits for the fire department to haul his disgusting ass out of there. $30,000 for him, and a lost sale of about $200 for the store. FUCK RETAIL
>>
>>61886353
>not consuming 100% Soylent 1.8 and triple osmosis filtered water.

it's almost like your time just isn't that valuable
>>
>>61885513
Never had such problems.

All the self checkouts in my country seems to be based on trust.
ie: they trust you scan all your items correctly and pay the full amount, no checks unless you get picked "by random" (which only ever happens when you're a non-white).
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
>>61890583
It's like other people don't like cheap cinema tickets or meals out for just shopping
>>
>>61890382
i used one that does not have that buggy scale thing and i didnt have any problems with it.
>>
Ex-Retail-fag here.

I have no problems with self-checkouts because I know how to scan shit and I'm not retarded enough bring an entire cart when it should be a 5 item limit.

If you don't know how to use one, DON'T USE THEM.
>>
>>61889765
> You can even place it on too if the bag racks because they're usually the scale

Did you just have a seizure?
>>
>>61889814
>Implying you need a self-checkout to steal something
>Implying you need an excuse to steal
>Being such a shit-stain on society that you look for an excuse to steal

How's life treatin' ya?
>>
>>61890173
If that happens, there should be a sticker on the machine saying "this item inspected by the [City Name] Department of Weights and Measures on XXX" along with a phone number. Call that number and complain about the scanne rnot being calibrated correctly. They can order the store to fix it or fine them.
>>
>>61886087
Chicago has this too, without the "weigh your own bag"
>you want a plastic bag? that'll cost you 7 cents
>>
File: download.png (4KB, 476x106px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
4KB, 476x106px
Publix® doesn't have this problem
>>
>>61885513
>Avocados
>buying expensive millennial shit instead of saving for a house
ScoMo would be displeased.
>>
>>61886087
You bonehead! You stack all your items on the scale first, then finish and pay, then bag them afterwards.
>>
>>61885513
>Are you still using this machine? *freezes*
>Welcome please scan your first item
>>
File: 13573658217.jpg (8KB, 218x218px) Image search: [Google]
13573658217.jpg
8KB, 218x218px
>>61885513
>PLEASE WAIT FOR ASSISTANCE
>>
>>61885513

>have 24 pack water in cart
>get water out and scan it first
>idiot that watches the self check out area always comes over and scans it because it was at the bottom rack of the cart (some people try to walk out with items still on the bottom)
>can't put anything in the bagging area because it always says unexpected item when you so much as breathe on it
>>
>>61886087
>>61886205

>he doesn't save all his plastic bags and use them for various things like trashbags for small bins or to bag disgusting shit like dead critters/vomit etc
>>
>>61885513
Like any system all you need to do is figure out how they work and then they are easy to use.

This is very difficult for some people though. Mostly autists.
>>
I don't have to talk to the dumb nigger cashier so I like it
>>
File: 1477400380471.jpg (56KB, 670x494px) Image search: [Google]
1477400380471.jpg
56KB, 670x494px
>regular checkout has a huge line
>use self checkout
>beep; please wait for assistance
>the cashier from the checkout with the long line of customers comes to help
>can visibly see the frustration on her face
>>
>>61886268
There's literally bags of plastic that biodegrades in less than three months.
I have them in my third world shithole.
>>
i hate all of you people.
high school kids do this in their sleep.
how do you fuck up scanning items
with that said, god i hate "please wait for assistance"
for stupid things like automotive lubricant, disposable razor blades, can air
this is America, goddamnit!
if i want to cut myself with disposable blades while huffing canned air then i have every right to do so
>>
>>61890821

How is soylent 1.8? Last I had was 1.6 and bottled 2.0 all last summer. Really liked the 2.0
>>
>>61892609
Kek'd
>>
>>61885513
Twitter is arguably a far worse invention.
>>
File: 1502321815658.png (41KB, 400x416px) Image search: [Google]
1502321815658.png
41KB, 400x416px
>>61885513
THESE FUCKING CUNT MACHINES JUST DO NOT WORK
WHERE I LIVE THE SHOPS ARE TINY AND THERES RARELY ENOUGH FUCKING STAFF TO COVER THE QUEUES
SO PEOPLE GO TO THESE MACHINES AND THEY JSUT DO NOT FUCKING WORK
]I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW SAINSBURYS THE NATOIONAL SUPERSTORE CANT MAKE A FUCKING SCREEN YOU POKE
I DONT GET IT
WHY
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
NOW I HAVE TO SOCIALIZE AND SPEAK TO PEOPLE WHO ARENT ANONYMOUS
>>
Its store dependent on how they work

in the UK Tesco now has card only machines that you just scan and pay without having to balance them on a fucking scale. Asda has some similar shit.

Lidl (being cheap fucks) and morrisons have the worst self checkouts. Lidls are painfully slow, difficult to use and constant require staff to "authorize". Morrisons' ones are sensitive as fuck and also require authorization for even the slightest weight inaccuracy.
>>
File: Checkouts.png (16KB, 456x298px) Image search: [Google]
Checkouts.png
16KB, 456x298px
Have you seen Stallman in your grocery store?
>>
>>61893282
We should force businesses with razor sharp profit margins to pay a lot more to hire a person to do the job and while we're at it, lets force those businesses to pay them a hell of a lot more than they're worth for that job.
>>
>>61892798
+1
>>
>>61893333
>razor sharp profit margins
Delusional.
>>
My local hardware stores use them. I'm really impressed. I think you still have to get a cashier to check out building material but it's great when you want to buy small packaged stuff. Though I'm still jelly of Japan when it comes to their konbini culture.
>>
I can't wait for self-checkout to replace my job so I can start collecting my autismbux.
>>
>>61892798
kys
>>
>>61885513
nope
>>
Fuck the Jew. The self check out represents the Jew. It benefits no one except (( them ))
>>
>>61885513
Fuck off, Maddox
>>
File: Presto-Spesa-Esselunga[1].jpg (40KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Presto-Spesa-Esselunga[1].jpg
40KB, 600x800px
>>61885784
yep, these things are the best. The only downside is that you need to have an account with the retailer.
Random inspections are nothing more than a way to get more points on your card, for me.
>>
File: 1501405998890.png (85KB, 712x370px) Image search: [Google]
1501405998890.png
85KB, 712x370px
>>61895829
>>61895841
>>
The self checkout at ny grocery store doesn't have this retarded weighing system, you just scan your items and go, I guess it feels better not living in a police state where everyone is guilty until proven innocent.
>>
>>61895859
>>
>>61889620
>Lowers overhead costs of food, marginally.

I would wish more stores offer discounts if you use cash, just like gas stations do. Winco is the closest to do this, they don't take credit cards but so many of their items are on sale. Got Foster Farm chicken patties for $4 while they're $5-$6 at every other store.
>>
>>61895889
The weighing system is weird. There are places where you weight and apply the barcode to your own vegetables and fruits and nobody ever gives a shit, because no nigger is around to stick tomatoes barcode to a bag of avocados, but in the same supermarket they have weighing self checkout.
Thread posts: 127
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.