[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If i say "I DO NOT ACCEPT" loud and clear while "clicking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: windows10_eula.jpg (68KB, 515x407px) Image search: [Google]
windows10_eula.jpg
68KB, 515x407px
If i say "I DO NOT ACCEPT" loud and clear while "clicking where i was going to click", it justs installs, so i tought it was FREE!

Or atleast i say my own"terms of use" and then say, "if i click accept and you process data you agree to my terms of use, but i don't agree with yours."

Any of you guys do this?
>>
File: About Windows.png (44KB, 505x443px) Image search: [Google]
About Windows.png
44KB, 505x443px
>>61884499
What??
>>
I used to do it when I was younger.

Nowadays I know that spoken statements are only legally binding if there's witnesses who can testify.
So if you ask your coworker to come from the next cubicle over, and indeed press accept while saying out loud "By doing so I am not agreeing to anything" then you've tricked the system.
Otherwise it's useless.

>inb4 you agree to something by clicking the button
You never agreed to this statement. You first need to agree that pressing button states acceptance of terms, and *then* press the button, thus really acknowledging them.
If there's witnesses that you didn't agree to the first, you never agreed to either.
>>
>>61884639
My mom always hear me!
So ok, i'm fine.

And, what if i look away from the monitor and just press things(supposing is a touch screen monitor)
>>
>>61884499
>are you guys that stupid too
>>
>>61884685
A judge would say that it's negligence if you say "I just clicked randomly while looking away from the screen". It's like saying "I was just signing with a pen without looking at what I was signing". A better strategy would be "I was aware of such statement and I didn't agree with the conditions".
>>
>>61884685
>My mom always hear me!
Not good enough because she's not aware what exactly are you not agreeing to.
She needs to be able to testify on this matter.

>what if i look away from the monitor and just press things
It'd make a case, but it's a super-weak argument. Like the infamous "my cat walked on my keyboard".
No, not really - it wouldn't work.
>>
>>61884804
>>61884814
Thanks for the clarifications, so, i do now have a FREE windows?
I mean, if a Microsoft memeber would come to me and say that, that is his intellectual propriety and to uninstall i can say: "no it isn't, the background is different" right?

I just want to be sure.
>>
>>61884846
Yeah
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.