[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>graduate with Diploma in Computer Science >still don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1489300964406s.jpg (8KB, 250x211px) Image search: [Google]
1489300964406s.jpg
8KB, 250x211px
>graduate with Diploma in Computer Science
>still don't know how to program
>have to constantly duckduckgo on how to code

Is programming the least satisfying "hobby"? You can never feel truly proficient at it if you need to keep looking things up.
>>
>>61882503
That's what happens when you play videogames during lectures.
>>
>>61882503
>Diploma in computer memering, a field that requires constant obsession and real dedication, which you don't have
>you somehow managed to not know how to program, after passing countless math and programming courses
>use jew jew go like the illiterate cunt you are, instead of Jewgle (at least works) or StartPage

You are forcing yourself into something you don't really want, it is that simple.
>>
>>61882503
>Is programming the least satisfying "hobby"? You can never feel truly proficient at it if you need to keep looking things up.
Of course you can't program like you would write normal text. There are more functions, librarires, modules, packages and whatnot than there are words in English. You can't expect to know what everything does, regardless of how long you've programmed.

The difference between a good and a bad programmer often is that a good programmer knows when and where to use something others have already made. Usually they need to then search for it.
>>
>>61882503
>duckduckgo
here's your problem, go join the botnet
>>
>>61882503
>he thinks he learns to program if he takes CS
lel
>>
>>61882503
Look up 'imposter syndrome'. Most all programmers have or experience some kind imposter syndrome.
>>
>>61882503
i do the same for functions
i can never remember which order you put params in strncpy etc
>>
I am doing a degree right now.
Learning python3. Got basic loops down so far.
I hit a bit if a wall right now though.
>>
>>61882503
>Computer Science
Aren't there more/other job opportunists with computer science other than programming?
>>
>>61882503
>there are "universities" that let you graduate without even knowing Java or the very basic fundamentals of C
Jesus might as well just burn your cash instead
>>
>>61882977
Well, usually you do to a certain extent.
In my experience you regularly need to program even in theoretical lectures.
OP only got himself to blame, but it's still ridiculous he got a degree without having learned how to program.
>>
>>61882503
Stop being a degenerate and find another field. You need to have a genuine interest and passion for programming to get anywhere and thats just the bottom of the barrel when it comes to this field. Most of us have been doing this shit since we were 8 or younger. Put in real effort, work on real projects, or gtfo.
>>
>>61884484
Also this.
>>
>>61882503
Same. Mainly just copied of Zhang the entire time, and don't really know how to do anything. I have a job now, but I hired a guy named Ling remotely to do it while I just shitpost on 4chan all day.
>>
You know how to program. You are just a bad programmer.

You wouldn't get a diploma otherwise... I think.
>>
>>61882628
THIS

Im not OP but i too took CS at uni and after years of learning to do useless shit in python and C i just got bored and gave up. The only interesting class was the one we did flash because there we could actually create something of use that people could use. Other than that and a digital tv class the rest was S H I T.

Instead of teaching us skills we can use IRL to make money we were taught extreme autism. Im still not mad though since im not interested in any other degree. Most jobs seem uninteresting and a way to kill your creativity. I shoul've saved up that uni money and open up a coffee shop
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.